Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

@Espeon of course you'd add something in as soon as I go to the IRC for help XD. Since I got Talking Lion to give me one I'll take that, since I can do that without having to break my own rules. Thanks for the thought though I'm glad for it.

@TalkingLion thanks a bunch for this! I've been waiting far too long for this XD ready to start on the 3rd leg of my Gauntlet now.

This looks like a blast, and I've got entirely too much free time. A match made in heaven.

Diamond Gauntlet!
Difficulty: Challenging

Rules and Regulations:
1) I cannot trade
2) I'll be taking three permanent challenges.
3) I'll be taking two temporary challenges every two badges, starting from the very beginning.
4) Make it fun! Nothing involving horrible amounts of grinding, drudgery, or boredom.

Get at me, bros!

Permanent Challenges (3):
EndQuote, you may not use any Pokemon that have a type that was physical before the physical/special split. In the case of Pokemon that gain physical types after evolving but don't have any before they evolve, you can use them, but not evolve them to when they gain their physical type. (For example, you can evolve Turtwig to Grotle, but not to Torterra)
For clarity, I can only use Water, Grass, Fire, Ice, Electric, Psychic, Dragon, and Dark-types.
Clever challenge, restricts the usage of all three starters.

EndQuote, you must pick one of the following "starters" before reading the hide tab and then I will tell you the actual challenge:
Shinx, Abra Chose Shinx

You may not use any pokemon that shares a weakness with the "starter" you chose.

Shinx = Fire (ground)

Abra = Grass/Dark (bug)

I only put types that were usable still with Naix's challenge that aren't now. There are other unusable types due to this, but they were unusable before so it's irrelevant. Also, if any type combinations make that type normally effective, you can use it (ex. if you chose Abra you can get a Houndour since fire makes bug non-SE). Also, obviously you can't use the same type as your starter. I didn't think i would write that since i thought it was obvious, personally.

GL;HF!
...At this rate, it'll practically be a monotype run... (Joke, espeon. It was a joke)
Thanks for the challenge, Espeon65!

@Endquote
You are challenged to never use a Pokemart, department store, or any other vendor that trades items for money. You may only use items you find or are given.
Should be a fun restriction, but it'll make any tricky soloes even trickier.

Temporary Challenges (2):
@EndQuote

Until you defeat both of the first two gyms, none of your pokemon may evolve.
Thanks, mate! Perfect restriction in terms of simple, but challenging.

@EndQuote
When travelling through Eterna Forest for the first time, your Pokemon are not allowed to deal damage (to an opponent) until Cheryl's Chansey has put one of the opponents' health into the yellow zone.
You mean the Chansey that insists on healing itself with Softboiled even when it's at full health???
This restriction is going to kill me. XD

2-4 Badges:
Okay, here's a gauntlet!

You have to catch a pokemon you get from a honey tree. But you can't just save in front and restart and restart and restart. Once you find out what pokemon it is, you have to catch it. There is a certain loophole you can abuse, though, if you know about honey trees (:. Anyway, the challenge is to solo all of Crasher Wake's gym, and one of Crasher Wake's pokemon. (Also, this rule ignores the typing gauntlets from earlier) GL;HF!
Want. A. Cherubi. (I'm going to wind up with, like, a Burmy and ragequit)

So anyway, you need another challenge right? Well, you are challenged to beat Maylene while constantly under the effects of some sort of weather. Good luck!
Wait, if I get a Cherubi, they learn Sunny Day, right?
-checks Veekun-
Yep! Pressure's on for the little grass-type!

Whenever Byron is (Gods I haven't played Diamond in awhile):
Since you don't mind, EndQuote, then I'll give you another challenge. You must solo Byron (with any pokemon of you choice) using no SE moves. Good luck!

EndQuote, you may not use any Pokemon that have a type that was physical before the physical/special split. In the case of Pokemon that gain physical types after evolving but don't have any before they evolve, you can use them, but not evolve them. (For example, you can't evolve Grotle to Torterra)

EndQuote, you must pick one of the following "starters" before reading the hide tab and then I will tell you the actual challenge:
Shinx, Abra

You may not use any pokemon that shares a weakness with the "starter" you chose.

Shinx = Fire (ground)

Abra = Grass/Dark (bug)

I only put types that were usable still with Naix's challenge that aren't now. There are other unusable types due to this, but they were unusable before so it's irrelevant. Also, if any type combinations make that type normally effective, you can use it (ex. if you chose Abra you can get a Houndour since fire makes bug non-SE). Also, obviously you can't use the same type as your starter. I didn't think i would write that since i thought it was obvious, personally.

GL;HF!

@Espeon65

You are challenged to go through Chargestone Cave without leaving until after you have made it to the other side. You may only use 3 healing items when you are in there. If you fail to make it through under these restrictions, you are banned from using items in any major battle from then on.

@Endquote
You are challenged to never use a Pokemart, department store, or any other vendor that trades items for money. You may only use items you find or are given.

Good luck to both of you!

@Espeon65

You are challenged to go through Chargestone Cave without leaving until after you have made it to the other side. You may only use 3 healing items when you are in there. If you fail to make it through under these restrictions, you are banned from using items in any major battle from then on.
Okay, this will not be hard. There is a loophole that you don't know about apparently :)

Endquote said:
(Joke, espeon. It was a joke)
*facepalm* XD

Thanks to Jimera and all those who gave permanent restrictions for my Diamond Scramblocke!
Now all I need are two temporary restrictions, to be replaced when I receive my second badge.

Okay, this will not be hard. There is a loophole that you don't know about apparently :)

*facepalm* XD
No using the doctor either. I had forgotten about that.

Seriously don't try to get past the spirit of the challenge that's just meaaaan D:

Could I have a black challenge, 6 restrictions at a medium-ish difficulty, please. Do I have to say what pokemon i'm going to use?

Could I have a black challenge, 6 restrictions at a medium-ish difficulty, please. Do I have to say what pokemon i'm going to use?
No you don't need to say what Pokemon you're going to use, though some of the restrictions people give you may restrict what you can use on your team. If you don't want that to happen you should say so soon.

Anyway, for your challenge you must "unlock" items before you can buy them. This means you must find or be given them before you can buy them from a Pokemart or anywhere else. Once an item is unlocked you may buy it in as much quantity as you like, but only until you beat the next gym. Every gym, you must begin unlocking items again.

Buy carefully! And good luck!

No using the doctor either. I had forgotten about that.

Seriously don't try to get past the spirit of the challenge that's just meaaaan D:
Aww, darn it! Fine.

@The QWAZ, every one of your pokemon must solo a main battle (gym, rival (NOT the first battle or binaca ever), N, etc.) to evolve. One solo = one evolution. So your starter has to solo two main battles to evolve fully, and so does any other pokemon with more than one evo.

GL;HF!

Running the Gauntlet: A Warrior's Tale
A Medium-difficulty Diamond challenge!
-I would like 5 challenges to begin, 5 more after obtaining the Fen Badge, and 3 more before challenging the Elite Four
-I am able to trade without a problem
-No challenges that involve excessive grinding (use your judgement when defining excessive). This only applies to directly forcing me to grind. For example, "solo x" is fine while "solo 100 Bidoofs before you challenge Roark" is not.

The Beginning Challenges:
waterwarrior, when you defeat Mars for the first time, a Grunt appears out of nowhere, snatches one of the Pokemon you used when fighting Mars, and makes a getaway to Eterna City. As such, deposit the Pokemon he/she stole until you defeat Jupiter. (Note: The stolen Pokemon needs to be an actual member of your team. In other words, you may not deposit an HM Slave or some other fodder for this challenge.)
Oh wow. This is going to be a gigantic pain in the ass, but I suppose keeping two Pokemon at a slightly lower level in order to not get completely screwed by this isn't bad...

OH HEY! I REMEMBA YOU!

Anyway, a challenge for you. You are challenged to go through the game with no more than 4 types of Pokemon, including dual typing. Basically, pick 4 types. Any Pokemon not of those types cannot be used.
For right now, I have chosen Fire, Fighting, Normal, and Flying. This'll be... interesting. (Thank god for trading...)
You are not allowed to have a dedicated HM slave. Basically any HM you want to use must be on a Pokemon that you are planning to use, and the HM move must remain on the Pokemon until you are finished. This rule can be ignored if it stops you from progressing through the game.
But... but how else will Bidoof get a starring role!?!
ONGOING

Under no circumstance are you to run away from a Wild Pokemon. Ever. If you do, you must buy 10,000 Pokedollars worth of items...Then dump them. Immediately.

Have fun.
Easy enough!
@waterwarrior you may only use 20 total items on major battles. use them wisely, because if you go over, you must throw out 5,000 pokedollars worth of stuff every time you go one over. Have fun!
Defining "Major battles" as rival, admin, gym leader, and E4 battles. Another interesting one, but I feel I can manage.

Copyright credit screen? Check.
Dramatic music? Check.
Twinkly little stars? Check.
Pressing the A Button because the title sequences for the Pokemon games have always been boring bar the first time you watch them? YOU BET YOUR ASS THAT'S A CHECK!
Dialga showing up with a pulse of energy or something? Check.
Pressing A again, because nobody presses the Start button ever? Check.
Pressing New Game, only to be reminded that Nintendo makes you press Up + Select + B to delete your save file because they're awesome like that? Check.
Overly long checklist that is only nearly the end? Check~
Remembering that the Select button is in a strangely awkward place on the 3DS? Only check I'm regretting.
Deleting the save file, utterly deleting this version of Warrior from existence? Check (hey, is that evil laughter I hear?)
Trying to make people laugh while describing a portion of the game that probably doesn't even need to be described and failing? Probably check that one off too!
Finally ending this checklist and beginning? AWWWW YEAH!

-One second later-

Blah Blah world of Pokemon blah blah fuck no I don't need help playing the game blah blah Munchlax is adorable, we know, blah blah asking whether or not I want to play as my own gender or play as a character with a skirt that LITERALLY EVERYONE has made some comment on how it gets you on an FBI watchlist and choosing boy blah my name is Warrior blah blah yes I do use the lowercase letters, thank you very much blah blah holy crap this is boring, blah blah oh shit rival's name.

Here comes the hardest decision of all. Do I take the high road and just call him Barry? Do I take the purist road and name him Pearl? Do I take the so-completely-cliched-and-incredibly-low road and just name his something like ASSWIPE or the equally clever DOUCHE.

Or do I take the absolute what the fuck road and let random.org spew out 7 numbers 1 to 26 that will assign his name? WHY. THE. FUCK. NOT.

WELCOME TO THE WORLD PYIFEJE (post your pronunciation of this bastardization of the English language in your response to this Chapter! :D)

AND ITS SHRINKING TIME.

Ooooo Red Gyarados, the report at the beginning of the game that got everyone into thinking that it would appear later in the game in the Lake Resort, then crushing our dreams later when we find out that no, it's just a fucking LVL 100 Magikarp. Which is worth approximately nothing outside of the troll value.

Oh, PYIFEJE wants to see me? Wow, I'm already regretting naming him that! Well, I just hope he isn't an insufferable moron that-
"I'm fining you $1 million if you're late!"
FUCK.

How... how does this person have any friends?

Alright, alright, I'll walk to the lake with you... AAAAND short skirts and panties and 30-year-old men masturbating to pictures of a fictional 10-year-old girl that looks at least 18 because Japan and OVERLY LONG DESCRIPTIONS AGAIN FUCK I GOTTA STOP DOING THAT.

So yeah, Dawn and Professor Rowan, looking for interesting things on the lake, thinking nothing of the cave jutting out just off-screen, etc.

And then Dawn thought: "I probably shouldn't pay attention to the suitcase full of incredibly rare and priceless Pokemon and just leave it lying around."

Yep, there are going to be memes. Lots and lots of memes. In fact, why not ALL THE MEMES!
realization that that involves Dolan-
All the memes? ;~;
SUDDENLY STARLY.Alright Warrior, just reach into that suitcase and pull out a Pip- wait, you mean that this Gauntlet challenge restricts me to 4 types? And that Steel is a waste of a typing? And so is Ground? But Fighting isn't? ... Ass. GO CHIMCHAR!

-Two scratches later-

Wow, that wasn't threatening at all! Now let's see, I have a lot of time to think about a nickname, so what can it be?

-ponders this question while Mom rambles on and gives me Running Shoes-
-continues to ponder while slaughtering Starly's and Bidoof's-

To be continued

waterwarrior, when you defeat Mars for the first time, a Grunt appears out of nowhere, snatches one of the Pokemon you used when fighting Mars, and makes a getaway to Eterna City. As such, deposit the Pokemon he/she stole until you defeat Jupiter. (Note: The stolen Pokemon needs to be an actual member of your team. In other words, you may not deposit an HM Slave or some other fodder for this challenge.)

@Waterwarrior

OH HEY! I REMEMBA YOU!

Anyway, a challenge for you. You are challenged to go through the game with no more than 4 types of Pokemon, including dual typing. Basically, pick 4 types. Any Pokemon not of those types cannot be used.

@Naix holy crap you're still waiting for a challenge? I wasn't going to give you one because I had already given one in previous updates but you've been waiting long enough.

You are challenged to keep Rage forever on your Charmeleon/Charizard. In any major battle it participates in, it must attempt to fight the final Pokemon with nothing but Rage. Here's hoping you don't miss eh?

Good luck and have fun!

@Naix holy crap you're still waiting for a challenge? I wasn't going to give you one because I had already given one in previous updates but you've been waiting long enough.

You are challenged to keep Rage forever on your Charmeleon/Charizard. In any major battle it participates in, it must attempt to fight the final Pokemon with nothing but Rage. Here's hoping you don't miss eh?

Good luck and have fun!
Accepted. Thank you very much. Here's hoping on my end that I don't have to fight any Minimize spammers or any Pidgeots randomly nicknamed Screentime.

I'd like to do a medium level Black Challenge.
- I wish to start with 5 challenges.
- I'll accept a new challenge after every second gym. (Lenora, Elesa, Skyla & Drayden)
- I am able to trade for the purposes of evolution and accessing specific Pokemon.
- I'll stop after defeating Ghetsis.

@Waterwarrior
You are not allowed to have a dedicated HM slave. Basically any HM you want to use must be on a Pokemon that you are planning to use, and the HM move must remain on the Pokemon until you are finished. This rule can be ignored if it stops you from progressing through the game.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's time to take on the Gauntlet!

Starting a Medium-difficulty Diamond challenge!
-I would like 7 challenges to begin, 5 more after obtaining the Fen Badge, and 3 more before challenging the Elite Four
-I am able to trade without a problem
-No challenges that involve excessive grinding (use your judgement when defining excessive). This only applies to directly forcing me to grind. For example, "solo x" is fine while "solo 100 Bidoofs before you challenge Roark" is not.

It's great to be back :)
ONGOING

Under no circumstance are you to run away from a Wild Pokemon. Ever. If you do, you must buy 10,000 Pokedollars worth of items...Then dump them. Immediately.

Have fun.

@waterwarrior you may only use 20 total items on major battles. use them wisely, because if you go over, you must throw out 5,000 pokedollars worth of stuff every time you go one over. Have fun!

@recec When you were younger, you looked up to Burgh at the Castelia Gym. Once, he even came to your hometown! You were so excited that you got to meet him! He let out his pokemon, and you were so interested, so you walked right up to his Whirlipede. It immediately used poison tail on you, and burgh wasn't paying attention, so you thought he didn't care. here is your challenge: You must make burgh's pokemon suffer, by only using not very effective moves. (if not possible, neutral moves, but it should be possible). After the battle, Burgh asks why you are so mad. You tell him the story. He apologizes with so much kindness, all your hatred goes away. From this day forward, there must be a bug type on your team. Have fun!

@Recec

You are challenged to never take advantage of a 4x resist or weakness. If you do by accident (meaning are hit with a 4x resisted move or deal 4x super-effective damage to something) you are penalized by having to buy 10 of the highest value of standard Pokeball you can buy (no heal balls or dusk balls, don't worry), and immediately trashing them afterwards.

Good luck!

EDIT: just got the next part of my SS Gauntlet up, where I defeat Lugia and make my way to the Pokemon League. Next chapter I take on the Pokemon League!

Recec, all female trainers must be soloed.
This is going to make certain bosses absolute pain. Thankfully Drayden is the last gym, not Iris.

@recec When you were younger, you looked up to Burgh at the Castelia Gym. Once, he even came to your hometown! You were so excited that you got to meet him! He let out his pokemon, and you were so interested, so you walked right up to his Whirlipede. It immediately used poison tail on you, and burgh wasn't paying attention, so you thought he didn't care. here is your challenge: You must make burgh's pokemon suffer, by only using not very effective moves. (if not possible, neutral moves, but it should be possible). After the battle, Burgh asks why you are so mad. You tell him the story. He apologizes with so much kindness, all your hatred goes away. From this day forward, there must be a bug type on your team. Have fun!
Nice story, I always love a little role playing. As for the bug, I'll go one better, it won't be just any bug, it'll be Scolipede.
EDIT: Unless a future challenge prevents me from using Scolipede.

@Recec

You are challenged to never take advantage of a 4x resist or weakness. If you do by accident (meaning are hit with a 4x super-effective move or deal 4x super-effective damage to something) you are penalized by having to buy 10 of the highest value of standard Pokeball you can buy (no heal balls or dusk balls, don't worry), and immediately trashing them afterwards.

Good luck!
Do I still get penalized if I get hit with a 4x effective move? The example implies that I do, but the challenge says to never take advantage of 4x damage, and being hit is probably never an advantage.

All challenges accepted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)