Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
There are avaliable guides about RNG with the Dream Radar/AR Searcher?
I am working on a guide, but it is not finished yet. The beginning of the guide is currently in the second post of this thread, and the final guide will be in one of the first few posts of this thread when it is finished.

Thank you!
Sorry I have another question, I just tried your method for the hidden hollow. I had success and find the pokemon I was looking for!

I red that it is possible to find Eevee in every hidden hollow but he is very rare, is it a fake?
Because I can't find Eevee in your correct table.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Thank you!
I red that it is possible to find Eevee in every hidden hollow but he is very rare, is it a fake?
Because I can't find Eevee in your correct table.
This is stated on sites like Serebii, however nobody has been able to prove that it is actually true. At this time we don't think it's possible.

This is stated on sites like Serebii, however nobody has been able to prove that it is actually true. At this time we don't think it's possible.
Yes i found it on serebii but my friends and I have never find any Eevee, I think it's not possible too.

I am able to find values for hex flawless Dittos using RNG Reporter but I can't seem to find that seed on PPRNG. I'm using the same DS Parameters. I must not be using the Standard Seed finder right. I would definitely love to use this program instead because then I wouldn't need to boot up Windows. I like the layout of this one as well :)

Do I have to re-calibrate my DS for PPRNG or something?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I
I am able to find values for hex flawless Dittos using RNG Reporter but I can't seem to find that seed on PPRNG. I'm using the same DS Parameters. I must not be using the Standard Seed finder right. I would definitely love to use this program instead because then I wouldn't need to boot up Windows. I like the layout of this one as well :)

Do I have to re-calibrate my DS for PPRNG or something?
Parameters are only related to your DS / cartridge combination. They do not change between RNG programs.

Please post your parameters and details of what results RNG Reporter is giving you. Screenshots would be easiest.

I

Parameters are only related to your DS / cartridge combination. They do not change between RNG programs.

Please post your parameters and details of what results RNG Reporter is giving you. Screenshots would be easiest.
Sure. I used the same parameters that appear on top of the PPRNG window when I used RNG Reporter. Sorry that the pics are a bit large...

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Sure. I used the same parameters that appear on top of the PPRNG window when I used RNG Reporter. Sorry that the pics are a bit large...
Your timer0 doesn't look correct in PPRNG. The leading '1' could be getting cut off, but I think there's enough space there to display it if you had actually set your timer0 to 12BB - 12BC.

If it just is not showing the '1' in PPRNG but it is actually set, please give screenshots of the config screens in PPRNG and Reporter.

Your timer0 doesn't look correct in PPRNG. The leading '1' could be getting cut off, but I think there's enough space there to display it if you had actually set your timer0 to 12BB - 12BC.

If it just is not showing the '1' in PPRNG but it is actually set, please give screenshots of the config screens in PPRNG and Reporter.
There's the problem. It looks like the Timer0 is sometimes changing itself or not saving properly when I edited the DS config (I did edit it multiple times yesterday to add in the other parameters). Maybe it's related to that last known issue.

Either way, now it comes up with the same seed. Thanks!

Is it possible to use the same DS parameters for my B&W2 copy that I used for my B&W1 or do I have to find the parameters again?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Is it possible to use the same DS parameters for my B&W2 copy that I used for my B&W1 or do I have to find the parameters again?
You will have to find your parameters again, but the next version of PPRNG (to be released as soon as we have details necessary for the English versions) will support a new and much easier method for finding B2/W2 parameters. See the 4th post of this thread for more details.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
PPRNG has been updated to version 1.14.0, including initial support for the English language versions of Black 2 and White 2 on DS and DS Lites.

Please see the first post of this thread for details, a download link, and links to tutorials on the new Black 2 / White 2 features.

Sorry. I was expecting it to be deleted like my last post (the last post had reason, though).

I managed to abuse my TID/SID in Black, so I know the process. I have already found my parameters using the awesome new method.

Sooo. I started the game up. Kept track of my starting time and date. Didn't hold down any buttons. I started the game and waited til the Gamefreak animation to press start so I can skip that and the little cutscene video thereafter so I can go to the menu. I started, put in a Random name for myself and my Rival. Waited for my mother to talk to Juniper. Immediately when I could move, I checked my TID. I put it in the searcher along with all the other data and nothing. Didn't even appear to search at all. So I don't know what's wrong. If you need any more specific data, let me know.

Also, the links on the first post that say BW1/BW2/common functions all lead to the same link. The one about BW2 specific things.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I managed to abuse my TID/SID in Black, so I know the process. I have already found my parameters using the awesome new method.

Sooo. I started the game up. Kept track of my starting time and date. Didn't hold down any buttons. I started the game and waited til the Gamefreak animation to press start so I can skip that and the little cutscene video thereafter so I can go to the menu. I started, put in a Random name for myself and my Rival. Waited for my mother to talk to Juniper. Immediately when I could move, I checked my TID. I put it in the searcher along with all the other data and nothing. Didn't even appear to search at all. So I don't know what's wrong. If you need any more specific data, let me know.
You have only one Timer0 value configured. You need to do the parameter calibration a number of times to get the full range of Timer0 values. You are hitting an adjacent seed, but because you only have one Timer0 value configured it's not finding it.

Also, the links on the first post that say BW1/BW2/common functions all lead to the same link. The one about BW2 specific things.
Fixed, thanks.

Ohhh. Okay. Timer0's are more mean in these games then? Uhg. Okay. Thanks a bunch. :)

-Edit: Is it okay, then, to just leave the TID/SID searcher window open as I find the other Timer0's and then press search when I find them?

And I know the title says not to do this, but can I have a quick yes or no for this question?
I want to know if Dream Radar seeds can be used to get a TID/SID combo that will work for a specific DR seed.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Is it okay, then, to just leave the TID/SID searcher window open as I find the other Timer0's and then press search when I find them?
After updating your profile, you should rechoose it from the drop down menu in the TID searcher to get the updated values.

I want to know if Dream Radar seeds can be used to get a TID/SID combo that will work for a specific DR seed.
DR Pokemon can't be shiny.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I'm not finding any results under the ID Frame Search.

At first I did it with my calibrated parameters, then I tried it with a huge range of Timer0s (1000 - 1100). It found nothing (I even deselected the date).

Tried multiple times with no avail. (trying to RNG my ID)

Also, this is in English White 2 on a DS Lite.
Please give me a screenshot of the searcher window so I can see some details.

After updating your profile, you should rechoose it from the drop down menu in the TID searcher to get the updated values.

DR Pokemon can't be shiny.
I know they can't, but I wanted to TID/SID abuse for the Therian Genies and the 4th Gen Legends. I figured they can't be shiny considering that there is no shiny option for them in the program, yet their Natures can be abused, so that's why I wanted to know if the DR seeds are possible to use with TID Searcher so I don't waste my time. (Sorry for all the questions... Games and program version are new and you know the most about the program, so that's why I came here.)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I know they can't, but I wanted to TID/SID abuse for the Therian Genies and the 4th Gen Legends. I figured they can't be shiny considering that there is no shiny option for them in the program, yet their Natures can be abused, so that's why I wanted to know if the DR seeds are possible to use with TID Searcher so I don't waste my time. (Sorry for all the questions... Games and program version are new and you know the most about the program, so that's why I came here.)
What are you expecting TID / SID abuse to do to the DR Pokemon? It has nothing to do with natures. The only reason to do TID / SID abuse in Black 2 / White 2 is to get a specific TID (basically for fun), or to get a shiny starter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)