Pokemon 2012- R/S/E remake?

I don't think 3rd gen has quite the level of nostalgia as the first two do for a lot of people. I could still see them making a remake of it though.
Shift forward half a generation and you find a bunch of people whose first contact with Pokémon were the RSE games. By now, those people will be nostalgic about them.

Colosseum Remake on 3DS, yeah? :p
lol...

On that note, I'd still like an actual Stadium 3 game for us (and no, we're not counting Japan's Stadium 1 here in terms of numbering), to me anyways the Stadium games were the best console offerings so far. Collo had a bad story, XD was still a bit lame (though improved in ways), and PBR...nah...it just didn't capture the feel of Stadium if you know what I mean.

The irony of course is that the Stadium games were so simplistic too; you basically did gym leader and E4 runs and minigames, along with the Mewtwo battle (which of course back then, Mewtwo was fucking invincible, you'd need to go against a team of legendaries now for that basic effect). But still, it was the joy of the minigames and just some good old fashioned battling without annoying shit rules (coughPBRcough) that to me made them the most fun.

So I guess that's actually another thing we could possibly see upcoming this year, either for the Wii or Wii U (assuming Wii U will be compatible with the older DS); a new PBR game or something in that nature. After all, BW is incompatible with PBR and there's nothing yet, so it could be a last hurrah on the Wii (and still be compatible largely with Wii U) or a killer app for the Wii U (as for some reason, I'm doubting they'll have another first party game ready for Wii U launch).

Also why doesn't anyone want a RSE remake, I'll take easily RNG-able (hopefully) Lati twins and other good stuff any day over having to dig up Emerald or figure out which DS game has RSE Pokemon in it since they're a bit scattered. Not to mention the Battle Frontier wasn't that super bad I guess, better than lameo Battle Tower variants we've been getting in singles and doubles flavors since.

3rd gen was pretty crap, i hope they remake firered/leafgreen for the ds, those were the sickest games in the series by far!

gee, uh, i would say the rest of r/s is extremely average compared to having "easily RNGable lati twins".
Well let's be honest, this is Pokemon we're talking about, none of them have a story worth writing home about...

Besides there's plenty of other good Pokemon from an RNG standpoint: Groudon and Kyogre (even if you're VGC only, never know when they may do ubers again for a format/year), Sally line, Meta line, etc. Sure you can probably breed just about anything nowdays, but there is still a factor of ease in having them all in one place...kick in some move tutors that don't require you having to boot up your long-forgotten HGSS cart and I'd say it's a decent tradeoff.

I mean I'm not trying to say RSE was the best generation ever (for me, it's about par with D/P as most boring in terms of story/actual gameplay, sorry but even Maxie/Archie to me are more convincing villains than Cyrus since they aren't all "lol I'm an emotionless bastard who just wants a pretty void"), but I'm just saying there's still a few nice things going for it like the varying battle options at the Battle Frontier and other stuff. And most people would buy it just for the sake of having it again anyways (or if you're VGC, likely because any new format would require the latest cart).

So regardless, since we won't be getting 6th gen anytime soon, given a choice between a RSE remake or Gray, I'd go with RSE just for nostalgic purposes instead of playing BW essentially all over again and dealing with 2 lame forms of subway battles.

anyone who thinks rse 'wasnt that great' is either an idiot or doesnt remember mr briney and peeko

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
my problem with gen 3 was just that it was so damn ugly

the sprites, the colours, the typeset... i'm personally stoked for remakes, which i'm 90% sure are happening. that list of hints is a good indicator; they did the exact same thing with hgss. i'm convinced hoenn will look great in the gen 5 style, and the region had the potential to be so gorgeous. the desert, all that awesome eerie diving stuff, those sweet tropical long grass areas where you first meet tropius and you're like, 'fuck'

the originals were really underwhelming, but remakes could fix all that

also, crasher wake and may

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think Generation III gave us the prettiest region so far.

Remember, Hoenn was extremely diverse, being a tropical place. You had the sunny beaches on the Dewford coast, interesting caves to explore (and they weren't f-ing gigantic, mandatory and EVERYWHERE like in Sinnoh), the coastal cities like Lilycove and Slateport, the jungle around Fortree, the tide of Shoal cave, a volcano (or two), a mountain pass, a desert, and a bunch of other places to go. Contrast Sinnoh which looked pretty much the same everywhere, with a bunch of mountains and caves and cliffs split up by generic grass routes, and a random desert slapped in on the same latitude as the snowy areas.
Never mind the neat discussions on the environment or the nifty riddles that in the end rewarded you with the legendary golems.

The secret bases also gave the region a nice potential. The routes could be riddled with secret areas (hello, Weather Institute!), and for once you could settle down and make a home in your favourite spot in the Pokémon world. And you could even visit the "homes" of your friends as well, instead of running around in some boring tunnels.

Hoenn's contests beat the carp out of their lame successors in later installments. The system was so incredibly simple, requiring only a little strategy and some luck instead of timing and dressing up and multiple judges such things. It was awesomely fun in all its basicness, and gave you a reason to use the less powerful Pokémon.

The region was rendered with a colourful pallette that was a striking upgrade from the basic spriting in the second generation games. Vivid colours shone from every pixel, making the Hoenn region a lush and happy paradise, a place you really wanted to go to. And didn't the vast Battle Frontier remind you heavily of an olympic village, rather than the "crappy amusement park" facility from Pt/HG/SS?

The artistic aspect of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald was fantastic, I think. However, the wild Pokémon, or other trainers' Pokémon, or the gyms and such were less than spectacular. Highest levelled opponent in the Elite Four at lvl. 58? Woooow... I'm impreeeessed.... never mind that in Ruby and Sapphire, this was as high as opposing trainers would ever go. The most powerful trainers outside the E4, that you could regularly rebattle, had Pokémon around lvl 38.

Also, there was something to do in nearly every city on the map. You had to strafe around to beat the different contests (boo at this being removed in Emerald), buy stuff, revive fossils, get free items, rebattle trainers, etc.

In short, I think the world of Gen. III was great, but its inhabitants not so much. Give the game more powerful trainers, a couple of new and interesting areas, and a bunch of the newest Pokémon (optional, I can do very well without them), and I'll be happy.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think I'm with Swaggersaurus on this one. The visuals need a massive overhaul. I put my Emerald in to see how it looked, and it was just really offensive on the eyes. The character sprites were pretty awful, that wasn't fun to follow around the screen, and some on the landscaping was pretty dire. If they could make it look as lovely as HGSS (Which I love, as they're the games I adored growing up, with graphics I can look at all day), or even the interesting BW style, I'd be majorly impressed.

I would gladly pay the money to replay it though, althought the game was.. untidy at times, I remember reading an article defending it, as the mechanics got such an overhaul in this gen, with the introduction of abilities and such. People seem to overlook this, and just think "woah, so many errors", which is a shame, as without it, we'd have nothing like the game we have today. Now this is all tidied up, I'm sure the DS/3DS capabilities could really add something to it, and more people would go "Oh my word that was awful.

anyone who thinks rse 'wasnt that great' is either an idiot or doesnt remember mr briney and peeko
This.

RSE was my favorite generation. That's when I came into the game, so I have the nostalgia factor and looking back I just love the game. I have replayed all of them at least 3 times.

Another hint at RSE remakes......
In Mistralon city, (place in BW with the airport) they mention that cargo is taken to the hoenn region.

And I'm not sure but I think they say professer juniper's dad is from hoenn.

Also, some things about battle revolution.

There was no freaking storyline. Just a lot of shitty battles that I could win with my eyes closed. Now, a lot of people like this, I am sure, but my favorite part of the games is playing through the game to beat the E4 and catch the legendaries, that crap. I felt as if battle revolution was just game freak taking a shit, throwing pokemon in, and lighting it on fire. The game was so completely boring and linear. I was really disappointed, as colosseum (meh) and xd (fucking awesome) offered a very unique and engaging storyline.

Also neon colosseum was the largest most annoying troll game freak has ever put into a game.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Trolling, or........?
rudum

The only reason I wouldn't think they'd make a remake is because now for once you can get every pokemon from every game. when rse came out you couldn't get rbygs pokes, so they remade rb[g] and then next gen when they had time gs. Remaking rs would make as much sense in completion terms as remaking frlg.
but yeah
printing money. I'm sure they will

also did anyone else think sootopolis was really pretty??

i recently booted up my old cart just to fly there, it is so lovely

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
also did anyone else think sootopolis was really pretty??
It reminds me of like, a Greek island.
=

Sapphire was my first Pokemon game, so it holds a lot of nostalgia for me. And I'm sure that nintendo thinks that most people who started in RBY/GSC stopped playing, so there will be a massive market for RSE remakes with the people who first played them.
I also love the areas that are just there for no real reason, such as Pacifilog and Mirage Island.
Also, out of all the regions, Hoenn is the one that feels the most tropical to me. I love it. RSE are my favorite Pokemon games.

But that being said, I think there should be another pokemon tcg game, like the original one for gameboy. The card game is actually pretty fun, and one with a ton of new cards and better graphics would be amazing.

But that being said, I think there should be another pokemon tcg game, like the original one for gameboy. The card game is actually pretty fun, and one with a ton of new cards and better graphics would be amazing.
What would be really amazing is if they made a game like that, but it also could do online wifi and connect to your tcgo account like how the dream world works.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
What would be really amazing is if they made a game like that, but it also could do online wifi and connect to your tcgo account like how the dream world works.
Yeah, like special event only cards could be distributed that way. Also, like the random wifi matches, random wifi duel or whatever you wanna call them.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i would get back in the tcg.

problem, though: card sales would plummet. that would be such a loss of money for nintendo. So it'll never happen

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

problem, though: card sales would plummet. that would be such a loss of money for nintendo.
What? There was already a tcg video game for the gbc that sold 1.5 million copies in the first year. With all the yugioh games that are released do sales plummet for the cards? Nope, so long as new and cooler cards/gimmicks are released people will keep playing.

Now if Nintendo could make a stable tcg game, every time I check that stuff out sets become unavailable in tournaments and things like dark/steel and fossils have rules changes so I have no idea what happens.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

problem, though: card sales would plummet. that would be such a loss of money for nintendo. So it'll never happen
Many other tcgs have video games, I believe both yugioh and mtg have them.

On topic, so looking forward to remakes. Seconding many of the younger people, RSE was my first gen and holds some serious nostalgia. Currently playing Emerald just because its awesome.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
As other people said, there has already been one (2 if you count the japanese only one), and they're still selling cards like hotcakes. They also have the new ptcg online thing, and sales havent dropped.
And as other people have said also, yuigoh/mtg have had several games, and their sales are still going strong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)