Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Gliscor is basically just for walling Heracross?
No, Gliscor is much more than a wall for heracross, if you can call it that. Bascially because gliscor`s typing is such that it is only weak to Ice x4, it is a pretty decent wall and physical attacker, despite its IMO limited moveset. Although, I guess its decent attack and excellent typing makes it a pseudo-tank. ALthough, there are people who will undoubtedly answer your post who are way more knowledgeable on this subject than I. (notice the correct English grammar signified by the absence of `am` after `I`)

if your opponent doesn`t have any ice attacks then Gliscor can pretty much clean house. Refer to the d/p analysis page for good movesets.

Depends, two bulky waters is, IMO a recipe for disaster, but that`s just cause I have a phobia of having two pokemon of the same type on a team together. If you had like a swampy (read: mixpert) and a rapid spin starmie that did different things and filled supporting roles, then yeah, I think that would be a valid strategy, but ask around, I am not the greatest strategist ever so take what I say with a grain of salt.

The reason I give mixpert and rapid spin starmie as an example is because while both still have a weakness to grass, some dirty SOB running an electivire will not be able to run through your entire team because of swampert`s ground typing. I think that a team with two waters might actually be good because of the novelty.

edit: sorry, about this post. I did not read the post I was answering clearly enough. Hmm...Yeah, I hate vaporeon, but that`s just me, if you came up with some good movesets, then yeah I think that would work.

So Gliscor is basically just for Heracross?
Remember, as ground flying, it is also immune to electric and Ground attacks. It also takes very little damage from fighters in general. Be wary of Ice Fanger's though, as they can still put a nasty dent in him. Gliscor is also an able baton passer. Donphan learns support moves like Knock off and Rapid spinn, which is why you would chose him.

I alway wanted to ask this question, but I kept getting scared but here goes anyway, is it ethically wrong to use an AR to trigger and/or get event pokemon?

Another question that's more on the subject of D/P, how many levels are they in Battle Tower?

No. Remember, as ground flying, it is also immune to electric and Ground attacks. It also takes very little damage from fighters in general. Be wary of Ice Fanger's though, as they can still put a nasty dent in him. Gliscor is also an able baton passer.
Multaniman hit it on the head with his post. Gligar/gliscor can stall for time as long as your enemy does not have ice attacks, but watch out, ice attacks maim gliscor. I personally like gliscor a lot, because I think that it is a really good upgrade to a pokemon (gligar) that revolutionized the relationship between flying, elctric, and ground pokemon. I just wish that he had a larger movepool.

I alway wanted to ask this question, but I kept getting scared but here goes anyway, is it ethically wrong to use an AR to trigger and/or get event pokemon?

Another question that's more on the subject of D/P, Does PBR count pokemon that been AR'd to have max IVs as bad eggs?
I personally see nothing wrong with action replaying pokemon to get event pokemon, they exist right? However, that said, there can be no, IMO, satisfaction in action replaying a pokemon egg, say larvitar, and then hatching it and getting perfect IVs on it, as there is when you you catch one and it is the exact one that you were looking for. But that is just a perception thing I think.

I can`t answer the second question, but I am thinking, probably yes, given the tell-tale signs that some AR-ed pokemon have.

Another question that's more on the subject of D/P, Does PBR count pokemon that been AR'd to have max IVs as bad eggs?
For the first part, alot of people don't really care if hack the events and catch them legit. Though it is the cheap way out to just use a random encounter hack or hack them into your PC... But at least the other way you worked for it. Meh, just don't be stupid and max out IVs and stats, etc.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus

Using them before their real release = bad. Just having them for your dex is fine, IMO.

I know PBR finds the following as Bad Eggs:
Something in an illegal ball (non-events in a Cherish)
Something with an illegal caught/hatched location (Rayquaza caught in Kanto, a hatched Deoxys, etc.)

Don't know about anything else, but my friend whined to me about these XD

Something with an illegal caught/hatched location (Rayquaza caught in Kanto, a hatched Deoxys, etc.)
Thanks for the information Boa, I think that PBR is a lot better at figuring out AR-ed pokemon than most people give it credit for, at least for now.

Anyone know why my wifi doesn`t work, is it because I am not in a hotspot? I can`t use it anywhere where it is labeled `WIFI` any answer would be helpful.

For the first part, alot of people don't really care if hack the events and catch them legit.Though it is the cheap way out to just use a random encounter hack or hack them into your PC... But at least the other way you worked for it.
Meh, just don't be stupid and max out IVs and stats, etc.[/quote]Well then now I feel abit more happy about using my AR to get event pokes like Darkrai, because I soo freaking want one.I'm would only maxing out it's IVs, I don't even bother with those Max EV on all stat crap as I enjoy EV training my poke, just hae the breeding part. Beside having Max IVs doesn't make a pokey unbeatable.

Using them before their real release = bad. Just having them for your dex is fine, IMO.

So what, can it tell the different between pokemon that been pal parked and pokemon that AR because I thinking that would cause alot of problem with pokemon that been pal parked and caught legally.
--------------------------------

A non-AR/hacker type question:

Is Gastrodon any good in-game or wifi wise?

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
If it's pal parked, it can still have an illegal caught area, because pal park says where it was originally caught, not where it was traded from. Only hacked Pokémon can have an illegal location or ball.

If it's pal parked, it can still have an illegal caught area, because pal park says where it was originally caught, not where it was traded from. Only hacked Pokémon can have an illegal location or ball.
So wait, if I let's say traded a treecko from R/S into FR/LG and then pal park it into D/P is would say it arrived from R/S(Hoenn) and not Kanto, because that's where it originally came from, right? I find the mechianc behind that alittle weird.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
So wait, if I let's say traded a treecko from R/S into FR/LG and then pal park it into D/P is would say it arrived from R/S(Hoenn) and not Kanto, because that's where it originally came from, right? I find the mechianc behind that alittle weird.
I think so, yes.

I would soo test this to make sure but I misplace my GBA link cable but I'll take your word for it anyway.

Now about my last question which got ignored, is Gastrodon any good, in-game and/or Wifi wise?
Minor odd note. Jhoto is in the game code as a location to be from.

Anyways, Gastrodon is vastly inferior to Swampert. I'm not sure, but in an underused game he could be good. I have no experiance in that format. He does have acces to Recover, something Swampert dosn't but has no D to use it.

Good news: illegal EV spreads are bad eggs in PBR too.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
Good news: illegal EV spreads are bad eggs in PBR too.
Bad news: Illegal Abilities and Moves (No-Guard Shedinja w/Sheer Cold in this case) aren't bad eggs in PBR. It's odd that nintendo would, unlike in ADV, have "illegal" abilities hackable onto Pokémon, especially without PBR being able to detect it. Unless, as logic would lead in this case, they plan to give out Pokémon with "Hacked" abilities.
That would actually be pretty cool, eh?
...Still sucks for PBR though.

I remember a topic posted here about being able to see an egg's nature by depositing it or something like that. Could someone please give me a link to that topic or explain to me how it works?

lol just switch out.
For some reason I thought it stayed when an opponent switched...I guess I just assumed so since it stays when the user switches. I haven't used the damn thing since RBY.

I remember a topic posted here about being able to see an egg's nature by depositing it or something like that. Could someone please give me a link to that topic or explain to me how it works?
I don't remember how exactly it works, but I know it had to do with taking advantage of the scrolling display in the boxes where it scrolls through Nature and types and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)