Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

What are you expecting TID / SID abuse to do to the DR Pokemon? It has nothing to do with natures. The only reason to do TID / SID abuse in Black 2 / White 2 is to get a specific TID (basically for fun), or to get a shiny starter.
Well, I was expecting RNG abuse of the DR Pokemon to be easier if I had a TID/SID combo that has the capability of producing the seed with the stats and nature that I want for the DR Pokemon just so I don't spend a lot of time searching. If it's not possible to do this, then I was going to search for a seed that will give me a shiny Kyurem or Terrakion and such.

-Edit: Again, sorry if what I'm trying to say makes no sense or if it's even possible. Just asking. :)

On another note, how do you know which values to put in for Min/Max for my Timer0, VCount, and VFrame? Because these are the values I've gotten so far:
Time: 23:46:39, Timer0: 1014, VCount: 96, VFrame: E
Time: 23:46:39, Timer0: 116D, VCount: 7A, VFrame: 9
Time: 23:46:30, Timer0: 1061, VCount: 89, VFrame:7
Time: 23:46:25, Timer0: 10D8, Vcount: 93, VFrame: 7

I play on the Phat, am starting at 23:46:30 (pressing A at 29), and the day is 10/8/2012.
I don't know if there's a little guide that shows how to organize Min/Max. I haven't personally seen one. If there is, please direct to. :)
--Edit: So totally disregard the strikethrough... I forgot that there's a teeny bug that changes the current configuration your using switch after you edit a config... Yet I'd still like to know how to organize Min/Max.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Well, I was expecting RNG abuse of the DR Pokemon to be easier if I had a TID/SID combo that has the capability of producing the seed with the stats and nature that I want for the DR Pokemon just so I don't spend a lot of time searching. If it's not possible to do this, then I was going to search for a seed that will give me a shiny Kyurem or Terrakion and such.

-Edit: Again, sorry if what I'm trying to say makes no sense or if it's even possible. Just asking. :)
TID and SID have no effect on what seeds you can use for the Dream Radar, nor do they affect the nature or IVs.

On another note, how do you know which values to put in for Min/Max for my Timer0, VCount, and VFrame?
Timer0, VCount, and VFrame are hexidecimal (base 16) values. Please google it if you don't know what it is. Min is the lowest value you've gotten for each one, while Max is the highest. VCount and VFrame shouldn't change if you are on a retail cart, so you should have both Min and Max for those parameters set to the same value. Timer0 will have a range of values, so you set the minimum and maximum values you can hit for it in the configuration.

TID and SID have no effect on what seeds you can use for the Dream Radar, nor do they affect the nature or IVs.
Oh. Okayyyyy! I'm so sorry for all the questions and confusion, then. I thought it did. I apologize, but thank you. :)

Timer0, VCount, and VFrame are hexidecimal (base 16) values. Please google it if you don't know what it is. Min is the lowest value you've gotten for each one, while Max is the highest. VCount and VFrame shouldn't change if you are on a retail cart, so you should have both Min and Max for those parameters set to the same value. Timer0 will have a range of values, so you set the minimum and maximum values you can hit for it in the configuration.
I have a vague understanding of hexidecimal. I am on a retail cart of White 2. Just bought it fresh today from my local GameStop.
It seems that I'm getting many values for VCount/Frame. When I'm testing, should I use different time values? I've been testing the same time (23:46:30 pressing A at 29 seconds) for a few minutes and have been getting a constant 119D, 8E, 4. Considering that, I probably should..

Okay. So. For anyone that reads this, I'm an idiot. :) Didn't save. At all. For the past hour and a half I've been trying to find my parameters without saving...
Chiizu. I know it's not your fault. My first attempt at finding my parameters I did save, but I did some things wrong. I recommend that you bold the part of the tutorial about saving and say it multiple times so people remember... Lol.

Thanks for bolding that. :) I did read it before, just totally forgot.

On a side note, I'm having the same problems as before with finding the starting Frame for TID/SID abuse. The ID Frame Searcher still seems not to be searching at all. The only Timer0's coming up for me are 10F4, 10F6, and 10EF. If you believe this is just a personal problem, then I'll figure it out. But I'm not sure...

-Edit: I just tried this: since according to the BW2 Parameter Searcher the min and max are 1000-11FF, i actually put that scale into my config and it didn't do anything...

--Edit: So, yeah. Chiizu. As Mr. Sableye stated, there is a problem. After opening multiple instances of the program (turning it off and on), the search has finally gone through. So I don't know what's wrong...

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
EDIT2: Interesting. Restarted PPRNG and the search worked on the first and second try, but failed on the third (and subsequent tries).
So, yeah. Chiizu. As Mr. Sableye stated, there is a problem. After opening multiple instances of the program (turning it off and on), the search has finally gone through. So I don't know what's wrong...
I have found the issue, thanks for the key information above. Version 1.14.1 has been released to resolve this issue.

So in the event of a Timer0 trolling, one should keep retrying to hit the seed? I'm trying to RNG Tornadus-T and my Timer0 keeps trolling me. Hitting very close to the seed, just not hitting it.

And there mayyyy be a problem with the frame numbers on the DR seed inspector/searcher. I was told to go to 29 to hit my seed, and I did (was positive I was on the right frame because the arrow directions matches), yet I got results for Frame 30. I can retest later because I backed up the save data, but I currently don't have any screenshots.

-Edit: So I answered my first question. Hit my seed after multiple tries. I also answered my second question.

I definitely hit my seed. I was aiming for the flawless spread with Naive, yet I ended up with the near-flawless Rash, the frame right below my target. My final spin was pointing to the left and was my 5th spin, so I should have hit Naive, but I got Rash. And yes, I know I kind of screwed myself over with the Tornadus. Luckily, I did get Black 2.
*Btw, I'm running Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8.2).

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I definitely hit my seed. I was aiming for the flawless spread with Naive, yet I ended up with the near-flawless Rash, the frame right below my target. My final spin was pointing to the left and was my 5th spin, so I should have hit Naive, but I got Rash. And yes, I know I kind of screwed myself over with the Tornadus. Luckily, I did get Black 2.
If you do no advances (i.e. don't do any spinner checks) you will hit frame 1. If you advance 1 time, you will hit frame 2. You advanced 5 times, so you hit frame 6. This is explained in the guide.

It is the standard for RNG tools to show the frame indicator (in this case spinner direction) on the frame it actually corresponds to, meaning that you can either choose to receive the Pokemon in that frame, or do the advancement which will produce the result indicated. This is the same for Chatot chatters, Professor Elm calls in Gen 4, etc.

Regarding your Tornadus, the guide specifically says to start with a non-legendary so that you are sure that you understand the procedure...

Ohhhh. Okay. I understand now. Sorry for my incompetence. Overlooked that.

And yeah. I know. I figured it would work, but as I said I do have Black 2 to get it on again and then Pokecheck to clone, so I'm not overly upset.

-Edit: Again. I'm sorry for my failures and my questions. I do greatly appreciate the assistance. :)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
PPRNG 1.14.2 has been released with support for English Black 2 / White 2 on DSi / XL / 3DS.

As usual, see the first post of this thread for the download link.

First of all, I would just like to say thank you to all who went into making this program. It is an amazing tool! I downloaded it last night and went through the process of RNG'ing a flawless Terrakion on my Black 2 version. I got the process for flawless IV's on stationary Pokemon down. Now, however, I am looking to RNG a flawless shiny stationary legendary. In my attempts to do this, I have been extremely unsuccessful. Here is how I am understanding it....

Say the initial PID frame is 52 and the number under the Stationary column is 127 (random numbers just to see if I understand it). Does this mean that I would have to click on Chatot's summary page 75 times and then interact with the legendary? Or am I missing something big here?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
First of all, I would just like to say thank you to all who went into making this program. It is an amazing tool! I downloaded it last night and went through the process of RNG'ing a flawless Terrakion on my Black 2 version. I got the process for flawless IV's on stationary Pokemon down. Now, however, I am looking to RNG a flawless shiny stationary legendary. In my attempts to do this, I have been extremely unsuccessful. Here is how I am understanding it....

Say the initial PID frame is 52 and the number under the Stationary column is 127 (random numbers just to see if I understand it). Does this mean that I would have to click on Chatot's summary page 75 times and then interact with the legendary? Or am I missing something big here?
Yes, you would need to advance the PID frame 75 times by viewing the summary page of Chatot which has a custom recorded chatter (the default chatter will not do anything). But in Black 2 Terrakion is in a location with a number of NPCs that move and/or turn randomly, and each time they move/turn they also advance the PID frame. Even if you are very quick to open up the menu when starting the game, there will be enough time for each moving NPC to advance the PID frame 1 or 2 frames, so you need to adjust the number of advances you do to account for this. It's a trial and error process. For a first time attempt at manipulating the PID frame, it's one of the more difficult RNG abuses to do.

As a note, you're more likely to get a quicker answer to this kind of generic RNG question (not specific to PPRNG) in the main RNG help thread.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is there a way to run this on iphone? would be such a handy little portable app!
Would you accept that it would eat your phone's battery the same way as a high end 3D game and likely be slower and harder to use than the desktop version?

How much money would you be willing to pay for said handy little portable app?

Black 2 / White 2 Only

The following functionalities are only supported for Black 2 and White 2.

Important note regarding the Memory Link
Black 2 and White 2 have the option of performing a Memory Link with a Black 1 or White 1 game. This enables various optional story elements, but more importantly (for our purposes) it affects the initial PID frame for standard seeds as well as changing your possible Dream Radar frames. It is therefore necessary for you to indicate in each of your Black 2 or White 2 game configurations whether you have performed the Memory Link. A check box has been added to the DS / Game Config screen for this purpose.

Less important note regarding the Shiny Charm
Black 2 and White 2 have also added a new item called (tentatively) the Shiny Charm. This item, which is obtained once you have completed the National Pokedex, makes it more likely that shiny Pokemon will appear. Once you have received the Shiny Charm, it is always in effect, and thus you should correctly indicate in each of your Black 2 or White 2 game configurations whether or not you have obtained the Shiny Charm. A check box has been added to the DS / Game Config screen for this purpose.

In Black 2 and White 2 there is a much quicker and easier way to determine your RNG parameters (Timer0, VCount, etc.) that you can use as soon as you begin your game.

At the moment, this process requires you to have started the game and saved at least once (i.e. created a save file), however this may be revised in the future. In the meantime, if you are planning to RNG abuse your trainer ID on your first play through, you would need to start the game once and save as soon as possible (as soon as you are given control of your character) to create a save file. Then begin the process described below to determine your parameters, and finally clear your save file and restart your game to RNG abuse your trainer ID.

Note also that you can still calibrate using the same method used for Black 1 and White 1 (capture a Pokemon and check its IVs). See the General section a few posts above this one for details.

Initial Config Setup
Open the DS / Game Config window. Enter the game version, DS Type, and MAC address of the system. See the notes above regarding the Memory Link and Shiny Charm settings.

If you have started your game already and you know your Trainer ID and Secret ID, enter them as well. You will need these in order to find shinies. You can find your Trainer ID on the back of your trainer card in game. You can find your secret ID through various methods which will not be detailed here, but are easily found by googling.

Parameter Searching Using the Unova Link
Open the B2/W2 Parameter Searcher in the Black 2 / White 2 Only section of the PPRNG main menu.

Start your game from the DS menu without holding any buttons, and note the date and time down to the second (synchronizing your DS clock with an external clock such as the one on your computer may be helpful for this). Enter this time into the B2/W2 Parameter Searcher.

Select Unova Link from the game's top-level menu and then select Key System from the Unova Link main menu.

You will now begin a process of repeatedly activating the 'Send and Receive Keys' function and inputting the starting position of the spinning icon that appears there (more details below).

Select 'Send and Receive Keys' from the Key System menu. The game will ask you to confirm that you wish to begin IR transmission.

At this point, you need to focus your attention on the bottom right corner of the top screen of your DS, because as soon as you select 'Yes', the game will display a spinning icon there (the same spinning icon as shown when you are saving your game) and you need to take note of the starting position of the spinner. The icon spins fairly quickly, so you should be looking at the bottom right corner of the screen before selecting 'Yes' in order to be sure that you are able to see the icon's initial position.

In the B2/W2 Parameter Searcher, select the arrow which corresponds to the spinner's initial position. In the example screenshot above, the spinner was initially pointing to the upper right corner, so you click the arrow which is pointing to the upper right.

Cancel the key transmission and repeat the process again from the point of selecting 'Send and Receive Keys' from the Key System menu, taking note of the initial spinner position each time and entering that position into the B2/W2 Parameter Searcher. You must not exit the Unova Link menu during this process, or the calibration will fail. Once you have done this a minimum of 7 times (the actual minimum depends on the ranges chosen for the various RNG parameters, however with the default values the minimum is 7), you can click the search button.

The result should appear within a few seconds. As in the example above, it is possible that you will get more than one result. The more times you check the spinner, the more accurate the process is, so if you find that you have multiple results you should perform more spinner checks until you are left with only 1 result.

Additional Config Setup
Add the parameters to your DS / Game configuration.

Repeat the process again until you find several more values for Timer0. When using a retail cart on an actual DS system, it is normal to have up to 6 or 7 values for Timer0 (though you will most commonly hit 3 or 4 of them only), while VCount and VFrame should always be the same.

In order to more easily encounter some of the rarer Hidden Grotto Pokemon and items, PPRNG provides a function for searching for seeds which will generate the desired Hidden Grotto contents.

The first step is to examine the details of which Pokemon and items appear in which Hidden Grotto. This table gives those details.

Note that the order in which the grottos are listed is important, because the game decides whether to fill each empty Hidden Grotto every time you walk 256 steps, and it considers each grotto in the order that it is listed in that table (i.e. the grotto in Sangi Ranch is always considered first). In order to simplify the grotto generation process, it's best if all grottos listed before the grotto you are RNGing are already filled, and in fact PPRNG only supports RNGing in this situation.

As an example, let's say that we want to get a female Heracross from the grotto in Lostlorn Forrest in White 2. There are two important things to note in this case: Heracross only appears in groups A, B, and C, and the Lostlorn Forrest grotto is generated after the grottos in Sangi Ranch and Route 5 are considered, so we need to be sure that thosegrottos are already filled.

To search for a seed, open the Hidden Grotto Seed Searcher window and configure it for the item / Pokemon you are RNGing using the information for the table. In the example of Heracross, we need to choose one of the three groups it appears in (A, B, or C), and select the 1% encounter slot. Since we are going for a female, we set the gender to female and we choose 30% female for the ratio, as listed in the table. Then we click search to get the possible seeds for the date selected.

Now, choose a seed with a start time and timer0 value that you like (note that all Hidden Grotto seeds use no held buttons), and perform the following steps to generate your desired hollow contents.

1. Ensure that all grottos listed before your target grotto in this table are filled. Do not empty them when verifying that they are filled.
  2. Enter the grotto you are RNGing, and empty it (take any item / capture or beat any Pokemon that is already there).
  3. Save your game inside the empty grotto. Standing on either the right or left side of the grotto is recommended for ease of subsequent step counting.
  4. Hit your seed.
  5. Take 256 steps in the grotto. The grotto is 8 steps wide, so running from side to side 32 times (16 laps) will give exactly 256 steps.
  6. Exit and reenter the grotto.
  7. If you hit your seed correctly, and all previous grottos were already filled, you will find that your grotto now has the item / Pokemon you were targeting. If you are targeting a Pokemon, you should save next to it and then use the Standard Seed Searcher to find a seed with IVs and a nature that you like. Note that gender is fixed at this point, and that Pokemon encountered in Hidden Grottos cannot be shiny.
  8. If the grotto is empty or contains something other than what you were aiming for, and assuming that you properly verified that all previous grottos were filled, it means that you missed your seed. Go back to step 4 and try again. There is unfortunately no easy way to know what seed you actually hit.
  9. If you find that you are unsuccessful after 15 or so attempts, it's possible that you made a mistake in verifying the status of the previous grottos. In this case it's best to save again (after finding that the grotto is empty or does not contain the desired item / Pokemon) as this will save the status of any newly generated hollow that you may have missed.

The 3DS downloadable application 'Pokemon Dream Radar' gives access to a number of Pokemon with Hidden Abilities. This includes several non-legendary Pokemon not otherwise available with their Hidden Abilities, as well as the Gen 5 genies (Tornados, Thundurus, Landorus) in their Therian Formes and the Gen 4 mascots (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Ho-oh, Lugia).

Prerequisites
You should be familiar with the process of calibrating using the Unova Link IR Key Transmission menu. See the Calibration section above for details.

Important Note 1
The first and most important thing to be aware of when RNGing Dream Radar Pokemon is that the lengendaries can only be received once per game save and there is no resetting after a failure. The act of receiving a Pokemon writes it directly to your game save, so if an error is made in the RNG process (or if you already received a specific legendary on your game without RNGing it), you won't have a second chance without deleting your game save and starting a new game. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you first practice RNGing non-legendary Pokemon from the Dream Radar, as they can be received any number of times.

Important Note 2
Another key point to be aware of is that the entire contents of the Dream Radar application are stored on the SD card of the 3DS. This means that you can -- and definitely should -- take back-ups of the Dream Radar game state before sending Pokemon to your Black 2 or White 2 game by copying the SD card contents (the entire folder named 'Nintendo 3DS') to another device such as your computer. You can later restore a back-up to the SD card and send the same Pokemon to another Black 2 or White 2 game (or in the case of non-legendaries, to the same game you previously sent them to). Doing this is key for being able to send the legendaries to more than one game, as you are only allowed to send them once per Dream Radar game save.

Note that copying the whole 'Nintendo 3DS' folder copies all downloaded games and their save states, not just the Dream Radar. You should therefore be careful when restoring any SD card backups because you will also be overwriting the game states of your other games. The easiest way to deal with this is to have a second SD card that you use only for RNGing on the Dream Radar and leave your main SD card as-is so that you don't accidentally lose any progress in other games. You can of course get by with a single SD card, but you will need to take care to always backup your 'current' card state before overwriting it with a backed-up state.

Important Note 3
All Pokemon currently captured in the Dream Radar application are sent to your Black 2 or White 2 game at the same time. Given the relative rarity of good Dream Radar seeds, it is only realistic to RNG one out of a group of simultaneously received Pokemon, so you will need to choose which will be the target of RNG abuse. Additionally, the exact behavior of the RNG when receiving both legendaries and non-legendaries at the same time has not been researched. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that when RNGing legendaries you have only your target legendary captured. Thankfully, legendaries have separate encounters using the specialized Dream Radar parts and are therefore easy to capture alone. (Note that items do not factor into the RNG process, so you can receive any number of items when RNGing Dream Radar Pokemon without concern.)

Receiving Dream Radar Pokemon

1. Capture your target Pokemon in the Pokemon Dream Radar game and send it to the game cart you will be RNG abusing on.

Start by clearing out any previously captured Pokemon by sending them to any game cart. If there is something you have captured that you might wish to RNG at a later time, take a back-up of your 3DS's SD Card before sending the Pokemon. Once there is nothing remaining to be sent, capture your target Pokemon in the Dream Radar. (Note that since most non-legendaries are random, it may take numerous attempts to encounter and capture your desired Pokemon. This is not a guide to the Dream Radar application.)

Before sending captured Pokemon to your game cartridge, you will have to receive any Pokemon that were previously sent from the Dream Radar. You can of course RNG abuse those as well, however this guide is written as if you are starting from the beginning of the process.

2. Open the Dream Radar Seed Searcher, and configure it appropriately.

Date and Held Buttons
As with other Gen 5 searches, configure the date range and number of buttons. More dates and more buttons means more possible seeds, but a longer search time.

Low Frame
You should never search lower than frame 4, as that would give you fewer than 3 spinner spins (see below) to verify that you've hit your seed. This would mean that you cannot be completely certain that you've hit your seed. (3 spins is not always sufficient either, but less than 3 is basically not usable, especially if you are trying for a one-time legendary and want to be certain that you hit your seed.)

High Frame
PPRNG has a seed cache that supports faster searching up to somewhere between DR frames 35 and 40, depending on various other conditions. You can search for higher frames if you are having difficultly finding a good result or you are looking for seeds on some particular dates, however the search will be much slower.

Dream Radar Info
This is where you configure the information about the Pokemon you are receiving, and it is extremely important that you get this correct.
  • Type
    This refers to the three different types of Pokemon you can receive from the DR: non-legendary, the genies (in Therian forme), and the 4th generation legendary mascots. Choose the appropriate one.
  • Slot
    This is the position (as shown in the DR application) of the Pokemon when receiving more than one at the same time. It starts with slot 1 on the left and goes up to slot 6. This is also true for the legendaries, however you should never receive more than one legendary at the same time (unless you find yourself with no other choice for whatever reason), nor should you receive a mix of legendaries and non-legendaries at the same time, as the exact behavior in that situation is not researched.
    Legendaries have either no gender or a fixed gender, however for non-legendaries you should choose the gender and ratio corresponding to the Pokemon you are receiving. If you are receiving a gendered Pokemon for the first time, you won't actually know what gender it is, however DR Pokemon seem to be female more often than male so you should be fine choosing that. The only thing that is critical to get correct here is whether the Pokemon is gendered or genderless, as genderless Pokemon are generated in a slightly different way from gendered ones and getting this setting wrong will result in an incorrect nature. (Note that if you set the wrong gender for a gendered Pokemon, the characteristic that PPRNG displays for that Pokemon will be incorrect.)
  • Number of Genderless Pokemon in Preceding Slots
    If you are targeting a non-legendary Pokemon on slot 2 or higher, you need to specify how many of the Pokemon in the lower slots are genderless. If you don't specify this correctly it will result in an incorrect nature. For legendary Pokemon (which you should never have in a slot higher than 1…) this setting is unnecessary.
Desired Results
Set your desired IV ranges, hidden power type, and nature.

3. Start the search

And wait for results to start showing up.

4. Find a result that you like, and double-click on it to open it in the Dream Radar Seed Inspector

Note that your seed details are set at the top of the window and your target frame is already selected.

Besides the normal Pokemon stats, there is a column labeled 'Spinner' with an arrow indicating a certain direction. If you are familiar with calibrating your game using the Unova Link Key System IR Transmission functionality then you may already understand its meaning. If you are not yet familiar with how to use the Unova Link Key System IR Transmission functionality to determine your game parameters, please refer to the Calibration section at the beginning of this post before proceeding further.

5. Switch to the Adjacents tab and prepare to hit your seed

The method for advancing Dream Radar frames is to view the IR Key Transmission screen one time for each frame you are skipping. Each time you view the screen, you will note the initial position of the spinner and use that to determine whether you hit your seed as well as which frame you are currently on. If you are familiar with Generation 4 RNG abuse, this process is very similar to using Professor Elm calls.

Switch to the Adjacents tab and click the generate button.

The Adjacents tab shows the spinner patterns for adjacent seeds, and allows you to enter each initial spinner position to determine which seed you have hit. It usually only takes 3 spins to be fairly certain which seed you have hit.

6. Reset and attempt to hit your seed

Just as if you were attempting to hit a standard seed, set the date and time on your DS and restart with the appropriate held buttons in order to hit your seed.

Once you reach the main menu of the game, enter the Unova Link menu and proceed to the Key System. Begin the process of activating the IR Key Transmission function to determine the initial spinner position, entering that position into the Adjacents tab searcher, cancelling out of the IR Transmission, and then repeating the process until you have determined which seed you have hit. If you missed your seed, reset and try again.

A miss...

7. Advance to the correct frame

Once you have hit your seed, take note of the number of spins you have done. In our case, it was 4.

Switch back to the Frames tab. The number of spins you have viewed so far is equal to the number of frame advances, so you will need to continue doing IR Transmission spins to advance to your target frame. In our example we advanced 4 frames when verifying the seed so we are currently on frame 5 (meaning that if we received the Pokemon now, it would match frame 5 in the Frames tab).

Our target frame is 31, so we need to advance 26 more times, which is done by viewing the Key System IR Transmission spinner 26 times. The Spinner column in the Frames tab shows what the spinner position should be for each frame to help you keep track of your current position. In the above example, the next spinner position would be pointing up, and after viewing that you would be on frame 6. Looking at our target frame of 31 (see screenshot at step 4), the final spinner position we would see before receiving our Pokemon would be up-right, the position shown in the Spinner column of frame 30.

8. Receive your Pokemon

After you have advanced to the correct frame (i.e. you have viewed all spinner positions shown up to the frame before your target frame), exit back to the top level Unova Link menu. Do not exit the Unova Link completely as this will reseed your game and ruin your RNG attempt.

Access the Nintendo 3DS Link menu, and receive your Pokemon. If everything was done correctly, you should now have your successfully RNG abused Dream Radar Pokemon waiting for you in your in-game box. Enjoy!
Same on RNG Reporter, I assume?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

so as you can tell it's ignoring the fact that I set the SpA to 30. I've also noticed it does this when doing other custom searches (mostly breeding).

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Same on RNG Reporter, I assume?
I expect so, but the functionality isn't in RNG Reporter yet.

so as you can tell it's ignoring the fact that I set the SpA to 30. I've also noticed it does this when doing other custom searches (mostly breeding).
I can't reproduce this behavior. Can you give me the exact steps (as detailed as possible) that you used to set up and run your search? I'm confused why the drop down menu says Custom when you are doing a Special Hidden Power Flawless search.

Agonist

Flawless Hidden Power sets the Atk IV to a minimum of 2, and will search for any HP 70. What I'm aiming for is 31/31/31/30/30/31.

Anyway, after setting my parameters, I set the date range, then changed min IVs for 31/31/31/30/30/31, and max IVs to 31/31/31/30/30/31, that way I should only be able to get that spread. I then set the nature to Hasty and ran the search.

Would you accept that it would eat your phone's battery the same way as a high end 3D game and likely be slower and harder to use than the desktop version?

How much money would you be willing to pay for said handy little portable app?
Since he hasn't responded, I would be willing to pay anywhere from $20-$50 for this iPhone app. I definitely have wanted to RNG "on the go" and if it included a timer in the app, it would be perfect.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Flawless Hidden Power sets the Atk IV to a minimum of 2, and will search for any HP 70. What I'm aiming for is 31/31/31/30/30/31.

Anyway, after setting my parameters, I set the date range, then changed min IVs for 31/31/31/30/30/31, and max IVs to 31/31/31/30/30/31, that way I should only be able to get that spread. I then set the nature to Hasty and ran the search.
Are you able to reproduce the bug every time you try the above? I have tried manually setting the parameters as you did, but at some point the program detects that it's a hidden power spread and changes the IV pattern drop down automatically to that (which actually resets the ATK IV to 0-31, which is a small bug). The point is, though, that the only way that I can get the IV Pattern menu to show 'Custom' by the end of setting the IVs is if I actually go and change it to 'Custom' manually myself. So, I'd really like to know the exact steps you are following to set up the IVs and Hidden Power in fine detail. Something like:

1. Set Min HP to 31.
2. Set Max HP to 31.
13. Check Hidden Power checkbox. The IV pattern is automatically set to 'Special Hidden Power Flawless' and the IV stat is reset to min 0, max 31.
14. Set min ATK to 31 again.

I understand that it's a tedious thing to do, but if I can't reproduce the bug I can't fix it.

Since he hasn't responded, I would be willing to pay anywhere from $20-$50 for this iPhone app. I definitely have wanted to RNG "on the go" and if it included a timer in the app, it would be perfect.
Those are very generous numbers! I would imagine that if it happened it would be in the $1 - $5 range so that it would be accessible to wider audience, but I do appreciate the encouragement.

Agonist

Sure I can do that, and I'll probably be on IRC later on, so if you're there we can figure it out easier. I'll edit this in (or contact you on IRC) once I get home and try it out.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Sure I can do that, and I'll probably be on IRC later on, so if you're there we can figure it out easier. I'll edit this in (or contact you on IRC) once I get home and try it out.
Any update on this? I'm not on IRC much during the week, unfortunately, but I'm idling, so feel free to MSG me.

Thank you for the update and for the Dream Radar guide!!
When the italian version support will be available?
I'm waiting for DSi info for the various European versions before releasing again.

Agonist

Any update on this? I'm not on IRC much during the week, unfortunately, but I'm idling, so feel free to MSG me.
if I do it your way it doesn't seem to do it, and now I can't seem to replicate it either, so I don't know :/

Ok thank you!
Sorry, another question, I noticed that you used a Phat DS for the Dram Radar Method, is that possible?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Ok thank you!
Sorry, another question, I noticed that you used a Phat DS for the Dram Radar Method, is that possible?
You only need the 3DS to send the Pokemon to your B2W2 game. The actual RNG abuse can be done on any DS type.

Also, if you happen to have a White 2 Italian game and a DSi or 3DS, you could help out all the Italian game users by helping us get the info we need for DSi / 3DS support. Check this post for details.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)