Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly what I needed. Although I never have ran HP fire tentacuel (the thought never crossed my mind ever actually). Its not so much of a problem though because now I found a better way of dealing with it, but thanks.
It's a "different" set. I'll post it in New/Creative movesets for you to see.

I want to do a Platinum solo run. What pokemon do you suggest? I don't want it to be too difficult, but I don't want to breeze through the game either.

Does Smogon as a community accept Pokecheck as an everyday part of Pokemon?

I've discovered some glitches unique to Pokecheck. If Pokecheck has glitches then just like Gamefreaks' oversights we should be able to take advantage of Pokecheck oversights. However if it is just an optional thing that not everyone agrees with it might be considered cheating.

Well, to be honest: I know Gardenia is quite a bitch if you use a water type, so Gastrodon is out. Floatzel and Luxray look fine, gonna check out their moves and stats and make a choice then.

Edit: Checked both and I think Floatzel will be my choice.

I need help understanding some mechanics for pokemon dream world if someone wants to be of some help you can pm/vm me or quote me

Does Paralysis half the opponent's current speed stat or change the multiplier to 0.5x?
Paralysis adds a constant 0.25x multiplier, reducing the stat to a quarter of what it otherwise is. This is independent of any other changes to the stat.

I'm not sure what you're asking, since the two options you suggest are functionally the same and both incorrect, but I hope this answers your question.

I can help you guys out in teambuilding, just PM me what kind of team you want to build and some pokemon you want to center it around. Although I'm not that great a player myself, so you may want to find a higher calling.

What do you mean by pokemon dream world mechanics?
Such as acessing new worlds. Will these worlds be optional to go to or will you be randomly picked to go to one? Also the feature in the game sync world located on B/W that allows you to merge with another player to unlock things in the game. Such as halfed time for breeding, the stones, ect.. Will this have to be done via wifi or DS to DS? Also if im going to an island in the dream world and no pokemon are showing up what does that mean?
Thanx I have been on one of these but not the rest

In Smogon's new Battle Finder thing, can we ask for Streetmon battles? Over the DS, not PO.

I was wondering cause I was about to do it, but then I wasnt sure if it was a real tier.

Alright, so today I was battling and this happened.

Start of turn 2
Breludicolo_alt_7 called Lileep back!
Breludicolo_alt_7 sent out Woobat!

Scraggy used Dragon Dance!
Scraggy's Attack rose!
Scraggy's Speed rose!

The sandstorm rages!
Scraggy is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Woobat is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 3
Scraggy used Crunch!
It's super effective!
Breludicolo_alt_7: ...
The foe's Woobat lost 95% of its health!
The foe's Woobat fainted!

Does unaware ignore speed boosts?

Alright, so today I was battling and this happened.

Start of turn 2
Breludicolo_alt_7 called Lileep back!
Breludicolo_alt_7 sent out Woobat!

Scraggy used Dragon Dance!
Scraggy's Attack rose!
Scraggy's Speed rose!

The sandstorm rages!
Scraggy is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Woobat is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 3
Scraggy used Crunch!
It's super effective!
Breludicolo_alt_7: ...
The foe's Woobat lost 95% of its health!
The foe's Woobat fainted!

Does unaware ignore speed boosts?
Nope, only ignores the boosts regarding damage calculation, that is, (Sp) Atk/Def, and possibly Evasion.

Nope, only ignores the boosts regarding damage calculation, that is, (Sp) Atk/Def, and possibly Evasion.
I've only ever heard of it affecting the damage stats, never Accuracy or Evasion. It's certainly plausible that it might affect those as well, though... Has anyone ever tested it to find out for sure?

But as noted, it indeed does not ignore Speed changes.

I've only ever heard of it affecting the damage stats, never Accuracy or Evasion. It's certainly plausible that it might affect those as well, though... Has anyone ever tested it to find out for sure?

But as noted, it indeed does not ignore Speed changes.
Nvm, it's Sacred Sword that ignores Evasion. Unaware is just (Sp) Atk/Def.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What are some good defensive Pokemon combos?
Do you want defensive cores? IMO the best in the game today is Skarmory+Heatran+Gastrodon+Latias

Some other great defensive cores:

Gliscor+Jirachi+Rotom-W
Ferrothorn+Gliscor+Jellicent
Skarmory+Latias+Tyranitar

The worst defensive core in 5th Gen:

Skarmory+Blissey, Blissey literally contributes nothing, and gets beaten by pretty much every special attacker anyways now because of Psyshock, Trick, Lum Berry, Taunt etc. Never use this combination to create a defensive core, the only time you should see Skarmory and Blissey on the same team is if that team wants Spikes and Wish support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)