5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Thank you both for your constructive answers and i will definitely be taking it all into consideration and coming back with any other help/results thanks again! :D

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Walking in a cave will advance the PID frame. You need to find a shiny HP Ghost spread on IV frame 1 (which does not require moving) if you want any chance of getting the correct Cobalion. Anything above IV frame 1 will be impossible.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm assuming you've got five party Pokemon when you're walking your steps?

Walking in a cave advances the PIDRNG as well, in case you didn't know (each time you take a step, advances by 2, turn without taking a step, advances by 2). Are you at least getting the right IVs?

this is why you should stick to an IV frame of 1 :s

I'm assuming you've got five party Pokemon when you're walking your steps?

Walking in a cave advances the PIDRNG as well, in case you didn't know (each time you take a step, advances by 2, turn without taking a step, advances by 2). Are you at least getting the right IVs?

this is why you should stick to an IV frame of 1 :s
Yes im getting the right iv's and have 5 pokes in my party. Already knew out the cave but figured it could be avoided but guess not lol

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So my keypress combo is Start X A. How do I do that? Can I just hold Start and X, and then on the second I need to press A, press A and hold it? Or should I press A, release it and right after that press the whole combo?

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So my keypress combo is Start X A. How do I do that? Can I just hold Start and X, and then on the second I need to press A, press A and hold it? Or should I press A, release it and right after that press the whole combo?
You can press A and hold it

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Ah, thanks! I thought so, but wasn't really sure since I couldn't get the same Cobalion twice in a row. Guess I screwed it xD

Does a flawless naive wondercard seed exist for pokemon white? I've been searching for one and it takes a long time to load. Is there a faster way to search for seeds? Thanks

Does a flawless naive wondercard seed exist for pokemon white? I've been searching for one and it takes a long time to load. Is there a faster way to search for seeds? Thanks
Try adding keypresses to your search you should be able to find one with keypresses in your search.

So I am attempting to abuse my TID in White 2 using PPRNG and this guide. I have followed it perfectly and have experience with every kind of common RNG abuse method since 4th gen (except this, of course). I have found a date, time, and key presses for my chosen ID; however, when I attempt to verify the seed and find my initial starting frame using PPRNG's "ID Frame Search" tab, I get no results.

I am completely lost as to what to do. I have a feeling it's a problem with W2's @#$%!##%# Timer0, especially because I usually have no trouble hitting it. I'm not sure if that's the only plausible explanation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I hit the Timer0 at least once and got a result that listed the time I entered the game as being six seconds after when I actually hit A. I am using a DS Lite and have never had this issue before. I know that the 3DS takes eight seconds after pressing A, and as a result one should subtract that amount of time from when they do so. Not sure where to go with this. I have tried reducing the time by six seconds and got no results.

Hello, i've read that the first egg will always have certain DV, depending on an encounter with a wild pokemon, so that breeding should be nearly impossible. Now the question arises, if I can take the first egg, save in front of the grandfather and Rng the second egg with determined Dv, nature and so on. Thank you in advance!

Agonist

DS Lite delay is only one second, so it's possible you hit a different timer0 that gave the same TID as the result you found. You're only searching 10F5, so it's only searching for matching results under the 10F5 timer0 (afaik, anyway).

DS Lite delay is only one second, so it's possible you hit a different timer0 that gave the same TID as the result you found. You're only searching 10F5, so it's only searching for matching results under the 10F5 timer0 (afaik, anyway).
I use 10F5 because I got good at hitting that T0 for all other RNG purposes, and given the volatile nature of the T0 I figured that was enough. Would you suggest expanding the range of possible T0's? And if I do that are you suggesting that I will be more likely to find results for what I am actually getting? The thing with that is wouldn't it be meaningless if the seed I need to hit is using 10F5 anyway?

@NLMRY Is it possible that you selected the same date in the ID search box to match your IV seed? cos when I tried this on Black using the RNG reporter I found that the ID search box would give me a list of IDs for that date but if I tried to find the initial starting frame it would never give me any results. Instead I had to settle for an ID from the day befor the IV seed, if that makes any sense. I'm asking this because I originally wanted the trainers card and the date on my starter to match but for the life of me I couldn't get it to work.

Of course it could easilly be a problem with your Timer0 though since I've heard that BW2 can have as many as 20-30 different Timer0's if you have a game that really hates you, lol.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I use 10F5 because I got good at hitting that T0 for all other RNG purposes, and given the volatile nature of the T0 I figured that was enough. Would you suggest expanding the range of possible T0's? And if I do that are you suggesting that I will be more likely to find results for what I am actually getting? The thing with that is wouldn't it be meaningless if the seed I need to hit is using 10F5 anyway?
In your sample screenshot where you got an ID of 16603 you hit a timer0 of 10f3, and for the 33037 result you hit a timer0 of 10f6. Unfortunately, for TID frame searching, PPRNG currently only searches timer0 values in the range specified in your configuration. Since you only have 10f5 set in your config, it will not find results on 10f6.

When searching for good seeds it makes sense to narrow your timer0 range to those values which you can usually hit, but in this case you should widen it to allow you to find what you are actually hitting.

Is anyone else having issues with the Generate Adjacent Seeds results? I seem to never see the the current results. Also the current seed I'm looking for never shows up in the results window.

I am attempting to RNG a flawless IV wondercard Keldeo on a White 2 game on a DSi. I've done over 20 calibrations to find my timer0s and have encountered every T0 between 1672 and 167F. They all show up about equally, with no dominant T0s. My most common T0 was 167A, which showed up about 20% of the time during calibration.

Timer0 VCount Vframe
167D AD 8
1677 AD 8
167F AD 8
1673 AC 8
1675 AD 8
1672 AC 8
167C AD 8
1672 AC 8
167A AD 8
1676 AD 8
167A AD 8
1672 AC 8
1673 AC 8
1679 AD 8
1674 AD 8
167E AD 8
167E AD 8
167A AD 8
1677 AD 8
167A AD 8
1671 AC 8
1675 AD 8
1674 AD 8

Using PPRNG I found a wondercard seed with flawless IVs searching for a Timer0 of 167A and a VCount of AD. I have saved in front of the delivery man in the Pokemon Centre by the elite four and have tried to hit my timer0 about 20 times. I have yet to hit any frame from this seed and cannot even match my results to frames from other possible timer0s. My seed is DBB55E6BC2A78C9D with the flawless timid frame at 82. My MAC Address is E0-E7-51-15-28-8C.

Timid
Often dozes off.
20-21 / 0-1 / 14-15 / 16-17 / 14-15 / 20-21

Adamant
Likes to thrash about.
22-23 / 30-31 / 22-23 / 28-29 / 2-3 / 0-1

Relaxed
Quick to flee.
20-21 / 16-17 / 2-3 / 24-25 / 4-5 / 28-29

Impish
Strong willed.
26-27/ 24-25 / 14-15 / 18-19 / 30-31 /2-3

Quiet
Good endurance.
6-7/ 20-21 / 28-29 / 10-11 / 2-3 / 18-19

Timid
Likes to thrash about.
14-15 / 30-31 / 6-7 / 8-9 / 10-11 / 0-1

I have successfully RNGed in White for some time now, but have found it impossible to make any progress in White 2. Thanks in advance!

In your sample screenshot where you got an ID of 16603 you hit a timer0 of 10f3, and for the 33037 result you hit a timer0 of 10f6. Unfortunately, for TID frame searching, PPRNG currently only searches timer0 values in the range specified in your configuration. Since you only have 10f5 set in your config, it will not find results on 10f6.

When searching for good seeds it makes sense to narrow your timer0 range to those values which you can usually hit, but in this case you should widen it to allow you to find what you are actually hitting.
Thank you, that was very helpful. I set them to 10f3-10f6 and get results every time.

I have battled the WNPC in the dreamyard but he did not become stationary and this will affect the PIDRNG when I RNG latios. I still have not saved though, just to make sure I am doing things correctly. What could the problem be?

Agonist

You need to make him move off the tile he's standing on. Then, he'll become stationary for the duration of your visit to the Dreamyard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)