Data State of the Game - 8/7/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
but psychic's BP is now 1 less in "normal" Weight Class: 3, this means that against stuff like Gengar, where it was a 9 BP move is now a 8 BP move, this doesn't seem fair since now it works as a worst shadow ball (20% SpD drop), I think 6 + Target Weight Class would be just as good, making it the same as before against most foes, and not really making it overpowered

PS: Wood hammer doesn't say how much his BP increases thanks to weight

Dig: The Pokemon digs its way under the ground with claws or other appendages, and surfaces beneath its opponent and jumps out of the ground to attack it. The Pokemon may stay underground for an extended length of time, but this costs an additional three (3) energy per action. If the user has a Size Class Greater than 4, has the Levitate trait, or is a Flying-type, it can hit a Levitating opponent or an opponent using Magnet Rise.

Bulldoze, Earth Power, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude can always strike a digging opponent, while other attacks can hit if aimed properly.

Attack Power: 8 | Accuracy: 100% | Energy Cost: 10 | Attack Type: Physical | Effect Chance: -- | Typing: Ground | Priority: Evasion Action: 0 Hit: -2. Hit can be suspended, and Dig will have 0 priority on the action the Pokemon attacks. | CT: Deferring
I think this move in particular is going a little overboard. While a lot of changes make sense, I feel like unless a move is weight-based in game, it shouldn't be affected by the addition of weight classes. Furthermore, the dig change in particular goes a little to far in my opinion, as it greatly lessens the value of things like Magnet Rise and Levitate (which are already much much weaker in ASB than they are in-game). Lest people see me as biased, I currently have Lairon (soon to be Aggron) and Fidgit, both of whom would benefit from this change.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think this move in particular is going a little overboard. While a lot of changes make sense, I feel like unless a move is weight-based in game, it shouldn't be affected by the addition of weight classes. Furthermore, the dig change in particular goes a little to far in my opinion, as it greatly lessens the value of things like Magnet Rise and Levitate (which are already much much weaker in ASB than they are in-game). Lest people see me as biased, I currently have Lairon (soon to be Aggron) and Fidgit, both of whom would benefit from this change.
First, it's Size based, not Weight based. E.g. if the mon is really huge, sufficient that it's physical body is taller than the space a Levitating pokemon generally stays in the air, it would be able to hit with Dig. Steelix for example is 30 feet long, it can literally Dig under something and thrust upward 30 feet in the air. Size 5 and greater mons are fairly rare, most of them are legends, the few that aren't are titanic: Onix/Steelix, Rhyperior, Mamoswine, Groudon, and Beartic are the only mons that qualify IIRC. Though I could further expand it to include mons with a physical size of 3.5m or more. In any case, it has nothing to do with weight, and you'd know that if you had read the actual change.

Also, someone had asked about Heavy Metal and its effect on Aggron vs. the old version:

The old version boosted BAP on recoil moves plus a few random head based moves by by 2, so Head Smash had 17 BAP, Double-Edge had 14, and Iron Head got boosted to 10.

With the new mechanics, Aggron has 11.5 Weight Class with Heavy Metal when using certain attacks (and WC 10 against oncoming attacks).

Head Smash: 12 + 11.5/1.5 (round up) = 20 [23 with STAB], EC: 9 + 11.5/2.5 = 14 (13 with STAB)
Giga Impact: 12 + 11.5/1.5 (round up) = 20, EC: 9 + 11.5/2.5 = 14
Double-Edge: 10 + 11.5/1.5 (round up) = 18 , EC: 6 + 11.5/2.5 = 11
Heavy Slam: 4 + 2 * (11.5 - x) = 25 Max (20 CAP), [23 with STAB], EC: 5 + 11.5/1.5 = 13 (12 with STAB)

So basically, Aggron hits like a truck, but Low Kick and Grass Knot now have 16 BAP against it, and any Fighting type with a throwing move can severely damage it as well, given its 4x weakness to Fighting attacks.

EDIT: I'm sure I missed something in all this, but I'm shutting this down and making it official. There will not be any votes, however the committee will stay the same and we will vote on the new Sub rules after the next SotG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)