Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm trying to abuse my ID/SID combo, and am finally hitting my seconds but I can't seem to hit my delay. I am aiming for 6820 but find myself consistently hitting around 6970-6980. Any tips/suggestions on how to hit my delay?
I assume you're using eon timer or something similar? On eon timer theres an update option that will account for your misses and eventually get you closer. You just have to input the delay you're hitting consistently then press update.

I assume you're using eon timer or something similar? On eon timer theres an update option that will account for your misses and eventually get you closer. You just have to input the delay you're hitting consistently then press update.
k thanks caruto! :)

Hi i wondering if anyone could help with rng in 4th generation games. i have managed to understand rng in 3rd generation and learnt how to in 5th generation but i'm really struggling with 4th generation. I have read countless articles but i find it bewildering. I would like to rng my wondercard Jirachi and Mew on my Diamond & Platinum carts to start(supposedly easy?) . I have done the calibration bit on my fat ds and my average seconds are 14 and delay 626-650 but i'm stumped now and not sure how to proceed i've got the latest rng reporter and i've read rng guide on smogon site. For example since it says odd frames are easier i'll go for 690302C3 FRAME 43 (31/13/31/31/31/31) i input this into seed to time and put in 1st jan 2011 and the first time comes up at 03.45.59 with delay 696. What do i do now as my average delays were 625-650 how do i increase delay, if i can increase it? And if i get my delay higher is it then trial and error until i hit a delay of 696? And then flip pages to get frame 43 and when do i do coin flips after i have taken the mew or jirachi or before
any help greatly appreciated and i can give anyone some free flawless pokemon from 5th generation as i can do rng in that generation. thanks x

Hi i wondering if anyone could help with rng in 4th generation games. i have managed to understand rng in 3rd generation and learnt how to in 5th generation but i'm really struggling with 4th generation. I have read countless articles but i find it bewildering. I would like to rng my wondercard Jirachi and Mew on my Diamond & Platinum carts to start(supposedly easy?) . I have done the calibration bit on my fat ds and my average seconds are 14 and delay 626-650 but i'm stumped now and not sure how to proceed i've got the latest rng reporter and i've read rng guide on smogon site. For example since it says odd frames are easier i'll go for 690302C3 FRAME 43 (31/13/31/31/31/31) i input this into seed to time and put in 1st jan 2011 and the first time comes up at 03.45.59 with delay 696. What do i do now as my average delays were 625-650 how do i increase delay, if i can increase it? And if i get my delay higher is it then trial and error until i hit a delay of 696? And then flip pages to get frame 43 and when do i do coin flips after i have taken the mew or jirachi or before
any help greatly appreciated and i can give anyone some free flawless pokemon from 5th generation as i can do rng in that generation. thanks x
They are relatively easy, but can be rather difficult due to not being able to check your delay without having the frame advanced by the NPCs. As if I remember correctly, there is no mart that lacks moving NPC's.

Indeed odd frames are easier to go for.

If you understand what a delay is, you can understand how to abuse them. A delay is a timer that runs in the background that has a speed of 60 times per second. So abuse the delay you are going to need a timer. There are plenty floating around here. Pikatimer, Eon timer, etc.

Coin flips are a method of seed verification. If there are moving NPCs, it will mess it up. So if you find any in the area you are in, don't even bother.

On a cart in the 4th gen? You're going to have a difficult time. You'll need to keep track the number of times any NPCs move.
Yeah, I'm on a retail cart. The ID/SID combo I abused for has a really good spread (Timid 31/31/31/30/31/31) on frame 5 of method 1, which is good for cyndaquil.

Yeah, I'm on a retail cart. The ID/SID combo I abused for has a really good spread (Timid 31/31/31/30/31/31) on frame 5 of method 1, which is good for cyndaquil.
Since your desired frame is that of the started. Save in front of the little.... thing.

Where you pick up the starter, abuse for your delay. Checking what delay you got by the IV's of the Cyndaquil. When you hit the right delay, when it lets you decide which Pokemon you want to pick up, Cyndaquil should be shown as shiny.

Since your desired frame is that of the started. Save in front of the little.... thing.

Where you pick up the starter, abuse for your delay. Checking what delay you got by the IV's of the Cyndaquil. When you hit the right delay, when it lets you decide which Pokemon you want to pick up, Cyndaquil should be shown as shiny.

Princess of Johto has been helping me with this, and since I have no way to check IVs since I have no AR, she said that I'll just have to keep guessing until I get it.

Yuppers, that's what you're going to have to do.
Good luck.

I'm using the find seed by IV range tool on RNGreporter, would this help? I can go through the game a little bit and level up my cyndaquil until I can narrow down the IVs a lot. Also, for hitting the delay, where do I hit A when the second timer ends? The start game screen?

I'm using the find seed by IV range tool on RNGreporter, would this help? I can go through the game a little bit and level up my cyndaquil until I can narrow down the IVs a lot. Also, for hitting the delay, where do I hit A when the second timer ends? The start game screen?
Start the game from an AR, main DS screen, or Soft Reset at the end of the first timer.
Hit A to get into the game world at the end of the second timer.

Hey Guys, Anyone else's rng reporter lags or does not respond?Because every time when i generate a seed for a shiny egg for hgss , it always freezes :(

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey Guys, Anyone else's rng reporter lags or does not respond?Because every time when i generate a seed for a shiny egg for hgss , it always freezes :(
IIRC, 9.81 has a messed up shiny egg finder.
Anyway, a possibility is that you're running out of RAM. Try limiting your search more.

someone help me please, where can i get a ditto easily so i can rng for a perfect ditto i'll be needing it for my rng breeding thx

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
someone help me please, where can i get a ditto easily so i can rng for a perfect ditto i'll be needing it for my rng breeding thx
You're better off just asking around for one. A lot of people will give them away. If you don't want to do that, you'll have to wait for a swarm. That's how I got mine, anyway.

Hi! It's been a while since I've done a 4th Generation RNG, and my first doing ID/SID Abuse. I've been having trouble with even/odd delays now... Sometimes when I insert a 3rd Generation Cartridge, the delay does not become even and I am consistently getting odd, which is not what I want. I have tried changing the years, but every time I change it the even/odd delay changes as well. Should I try starting the game a few times and trying to get a consistent even/odd delay, then change to the appropriate year? Thanks!

Hi! It's been a while since I've done a 4th Generation RNG, and my first doing ID/SID Abuse. I've been having trouble with even/odd delays now... Sometimes when I insert a 3rd Generation Cartridge, the delay does not become even and I am consistently getting odd, which is not what I want. I have tried changing the years, but every time I change it the even/odd delay changes as well. Should I try starting the game a few times and trying to get a consistent even/odd delay, then change to the appropriate year? Thanks!
I had the same problem-
I would just find a different ID/SID combo that has an odd delay.

Toast++

For some reason when doing ID/SID, you can hit both odd and even. It's just kinda down to luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)