Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was meant to say an 'egg move'

For example, if I breed a male Wish Eevee with a ditto, will the egg have wish?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why should I use Umbreom in D/P?
If you really like him and he complements your team... Really, he's probably going to be BL. If you like him, and can make him work, go for it. If not, nobody's going to try and convince you.

Can Yanmega be used as an efficiant starter, or is it better suited to other jobs?
I've seen it used to start with. It can definitely work. I'd say it's more of a later thing though. I've never used it, but looks like a special sweeper. Probably best once Blissey is out.

When breed with a ditto, does a male pokemon with an egg pass it on to the baby?
I think you mean egg move. The answer is yes.

When you press Y when depositing/withdrawing pokemon, why does the cursor turn yellow?
It means you're on "auto-pickup" mode. Normally you would go to a menu when you select a Pokemon. When the cursor is yellow (or gold, as I'd like to think), Pokemon are automatically deposited/withdrawn/pickedup with no menu.

===

I've heard conflicting reports about whether Power Items are affected by Pokerus. I know the Macho Brace is, but Power Items?

Example, with Power Bracer and fainting a Bidoof

If it's affected by Pokerus...
(1+4) * 2 = 10 HP EV's

If it's not affected by Pokerus...
(1*2)+4 = 6 HP EV's

I was just wondering. What is correct?

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
it lets you withdraw/deposit a pkmn without the menu, faster...

try the "move" option, press Y, then you can move even a box full of pkmn when you hold A while in "yellow mode", try it, very useful

@robo mike: the first option, (1+4)*2 is correct

When breeding for an egg move and good IVs, should you try to breed for the IVs first, or the egg move. For example, I am trying to get a Squirtle with Haze and good IV's, should I try to get a female Squirtle with good IV's and then breed it with a male one with Haze? Sorry if it is a noob question or if nobody understands what I'm saying.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Question Time! Does the chance of waking up from sleep change each consecutive turn? Either way, what is the chance of getting up from it?

Question Time! Does the chance of waking up from sleep change each consecutive turn? Either way, what is the chance of getting up from it?
Sleep doesn't work like freeze. The pokemon that's put to sleep sleeps for anywhere from 1 to 7 turns, which is randomly decided when its first put to sleep.

Firestorm

Should I use my relaxed Cresselia (+def/-spd) or try to get a bold/calm one?
If its IVs are great, I'd stick with it. You aren't going to be using it for speed anyway.

Sleep doesn't work like freeze. The pokemon that's put to sleep sleeps for anywhere from 1 to 7 turns, which is randomly decided when its first put to sleep.
Thanks! So freeze is a percentage chance?

Does legitness of parents affect the everstone/nature passing trick? This sounds like a stupid question, but my hacked male is breeding with a legit female holding an everstone and I think 2 out of the 30+ eggs I've hatched from them so far have had the same nature as the female holding the everstone.

Spieks doesn't hit Levitating or Flying types, but will always do 25% damage to pokemon it hits. Stealth Rock hits everything, but does a base dmaage of 12.5% and is then affected by typing. For example, Charizard, which is 4x weak to rock, will do 50% damage from Stealth Rock, while Blissey, which gets neutral from rock, will get 12.5% damage done to it.
EDIT: Spikes only does 25% afetr 3 layers have been layed down. Thats another con, Spieks takes 3 turn to set it up to its best form, Stealth Rock only takes one.

Thanks Kade for the info. So it seems like you are saying I should go with Stealth Rocks on my Skarm? I still see alot of people using Spikes on their Skarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)