Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
So 3rd gen RNG is slightly easier on a DS?
Huh never thought of it that way... but I guess so. The extremely small fraction of a second isn't worth the feel of the GBA SP A button to me though. Particularly because the A button on my lite is messed up.

Assuming that you started that save file on a dead battery and didn't spend an extraordinary amount of time starting a new game your SID is most likely 23067.
Thanks. I think I managed to figure that out, but I started a new game anyway so that when I get a shiny it has moderately good IV's. Now I have a shiny treecko :P

The pictures seem to be missing so I can't say for sure, but if you're getting different results for the same seed and frame then most likely you have one of them set to the wrong method (should be Method J).
i have updated my original post with fresh links. hopefully those work.

here they are for reference.

31/31/31/X/31/31 search:

what i hit:

both searches were made with 4th gen time finder -> method j -> stationary pokemon.

i had a fainted impish ralts synchronizer in first position.

i'm not sure if any other information would be relevant.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It looks like you have a Naughty sync in the first one and an Impish in the second. It's generated differently depending on the nature.

It looks like you have a Naughty sync in the first one and an Impish in the second. It's generated differently depending on the nature.
cheers! i thought that synchronize would just override the naughty nature. i understand now. just caught my 31/31/31/X/31/31 giratina :D thanks for the help.

Hi; I'm having some trouble RNGing and would like some individual help.

Durring my Calibration step:
My Seconds were either 13/14 50% of the time so it is really hard to tell which seconds number i should use.
My Delay is much nicer, the mode being 493, ranging from 491-499.

Using this information I decided that i would like to RNG some pokemon eggs. I am trying to hatch a baby larvatar with stats 30/31/31/29/x/31 with adamant nature.
Parent A has 31 in def only; Parent B has 31 in both speed and attack only. I gave the female parent an everstone to get an egg with Adamant nature. After recieving an adamant nature egg I decided to turn off the game because i have saved previously and am currently ready to get it.

The Seed that I am trying to hit is:
150101F9 / 2012 06 01 / 01:02:13 / 493 / 1
Seed Date Time Delay Frame

To do so; I set the timer to the specified Date and time (time 1 minute beforehand so I can start on the exact time) and just spam my DS as fast as I can to get the egg as quickly as possible. Unfortunately this hasnt been working for me :(

I've read some guides and they all say that you should pick a higher frame and use elm calls to verify your seed. Unfortunately for me, i do not have the pokerus virus in my game and I am unable to verify my seed that way. Is there any other way to verify a seed?

Do you guys/girls have any advice for me that could possibly make hitting my target time more accurate?

As of right now i am simply setting the date and spamming the DS and hoping I hit my target time; and my only way to verify is after i hatch the eggs because I can't do the elm calls. As of such; each attempt takes about 10-15 minutes and is getting frustrating.

Help me please.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Use EonTimer, it'll fix your inconsistent seconds and also let you use higher delays.

You can call Juggler Irwin (just south of the National Park) instead of Elm, his responses correspond directly:

P: "How are you?"
E: "Hearing about your escapades..."
K: "I'm so glad you called!"

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hello darling! I don't have much time but I'll give you some pointers.
-The guides you're reading are really outdated, you don't longer have to calibrate your seconds/ delays. Use eontimer; it will help you hit any delay rather easily.
-You can use pokecheck to get better parents.
-Other than elm, you can call juggler Irwin to verify your seed, there's also the roamers method.

EDIT: ninja'd

got a question do i have to use cute charm on a seed if i have to eventhough its genderless cuaz i was told it will mess up my seed if i don't....4th gen rnging stationary moltres...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
got a question do i have to use cute charm on a seed if i have to eventhough its genderless cuaz i was told it will mess up my seed if i don't....4th gen rnging stationary moltres...
Cute Charm only works on Pokémon with a variable gender (and only if their gender ratio matches what it says). I'm not sure how exactly it would affect Moltres, but it certainly won't give you the result you want. You'll need to use a different seed.

Is there presently any way to find your SID by Department Store lottery numbers? It seems the original site for that was taken down.

Also, is it possible to RNG an ID/SID combo for more than 1 desired shiny spread?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Is there presently any way to find your SID by Department Store lottery numbers? It seems the original site for that was taken down.

Also, is it possible to RNG an ID/SID combo for more than 1 desired shiny spread?
Couldn't tell you about the first part. It would probably be easy to find out and write a tool if the research was there.

The second part is a definite sort of. Each one is for multiple spreads, but there are sets. So, you'll always get flawless modest with the same other shiny spreads regardless of what the actual ID/SID combination is. Hope that makes sense.

Edit:

Cute Charm only works on Pokémon with a variable gender (and only if their gender ratio matches what it says). I'm not sure how exactly it would affect Moltres, but it certainly won't give you the result you want. You'll need to use a different seed.
It doesn't have any effect on stationary pokemon at all, to the best of my knowledge.

I stand corrected.

Couldn't tell you about the first part. It would probably be easy to find out and write a tool if the research was there.
I found this post in the research thread. It has a link to what is apparently the source code used in the now-defunct tool. Unfortunately, the links are all in Japanese, so I can't decipher any of it. Looks like its a C program, though, so it should be easy to compile (I've written tons of C programs in my days as a Computer Science student).

I would like to report that Pandora's Box in the RNG Reporter from Evestone's guide is bugged.
I searched for ID/SID Combos for this SEED that has a flawless 700217A2
I chose my ID/SID Combo as 34360/22182
But now, when I search for SEEDs in PokeRNG, it gives 0 results for my ID/SID Combo.
Help me please!

Okay so I am starting to think that even though I my ID.SID Combo has the spread shiny, it won't be shown in PokeRNG.
Please clarify my doubts everybody.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh I see what's going on here. Use the PID of the spread in Pandora's Box. Not the seed. So search with 7942EF72.

The TID/SID combo you found would be shiny if the Pokémon had a PID of D2140289. But that's the seed so... yeah. You will end up with a different TID/SID combo than the one you found before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)