The Feeding Grounds

INTRODUCTION

Hello Smogon! Firstly my overview will be at the end, just to round up the team as I feel when you understand the team and the sets, that the overview will make more sense. Secondly I will start by introducing myself. (skip to next paragraph because this intro may bore you as I tend to ramble) I am EnterRAYZOR’s and I have only been competitive battling since the beginning of the BW1 and I will be the first to admit I’m by far not the best. (Highest rating was 82 on PO) However since BW2, I have found I that I have been much more successful. I have created a few teams, and have a relatively good success with. However this team that I’m showing you here today is by far the best and most fun to play with. My usual team style is always offense. And this team is no exception to that rule. Okay so basically I wanted to try out some underrated threats and make them work in OU. So here is the team! (sorry for rambling)

And can I just say, “This is NOT a Trick Room Team!” - Thank you

TEAM AT A GLANCE

My Wins to Losses with Final Version (haven’t laddered yet)

Kills Per Pokémon For My 18 games with the team: (103 total)
Terrakion – 20
Tyranitar – 12
Cofagrigus – 18
Reuniclus – 17
Stoutland – 18
Genesect - 18

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

The majority of teams (in my opinion) are rain. So I decided to try my luck at sandstorm, as its my favourite weather and has a powerful inducer in T-Tar. I went for the especially defensive variant with SR so that I have rocks support and a bulky weather inducer that can last long enough for the weather war to be won.

Next I added banded Terrakion. In sandstorm Terrakion is a monster and his CC hits so hard even scoring a lot of resisted 2HKO’s, as well as abusing teams with Chansey, blissey, and Tyranitar, simply as they switch into my CC’s.

Next I decided to add reuniclus as my psychic type. This was to take the SE affective fighting type attacks that would be aimed at my Tyranitar and Terrakion. I went for the 3 attacks + trick room at first.

With three common OU pokes already on my team I decided to look through the lower tiers, and couldn’t really decide on a Pokémon to add. So I decided to add a random Pokémon, so using the random Pokémon generator I added Cofagrigus. And with my Reuniclus been TR, I decided to go for an offensive special set with nasty plot.

Next I added Genesect, as my scarfer because in the current metagame Genesect is (In my opinion) a huge threat to all teams.

Then I went for a Gengar. This was to take EQ’s that my team doesn’t enjoy, though Gengar didn’t feel to have any place in my team as its too frail, and as my team isn’t too bulky, I often had to fodder before bringing him in.

Looking at my team and how there is a lot of variation in speed, I decided to add a Prankster Tailwind user in Tornadus. This was the switch that made this team potent. Tornadus basically completely counters all the faster sweepers that are threats to my team, as I just Tailwind and then can go into the appropriate Pokémon.

Tornadus was good, however, I often found myself using him early game, because of its ground immunity, and he is weak to SR, and isn’t often around late game. (Not often enough)I was still swept by Alakazam if they had a sash too, due to its near perfect coverage on my team. So I decided to go for a choice banded Stout land as I out speed, can hit Zam for SE, as well as having a 153bp STAB. This change was useful, and it helped me win a lot more games. However I wanted to see if I could do better.

Sandslash. Another huge RU threat that can be a huge destructive force after a SD. Still beating Alakazam’s, and Gengars, and Starmies, as well as half of the metagame with its STAB EQ. And Sandslash still keeps the massive speed that makes this team fun to use as there’s a huge variation in threats and play style.

I then was reading Gamester’s RMT “Euthanasia” and honestly, I was like” I’m going back to choice bandana Stoutland!” (Kanye West is my favourite rapper)

My team had huge difficulty dealing with Rotom-W (and some other waters). Nothing resists water or electric. A huge flaw in my team, when I’m in a metagame infested with little green frogs (Politoed) to rectify this I swapped out Genesect for Virizion. Virizion gave my team near beautiful synergy and much more bulk. It was almost perfect. That was until I ran into Scizor. Scizors BP was unresisted by my team, and this was a far too common threat to have destroying my team.

So Genesect came back. And with a good tweak to his move set he provided great offensive synergy and coverage. Then I finalized each individual Pokémon’s move set and Ev spread, individually and this is the current (final) version of my team.

UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL

TYRANITAR @ Choice Band
Trait : Sand Stream
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 Atk / 88 Hp / 56 Sp Def / 112 Spe
Moveset:
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitars role on the majority of Sandstorm teams is the same. Nothing new here. Just get up Sandstorm. With the added –onus of your Special Defence boost. (I’ve never even tried Hippowdon) However instead of the all too common approach to winning the weather war, I decided that taking an offensive approach in simply using my weather inducer to trap there’s, would also work. I rarely lead with my Tyranitar against weather teams simply due to the fact that I want their inducer at around 50% health before I switch in my Dinosaur to trap and kill them. In contrast, against weatherless teams, I usually lead with Tyranitar get up rocks then either switch or simply fodder him, as his job is done and the rest of the team will a-use the crap out of his lead.
The Evs that I have chosen are to give me maximum attack, to ensure their inducer gets hit very hard with my Choice Banded Pursuit. 88 into Hp and 56 into Special Defence are to give me decent Special bulk inside of my own Sandstorm, that will help with sponging SE Hydro Pumps from Politoed. The 112 Speed Evs are to allow me out speed base 70’s. Adamant nature to go along with the attack Evs to ensure I “Pack A Punch” (Call Of Duty Reference...) with every hit. Pursuit is the move I use the most. I use Tyranitar primarily against weather Inducers. However I won’t hesitate to trap the unexpecting Starmie, or Lati dragon. (among others) I use Crunch when I predict a switch, that I want to hit hard, but I don’t want to miss. Witch STAB Crunch has 120 Bp so its not to be taken lightly. Stone Edge basically swats flying types out of the sky, whilst hitting switch ins (preferably weather inducers) for HUGE damage. The Choice Band is so that I can effectively win the weather war easier and have more leeway when I pursuit as it will do more damage as well as turning Tyranitar into a “Destructive God” (Doing large amounts of damage to walls like Blissey and Skarm). Stealth Rock on a choiced set may seem weird but I have never actually had any real trouble with that if I’m honest.

TERRAKION @ Salac Berry
Trait: Justified
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Moveset:
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Terrakion is on every team I have made since its release. Always with a choiced set, simply due to its amazing offensive dominance. The Banded set was my favourite as it can easily bluff a scarfed set whilst delivering its WMD (Close Combat) With the release of Salac Berry however, I decided to give that a go on a set. The obvious choice was to go with a Substitute Swords Dance set. Maximising this predators speed. This set I have found to be devastating. Against offense I can bluff a scarf and get up a sub, and then try to sweep, and against stall I can get off A SD giving me 714 attack stat. Easily enough to break through the majority of walls with ease. The SpDef boost also adds a tad more bulk to this guy making him just that little bit harder to defeat. The Justified boost is rare thing unless against another sand team (Tyranitar) or a sucker punch user (only come across toxicroak) but it does come in handy every so often. Terrakion also got the most kills in my 18 games with this final version of the team.
I use close combat and stone edge as my two attacking moves. These are both STAB and have very good neutral coverage between them. Making Terrakion a threat at all times. (Especially if I grab a SD) I run max speed so that I have more offensive prowess when I step on the field as I out speed more threats, and also in case I don’t manage to get the Salac Berry speed boost. Max Evs in attack and speed, to ensure I strike first the majority of the time whilst having enough raw power to charge through teams.
Terrakion however does hate Scizor. Scizor is the only consistent counter to this monstrosity as it does have a STAB priority SE Bullet Punch that ruins this guys day. Most common switch ins however such as Gliscor, struggle if I play smart and predict well, and am capable to get a SD off. Other switch ins get a nasty surprise when they realize I am not a choiced set. However Scizor is still a nightmare for this guy.

REUNICLUS @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
Nature: Modest
Evs: 252 Hp/ 252 SpAtk/ 4 Def
Moveset:
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Reuniclus joined my team as I looked through the OU list, and realized my teams in the past always get torn apart by any Reuniclus. So I added him, and it turns out there are a lot more teams that fall apart against him than just mine, and honestly I can’t understand why this guy isn’t used as much as more common threats such as Terrakion. Also thanks his Magic Guard ability he can function as complete Status fodder, not caring about Poison, Burn, Or Paralysis - seen as he is so slow anyway. He also isn't affected by the residual Sandstorm damage or entry hazards. I decided to abuse his offensive prowess and ability by using a Life Orb Trick Room set that can support my team whilst at the same time can go into a ridiculously quick Special Sweeper in one turn. He is the only user of Trick Room on my team (As my team is by no means a Trick Room team!) He and Cofagrigus form a Trick Room core whilst he also is part of a classic Psychic, Dark, Fighting core alongside Terrakion and Tyranitar. With 110/75/85 defense stats he also has decent bulk which helps him pull off the Trick Room if necessary whilst at the same time lets him fire off an attack if that’s the better play. To sum up Reuniclus acts as the "glue" to my team, as he supports with Typing and move set, but also by trying to steer the game my direction and give my team the win.

The modest nature is simply so Reuniclus is a threat under his own Trick Room and so he can turn a lot of 2HKO's into 1HKO's with a massive 383 Special Attack stat and Life Orb. The Evs, are so that he can tank hits slightly better with his natural bulk, whilst still maximising his Special attack. As for the move set, Trick Room was chosen to support my team members - namely Tyranitar and Cofagrigus - whilst giving him huge offensive prowess against unprepared teams that lack large amounts of priority. Psyshock was chosen over Psychic as my STAB move of choice to help deal with Specially Defensive Blissey and Eviolite Chansey (The latter of the two less so as that usually falls to a Close Combat) as well as still hitting fighting types hard such as opposing, Terrakion, Conkeldurr, Toxicroak and Infernape (watching out for sucker punch's and U-Turns respectively) Shadow Ball and Focus blast where chosen for coverage as they have perfect neutral coverage together.

COFAGRIGUS @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
Nature: Modest
Evs: 252 Hp/ 252 SpAtk/ 4 Def
Moveset:
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Whilst this Pokémon was selected randomly, and I have never before contemplated using him. Yet he has been a huge underrated threat to many teams, as no one knows what to do against a offensive Cofagrigus, as I am yet to play anyone that has made what I would call a "good" switch in to it. Most see it as a stall poke and just bring in there weather inducer. And unless I’m against sun, this guy has it covered.
He also forms part of my Trick Room core with Reuniclus (and sometimes Genesect) Under trick room, Cofagrigus can really hurt the frail offensive threats that swarm OU at the moment. Due to his coverage and bulkiness I use him as a lead against rain teams, if I predict a Politoed lead. As well as whenever I predict the ever so common Genesect as they only U-Turn out and I get a free shot on the switch. Thanks to "Mummy", this tomb has the ability to lay to rest many more threats than it usually would. For instance, Sandslash and Stoutland turn from feared sweepers into pathetic NU standard Pokémon. As well as stopping the infamous Scizor in his tracks, as he loses his technician boost, and becomes much less powerful, allowing for my pokes to actually take a bullet punch much more comfortably. Jirachi also becomes much less affective without its Serene Grace. He also makes Poison heal and guts Pokémon hurt them self which I personally find hilarious!

The Evs that I have chosen are so that Cofagrigus can have a huge amount of physical bulk and more special bulk thanks to the max Hp investment. The modest nature and 252 SpAtk are simply so this guy is a threat, in all scenarios but especially in Trick Room. Nasty Plot was chosen as with one boost it raises my Mummys SpAtk stat to 632 which is easily enough to scare any wall. (Even you Blissey... If I get two more off..) Shadow Ball was chosen as STAB (120 base power) Hidden Power [Fighting] was chosen to support my STAB, giving me perfect neutral cover. Finally Energy Ball was chosen to help my team deal with water types that look like a problem for my team (which actually aren’t thanks to my offensive synergy and game plan) specifically Politoed though, as Cofagrigus can surprise the little frog which along with Tyranitars pursuit, wins me the weather war. The item choice is simply to negate sandstorm damage, giving Cofagrigus longer to strike fear in its chosen prey.

Trait: Mummy
Walls and makes useless:
Sandslash
Stoutland

Escape:
dugtrio

Stop Moxie boost sweepers:
Salamence
Gyarados

Remove Sturdy:
Skarmory
Donphan
Forretress

Stops Technician:
Scizor
Breloom

Stops poison heal and guts:
Breloom
Gliscor
Conkeldurr

STOUTLAND @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Moveset:
- Frustration
- Pursuit
- Wild Charge
- Superpower

Stoutland is a severely underused Pokémon. Admittedly he has little use outside of sandstorm. However inside of a Sandstorm he is a threat to a lot of teams in the late game. In the sandstorm I must play Stoutland carefully with Reuniclus’s Trick Room and be careful not to bring him in during it. However In other weather such as rain, Stoutland can usually use Trick Room. Stoutland hardly ever finds himself switching into an attack, despite his reasonable bulk and base 85/ 90/ 90 defences. Seen as he is always around late game, usually late game I am week to Mach Punch as Terrakion usually finds himself still around with the dog. However with good strategy and baring that in mind I can play around it and get rid of the potential threat early game. Usually with Reuniclus.
The moves that I have chosen are simple. Frustration sounds cooler than Return but is the same move. Superpower was chosen along side Frustration as Frustration is only resisted by Rock and Steel which are both hit for super effective damage by Superpower. Despite the Bug Steels types and the Psychic Steel types that ruin Stoutlands day. Wild Charge was chosen for its help to hit Rain teams hard – especially Gyarados, whilst taking a slight amount of recoil that doesn’t really bother Stoutland too much. Pursuit makes this guy an effective revenge killer throughout the game as he is fast and they can’t escape anyway. I rarely lock myself into this move as Frustration is preferred any day. I have chosen the adamant nature simply so that in a Sandstorm (Which is the only place I ever “Intend” on him being) he has his maximum attack stat that will allow him to be bigger threat to teams. Even if outside of Sandstorm he becomes much worse because of it. The Choice Bandana is to make sure I hit as big as possible with Stoutland.

GENESECT @ Expert Belt
Trait: Download
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 Spe/ 252 SpAtk/ 4 Hp
- Rock Polish
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

In past teams, a scarf Genesect has always been my preferred option, just for its Incredible scouting ability and late game sweepin ability. I truely do beleve it to be the most versatile and effective pokemon generally in the metagame. However. With my team having Trick Room, I decided to go for a Rock Polish set. This is largly due to the fact that no poke that this guy can hit for SE damage will stay in fearing the scarf. And there switch in is often hurt by another of my moves. Also under Trick Room Genesect outspeeds a huge amount of threats that he would with a scarf, and not under Trick Room, a well timed Rock Polish can completely destroy teams as he reaches a Speed stat of .... . All in all I have been having a lot of fun with Genesect since its release, and I like playing around and tricking people with it. Its Download Ability also gives him the chanse to gain + 1 in special attack which is very nice (especially with a Rock Polish) giving him a 509 Special Attack stat and a 652 Speed stat.

The Evs and nature that I have chosen are so that I have max speed in normal environments, (which isn’t enough against some teams but a Trick Room or Rock Polish quickly render that.) whilst having a high special attack stat, that can become more threatening after a Download boost. Rock Polish is on the set so that if I get a free opportunity to grab the boost, then I can have the game. The attack moves that I have chosen are simply for coverage. I have chosen Ice Beam so that Flying Dragon types such as Dragonite, and Salamence are wrecked. As well as other Flying types such as Landorus and the Therians. Flamethrower is chosen predominantly to hit Scizor, Ferrothorn, opposing Genesect and other Steel types. I also run Giga Drain. This is the move that actually really useful as it nails Pokémon such as Rotom-W and Politoed but also because of the handy health regain that I get, that just makes Genesect harder and more awkward to take down. Giga Drain also catches 90% of Terrakion off guard which can really ruin their day as I go back to full Hp. Expert Belt was chosen simply so that I can bluff a choiced set whilst dealing a tonne of SE damage to a lot of threats thanks to Genesects amazing coverage.

OVERVIEW

Okay, the ideas and concept behind this team are quite simple. And that is that not many teams can handle all of these threats and environments. So by abusing them, and having the game constantly on my terms the opponents team struggle to do anything about it. Hyper Offense gets ruined by my Trick Room and my more offensive pokes. Stall gets hurt by my wall breakers, despite it being less common in this meta. And balanced teams that I’ve played have always been seriously hurt by one of my pokes at least. And baton pass, I kind of rely on Trick Room and crits, but I don’t see that kind of tem as that big a threat, and I haven’t lost against it yet anyway.
All in all feel free to leave a rate, as every rate will be largely appreciated.

CLOSING WORDS

If you liked the team please click in the top right of the thread and leave a Luvdisc. And If you want to play a few games against me or battle me sometime, just VM me. Hope you liked the team!

LAST LOOK AT THE TEAM

PS: I'm just realizing that this team is nearly a monogen team so if you have any suggestions on that then they too are welcome.

CREDITS: PLEASE READ
Firstly a HUGE thanks to Prohawk and Brutaka for the banners and thankyou to everyone who leaves a rate! Everything is hugely appreciated as it has taken me a while to get this finished. Also a MASSIVE thanks to anyone who leaves a luvdisc! I am new here so any recognition by any of you more "prestigious" members will be highly welcomed.
Thanks Everyone

This isnt a rate cause i cant give one but trust me when i say you dont wont to be locked in pursuit unless you're a tyranitar or a scizor so i would recommend crunch>pursuit

another change that i would suggest on stoutland is
Return>Frustration because Stoutland gets STAB on return and hits more harder.

Know these suggestion suck but its all i have atm.

This isnt a rate cause i cant give one but trust me when i say you dont wont to be locked in pursuit unless you're a tyranitar or a scizor so i would recommend crunch>pursuit

another change that i would suggest on stoutland is
Return>Frustration because Stoutland gets STAB on return and hits more harder.

Know these suggestion suck but its all i have atm.
Frustration is normal so I get STAB on that.

But yeah I have only used Pursuit once so ill look into Crunch > Pursuit on Stoutland.

And Its fine! Thanks a lot for the rate.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hi

Got your request, here I am. This is a pretty cool team man, Cofag is a very cool pokemon to use in OU. I would however tweak its set a little bit. Energy Ball isn't offering anything coverage wise, as Ghost + Fighting leaves you with flawless coverage, and they will have all the power you need after a Nasty Plot. I would instead use Trick Room > Energy Ball here. This makes cofag a very self sufficient sweeper, not having to rely on Reuniclus to constantly supply the Trick room, it now has a way of supplying it by its own and can try continue its sweep by letting it outspeed its opponents once again, and can supply the rest of the team with Trick Room as well, and having used CB Ttar under Trick Room I can say it blitzes everything under it!

Now, RP genesect is a very cool set, but I didn't think Giga Drain was a very good move choice for it. Sure hitting Terrakion for SFE damage is cool, but Stoutland and your TR abusers all beat Terrakion under their appropriate condition, so it won't be too hard to get rid of it and it will more than likely be out of the picture by the time your ready to sweep. I would instead use Bug Buzz in this slot. Bug Buzz offers a strong STAB move to muscle through things that are stopping your sweep right now, such as Tyranitar, Reuniclus and other opponents that are hit significantly harder than any of your current moves, which could help you sweep a little bit easier. Also use Modest > Timid as you aren't going to need that extra speed once you've rock polished, and the extra power could come in handy in certain situations

GL with the team

Hi Rayzors :)

This is a pretty creative team and your offensive members work together nicely in breaking down Steel type defensive Pokemon. However, I think it suffers from a somewhat confused strategy as well as some major defensive weaknesses. First of all I think we need to work out a more cohesive general strategy and then we can cover those threats.

So, the team has the makings of an effective Trick Room build, with Reuniclus, CB Tar and Cofagrigus, which are all dangerous TR sweepers. However, the rest of your team, Terrakion and Stoutland especially, derive most of their usefulness from being able to outspeed opposing pokemon, which obviously they can no longer do with Trick Room in play. So I'd suggest going either one way or the other; either use a full, standard offensive Sand team, or else focus the team around abusing Trick Room to bring about a mid to lategame sweep. The first option has been done to death recently so I'm going to be assuming for the rest of the rate that you want a semi-Trick Room team, which is essentially a solid functional core coupled with a TR offensive core.

Now...the most obvious problem is the huge Water weakness. Rain is absolutely dominant in this metagame and every team needs at least one extremely solid Water resist, and preferably two. You're also weak to a fair number of other threats such as Tornadus, pretty much any offensive Grass type, physical Steel attackers such as Scizor and Jirachi, and any Electric type which carries Fighting type coverage (most notably, Thundurus-T).

There are a few ways you can go about fixing these issues. I think that the best way would be to keep Tyranitar / Reuniclus / Cofagrigus / Genesect (with Choice Scarf), and for the remaining members use a Specially Defensive Rotom-W, and one of Amoonguss / Roserade. This covers essentially all the relevant threats to your team, and gives you a nice VoltTurn core which can be used to abuse hazard damage as well as bring your Trick Room abusers in and out of play. For the final member I would actually recommend Roserade, because it provides Spikes support which greatly helps both Reuniclus and Cofagrigus; however, Amoonguss is much much bulkier with Regenerator and handles the likes of boosting Thundurus better thanks to its access to Spore.

Oh and like Asek said, definitely use Trick Room > Energy Ball on Cofag.

Hope that helps, good luck with the team :)

Sets:

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
252 HP / 4 SpAtk / 252 SpDef
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-o-wisp
- Pain Split

Roserade @ Leftovers
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpDef
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Rest

Hi

Got your request, here I am. This is a pretty cool team man, Cofag is a very cool pokemon to use in OU. I would however tweak its set a little bit. Energy Ball isn't offering anything coverage wise, as Ghost + Fighting leaves you with flawless coverage, and they will have all the power you need after a Nasty Plot. I would instead use Trick Room > Energy Ball here. This makes cofag a very self sufficient sweeper, not having to rely on Reuniclus to constantly supply the Trick room, it now has a way of supplying it by its own and can try continue its sweep by letting it outspeed its opponents once again, and can supply the rest of the team with Trick Room as well, and having used CB Ttar under Trick Room I can say it blitzes everything under it!

Now, RP genesect is a very cool set, but I didn't think Giga Drain was a very good move choice for it. Sure hitting Terrakion for SFE damage is cool, but Stoutland and your TR abusers all beat Terrakion under their appropriate condition, so it won't be too hard to get rid of it and it will more than likely be out of the picture by the time your ready to sweep. I would instead use Bug Buzz in this slot. Bug Buzz offers a strong STAB move to muscle through things that are stopping your sweep right now, such as Tyranitar, Reuniclus and other opponents that are hit significantly harder than any of your current moves, which could help you sweep a little bit easier. Also use Modest > Timid as you aren't going to need that extra speed once you've rock polished, and the extra power could come in handy in certain situations

GL with the team
Thanks a lot for the rate!

The idea behind Cofagrigus, is obvioudly just to do damage, sweep when possible, whilst been bulky, however energy ball also lets him nail waters. ino i have perfect coverage, however nothing resists water on my team. this guy is y only answer to:
choice Band Azumarill

And is good against
Politoed
Rotom W
Terrakion

3 very common pokemon + 1 who spells instant loss. Even with Trick Room Cofagrigus wouldnt stop Azumarill. Politoed wouldnt be hurt as much, meaning i could ridk losing the weather war. And Rotom W is just awkward to my team.

That been said, i will try out your set.

Genesect however, i really like that idea, as ye my team does handle Terrakion well, so I shall definatly try that out.

Thanks for the advice,
Ill let you know how it goes :)

Hi Rayzors :)

This is a pretty creative team and your offensive members work together nicely in breaking down Steel type defensive Pokemon. However, I think it suffers from a somewhat confused strategy as well as some major defensive weaknesses. First of all I think we need to work out a more cohesive general strategy and then we can cover those threats.

So, the team has the makings of an effective Trick Room build, with Reuniclus, CB Tar and Cofagrigus, which are all dangerous TR sweepers. However, the rest of your team, Terrakion and Stoutland especially, derive most of their usefulness from being able to outspeed opposing pokemon, which obviously they can no longer do with Trick Room in play. So I'd suggest going either one way or the other; either use a full, standard offensive Sand team, or else focus the team around abusing Trick Room to bring about a mid to lategame sweep. The first option has been done to death recently so I'm going to be assuming for the rest of the rate that you want a semi-Trick Room team, which is essentially a solid functional core coupled with a TR offensive core.

Now...the most obvious problem is the huge Water weakness. Rain is absolutely dominant in this metagame and every team needs at least one extremely solid Water resist, and preferably two. You're also weak to a fair number of other threats such as Tornadus, pretty much any offensive Grass type, physical Steel attackers such as Scizor and Jirachi, and any Electric type which carries Fighting type coverage (most notably, Thundurus-T).

There are a few ways you can go about fixing these issues. I think that the best way would be to keep Tyranitar / Reuniclus / Cofagrigus / Genesect (with Choice Scarf), and for the remaining members use a Specially Defensive Rotom-W, and one of Amoonguss / Roserade. This covers essentially all the relevant threats to your team, and gives you a nice VoltTurn core which can be used to abuse hazard damage as well as bring your Trick Room abusers in and out of play. For the final member I would actually recommend Roserade, because it provides Spikes support which greatly helps both Reuniclus and Cofagrigus; however, Amoonguss is much much bulkier with Regenerator and handles the likes of boosting Thundurus better thanks to its access to Spore.

Oh and like Asek said, definitely use Trick Room > Energy Ball on Cofag.

Hope that helps, good luck with the team :)

Sets:
Really good rate! Thanks

Hmmmm I really do like your suggestions! Especially a Roserade! Never even contenplated using one, and yes a semi Trick Room team sounds like a plan. However, im losing my sand abusers if i do as you suggested, does this make my Tar redundant for a different poke? I dont like the idea of being weatherless at all, as i feel abusers are much more effective, and without them i see it as a dissadvantage.

Ill try out the sets now :) ill let you know tonight how it goes :) thanks for the rate

Ps: yeah i thought it was quite creative too, got bored of generic teams

peng

fuck xatu
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just wondering, how much have you actually used this team? Your list of Pokemon that Cofagrigus beats thanks to Mummy is actually pretty inaccurate, because most of them actually rarely run contact moves. Sandslash, Breloom, Dugtrio, Donphan, Forretress and Gliscor will never get Mummy because Earthquake, Rock Slide, Bullet Seed etc are non-contact moves. Also Forretress / Skarmory just get spikes in your face as you set-up so I'm not really sure what the big deal about removing their Sturdy is, even if they do decide to Gyro Ball / Brave Bird you for whatever reason. Neither are staying in on you once they see Nasty Plot anyway and you aren't hitting them for much at +0 regardless.

Anyway onto the actual rate. The lack of water resists is a massive issue and as a result you are incredibly weak to threats such as Specs Politoed and Keldeo. On top of this you are also weak to stuff like LO Tornadus-T and Rock Polish Landorus. I'd like to second Bubbly's suggestion of Specially Defensive Rotom-W except use a spread of 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef, which guarantees an OHKO on 252 HP Gliscor with Hydro Pump. This gives you a nice counter to Tornadus-T, as well as being a good switch-in to Water-type attacks and being a decent check to RP Landorus. I'd probably recommend replacing Cofagrigus for it because I honestly don't see what sort of teams its matching-up well against, and unless you get Trick Room and Nasty Plot up you won't be doing much anyway. This is very hard to pull-off and you've only have a total of 2 turns to actually do anything after setting-up Trick Room, switching to Cofagrigus and then using Nasty Plot, and I don't think all this set-up is really worth it considering how weak Cofagrigus is even at +2.

Your team was already quite weak to Breloom but this change just amplifies that even more, so we need a fix for that. You'd also preferably want another Water resist and I'd really like to find a way to move Stealth Rock away from Tyranitar so you can run Superpower / Earthquake. The best Pokemon to do all these things is Celebi, who you could run over Stoutland or Reuniclus. I personally don't find Stoutland too effective without Magnezone / Gothitelle support and it has a wide range of counters that your team doesn't really lure in and weaken at all really, so I think you should drop it for Celebi. By using Stealth Rock on Celebi you can use Superpower on Tyranitar. Celebi is a natural fit for this team since it brings that second Water resist, patches up the Keldeo and SpecsToed weakness nicely and also gives you a good counter to RP Landorus.

Losing Stoutland means you are going to have a lot of trouble with boosting Dragons, so as Bubbly said, use Scarf Genesect to allow you to revenge-kill them. ScarfMence remains an issue, especially combined with Deoxys-D who gets SR and Spikes easily on this team, but yeah its just one of those things you'll need to plan far in advance for and not rack-up too much entry hazard damage on Genesect early in the game. TR Reuniclus generally does decently against Deo-D offense anyway so I think you should be okay.

Sets:

Rotom-W @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split / Rest

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 176 HP / 152 SAtk / 180 Spd
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

tl;dr
- SDef Rotom-W over Cofagrigus
- Celebi over Stoutland (EV spread + Nature is very open, Ferrothorn is another option if you want another steel although its much worse vs Keldeo)
- Superpower Tyranitar over Stealth Rock
- Scarf Genesect

gl

Really awesome team and well presented :) Wondering if "Prohawk and Brutaka" wouldn't mind makin' me some sexy banners for my RMT ;P

Anyhow this team looks really strong, and so I will try my best to find a flaw lol ^^
First off, I guess Landorus-T with or without a Scarf, running either set (although Sand Force looks like it'll do some more damage) might be problematic for your team if Genesect doesn't have a +2 or if Terrakion isn't behind a Sub OR if Cofag hasn't negated his ability. Running Scarf on Genesect looks a bit favorable here, or maybe Air Balloon? I'm sure you have your ways of dealing with Landorus-I, but yea, this was my little two cents :P
*Luvdisk'd this*

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright. I got your rate request, so here I am. Nice team, by the way. First off, use Defensive Celebi over Cofagrigus. This gives you a sure-fire counter to Breloom, Sheer Force Landorus, Politoed, and Keldeo, all of which pose massive threats to your team. However, Therian Tornadus remains a problem, since it can break apart your entire team with its Superpower and STAB Hurricane alone. To resolve that issue, I'd recommend using Specially Defensive Zapdos over Genesect. It holds up surprisingly well against Chlorophyll sweepers, which appear to be a mild nuisance for your team to face should Tyranitar be untimely eliminated, and Agility Therian Thundurus, which could possibly sweep your whole team without too much effort.

As for minor nitpicks, I have a few to make for your team. For one, Tyranitar doesn't need all that Speed to beat uninvested base 70s. If your goal was to beat the uninvested base 70 group, then you only need 76 Speed EVs. The rest can be tossed into HP. However, should you want to speed creep Skarmory and Jellicent, then only 100 Speed EVs are needed. Just dump the rest of the EVs into HP. Also, if you do follow my advice and fix up the EVs, give Celebi Stealth Rock and replace that slot with Superpower. Regarding Reuniclus (oh my gosh alliteration), I'd like you to try out an EV spread of 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA over your current EV spread, and Hidden Power Fire over Shadow Ball. The EV spread change gives Reuniclus more balanced defenses, while giving opposing Genesect an Attack boost, giving it more of an encouragement to U-turn, only to take a Hidden Power Fire to the face. This also works against Scizor, which appears to be a problem for your team to face. The loss of Shadow Ball shouldn't be too significant for your team, since Tyranitar and Stoutland deal with Latios and Latias rather efficiently. A summarized list of changes can be found below.

Sets:

Celebi @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Calm | 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe | 2 Atk / 30 Def
Giga Drain | Recover | Hidden Power [Ice] | Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Leftovers | Pressure
Calm | 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD | 2 Atk / 30 Def
Thunderbolt | Heat Wave | Hidden Power | Roost

Nitpicks:

88 HP / 252 Atk / 56 SpD / 112 Spe ----> 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe OR 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Stealth Rock ----> Superpower

252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA ----> 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
Shadow Ball ----> Hidden Power Fire

I don't have much else to say. Good luck with your team!

Just wondering, how much have you actually used this team? Your list of Pokemon that Cofagrigus beats thanks to Mummy is actually pretty inaccurate, because most of them actually rarely run contact moves. Sandslash, Breloom, Dugtrio, Donphan, Forretress and Gliscor will never get Mummy because Earthquake, Rock Slide, Bullet Seed etc are non-contact moves. Also Forretress / Skarmory just get spikes in your face as you set-up so I'm not really sure what the big deal about removing their Sturdy is, even if they do decide to Gyro Ball / Brave Bird you for whatever reason. Neither are staying in on you once they see Nasty Plot anyway and you aren't hitting them for much at +0 regardless.

Anyway onto the actual rate. The lack of water resists is a massive issue and as a result you are incredibly weak to threats such as Specs Politoed and Keldeo. On top of this you are also weak to stuff like LO Tornadus-T and Rock Polish Landorus. I'd like to second Bubbly's suggestion of Specially Defensive Rotom-W except use a spread of 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef, which guarantees an OHKO on 252 HP Gliscor with Hydro Pump. This gives you a nice counter to Tornadus-T, as well as being a good switch-in to Water-type attacks and being a decent check to RP Landorus. I'd probably recommend replacing Cofagrigus for it because I honestly don't see what sort of teams its matching-up well against, and unless you get Trick Room and Nasty Plot up you won't be doing much anyway. This is very hard to pull-off and you've only have a total of 2 turns to actually do anything after setting-up Trick Room, switching to Cofagrigus and then using Nasty Plot, and I don't think all this set-up is really worth it considering how weak Cofagrigus is even at +2.

Your team was already quite weak to Breloom but this change just amplifies that even more, so we need a fix for that. You'd also preferably want another Water resist and I'd really like to find a way to move Stealth Rock away from Tyranitar so you can run Superpower / Earthquake. The best Pokemon to do all these things is Celebi, who you could run over Stoutland or Reuniclus. I personally don't find Stoutland too effective without Magnezone / Gothitelle support and it has a wide range of counters that your team doesn't really lure in and weaken at all really, so I think you should drop it for Celebi. By using Stealth Rock on Celebi you can use Superpower on Tyranitar. Celebi is a natural fit for this team since it brings that second Water resist, patches up the Keldeo and SpecsToed weakness nicely and also gives you a good counter to RP Landorus.

Losing Stoutland means you are going to have a lot of trouble with boosting Dragons, so as Bubbly said, use Scarf Genesect to allow you to revenge-kill them. ScarfMence remains an issue, especially combined with Deoxys-D who gets SR and Spikes easily on this team, but yeah its just one of those things you'll need to plan far in advance for and not rack-up too much entry hazard damage on Genesect early in the game. TR Reuniclus generally does decently against Deo-D offense anyway so I think you should be okay.

Sets:

Rotom-W @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split / Rest

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 176 HP / 152 SAtk / 180 Spd
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

tl;dr
- SDef Rotom-W over Cofagrigus
- Celebi over Stoutland (EV spread + Nature is very open, Ferrothorn is another option if you want another steel although its much worse vs Keldeo)
- Superpower Tyranitar over Stealth Rock
- Scarf Genesect

gl
Thankyou for the rate.
Ive used this team loads. Well, ive done about 20 games with every version of the team, and cofagrigus hasnt changed, so yeah. Quite a lot. And Gliscor has never hurt itself on me, but Breloom has and i just presumed Gliscor would do too... eventually...( Wasnt really thinking when i put his name down)

Anyhow, I do really like the idea of Celebi over Stoutland (or Roserade over Stoutland as suggested earlier) Having rocks on Celebi would turn Tyranitar into more of a beast too.
So ill test that asap.

However I like Cofagrigus way too much. Ino that may not be in the best intrest of the team, however he is really usefull and he makes scarf mence much less of a threat as without moxie he is just stuck in to one move. Aswell as him been really good under TR. however ill be sure to try it.

Thankyou for such a good rate!

Really awesome team and well presented :) Wondering if "Prohawk and Brutaka" wouldn't mind makin' me some sexy banners for my RMT ;P

Anyhow this team looks really strong, and so I will try my best to find a flaw lol ^^
First off, I guess Landorus-T with or without a Scarf, running either set (although Sand Force looks like it'll do some more damage) might be problematic for your team if Genesect doesn't have a +2 or if Terrakion isn't behind a Sub OR if Cofag hasn't negated his ability. Running Scarf on Genesect looks a bit favorable here, or maybe Air Balloon? I'm sure you have your ways of dealing with Landorus-I, but yea, this was my little two cents :P
*Luvdisk'd this*
THANKYOU FOR THE LUVDISC :D :D first one ever :D
Haha
As for Lando..
Yeah i dont tend to get destroyed by him. Hes usually brought in late game, so some of my pokes are hurt. So i fodder one. Then if its special attack or physical i handel it differently.
Special
Fodder - reuniclus - TR - Psyshock - Genesect - Ice Beam/ Giga Drain/ Flamethrower/ RP if i predict a switch.

Physical - Stoutland - Frustration - Frustration

Thanks for the rate though

And PM me if you need more info on banners, RMT's, or a rate etc

Hey EnterRAYZORS i got your request interasting looking team here.

Ok looking at your team it seems very weak to rain teams, particularily rain offense. While you do have Tyranitar who can switch in and change the weather Tyranitar does have a Water-type weakness and will be hard pressed to switch in. Further more your team carries no Water-type resist which is absolutely deadly because it means that you have no switch-in to rain teams boosted Water-type attacks. Also Tyranitar and Terrakion both have Water-type weaknesses. Also Technician Breloom is quite a big threat because it can beat Tyranitar, Terrakion and Stoutland just by using Mach Punch. At +2 Cofagrigous and Reuniclus would not like to take a Bullet Seed and Genesect will not appreciate Mach Punch. None of these pokemon can switch in before sleep clause either for the fear of Spore. Also Choice Band Breloom can beat Genesect switch ins by 2hkoing it with Low Sweep.

To help solve your Breloom problems and help you against rain teams i suggest Calm Mind Latias>Reuniclus Latias provides your team with a Water-type resist and after a few Calm Minds even Ice Beams won't be able to stop Latias while turning Latias into a fearsome sweeper. Latias resists both of Brelooms stabs and can ko it with Psyshock. You don't lose to much without Reuniclus to be honest. Your team doesn't really need Trick Room, and Latias still keeps the Psychic-type and Fighting-type resists but helps you against the threats mentioned above Breloom and rain offense. He also provides your team with a Ground-type immunity which is nice seeing as you don't have any other resists or immunities to the type and Terrakion and Tyranitar are both weak to it.

Now looking at your team i don't understand why you run Choice Band Tyranitar with Stealth Rock. Getting locked into Stealth Rock is not ideal and you already have a good Choice Band user and pursuit trapper in Stoutland. I think you should run Specially Defensive Tyranitar>Choice Band Tyranitar This still gives you a good user of Stealth Rock and Pursuit trapper. But gives Tyranitar the freedom to switch up moves and gives him better bulk to switch in more often. With Latias in your team you are slightly weaker to Choice Specs Latios so the ability to take any of its hits easily and Pursuit trap it is a huge bonus. Without Reuniclus if you feel that you are missing Trick Room then you can do as Asek suggested and use Trick Room>Energy Ball on Cofagrigus.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets

Latias @ Leftovers | Levitate
Timid | 252 Hp / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm Mind | Dragon Pule | Psyshock | Recover

Tyranitar @ Leftovers | Sand Stream
Sassy | 252 Hp / 64 SpA / 192 Sp Def
Stealth Rock | Pursuit | Fire Blast | Ice Beam

Tl;dr

Latias--->Reuniclus

Tyranitar
.Specially Defensive Set--->Choice Band Set

Cofagrigus
.Trick Room--->Energy Ball

~Superpowerdude

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Nice team. Like others have said rain offense is definitely going to be a problem to your team. You struggle to handle Keldeo (especially Scarf variants as it outspeed stoutland) and Tornadus-T to an extent. you have no resists for hurricane bar Tyranitar, who gets ohko'd by superpower. You could change the weather and potentially take it out with stoutland with a pursuit, but it doesnt ohko even after the -1 def drop from superpower.
252 Atk Choice Band Stoutland (+Atk) Pursuit vs 0 HP/0 -1 Def Tornadus-T: 36.12% - 42.81% (3 hits to KO)
That's the damage it's doing if tornadus, doesn't switch out. Obviously it will ohko if there's rocks (and it switches out), but they may not be guaranteed seeing as Tyranitar is your stealth rocker.

That's one way to handle tornadus, but its pretty risky.

I will add in more suggestions later, but just a little nitpick. Terrakion should have 4 spdef EVs and both reuniclus and Cofag should have quiet natures. I'm almost not sure why you have energy ball on there over trick room. you make it very reliant on Reuniclus's Trick Room which isn't going to be very reliable.

Alright. I got your rate request, so here I am. Nice team, by the way. First off, use Defensive Celebi over Cofagrigus. This gives you a sure-fire counter to Breloom, Sheer Force Landorus, Politoed, and Keldeo, all of which pose massive threats to your team. However, Therian Tornadus remains a problem, since it can break apart your entire team with its Superpower and STAB Hurricane alone. To resolve that issue, I'd recommend using Specially Defensive Zapdos over Genesect. It holds up surprisingly well against Chlorophyll sweepers, which appear to be a mild nuisance for your team to face should Tyranitar be untimely eliminated, and Agility Therian Thundurus, which could possibly sweep your whole team without too much effort.

As for minor nitpicks, I have a few to make for your team. For one, Tyranitar doesn't need all that Speed to beat uninvested base 70s. If your goal was to beat the uninvested base 70 group, then you only need 76 Speed EVs. The rest can be tossed into HP. However, should you want to speed creep Skarmory and Jellicent, then only 100 Speed EVs are needed. Just dump the rest of the EVs into HP. Also, if you do follow my advice and fix up the EVs, give Celebi Stealth Rock and replace that slot with Superpower. Regarding Reuniclus (oh my gosh alliteration), I'd like you to try out an EV spread of 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA over your current EV spread, and Hidden Power Fire over Shadow Ball. The EV spread change gives Reuniclus more balanced defenses, while giving opposing Genesect an Attack boost, giving it more of an encouragement to U-turn, only to take a Hidden Power Fire to the face. This also works against Scizor, which appears to be a problem for your team to face. The loss of Shadow Ball shouldn't be too significant for your team, since Tyranitar and Stoutland deal with Latios and Latias rather efficiently. A summarized list of changes can be found below.

Sets:

Celebi @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Calm | 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe | 2 Atk / 30 Def
Giga Drain | Recover | Hidden Power [Ice] | Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Leftovers | Pressure
Calm | 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD | 2 Atk / 30 Def
Thunderbolt | Heat Wave | Hidden Power | Roost

Nitpicks:

88 HP / 252 Atk / 56 SpD / 112 Spe ----> 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe OR 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Stealth Rock ----> Superpower

252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA ----> 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
Shadow Ball ----> Hidden Power Fire

I don't have much else to say. Good luck with your team!
Thanks for the rate :D
I have used your suggestions in testing and it appears to be much more effective. However the zapdos is still a tad underwhelming in a few cituations. Any suggestions on a different replacment for Genesect? Because he is working really well atm. Cant decide if i prefere polish or scarf on him though. Thanks a tonne for the rate!

Hey EnterRAYZORS i got your request interasting looking team here.

Ok looking at your team it seems very weak to rain teams, particularily rain offense. While you do have Tyranitar who can switch in and change the weather Tyranitar does have a Water-type weakness and will be hard pressed to switch in. Further more your team carries no Water-type resist which is absolutely deadly because it means that you have no switch-in to rain teams boosted Water-type attacks. Also Tyranitar and Terrakion both have Water-type weaknesses. Also Technician Breloom is quite a big threat because it can beat Tyranitar, Terrakion and Stoutland just by using Mach Punch. At +2 Cofagrigous and Reuniclus would not like to take a Bullet Seed and Genesect will not appreciate Mach Punch. None of these pokemon can switch in before sleep clause either for the fear of Spore. Also Choice Band Breloom can beat Genesect switch ins by 2hkoing it with Low Sweep.

To help solve your Breloom problems and help you against rain teams i suggest Calm Mind Latias>Reuniclus Latias provides your team with a Water-type resist and after a few Calm Minds even Ice Beams won't be able to stop Latias while turning Latias into a fearsome sweeper. Latias resists both of Brelooms stabs and can ko it with Psyshock. You don't lose to much without Reuniclus to be honest. Your team doesn't really need Trick Room, and Latias still keeps the Psychic-type and Fighting-type resists but helps you against the threats mentioned above Breloom and rain offense. He also provides your team with a Ground-type immunity which is nice seeing as you don't have any other resists or immunities to the type and Terrakion and Tyranitar are both weak to it.

Now looking at your team i don't understand why you run Choice Band Tyranitar with Stealth Rock. Getting locked into Stealth Rock is not ideal and you already have a good Choice Band user and pursuit trapper in Stoutland. I think you should run Specially Defensive Tyranitar>Choice Band Tyranitar This still gives you a good user of Stealth Rock and Pursuit trapper. But gives Tyranitar the freedom to switch up moves and gives him better bulk to switch in more often. With Latias in your team you are slightly weaker to Choice Specs Latios so the ability to take any of its hits easily and Pursuit trap it is a huge bonus. Without Reuniclus if you feel that you are missing Trick Room then you can do as Asek suggested and use Trick Room>Energy Ball on Cofagrigus.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets

Latias @ Leftovers | Levitate
Timid | 252 Hp / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm Mind | Dragon Pule | Psyshock | Recover

Tyranitar @ Leftovers | Sand Stream
Sassy | 252 Hp / 64 SpA / 192 Sp Def
Stealth Rock | Pursuit | Fire Blast | Ice Beam

Tl;dr

Latias--->Reuniclus

Tyranitar
.Specially Defensive Set--->Choice Band Set

Cofagrigus
.Trick Room--->Energy Ball

~Superpowerdude
Thankyou SuperPower for getting back to me! Really like your suggestions, and i have played a few games with your version of the team. So far im having similar results in terms of wins and losses (but im making stupid plays. The team is better)
Ill keep testing and update again tomoro or something.
Thanks for rate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)