How to clone Pokemon in Emerald version

You would need to sacrifice at least one pokemont to clone six, because outside other weird glitches, there is no way to ever not have at least one active pokemon in your party.

there was a gamefaqs thread about this, so i thought id share it

1. Save in front of the PC in the Battle Tower.
2. Deposit the pokemon you want to clone in an empty box.
3. Leave the PC and save again.
4. Go to the PC one more time and withdraw the pokemon you want to clone, the one that's in an empty box.
5. Talk to the lady on the far right, and she will ask you to join a Multi Battle.
6. Select Yes and choose any two pokemon.
7. When she asks if you want to save, select Yes.
8. If everything so far has been done correctly, the game will wait about one second before doing anything else.
9. It doesnt matter what you do from her, the One Second wait was the glitch taking place.
10. Turn off your game, and now the cloned pokemon is both in the PC and in your party.

btw this is 100% verified to work, and is a cool way to get more tms or hold items or even master balls if you want. with the advent of d/p, assuming item trading works, this is going to be rather helpful.

however nobody knows the long term effects, so it might create corrupted data after awhile, i dunno

edit: also anyone with shinies or pokemon with sweet ivs should clone them and trade them over wifi imo :[[[
it didnt work there is no lady on the far right in my game! no one offers a muilt battle

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
If it was an Emerald game and you were in the Battle Tower in the Battle Frontier, then there is a lady in the far right who offers a multi battle.

trying it now...if it works i am cloning my jirachi.

wow,it works!now cloning my raquaza,kygore,hitmotop,hitmochan,hitmolee,groudon,gardevoir,castform,kecleon,blissy and many more.

Can this damage your game/result in loss of memory or something?
this game backs up its original data in case if something like that happened. "Your previous save file was corrupted. Loading last save" or something like that. dont worry.

1. There is a back-up save file just in case you mess up

2. Unless you totally mess up, the back-up file wont be necessary as this doesnt damage the file in anyway. You are just taking advantage of the game only saving certain things in the battle tower.

Does anyone know if Nintendo can detect clones? 'Cause it would really, really stink to be disqualified from a tournament because you had clones on your team/caught one of your pokes with a cloned master ball/have movesets that used cloned TMs/save file showed that once upon a time you had some kind of clone, etc.

I found out at the Serebiiforums. Some people there are acting just stupid about. There's even an 'anti-cloning club' where people keep on saying that the 4th generation is doomed :D It isn't doomed, it's blessed.

I mainly sue the cloning glitch to clone rare candies so I won't have to train my pokémon all the ay to lv 100 after they're EV Trained.

i made a vid of the glitch because i kept forgetting the steps to do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqU7h08W49Y
You named a girl character Ridley? Is that your real name? Is that even a girl's name? If not, there must be some connection... (I personally like the girl character as well.)

Anyways, with Diamond and Pearl's release around the corner, and the Pal Park being a one-way transfer, you'll probably want to use this if you really want to keep your rare legendaries. I started over in my Emerald not too long ago. The starters are no problem, however, if you just breed with Ditto. I bred my Swampert with a Ditto yesterday, so i'll test the trick with that Mudkip later.

I found out at the Serebiiforums. Some people there are acting just stupid about. There's even an 'anti-cloning club' where people keep on saying that the 4th generation is doomed :D It isn't doomed, it's blessed.

I mainly sue the cloning glitch to clone rare candies so I won't have to train my pokémon all the ay to lv 100 after they're EV Trained.
After all, you've got to put effort into getting this pokemon to clone, so i don't think it will ruin DP. You say trading will be broken? Well, you don't need to trade/can clone too...

Awesome I tried it and its better than the RBY clone pokemon glitch becuz A) it doesnt require any timing and B) never glitches your game...at least immediately. Definitely do it with Ubers (excluding wobbuffet) and other one time pokemon.

Note) also very helpful for item cloning!!!

I would think the directions were mentioned several times in this thread... but whatever

1. Make sure you have two unique pokemon in your party holding two unique (or none at all) items. Neither of those pokemon can be Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Deoxys, Celebi, or Jirachi.

2. Go to your PC --> Lanette's PC --> MOVE ITEMS --> and let pokemon in your PC hold any items you wish to duplicate.

3. Save the game

4. Remove the items from the pokemon, returning them to your bag.

5. If you would like to duplicate any pokemon, withdraw them from your PC now. Otherwise proceed to step 6.

6. If you are not already at the Battle Frontier's Battle Tower, go there now.

7. Talk to the person behind a desk on the far right... IE the LINK MULTI BATTLE ROOMS guide.

8. Skip through what she says, select any two pokemon to compete, and she will say "Before entering a BATTLE ROOM, your progress must be saved. Is that okay?".

9. Click YES. There will be a pause of approximately 2 seconds. After the next text box appears, turn off the power/reset.

When you turn the game back on, you will be standing in front of the lady and each of the items involved will be attached to pokemon in the PC as in step 2, AND still in your bag.

6 rows per box X 5 columns per box X 14 boxes = 420 items can be cloned at once

God Damnit! I just lost my kadabra! You have to make sure you dont put a pokemon in that empty box or it will be overwritten.

I put a sudowoodo in box 14, then saved, switched with kadabra, and then kadabra was gone, and replaced by a cloned sudowoodo. Grrr you should have put that in the first page!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)