X5Dragon Dances all D-Nite (PS: #1; PO: Smogon #1, Beta #27)

Well I'm glad your finding so much success with it so far, hopefully you'll find a better version :)

I love what you did with the frosslass, if you have time maybe you can post the battle as a warstory in Dragon Spiral, I'd love to see it fully.

And technically this is no longer my team since I've released it in this RMT, I am content however with being credited for creating it. I was quite surprised to see other players use it better than me.

I learned when I see a Latios, Landrous or someone who is likely to be scarfed to never set up on it using a sash, just kill it right away.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey man I actually played this team not long ago on the ladder. (I was under my main but idk if you remember me)

Anyway something that really struck me was how much of a threat Sand teams are to you. It was pretty simple for me to set up SR, lure Starmie in and then trap it with Tar. Granted, you got Rain Dance up before dying but it was a simple matter to sac something, bring in Tar and bang, Dragonites MultiScale was gone, and Cloyster and Volcarona had there sashs broken. when that was done, Excadrill basically went on to sweep your entire team.

Unfortunately its pretty hard to fix this without you changing the team severely. You could look into Conkeldurr which can pick off LO Adamant Excadrills slightly better than Breloom can as well as deal with stall slightly better I guess. Really tho my main gripe is against the Focus Sash's on Cloyster and Volcarona. Lum on Dragonite instead of leftovers also slightly bugs me but at least Lum has a use against a Sandstorm team. I really suggest you trying out different items on the above pokemon since sash seems a total deadweight against any team with Tyranitar

How to beat someone else's Cloyster...well, there are two situations basically, one before it SS and one after. Trouble is figuring out what kind of item it's carrying too, you don't want to waste a turn trying to T-Wave it only to find it has lum berry <_<

So keeping that in mind, you should attack it right away and not switch out for the "right" pokemon. I don't see any particular pokemon that Cloyster can outspeed in this team. If, God forbid, it has a sash, a priority should take care of it, you have 2 of them. Remember, Cloyster = no Special Defense at all.

------------------

Of course I remember you ginga, I hear good things about you when I asked who was one of the better weatherless users, but I guess that changed with you using a sand team lol.

I wasn't happy with how that match turned out and I played into your cards instead of mine, but I guess one of the things I should look into is the inclusion of HP Grass in Thundrus's moveset.

Another Idea I have at the moment is using Espoen as well. Guts Conk is also a great idea I want to try out, seeing it has Pay Back in case I face a Celebi or Jellicent.

In general I should have lead with Breloom or Cloyster instead of Thundrus, that has been my strategy for Sand teams and I took care of them well.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Haha yeah I usually run Clear Skies but I was running Gravity today for lols and because I realised I could not get reqs.

Yeah Espeon is prolly not a bad idea. Dual Screens would make your team a hell of a lot more threatening. You still have a slight problem with Tyranitar setting up Stealth Rock but SR Tar often lack a Rock attack which means stuff like Volcaona can try and grab a sweep.

And yeah leading with Breloom was your best bet. I would have saced something to sleep (and then brought in Tangrowth or Deoxys D to force you out). I guess you really just needed to keep Breloom alive and active for you to have a chance against sandstorm.

Well I guess were gonna have to go with special applications together then lol.

But not without adding my last adjustments (EV spread change to Cloyster, returning HP ice to Thundrus and reverting Starmie's nature to Modest with explanations in each poke section) and saying that the lessons I've learned here (priorities, status blockers, sashes, 50/50 ratio of special attackers to physical, weather changing move, pokemon with excellent attack stats) will be used for my next team.

If you used this team and have a thing or two to say, be my guest.

I've reverted Starmie's nature to Timid since I realized that spinning rocks is more important than dashing more damage (he ain't a sweeper anyway) and Cloysters EVs are back to the standard 252 Atk, 252 Speed since he's bulky enough to take hits even at -1 and even outspeeding Timid Starmie at +2 speed with the previous EV set is unfortunately not fast enough.

So yeah after Exca has gone bye bye I decided to use this team again while removing Thundrus for Zapdos. But also a new tier has been introduced (Clear Skies OU) so instead I've done something else, introduced two versions of this team for each tier.

So far I'm number 1 in CS and top 50 in OU which hopefully after the ladder reset and exca being fully gone I can work on doing better.

So yeah, this team lives on :)

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wouldn't Tornadus be a better fit than Zapdos? It checks many fast mons, like Thundurus, as well as Prankster Tail Wind for emergency cases. Since Rain is not a guarantee, an Acrobatics set may be cool

Tornadus @ Flight Gem
Jolly / Naive Nature
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Acrobatics
~ Tailwind
~ Bulk Up / Hidden Power [Ice]
~ U-turn / Hammer Arm / Focus Blast

You can either make it a Bulk Up + Acrobatics sweeper who utilizes U-turn to switch out of Steels / Rocks, or you can make it an all-out attacker. Hammer Arm has the advantage over Heatran, Blissey, and TTar, but Focus Blast is better for hitting Skarmory and Ferrothorn (if Tornadus is not running bulk up).

HP Ice is good for taking out Gliscor, Landorus, and Dragonite. If you go with HP Ice, I'd run 60 SAtk EVs for an average OHKO on Gliscor.

Thank you for the technicality but I'm pretty sure the typo is intentional :P

Also Pocket I appreciate the advice I always believe in an even split of special attackers to physical attackers and keep in mind the skarmbliss switch ins and that's why I've been very good in doing what I do.

Obviously Zapdos is just my first reaction to Thundrus's ban so I'm going to test the Tornadus moveset as follows:

Tailwind
Acrobatics
HP Ice
Hammer Arm

And let's see what happens from there.

This is a great team dude and I've trolled quite successfully with it on smogon DW OU Tier. I had an idea like this a while back to just throw a bunch of setup sweepers on 1 team but didn't think it would work well lol. Props to you for making an original themed team with unoriginal pokemon :D. Good Luck with this team in the future.

Thanks for the comments I appreciate it and glad you found some trolling success in that tier lol, hopefully the DW bullet seed techniloom and swarm Volca are as good as I dream them to be :P

Hopefully with Exca gone hyper offensive teams can witness a revival and people in general are gonna be more free and original with their crews as well.

Thanks for the comments I appreciate it and glad you found some trolling success in that tier lol, hopefully the DW bullet seed techniloom and swarm Volca are as good as I dream them to be :P

Hopefully with Exca gone hyper offensive teams can witness a revival and people in general are gonna be more free and original with their crews as well.
Yeah DW bullet seed mach punch breloom is probably one of the best DW beasts. I've been using it on alot of previous teams and it can get sweeps by itself alot of the time late game. I haven't tried swarm volca but actually that would make sense since its focus sash (derp) lol. Someone called me an OU whore last game but im pretty sure I can be since its OU tier (lol). Yeah now that excadrill and thundurus are banned I haven't really seen much weather whoring anymore like it used to be. Yay for not having to build teams around beating weather anymore!

Yeah I would definitely recommend trying Swarm Volca and people tend to whine about the funniest things, lol being called a OU whore, I'd wear that title with pride :P

Also, I'm questioning the EV spread for Zapdos, mainly giving it 252 speed when it has agility. I think giving some of that to SpD would make sense, since obviously I have no intention to outspeed Deo-S who basically the only pokemon who can threaten me after an agility boost...

Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah I would definitely recommend trying Swarm Volca and people tend to whine about the funniest things, lol being called a OU whore, I'd wear that title with pride :P

Also, I'm questioning the EV spread for Zapdos, mainly giving it 252 speed when it has agility. I think giving some of that to SpD would make sense, since obviously I have no intention to outspeed Deo-S who basically the only pokemon who can threaten me after an agility boost...

Any help would be appreciated.
I'm testing out a Zapdos set on the team really similar to yours, but I put timid instead of modest and roost instead of agility. My reasoning behind this is that you can switch zapdos into scizor or something zapdos can take a hit from, and just roost up. Also, I just had a game where a jirachi was able to lame me out with iron head because he was running timid on his lol. I'm going to see if I miss out on the fire power that modest gives me to zapdos and see if its worth going the roost route instead.

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You probably want a minimum of 260 Speed with Zapdos (what happened to Tornadus!?). This would let you outrun Scarf Terrakion (and by extension Deoxys-S) after an Agility. It is also faster than Dragonite and Mamoswine before the boost. A Speed of 263 will let Zapdos kill Jolly Breloom and Adamant Gyarados before they can Spore / Stone Edge.

Ok an update on my testing. I've been using this Deoxys-S set as a suicide lead to great success.

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Superpower
- Taunt

Honestly, I never use Superpower, 90% of games I'm just trying to spam entry hazards till i die lol. An interesting thing about this team is when I go up against lead DDnite, they spam dd while i set up my 4 layers of hazards. They kill me, I swap in cloyster, revenge it. Although I basically sac cloyster in this situation, I leave the rest of the team in great shape for an easier sweep unless they have a spinner ofcourse (haven't run into a team with a spinner with this alternate version of the team). I'm thinking to change the deoxys set and instead of superpower possibly put icebeam/psycho boost? Opinions on this are appreciated.

Edit: Peaked at #79 with this variation of the team then started getting wrecked by stall/much better players lol.
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6494/rank79smogonou.png

As you can see I'm back again with more points than my previous records, so I thought I'd drop by and state my latest changes before I begin my last quest to the top.

Volca has seen his EVs and HP power changed while Zapdos has been removed for Latios instead and Starmie got a new toy in Thunder.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Love this team! Very unique and fun to play. One thing I was wondering was if Breloom is needed. Before when Excadrill messed up all Offensive teams Breloom was there to check it with Mach Punch, with his recent ban I thought you might want to try out the classic CM Virizion

Virizion @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

It has the same typing as Breloom keeping the very helpful Grass and Fighting Stabs while also helping to check some dragons with HP Ice.

As you can see I'm back again with more points than my previous records, so I thought I'd drop by and state my latest changes before I begin my last quest to the top.

Volca has seen his EVs and HP power changed while Zapdos has been removed for Latios instead and Starmie got a new toy in Thunder.
Great job dragon! I just wanted to let you know that this is the first HO team that I've ever tried using before and it got me alot of success when I tested it on the ladders. Glad to see you were able to break top 10 with it which this team deserves. You might wanna try surf over thunderbolt on Latios but thats up to preference I guess. Also, I wouldn't recommend replacing breloom with virizion because that makes the team too heavily special I feel + brelooms ability to spore something usually results in you having to deal with 1 less pokemon for the entire game.

Actually Joeyboy Virizion is a very good pokemon especially when the obvious switch in to Breloom is either Celebi or D-Nite. The problem is losing spore and effecting the balance of special to physical attackers on the team. That can be compensated by switching another special pokemon for a physical variant but again Skarmory is something I tend to make most of my team being able to handle or at least, for Breloom, to put to sleep.

It's a matter of choice really, but its a good one nevertheless.

Hey Hasoonie, I broke into the 1500s finally! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it, hopefully this would prove the HO teams are viable and fun to play with. Explaining t-bolt on Latios I'm aiming to equip him with all the tools he needs to manhandle everyone he faces. But in my recent experiences I see too many Heatrans running into him and as you can figure out, t-bolt does measly damage. So yeah I think Surf is a good suggestion.

I'm taking a break from this team for a while to make a new one, because I feel I'm worn out, I've playing a variant of this team since June so change is good but do please feel free to add any new changes, this team is public property after all :)

Pocket

Wow, congrats on the comeback!!

You picked well in choosing Latios. Jirachi combined with the right team mates to counter Volcarona and gang up on Dragonite would let Jirachi wall most of the mons here. Your LO HP Fire Latios does a great job in softening up Jirachi for Cloyster / Breloom / Dragonite to clean up.

Thanks Pocket! Jirachi is an ass, to be polite about it so I removed T-Bolt and replaced it with Surf so in the rain I can still get him good.

Also my break is officially over, I cannot make another team and I plunged from top 50 to 1100 in ranks while experimenting (I got back to top 20s when I returned to this team) so it's safe to say I'm stuck with these mons.

? while experimenting just change ur name so ur rankings dont go down ^___^ thats kinda sad that u did that lol

Now you tell me :P
I know but in a sense it's kind of a new fail record lol.

Anyway, new peak, new EVs for Volca ^_^

EDIT: New section called the plan!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)