2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
EVERTON YES
If only City had lost/drew then this would've been a perfect start of the season for me.Oh well.And phalanx is right,United totally need defenders;Vidic,Ferdinand and Evans are shit.
Anywhoo,City are reportedly closing in on Sinclair.He said he was happy to have left Chelsea because he wasn't getting enough game time so if he has any sense in him he'll stay at Swansea.Oh and they're also chasing Jovetic.......I'd hate to be Mancini with all those selection headaches.

I want Kenny back...
I feel like Liverpool are having a bit of a struggle with concept. Through the preseason and against Gomel, you could tell when they were playing a more direct system, or doing short passes along the ground, as Brendan Rodgers wants them to do. This was especially evident in the two legs against Gomel. True, a lot of the top players didn't play all of it, but the team were unable to push forward against a clearly inferior Gomel side in the first leg. In the second leg, the team was playing a more direct game and what was the result? An easy win for Liverpool. For the match against West Brom, they were getting caught out in possession making more passes than necessary with many players forward, allowing the CBs to be exposed. I will admit that there were plenty of chances not taken, but that's what they had last year, and were defensively sound. Their biggest problem, finishing, hasn't been fixed, and they are giving up defensive integrity with their new system.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so adebayor to spurs, glad they finally got another striker as Jermain Defoe is good but not good enough to be the sole striker on a team like Spurs!! Plus they're my favourite prem team so yeah!!

also I was surprised to find that Spurs have accepted an offer from QPR for Dawson, he's a little too good for them imo. Spurs will have lost a fair few centre backs this summer, Bassong, King, Dawson and Khumalo (not that he's good) meaning we'll be left with just like Kaboul/Vertoghen/Gallas/Caulker.

Finally, Barnet 1-0 Bristol Rovers half-time :D this could be a crucial win for us if we don't bottle it
edit: actually khumalo is just on loan apparently

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Despite everything I think United is gonna show promise this season. The match was good, Everton was brilliant, I'm not going to take that away from them, but our defense is really not good, I have no idea why SAF didn't spend money buying defenders, for our team, but spent it on RVP. Also, Kagawa is bloody brilliant.

I went to see FC United last night - actually really quite enjoyed it, gonna go again for sure - kind of warming to them as a club. A little bit.

Also, my neighbour is an awful cunt and he's a City fan, so..

HBK

Wow what a game......Reading played really well.What a beauty from Cahill! I actually thought we wouldn't get anything more than a draw when we began the second half a goal behind but that was an amazing comeback.The last goal was pretty hysterical and makes the scoreline appear rather misleading.Hazard was the man once again.I'm kinda disappointed with Oscar though,maybe he needs some time to adapt to the PL.Torres was pretty good in the first half but faded out in the second.He was lucky to have got that goal coz he was slightly offside but I'm not complaining :D

2:30 am and I've got college at 8.......Wish me luck lol

EDIT:@Dubby Hazard's in your fantasy team eh? Plus Cole's finishing isn't the best and it was an easy shot for the keeper to save from the angle of his left foot and he didn't want to risk hitting it with his weaker foot.You're next Lee!

If I were Hazard, I would have just scored that myself, same if I were Ashley Cole for the 3rd goal tbh.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Great Chelsea-Reading game
Loving Oscar so far and nice to see Torres score, although he was offside :/

Shit, Agureo, Albrigton and Agger are all out, I'll possibly need to play my wildcard early on sadly.

Also, what are the chances of Enrique and Colocinni playing?

HBK

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2.../3326337/wigan-accept-chelsea-offer-for-moses

And Wigan have finally accepted a bid for Moses believed to be in the region of ten million.I never understood why RDM wanted him so badly.He's a good player no doubt,and at his age a decent bargain at 10 mil.He's fast,can dribble and cross well but,more importantly,he's a CAM/RAM/LAM and we already have Mata,Hazard,Marin,Oscar and Ramires.I've never seen him play as a striker but this article says he can play up front.That would explain it.Then again Torres' seems to be getting back to his best and the fact that his place in the starting XI is now assured has a huge role to play in that.I don't think I would like to mess with that.And even then,if Moses is meant to be a backup striker then that means poor Sturridge will have to ply his trade on the wings where he is vastly outclassed by the likes of Hazard,Ramires and Mata.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2.../3326337/wigan-accept-chelsea-offer-for-moses

And Wigan have finally accepted a bid for Moses believed to be in the region of ten million.I never understood why RDM wanted him so badly.He's a good player no doubt,and at his age a decent bargain at 10 mil.He's fast,can dribble and cross well but,more importantly,he's a CAM/RAM/LAM and we already have Mata,Hazard,Marin,Oscar and Ramires.I've never seen him play as a striker but this article says he can play up front.That would explain it.Then again Torres' seems to be getting back to his best and the fact that his place in the starting XI is now assured has a huge role to play in that.I don't think I would like to mess with that.And even then,if Moses is meant to be a backup striker then that means poor Sturridge will have to ply his trade on the wings where he is vastly outclassed by the likes of Hazard,Ramires and Mata.
So.. you admit you don't need him, you don't know why you want him but getting a player in the last year of their contract from Wigan is still a good bargain..?

So Liverpool are extremely close to landing Nuri Sahin. A Cm consisting Lucas, Sahin, Allen and Gerrard oozes class and is definitely one of the best in the league. Not close to the Alonso, Mascherano and young Gerrard trio but pretty damn happy with that even though I'm mortified by our lack of pace and finishing up front.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)