1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

Discussion in 'Technical Projects' started by chiizu, Mar 29, 2011.

1. ShadowAssailant

ShadowAssailant

I know they can't, but I wanted to TID/SID abuse for the Therian Genies and the 4th Gen Legends. I figured they can't be shiny considering that there is no shiny option for them in the program, yet their Natures can be abused, so that's why I wanted to know if the DR seeds are possible to use with TID Searcher so I don't waste my time. (Sorry for all the questions... Games and program version are new and you know the most about the program, so that's why I came here.)
  2. chiizu

chiizu PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
    is a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcher

What are you expecting TID / SID abuse to do to the DR Pokemon? It has nothing to do with natures. The only reason to do TID / SID abuse in Black 2 / White 2 is to get a specific TID (basically for fun), or to get a shiny starter.
  3. ShadowAssailant

ShadowAssailant

Well, I was expecting RNG abuse of the DR Pokemon to be easier if I had a TID/SID combo that has the capability of producing the seed with the stats and nature that I want for the DR Pokemon just so I don't spend a lot of time searching. If it's not possible to do this, then I was going to search for a seed that will give me a shiny Kyurem or Terrakion and such.

-Edit: Again, sorry if what I'm trying to say makes no sense or if it's even possible. Just asking. :)

On another note, how do you know which values to put in for Min/Max for my Timer0, VCount, and VFrame? Because these are the values I've gotten so far:
    Time: 23:46:39, Timer0: 1014, VCount: 96, VFrame: E
    Time: 23:46:39, Timer0: 116D, VCount: 7A, VFrame: 9
    Time: 23:46:30, Timer0: 1061, VCount: 89, VFrame:7
    Time: 23:46:25, Timer0: 10D8, Vcount: 93, VFrame: 7

I play on the Phat, am starting at 23:46:30 (pressing A at 29), and the day is 10/8/2012.
    I don't know if there's a little guide that shows how to organize Min/Max. I haven't personally seen one. If there is, please direct to. :)
    --Edit: So totally disregard the strikethrough... I forgot that there's a teeny bug that changes the current configuration your using switch after you edit a config... Yet I'd still like to know how to organize Min/Max.
  4. chiizu

TID and SID have no effect on what seeds you can use for the Dream Radar, nor do they affect the nature or IVs.

Timer0, VCount, and VFrame are hexidecimal (base 16) values. Please google it if you don't know what it is. Min is the lowest value you've gotten for each one, while Max is the highest. VCount and VFrame shouldn't change if you are on a retail cart, so you should have both Min and Max for those parameters set to the same value. Timer0 will have a range of values, so you set the minimum and maximum values you can hit for it in the configuration.
  5. ShadowAssailant

ShadowAssailant

Oh. Okayyyyy! I'm so sorry for all the questions and confusion, then. I thought it did. I apologize, but thank you. :)

I have a vague understanding of hexidecimal. I am on a retail cart of White 2. Just bought it fresh today from my local GameStop.
    It seems that I'm getting many values for VCount/Frame. When I'm testing, should I use different time values? I've been testing the same time (23:46:30 pressing A at 29 seconds) for a few minutes and have been getting a constant 119D, 8E, 4. Considering that, I probably should..

Okay. So. For anyone that reads this, I'm an idiot. :) Didn't save. At all. For the past hour and a half I've been trying to find my parameters without saving...
    Chiizu. I know it's not your fault. My first attempt at finding my parameters I did save, but I did some things wrong. I recommend that you bold the part of the tutorial about saving and say it multiple times so people remember... Lol.
  6. ShadowAssailant

ShadowAssailant

Thanks for bolding that. :) I did read it before, just totally forgot.

On a side note, I'm having the same problems as before with finding the starting Frame for TID/SID abuse. The ID Frame Searcher still seems not to be searching at all. The only Timer0's coming up for me are 10F4, 10F6, and 10EF. If you believe this is just a personal problem, then I'll figure it out. But I'm not sure...

-Edit: I just tried this: since according to the BW2 Parameter Searcher the min and max are 1000-11FF, i actually put that scale into my config and it didn't do anything...

--Edit: So, yeah. Chiizu. As Mr. Sableye stated, there is a problem. After opening multiple instances of the program (turning it off and on), the search has finally gone through. So I don't know what's wrong...
  7. chiizu

I have found the issue, thanks for the key information above. Version 1.14.1 has been released to resolve this issue.
  8. ShadowAssailant

ShadowAssailant

So in the event of a Timer0 trolling, one should keep retrying to hit the seed? I'm trying to RNG Tornadus-T and my Timer0 keeps trolling me. Hitting very close to the seed, just not hitting it.

And there mayyyy be a problem with the frame numbers on the DR seed inspector/searcher. I was told to go to 29 to hit my seed, and I did (was positive I was on the right frame because the arrow directions matches), yet I got results for Frame 30. I can retest later because I backed up the save data, but I currently don't have any screenshots.

-Edit: So I answered my first question. Hit my seed after multiple tries. I also answered my second question.

Screenshot (open)
    [​IMG]

I definitely hit my seed. I was aiming for the flawless spread with Naive, yet I ended up with the near-flawless Rash, the frame right below my target. My final spin was pointing to the left and was my 5th spin, so I should have hit Naive, but I got Rash. And yes, I know I kind of screwed myself over with the Tornadus. Luckily, I did get Black 2.
    *Btw, I'm running Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8.2).
  9. chiizu

If you do no advances (i.e. don't do any spinner checks) you will hit frame 1. If you advance 1 time, you will hit frame 2. You advanced 5 times, so you hit frame 6. This is explained in the guide.

It is the standard for RNG tools to show the frame indicator (in this case spinner direction) on the frame it actually corresponds to, meaning that you can either choose to receive the Pokemon in that frame, or do the advancement which will produce the result indicated. This is the same for Chatot chatters, Professor Elm calls in Gen 4, etc.

Regarding your Tornadus, the guide specifically says to start with a non-legendary so that you are sure that you understand the procedure...
  10. ShadowAssailant

ShadowAssailant

Ohhhh. Okay. I understand now. Sorry for my incompetence. Overlooked that.

And yeah. I know. I figured it would work, but as I said I do have Black 2 to get it on again and then Pokecheck to clone, so I'm not overly upset.

-Edit: Again. I'm sorry for my failures and my questions. I do greatly appreciate the assistance. :)
  11. chiizu

PPRNG 1.14.2 has been released with support for English Black 2 / White 2 on DSi / XL / 3DS.

As usual, see the first post of this thread for the download link.
  12. nomcereal

nomcereal

First of all, I would just like to say thank you to all who went into making this program. It is an amazing tool! I downloaded it last night and went through the process of RNG'ing a flawless Terrakion on my Black 2 version. I got the process for flawless IV's on stationary Pokemon down. Now, however, I am looking to RNG a flawless shiny stationary legendary. In my attempts to do this, I have been extremely unsuccessful. Here is how I am understanding it....

Say the initial PID frame is 52 and the number under the Stationary column is 127 (random numbers just to see if I understand it). Does this mean that I would have to click on Chatot's summary page 75 times and then interact with the legendary? Or am I missing something big here?
  13. chiizu

Yes, you would need to advance the PID frame 75 times by viewing the summary page of Chatot which has a custom recorded chatter (the default chatter will not do anything). But in Black 2 Terrakion is in a location with a number of NPCs that move and/or turn randomly, and each time they move/turn they also advance the PID frame. Even if you are very quick to open up the menu when starting the game, there will be enough time for each moving NPC to advance the PID frame 1 or 2 frames, so you need to adjust the number of advances you do to account for this. It's a trial and error process. For a first time attempt at manipulating the PID frame, it's one of the more difficult RNG abuses to do.

As a note, you're more likely to get a quicker answer to this kind of generic RNG question (not specific to PPRNG) in the main RNG help thread.
  14. Lork

Lork

is there a way to run this on iphone? would be such a handy little portable app!
  15. chiizu

Would you accept that it would eat your phone's battery the same way as a high end 3D game and likely be slower and harder to use than the desktop version?

How much money would you be willing to pay for said handy little portable app?
  16. IstheCakeReallyaLie

IstheCakeReallyaLie

Same on RNG Reporter, I assume?
  17. Agonist

Agonist He had seen it, felt it's might, bent under
    is a Forum Moderator

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

so as you can tell it's ignoring the fact that I set the SpA to 30. I've also noticed it does this when doing other custom searches (mostly breeding).
  18. chiizu

I expect so, but the functionality isn't in RNG Reporter yet.

I can't reproduce this behavior. Can you give me the exact steps (as detailed as possible) that you used to set up and run your search? I'm confused why the drop down menu says Custom when you are doing a Special Hidden Power Flawless search.
  19. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

Flawless Hidden Power sets the Atk IV to a minimum of 2, and will search for any HP 70. What I'm aiming for is 31/31/31/30/30/31.

Anyway, after setting my parameters, I set the date range, then changed min IVs for 31/31/31/30/30/31, and max IVs to 31/31/31/30/30/31, that way I should only be able to get that spread. I then set the nature to Hasty and ran the search.
  20. Zetsu

Zetsu

Since he hasn't responded, I would be willing to pay anywhere from $20-$50 for this iPhone app. I definitely have wanted to RNG "on the go" and if it included a timer in the app, it would be perfect.
  21. chiizu

Are you able to reproduce the bug every time you try the above? I have tried manually setting the parameters as you did, but at some point the program detects that it's a hidden power spread and changes the IV pattern drop down automatically to that (which actually resets the ATK IV to 0-31, which is a small bug). The point is, though, that the only way that I can get the IV Pattern menu to show 'Custom' by the end of setting the IVs is if I actually go and change it to 'Custom' manually myself. So, I'd really like to know the exact steps you are following to set up the IVs and Hidden Power in fine detail. Something like:

1. Set Min HP to 31.
    2. Set Max HP to 31.
    13. Check Hidden Power checkbox. The IV pattern is automatically set to 'Special Hidden Power Flawless' and the IV stat is reset to min 0, max 31.
    14. Set min ATK to 31 again.

I understand that it's a tedious thing to do, but if I can't reproduce the bug I can't fix it.

Those are very generous numbers! I would imagine that if it happened it would be in the $1 - $5 range so that it would be accessible to wider audience, but I do appreciate the encouragement.
  22. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

Sure I can do that, and I'll probably be on IRC later on, so if you're there we can figure it out easier. I'll edit this in (or contact you on IRC) once I get home and try it out.
  23. Prog89

Prog89

Thank you for the update and for the Dream Radar guide!!
    When the italian version support will be available?
  24. chiizu

Any update on this? I'm not on IRC much during the week, unfortunately, but I'm idling, so feel free to MSG me.

I'm waiting for DSi info for the various European versions before releasing again.
  25. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

if I do it your way it doesn't seem to do it, and now I can't seem to replicate it either, so I don't know :/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)