Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Okay, Present and Shiruba, I accept. I still need 10 more. Thanks!

However, Present, a question. By "Team Plasma Bosses," do you mean every N battle & Ghetsis? If you include the rest of the Seven Sages, I'm not playing the postgame, sorry.
The Seven Sages don 't fight you. So that does indeed only mean the N and Ghetsis battles.

In my lurking of this thread, I've been wanting to do one of these for a while now. Wynaut?

Black, no trading, Medium difficulty (I'm new to this, but I've done a Platinum Nuzlocke in the past (and wiped from 5 BS crits in a row on the last E4 member, but retried and won easily), so I want a bit of a challenge)

I will have 12 Pokemon total.
You get a Gurdurr, who is your finisher. Unless some other challenge forces you to solo somebody, Gurdurr must finish off each gym leader/elite four opponent with DynamicPunch (unless the last remaining pokemon is a ghost type, obviously). Nickname it whatever you'd like

You get a Gurdurr, who is your finisher. Unless some other challenge forces you to solo somebody, Gurdurr must finish off each gym leader/elite four opponent with DynamicPunch (unless the last remaining pokemon is a ghost type, obviously). Nickname it whatever you'd like
Maybe make it a little harder? I mean, I don't want it to be impossible, but just having to get the finishing hit on every gym leader and E4 member is kind of... Easy in comparison. Like making DynamicPunch my only STAB option, or something. Also, I'd imagine I'm not allowed to evolve it one it gets to Gurdurr, which is fine.

Regardless, I'll call it Finisher :P

Unoriginal Name, you get a challenge that will end up being one of my signature challenges.

You will be taking Revenge the Scraggy. Revenge is a thug, in case you were wondering. After all, he's got the baggy pants, and that typing. Thing is, Revenge really likes his name, and the meaning of the name. Guess what he does best? Getting Revenge. Revenge must learn Retaliate and keep it in his moveset. Revenge must also be sent out after one of its teammates faint.

Revenge joined your team for one purpose; destroying the monster that destroyed his homeland. Therefore, he only has one solo. Revenge must attempt to solo Ghetsis' Hydreigon. Should he win, all restrictions are voided on Revenge.

Alice in Strings, it sounds pretty interesting. Believe it or not, I've never used a Scraggy on a Black run before. It was my MVP on my run through B2, though. Also, I hate Retaliate. Lenora's Watchog... Even with my Sawk 5 levels above, it still took a couple of tries to beat that thing.

I'm looking forward to this. To my count, 4/12 of all mons available have been taken. Still need 8 more!

Unoriginal Name, take Varied the Sewaddle!

Varied is a very unique Pokemon; it tries to be as different as possible. To facilitate this, Varied may not have 2 or more moves of the same type at the same time. To evolve the first time, it must beat 10 pokemon before they use a move that shares a type with one of yours. The enemy must get at least one attack in for this to count. (For example, if you have Tackle, you have to beat it before it uses a normal type move.) To evolve again, it has to have a moveset of all different types. It must evolve once before Elesa, and again before Brycen. It must solo at least all unsoloed Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Rival Battles, and N battles.

Have fun! (also, tell me if it's too many solos)

Gamer40000, I guess that is a lot of solo's, and you make it so noone else can give out solo's. With still at least 7 or so challenges for him to go, that might be undesirable. Also, if he accepts the N solo's, all of them are already solo'd half, so it can never be a full solo.

Gamer40000: Based on what you mean by "unsoloed," I'll accept; however, I'm turning down the part about all unsoloed Gym battles. E4, N and Rival battles are fine, but the Gym battles may be a little much, especially considering, you know, Sewaddle. .-. If you have any objections to this slight change, just tell me. Thanks.

Still need 7 more!

Maybe make it a little harder? I mean, I don't want it to be impossible, but just having to get the finishing hit on every gym leader and E4 member is kind of... Easy in comparison. Like making DynamicPunch my only STAB option, or something. Also, I'd imagine I'm not allowed to evolve it one it gets to Gurdurr, which is fine.

Regardless, I'll call it Finisher :P

yeah, when I say gurdurr I mean no evolving it. if you want it harder....you must use focus energy every time before using dynamicpunch, finishing blow or otherwise. also, if you ever use focus energy for any other reason, it must be followed up by dynamicpunch. you still have to focus energy again for each successive dynamic punch. for example, if you miss, and intend to use DP again, you must focus energy again first even though it will fail.

better?

yeah, when I say gurdurr I mean no evolving it. if you want it harder....you must use focus energy every time before using dynamicpunch, finishing blow or otherwise. also, if you ever use focus energy for any other reason, it must be followed up by dynamicpunch. you still have to focus energy again for each successive dynamic punch. for example, if you miss, and intend to use DP again, you must focus energy again first even though it will fail.

better?
Yep, that seems better! Thanks. Focus Energy and DynamicPunch... Well, at least the moves aren't entirely useless.

I'll have a "DynamicPunch crit counter" :pimp:

Thanks!

Unoriginal Name, take Hero the Pansage. (If you accept Hero they must be caught in Lostlorn forest, you'll see why in a bit, also for story purposes it is tied in with Mid the Pansear)

Hero was driven out of his home in Pinwheel Forest when Team Plasma attacked and wants to get back at them, however once they join your party they see you have their older (Insert Mid's Gender here) Mid, so they come to an agreement that Hero would solo two of the pokemon not being solo'ed by Mid of every Plasma Boss, and always landing the finishing hit against grunts. Optional : You can challenge yourself more by catching Hero before the Nimbasa City N fight. No restrictions on evolution, I think there is only one Elemental Stone anyway, the one from the Castelia City Pier

- Pansage called Hero
- Must solo 2 of the Pokemon not solo'ed by Mid in every Plasma Boss fight.
- Must always get the last hit on Plasma grunts.
- You can challenge yourself by catching Hero before the Nimbasa N fight.
Shortened Challenge

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Well you've got two of the trio, so why not the third?
Take SCARED (to fit in with old gens lol) the panpour.
After team plasma attacked Lostlorn forest it had to move to Pinwheel forest, so you have to catch it there.
However it was terribly scared from when it was attacked by team plasma so it may never be used in a fight against them. It may also be used in only 6 trainer fights per area, which will come into more annoyance in the later routes or areas.
Also, it may be used in only one gym leader or elite four fight, as when it was in one it got scared at how tough it was. This doesn't count for the champion by the way, since it has to solo 3 of his pokemon since it got a confidence boost.

Enjoy! :D

Well you've got two of the trio, so why not the third?
Take SCARED (to fit in with old gens lol) the panpour.
After team plasma attacked Lostlorn forest it had to move to Pinwheel forest, so you have to catch it there.
However it was terribly scared from when it was attacked by team plasma so it may never be used in a fight against them. It may also be used in only 6 trainer fights per area, which will come into more annoyance in the later routes or areas.
Also, it may be used in only one gym leader or elite four fight, as when it was in one it got scared at how tough it was. This doesn't count for the champion by the way, since it has to solo 3 of his pokemon since it got a confidence boost.

Enjoy! :D

.........Scared won't be able to solo 3 champion pokemon, in the originals N is the champion so Mid is solo'ing half his team and (if accepted) Hero is solo'ing 2 of the remaining half. Plus our stories conflict, Hero moved because of the pinwheel attack, Plasma doesn't attack Lostlorn and if they did the only way the stories would make sense is if Scared was caught after Hero, and even then it would need some backstory tying like I did to explain my challenges to make sense.

Edit : You can't change it to Ghetises, he's already taken. If you change 3 to 1 I can rewrite it so it doesn't conflict, if Hero isn't accepted everything I said is void though.

Thesynchro is fine, but celever's conflicts with my other Pans. You guys might want to sort that out. Maybe have SCARED solo an E4 member or two, for example? Oh yeah, and story conflicts, but I don't really care about that tbh. Thanks anyway.

Once it becomes possible, I'll have 5 still up for grabs!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Oh I thought Alder was champion lol.
Just solo half of an e4 member then, but it can be in only that fight of the elite 4 and your other one against a gym leader.

Oh I thought Alder was champion lol.
Just solo half of an e4 member then, but it can be in only that fight of the elite 4 and your other one against a gym leader.
Okay, that seems good. Thanks!
Also, Alder is champion, but anything beyond beating Ghetsis is considered postgame, and to battle Alder, you must challenge the E4 after beating Ghetsis. I'm not playing postgame.

Sounding repetitive and all that, but still need 5 more!

Hey guys,

looking for a new challange. Black Two, Nuzlocke, can trade. Not looking for anything too hard, preferably story driven. I want to cry when my pokemon die. Bring it :D

D

Scramblelocke, hm?

Dodgerr, take Active the Spoink. As you could guess from the name, Active loves working out. Most Spoink hop because they have to hop; Active is the exception. He can survive when resting. However, he never stops hopping regardless. Why?

Active had a friend, another Spoink. This Spoink was captured by a trainer, and was the stolen by Team Plasma, to be "liberated." The trainer kept good care of Active's buddy, but Plasma? Not so much. They locked him up in a cage while they were taking him to be released. The problem with this was the cage had such a small roof, this Spoink couldn't jump, which, of course, means one thing: it died. When Active saw his friend's dead body thrown out of the truck by Team Plasma near his home place of Reversal Mountain, he sobbed for days.

Now, Active, in memory of his friend, never stops hopping. In fact, he hops so much, all his attacks must allow him to keep moving, keeping active. As such, he has no time to set up or status his foes. Moves blocked by Taunt, like Mirror Coat or Rest, may not be used.

Likewise, Active must learn Payback when asked and always keep it on his movepool; getting rid of it is disallowed.

As revenge on Team Plasma, Active must solo 15 Team Plasma grunts before he can evolve; once he gets his revenge and evolves to Grumpig, he must solo 1 E4 member of your choice. Once this happens, all previous restrictions are void.

Active's movepool can never have more than 2 Special moves, whether he's a Spoink or Grumpig. This rule persists even after he defeats the aforementioned E4 member.

•Active the Spoink from Reversal Mountain
•Never more than 2 Special moves learned at a time
•Must solo 15 Team Plasma (even Grunt) members before he evolves
•Must solo one E4 member; before this, he can never use non-damaging moves and must always know Payback

Dodgerr, perhaps you would not mind taking Rameses, the Zorua? Note that the story is long, so I'll add requirements at the bottom if you don't want to read it all. It is preferable that you trade in another Zorua to get it earlier, but is not necessary, although N's Zorua naturally cannot have a nickname.

Story
Rameses was once a normal Zorua in a type of pet store, in which rare Pokemon - like Archen, Vullaby, and of course Zorua, were sold.

One of the Archen, however, was deeply hating his incarceration. In a fit of rage, he destroyed the caravan and almost everyone else inside, his madness robbing him of his once kind heart.

There was, however, one survivor. His face had been slashed by the glistening white claws of the First Bird Pokemon, and was permanently disfigured.

But he was alive.

He was weak, though, very weak. His injuries had been nearly enough to kill him.

That, however, was when he discovered you.

You took him to the Pokemon Centre, where he watched you carefully, assessing you with cold eyes. He had never been a lover of humans, especially as he had many a friend stolen by wide-eyed little boys seeking nothing more than to further their collection.

But you saved him. If you were a heartless human, why would you save him? With this realisation, he slowly warmed up to you. He saw his ruined visage in the mirror, and all other Pokemon either avoided him or ran away in fear. Even humans avoided his gaze.

But not you. Not you.

And he would never leave your side. Never. That was his resolve, above all others.

"His face will never be the same," the Nurse had said, "He can't see out of his right eye, and that ear will not pick up much."

You knew this. You knew him almost as well as Cheren and Bianca. It was like a telepathic connection.

"We have two aides working on him in the back. Would you like to say goodbye?"

Suddenly, a wave of fear crashed over you, far more real than most any emotion you had ever felt before. It was second-nature to rescue Rameses. However, the door was locked, and as you pounded on the metal in despair, despair flooded your mind.

And Zorua picked up on it.

I can't... Die now... Not when I have a friend believing in me!

With that, Zorua rose up, using his dark powers to dispatch the men easily. Fur soaked red, a blast of darkness burst open the upper part of the door, narrowly missing your head- you were almost impaled by shards of glass. A floaty feeling came over you as Rameses pulled you over with his powers, though you were dazed and could barely feel it with the sirens going off, making your head throb.

And with that, you and your Pokemon disappeared into the night.

After you awoke the next day, it didn't take long for you to realize that the police were looking for your Pokemon - to put him down, no doubt.

But no... No... He is... Your friend...

And no matter what they do, they cannot separate you. They will not separate you.
Never.

People are looking for Rameses. The public has been alerted of a killer Zorua with a half-torn face roaming free. As such, he must not be seen by human trainers which are not backpackers, hikers, or Plasma units- as they will have seen the reports on television. and Plasma is beyond the law. If he is seen - that is, his Illusion is broken - on any of the others, you must use his injury to your advantage - Scary Face them the first turn, to paralyze them with fear, and then switch out on the next. Scary Face must be an eternal feature of his moveset, as it is an eternal injury.

Because of his witness of Archen's wrath, he is, and always will be, too scared to handle avianoid Pokemon. This means that Pokemon such as Gyarados are fine to face, but something such as Empoleon is not.

Also, in the battle variations - double, triple, and rotation - Rameses cannot attack Pokemon to the left of him, as he can't see or hear them.

Also, teach him Return as soon as you can. He's obsessed with you, after all.

He'll become increasingly concerned with the safety of the two of you - what if they knew you were toting around a murdering Pokemon? You assure him that you are safe, but the cloud of doubt forms in the back of your mind, as well.

He'll run away after the seventh gym. He doesn't want to hurt you anymore. Leave him in the box for now.

He'll have been biding his time with Terrakion, who approves of his choice in killing the humans who attempted to end his own life. When you approach, Terrakion assumes that you are one of the humans wanting to kill his friend, and attacks. End the battle in whichever way you would like, aside from running, to have Rameses rejoin you, unable to keep away for longer.

Black Kyurem will terrify him, reminding him of the jaws and talons of Archeops, and he will refuse to fight.

But then he will realize that he is failing you by his cowardice.

He will never be weak. He would die for you.

With that, as Hydreigon is sent out, he will come out of his own Pokeball in a fiery rage.

Those wings, the fangs...
Archeops flashes through his mind.

But no. He can't back down. He won't back down.

Solo Hydreigon, and with that, his old demons are destroyed. He will now no longer fear avians.

...And perhaps one day, you'll teach others that behind his face, there's a truly kind friend waiting within.

Requirements
- Keep Return and Scary Face as part of the moveset
- If Illusion is broken on any trainer except Backpackers, Hikers and Plasma Grunts, Scary Face then switch
- Must always be in the party
- Solo Ghetsis' Hydreigon
- Can't fight bird Pokemon until Hydreigon is defeated
- Can't hit Pokemon to his left
- Leave in box from seventh gym until Terrakion battle

If this challenge is within your difficulty and interest, good luck. I would be more than happy to discuss alternatives if it is too difficult (or too easy, but it does not look like that to me)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@ Dodgerr: You get YOLO the __________.

YOLO is, as anyone who knows me would know, is a terrible phrase that should have never been created in the first place; often used as an excuse for recklessness. What does this have to do with this challenge though? Well, this is a Scramblocke after all.

YOLO must be the first Pokémon you find in the wild. If YOLO dies, you must replace it with another Pokémon called YOLO immediately. YOLO may never be the same Pokémon twice, nor may it be a Pokémon you are forced to use by virtue of being chosen for the Scramblocke. YOLO must solo A Gym Trainer, & must be killed by the highest-levelled Pokémon on each Gym Leader's team, because the tragedy of having a casualty against the Gym Leader's main Pokémon is something that makes good story-telling. Eventually, come the E4, YOLO, whatever it is, must take out at least one Pokémon from each E4 member. If it faints at this point, it will then recklessly take out the rest of your party with it, because it fainting is not part of the script. Finally, YOLO must be slain by Iris' Haxorus, because, well, I hate YOLO, & want to vent all my YOLO-related anger into this challenge... Not that it will be accepted anyway for difficulty...

Well, have fun if you want to take this rather difficult challenge. Otherwise... I might as well save this thing for another day...

Hey guys. I want to do an emerald Nuzlocke but I'd like some story behind it this time, so I'd like a light-medium scramble challenge as well :)

Things I want you to know:
Please, add some backstory for the protagonists! This is the most important thing! And I can't do it myself, it has to be (for me) as random as encountering each pokemon :)
I play on an emulator (on my mobile, during boring classes :P) so no trades. Obviously, no gameshark as well.
I like restriction challenges most, so not too many soloings. Note that I didn't say none at all :)
3rd gen pokemon preferred.
Since it's going to be a scramble nuzlocke, I won't be able to "Catch the first one on each area" (eg. If you ask me to catch a Ralts on route 102 it will most likely NOT be my first encounter) but, I will catch only one in each area :) So state, if you can, where each pokemon you suggest should be caught.
Shiny and Dubs clauses are on.

Please, give me your suggestions, I need 12 Pokemon at least! (Accepted so far: 10)
How about a shuppet next? pwetty pwease? =3

Zelda the Ralts by Shiruba
Teach Calm Mind and keep to evolve.
Defeat Wally's Ralts in every encounter.
Buy a Blue Flute.
Learn Thunderbolt to become Gardevoir.
Take only Gardevoir through Sky Pillar - use Thunderbolt as the only attacking move. Defeat Rayquaza.
If fails the first time and has a Blue Flute, use it and reset the game.
If fails a second time or does not have a Blue Flute, Zelda dies and a "curse" is brought upon the highest-levelled Pokemon. It cannot be healed with items. Every day, if it remains in the party, at midnight, this is passed to the Pokemon on either side of its position in the party.
Clingy the Tentacool by Inanimate Blob
When a Pokémon on your team dies, it dies too.
No other restrictions. You may catch Clingy whenever you want.
Kipples the Mudkip by Clutch

As a Mudkip, Kipples will always switch out on a ground type trainer or if he is hit with a ground type attack
Can never learn any ground attacks either (also includes muddy water)
As a Marshtomp he must now switch in whenever a ground type comes into play and defeat them by himself.
He may evolve once again when he defeats 100 ground type pokemon.
As a Swampert, he has to switch out as soon as one comes into play again.
Is now able to use muddy water, but will not use ground type attacks still.
Against the Elite 4, if he is a Marshtomp he must solo Flygon, Salamence and Whiscash, or as a Swampert he must solo Altaria and Gyarados.
Sidekick the Shroomish by Clutch

He can never be in the front position of your party. However, he must always be second when starting a double battle.
In double battles he must only use non-direct attacks until another pokemon on your team lands a hit.
He may evolve into Breloom after being present at the beginning and end of 10 double battles against trainers.
He must also be an opener and stay in the entire battle against Tate & Liza. Move restrictions: One passive.
Noise the Whismur by Dodgerr
May not be sent out first in battle.
Any sound based moves used against Noise means he can't fight for rest of battle.
Evolve into Loudred once holding White Herb.
Must now use a sound based move as soon as he is sent out in battle.
Evolve into Exploud once holding Blackglasses.
All restrictions lifted.
Blank the Solrock by Unoriginal Name
from Meteor Falls
Cannot learn Flash or inflict Confusion; must switch out when one of these things happens to him
Must switch out vs. Lunatone and solo all Solrock you battle
Must solo 2 gym leaders, non-grunts for team aqua/magma, e4 members, rival battles and/or champion battles minimum
Samus the Pikachu by Shiruba
Defeat Winona's Tropius, Tate & Liza's Solrock, Drake's Salamence and Steven's Skarmory
If Wynaut hatched from egg is killed in Maxie + Tabitha battle, Samus may evolve right away. If it lives, it dies anyway, but access to one (1) free Revive is gained.
If not hatched/not in the party at the time, nothing happens.
If not evolved, can still do so with Metal Coat + Thunderstone.
Murum the Torkoal by Recec
Everytime it KO's a boss Pokemon, trust meter builds by one.
0-2: Can only be healed using berries that he/she holds.
3-5: Will accept berries from you in battle.
6: Will accept berries from you inside and outside of battle
7-8: Will accept man-made HP healing items from you (except Full Restores)
9: Will accept man-made status/PP healing items from you (except Full Restores)
10: Completely trusts you, will accept any and all healing items from you, except Revives.
Player the Wingull by Dodgerr
He must learn Attract as soon as possible, and keep it as part of his moveset. To evolve, he must breed with five different female Wingull.
Must always use Attract vs females.
Heart the Zubat by Recec
Pick a Pokemon on your team for Heart to love
If Heart's love interest's HP falls into red, Heart switches in immediately
If Heart's love interest wants to switch, they can only switch to Heart
If the love interest dies, Heart picks a new love interest immediately from the available Pokemon in your party.
If Heart becomes a Crobat, have it solo the next available boss fight

None/None

ok guys im still on my medium heartgold challange, waiting on a couple more mons, preferably including a flyer hehe

so i've already got

Chubs the Munchlax from inanimate blob

Scrambled the Illumise from celever

Destructo the Koffing from jacobzilla

La Pris the Lapras from CJorex

Nightmare the HootHoot from thesynchrohero

and Warrior the Poliwag from Dodgerr

just a couple more and i can kick into gear!

Clutch, I have the ultimate nightmare for you.

Take Nightmare the HootHoot.

Nightmare has only 2 restrictions, they must instantly switch out if the are hit neutrally, and they cannot learn Hm moves that they can'yt learn by level up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)