Pokemon 2012- R/S/E remake?

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Another possible hint for a RSE remakes is that one of the Plasma grunts says "Team Galactic and Team Rocket drew too much attention to themselves. That's why their plans were thwarted." Team Magma/Aqua may have been omitted because they were to be included in another 5th gen game, where their plans would be twarted, but the other two teams weren't. However, this hint is less reliable assumption than the other hints.

However, I still rather see Grey than a RSE remake. And if they do create a RSE remake, I'd like to see extra map regions included, as they did with the islands in FRLG.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
What? There was already a tcg video game for the gbc that sold 1.5 million copies in the first year. With all the yugioh games that are released do sales plummet for the cards? Nope, so long as new and cooler cards/gimmicks are released people will keep playing.

Now if Nintendo could make a stable tcg game, every time I check that stuff out sets become unavailable in tournaments and things like dark/steel and fossils have rules changes so I have no idea what happens.
You don't get what I'm saying. If, as Tolan suggested, the TCG game could be used as the actual TCG, it would cause legit TCG sales to fall as the game would be much cheaper to players. If they release a TCG game, it will be greatly nerfed: probably only half of the legal cards would be included and/or you had to use premade decks and/or you could only play with the AI. Basically, as with the YGO and MTG ones, it's more of a promo saying "buy our cards" than a legit "game"

also the tcg game is incredibly stable; cards three years old or newer are legal, dark and steel have not changed since '07 and fossils changed once in like 2003

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fossils did actually change in regards to prize claiming iirc.

The biggest downfall i can see with RSE remakes is that the Sea routes will become that much bigger, based off grass expansions in HGSS the sea routes will be (even more) monstrous.

All the same, gimme mah 3rd Gen remakes.

You don't get what I'm saying. If, as Tolan suggested, the TCG game could be used as the actual TCG, it would cause legit TCG sales to fall as the game would be much cheaper to players. If they release a TCG game, it will be greatly nerfed: probably only half of the legal cards would be included and/or you had to use premade decks and/or you could only play with the AI. Basically, as with the YGO and MTG ones, it's more of a promo saying "buy our cards" than a legit "game"

also the tcg game is incredibly stable; cards three years old or newer are legal, dark and steel have not changed since '07 and fossils never have.
no, you're wrong

roughly two yugioh games are released every year, with everything available in them up to the most recent set (barring tcg exclusives from the recent year), and you can play online with them

it helps bolster sales because it is effectively a gigantic advertisement for the card game, paid for by the players. playing on a cartridge is a poor facsimile of playing an actual tcg, and a pick-up-and-play cartridge version of the tcg would help to introduce new players to the game

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Only half the cards available? Almost, if not every, card is available Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2008. (There's several thousand), so I bet that if Pokemon made another tcg video game, they're only do the playable cards, so HGSS-on, which is still at least a thousand I'd reckon.

And I don't mean that people wouldn use it in place of the actual cards. That didnt happen with the original game. As Glen stated, video games wouldn't compare to real card games. Plus, there's the PTCGO thing, and that's not cutting sales at all, and isnt taking the place of real cards.

As for only using premade decks, in the original game you started with premade deck, but after beating someone you got booster packs and could change your deck around. I see no reason why they wouldnt do that again.

Try playing the Yu-Gi-Oh games, or the original tcg video game. You'll realize what I mean.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've thought about this a lot over the last year and this is my opinion on how I expect it to work out.

'Grey' will be released in 2012 in Japan, possibly in the US / Europe too, but I'm expecting an early 2013 release for us (before April 2013 Regional VGC Tournaments for example, with the November 2012 Regional tournaments still using Black & White). This will be pretty much the end of the Nintendo DS, leaving Nintendo to only focus on their latest handheld console.

We'll see Generation VI on the 3DS, before we see Ruby/Sapphire remakes. My reasons for this are that I believe Nintendo and Game Freak have gone back to the roots of Pokémon following Black & White. The generations were much shorter in the early days (2-3 years), and I think Generation V will follow suit. I think the absence of previous generation Pokémon from Black & White could point towards them skipping the remakes this time. Also, while this is a bit Farfetch'd.. There were 8 years between Red/Green and the remakes. 10 years between Gold/Silver and the remakes.. So perhaps 12 years between Ruby/Sapphire and the remakes? It's been 10 years currently. I don't personally think this, but it was something to point out. Although I'd expect to see Gen VI in Japan in late 2013, with R/S remakes in 2015. Perhaps a third version in 2016 before Gen VII.

tl;dr R/S remakes will happen but saved for Gen VI on 3DS IMO.

As long as the original emerald battle frontier is in Im happy. Though I more interested in a console game in the roots of colliseum(w/o shadow pokemon), for the Wii-U.. Visuals should be great.

Though if nintendo follows there pattern it should be Newgengame(B/W),Updatedversion(Gray), and finally Remakes(R/S/E),Next gen(best be fully 3d). The usual span of a generation is 4-5 years.

Remakes are meant to be made 10 years after the original game came out. If this is the case for 3rd gen, the games will come out in 2013.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Remakes are meant to be made 10 years after the original game came out. If this is the case for 3rd gen, the games will come out in 2013.
I just realized that! That's amazing point.

Just pointing out, this is why someone on Smogon needs to work/know someone that works at Gamefreak/Nintendo/Pokemon.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
We'll see Generation VI on the 3DS, before we see Ruby/Sapphire remakes. My reasons for this are that I believe Nintendo and Game Freak have gone back to the roots of Pokémon following Black & White. The generations were much shorter in the early days (2-3 years), and I think Generation V will follow suit. I think the absence of previous generation Pokémon from Black & White could point towards them skipping the remakes this time. Also, while this is a bit Farfetch'd.. There were 8 years between Red/Green and the remakes. 10 years between Gold/Silver and the remakes.. So perhaps 12 years between Ruby/Sapphire and the remakes? It's been 10 years currently. I don't personally think this, but it was something to point out. Although I'd expect to see Gen VI in Japan in late 2013, with R/S remakes in 2015. Perhaps a third version in 2016 before Gen VII.

tl;dr R/S remakes will happen but saved for Gen VI on 3DS IMO.
I disagree with this logic; i think a lot of it misinterprets Nintendo's release timing patterns.

For one: the generation gaps will not begin to decrease. Nintendo has had many reasons for the expansion of the time between releases of new generations; none are intentional and none are reversible. There are longer and longer gaps between generations because of the growing complexity of the franchise: Pokemon design has become more in-depth; ideas are running out; GameFreak is a larger company, even; more side games are being released, etc. There is no reason I see for GameFreak to start releasing games quicker. Also, they released FRLG in Gen III, HGSS in gen IV, and so... RSE remakes in gen V is the only logical next step. The increase in years between was only because of the increase in years between gens.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Except Green and Red came out 8 years before FRLG, that was even just 2 posts above you.

Read better please :3

Fossils did actually change in regards to prize claiming iirc.

The biggest downfall i can see with RSE remakes is that the Sea routes will become that much bigger, based off grass expansions in HGSS the sea routes will be (even more) monstrous.

All the same, gimme mah 3rd Gen remakes.
Also that much more room for detail.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
can someone fill me in on how team aqua/magma and releasing kyogre/groudon worked in emerald? its the only third of the generation game i haven't played, and i assume a remake would follow its plot in particular if it is more robust...?

edit: what am i talking about

it will be two remakes of the original pair

im a dumb!!

v_v

You caught Rayquaza instead of Kyogre / Groudon before the Elite four, then after the game they would be roaming in different locations which would both generate a cave for you to enter and meet Kyogre / Groudon, as well as make their respective weather.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
can someone fill me in on how team aqua/magma and releasing kyogre/groudon worked in emerald? its the only third of the generation game i haven't played, and i assume a remake would follow its plot in particular if it is more robust...?
Team Magma is in Mt.Pyre to release Groundon while Aqua stays in the underwater area, in Emerald you also get to find G/K in their weird caves that appear in different routes.

It would be cool if they changed the story slightly for the Ruby update because last I remember Mt.Pyre hideout was rather lame, and having Groundon under the ocean made little sense.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I bet they won't even use the Ruby story; look at HGSS!

chances are they'll be nuanced versions of the same Emerald.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
What they gotta do is a superhugemega game. With Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova, all in one game.

What they gotta do is a superhugemega game. With Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova, all in one game.
Would the levels cap at 100 or 500?

-------------

Swaggersaurus and Cobraroll really summed up (or lengthened, rather) my thoughts. I was really moved by their spiels.

I really look forward to the variety of landscapes and environments that 3rd gen offered in updated graphics.

Also, I like all the starters of Hoenn equally. It'll be tough deciding again.

Hints toward a remake:
-The HM for Dive, and the entire diving mechanic have returned. (An NPC even mentions that Dive originated in Hoenn)
-An NPC in the Isshu Desert mentions the Go-Goggles.
-One of the exhibits in the Shippou Museum is a fossilized Armaldo.
-The Soul Dew appear to be unobtainable in the games so far.
-Steven Stone is mentioned.
-The Isshu Elite Four theme contains a section that is remixed from the Hoenn Elite Four theme.
-The Glass Flutes return.
-Lava Cookies are present in the game, and mentioned to be a specialty of Lavaridge Town.
You just changed what I thought. I think theyre coming out with R/S/E remakes soon.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
come on stadium 3, need some updated quiz to be a champion questions and some more minigames

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)