List of Released Dream World Pokemon Mark II

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I entered DW with a Lilligant. I crossed the rainbow bridge 20 times (so far). I was taken to the following areas:

1. forest
2. mountain
3. forest
4. forest
5. forest
6. forest
7. forest
8. sea
9. mountain
10. forest
11. sea
12. forest
13. sea
14. forest
15. forest
16. forest
17. forest
18. forest
19. manor
20. sea

From this sample, I got 65% forest. I plan to keep recording my areas but it seems clear that type DOES have an effect.

Also, pokemon stopped appearing after my 7th visit so that limit still exists unfortunately. I also didn't see anything new.

EDIT:

21. forest
22. forest
23. sky
24. mountain
25. forest
26. sky
27. forest
28. sky
29. mountain
30. forest
31. mountain
32. forest
33. sea
34. manor
35. forest
36. manor
37. forest
38. forest
39. forest
40. forest
41. manor
42. mountain
43. forest
44. forest
45. forest
46. sky
47. forest
48. manor
49. mountain
50. forest
51. forest
52. forest
53. forest
54. forest

I ran out of time.

33/54 = about 60%

Not sure if that number is actually the correct probability so more data may be needed. But I think I can conclude that tucking a (pure) grass type in will increase the chance of you going to Pleasant Forest.

Other people should tuck in other types to see what happens.

I've entered with two pokemon: Rampardos, which I have entered only on manor, Montain and sea only, and with a Snorunt, which I have found only Manor, forest and Sea.

I sent my usual Scraggy over and got 4 Spooky Manor, 2 Mountain, and 1 Forest.
I found no new Pokemon, moves or items. I did find a Female Bagon with Outrage, which was pretty cool.

Oh yes, and I also found that "Your berries have been sent to the Dream Tree" or something, leaving me with 1 of each kind. >:(
My planted berries were still there though!
I also somehow lost all but 4 of my Dream Pals.

Ah well, can't wait for news things! The PGL looks really good now too.

From serebii

The Sneasel you saw in your dream appeared...
I'm going to go on with all 4 of my games right now. Wish me luck!
It would also seems that Kyurem, and the 3 Clouds cannot be tucked in now...

EDIT: It would seem that the new area does not exist... at least for english games.
EDIT2: It would seem it is telling me on my JP game that I switched games... so I have to wait a day on that.
Other than that, nothing is new.

I tucked in Abomasnow and Rotom-F, not a single run of this so called Ice-Area. (Well it did say 6/23, so whoever have that screen cap is a liar).

PGL, Fuck you for getting my hopes up.

atsync

Today I tucked in Rapidash (pure fire type) and got the following results:

Mountain: 55
Forest: 13
Manor: 9
Sky: 8
Sea: 4

55/89 = about 60%

So tucking a fire type increases your chance of going to the mountain (well, unless I got ridiculously lucky).

I'm guessing there's nothing new yet (Guess we'll have to wait until 6/23 for anything new. Or maybe 6/22 depending on when Japan updates it).

I had a dustox lingering around in Dream World so I went with 20 run testing:

Sky x 4
Forest x 10
Mountain x 1
Manor x 4
Sea x 1

About time there was a way to tilt the scales in your favor. I admit choosing would be cooler, but as long as there's something to prevent (or drastically reduce the chances of) not going to your wanted area a day, then it's good enough for now!

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
well it's official http://en.pokemon-gl.com/support/help/world/821/ so I'll be making a list of which types influence what area you go two. Please post your dream world stats (aka number of times you visited an area and the pokemon you had tucked in) so we can get an accurate list.

So far it seems (looking at atsync's and MB Espeon's data):

Grass - pleasant forest
Bug - Pleasant Forest
Fire - Rigged Mountain
Water - Sparkling Sea

atsync

Well at least I know it wasn't just luck :)

The site says that not only does type make it more likely to go to one place, it also makes another less likely. So for Fire types, Rugged Mountain is more likely, but Sparkling Sea is less likely (well probably, I don't have enough data to actually say that for sure). I don't know if we care much about which area's are less likely though (I don't).

So far it seems (looking at atsync's and MB Espeon's data):

Grass - pleasant forest
Bug - Pleasant Forest
Fire - Rigged Mountain
Water - Sparkling Sea
Just a nitpick, and I mean no disrespect to MB Espeon, but MB Espeon used Dustox in his run, who is Bug/Poison. How do we know which of those types makes Pleasant Forest more likely? What if the Poison type takes you to the forest and Bug takes you somewhere else, and the game decided to use the Poison type as the 'bias' type?

I think that Bug WILL take you to the forest (it makes sense; bugs like trees), but I think testing with a pure bug type would be better before we can say that for sure.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
leaving it bug for now since it is the logical choice, but yes more testing should be done to make sure 100%, which is what I said in my previous post

Yeah, I'll make sure to use single-type stuff the next few days (At least until the new place opens up), Dustox was in there since before the Global Link downtime so I didn't have the chance to change things up. I'll see about giving pure poison a try tomorrow, just to clear that up. That is, if no one else does by the time I check this topic when I go to test.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Yeah let's focus on mono types for now, we can do dual after. Also, it's fine if two or three people do the same mon just more data to help prove that the type corresponds to that area.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Global_Link_reopens

Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Reported on Bulbanews by SnorlaxMonster
Originally reported on Pokémon Global Link

This article brought to you by Bulbanews, your community Pokémon newspaper.
Link to this article
Pokémon Global Link reopens
<a href="http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Global_Link_reopens"> Pokémon Global Link reopens</a>

The updated Pokémon Global Link while logged out

The updated Pokémon Global Link while logged in
The Pokémon Global Link reopened today, full of major updates.
The background now shows random GTS trades and Random Matchup battles happening all over the world.
A new "Reports" has been opened. It is only visible to logged in players. It contains four tabs: Global Trade Station (GTS), Global Battle Union (GBU), Wi-Fi Competitions, and Game Sync World Records. The GTS tab shows information about the GTS, including the most traded, requested, and deposited Pokémon; players can also look up Pokémon currently on the GTS and the most traded Pokémon for each species. The GBU tab functions fairly similarly to the old GBU, but has huge layout changes; for example, the leader board is now on the front page of the GBU and can be browsed by season. The Wi-Fi Competetions tab provides information about past, current, and upcoming Wi-Fi competetions, including rules and leaderboards. The Game Sync World Records tab allows players to see various records for each region.
The Dream World also underwent many changes in the update:
New Décor is available: the Phonograph, Soap and Shampoo, Flower Bath Mat, House Plant, Poké Ball Rug, Basket, Bathtub, Shower Stand, Tree House, and Tropical Hut.
None of these items can currently be obtained as they require Berries that are not yet available in the Dream World: the Leppa, Watermel, Belue, and Durin Berries.
The catalogue subcategories have been reorganized.
All Pokémon Dolls have been moved to the Pokémon Doll Catalogue; this is sorted by National Pokédex number.
Kyurem and the kami trio cannot be tucked in.
The 「ひんやり穴」 Cool Hole is known as the Icy Cave in English. Its related minigame is called "Frozen Treat Sweep". It is not currently accessible.
A new area which hasn't been publicly revealed yet, "Dream Park", exists in the game data. It features statues of the Unova starter Pokémon. Its related minigame is "Lake Skip", in which the player bounces Pokemon around a lake.

My opinion: This Dream park should be the last Dream area, because we don't have much old gen pokemon to release, the unova pokemon should be released on BW2 Dream world version or on Dream radar.

based on this information, I've separated the pokemon that should have on last areas (just speculation):

Icy cave:
Poliwhirl (since they are releasing the pokemon from Pokemon Bistro on each new area)
Sandshrew
Cleffa
Diglett
Geodude
Onix
Cubone
Dunsparce
Sneasel
Swinub
Whismur
Nosepass
Aron
Lunatone
Solrock
Baltoy
Snorunt
Spheal
Cranidos
Shieldon
Gible
Snover

Dream Park:
Eevee (same as above)
Beedrill
Ekans
Pichu
Paras
Venonat
Happiny
Pinsir
Ditto
Munchlax
Togepi
Aipom
Pineco
Shuckle
Heracross
Wurmple
Seedot
Shroomish
Slakoth
Nincada
Plusle
Minun
Budew
Gulpin
Kecleon
Kricketot
Combee
Cherubi
Riolu
Carnivine

Pokemon that I don't think that fits on any area:
Grimer
Voltorb
Porygon
Zangoose
Seviper

Maybe they will be at Dream Radar only.

You never know what they'd stuff where.

With that said I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are Dream Radar only. Also, I'm doubting Poliwhirl appearing anywhere outside of maybe the forest. We've had Poliwag after all (I'm surprised they even put Poliwhirl in the cafe area considering that)

Dream Park makes me think amusement parks, sounds like a good place for more artificial stuff to be. Assumably. Of course it could be something more recreational but still. Of

Also, who knows if they'll stuff some of the stuff in the existing areas?

Anyhow I'm not much for speculation.

Also Kyurem/Kami trio can't be tucked in, wha? I guess they're revamping their upload data or something. Speaking of, do both genders of unfezant appear the same in Dream World? I'm curious.

I meant currently, as that's not a recent picture (I'm actually familiar with the person who uploaded it, in fact he was the reason I even learned of it)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shedinja was my tuck-in pokemon, a ghost/bug type, as almost every trip took me to the spooky mansion and only once to the forest, shall try duskull, a pure ghost, next. I want that female ralts with helping hand for extralink RNG purposes.

I was in middle of Slugma hunting, when I was greeted by a maintenance notice...
Isn't it almost the 22nd in Japan right now...?

EDIT: Or not... I can log in the Japan's DW just fine.

Ground/Steel works like wonders, this is really convenient for something like hunting for specific crap like Slugma.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Today I tucked in Cresselia
The results are the following:
Visited Pleasant Forest 28% of the time
Visited Windswept Sky 14% of the time
Visited Sparkling Sea 8% of the time
Visited Spooky Manor 40% of the time
Visited Rugged Mountain 10% of the time

The percentages are taking from visiting the Island of Dreams 100 times

Maintenance is gonna be 9 AM to 9 PM eastern time, so I figure it'd be the 23rd over in Japan by then. Or around that time.

Anyhow, Swalot search results!
Forest x 15
Mountain x 2
Sky x 1
Sea x 1
Manor x 2

????

Well, this is interesting. Then again it's hard to figure out where one would normally stuff poison in this instance. I guess plain bug will have to be tested at some point (Well, it would have anyhow), but yeah.

Doubt I'll be doing it tomorrow, though. What with Icy Cave and all.

atsync

I tested Druddigon (pure dragon) today and the results were... somewhat surprising to say the least (I was expecting Mountain to be most common):

Mountain: 25 (17%)
Sea: 39 (26%)
Sky: 19 (12%)
Forest: 30 (20%)
Manor: 34 (23%)

3 possibilities:

• Dragon has no effect whatsoever (this is what I think is the case at the moment)
  • Dragon has an effect but I was just extremely unlucky
  • Dragon favours an area that is unreleased (which I didn't go to for obvious reasons)
So for now I think we should list Dragon as having no effect and then we can retest it after Cool Hole is released or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)