Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this decnt manaphy that i should keep
Manaphy - #490 (Hasty)
HP: 17 - 19
Att: 0 - 14
Def: 0 - 14
SpA: 25 - 28
SpD: 25 - 28
Speed: 28 - 31 , or is the def and hp way too low (note hast nature)

Well, the thing about Stealth Rock is while it has the potential for massive damage, not many things are 4x weak, only Charizard and Ho-oh I believe, and 2x weak pokemon recieve the same damage as Spikes, with 3 layers. I would go with Spikes, but if possible, use both, as they are useable with each other.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks Kade for the info. So it seems like you are saying I should go with Stealth Rocks on my Skarm? I still see alot of people using Spikes on their Skarm.
If you have nothing else using Stealth Rock, I'd go with SR due to Focus Sash. Teams with multiple focus sashes can really get in the way of your sweep, SR removes that threat.

He brings up a good point, while Spikes can be avoided by the common flying types, Stealth Rock will always hit. Again, this is why I would try to use both if possible. If not, you have to choose between consistent damage yet longer set up time, as well as avoidance by common flying types such as Salamence and Gyarados or random damage and quick set up.

If its IVs are great, I'd stick with it. You aren't going to be using it for speed anyway.

Thanks! So freeze is a percentage chance?
Yes, every turn the frozen pokemon has a 10% chance of defrosting. (That might have changed, or my sources were bad, but last I checked it was 10%)

as for my Cresselia, I got rid of it cause it had a 2 IV in Special Defense. :(

Thanks Kade and Firestorm. I greatly appreciate your input. I think I'll go with Stealth Rock since it has a easier setup. DP seems to be a fast meta so getting multiple layers of Spikes might be difficult.

I plan on using a Clefable in my team, more specifically, the Calm Mind set in the Clefable Analysis. However, I don't have access to Emerald, and thus to Softboiled. Also, my team needs Wish support really badly, so my question is:
Could that set still work with Wish instead of Softboiled?

I plan on using a Clefable in my team, more specifically, the Calm Mind set in the Clefable Analysis. However, I don't have access to Emerald, and thus to Softboiled. Also, my team needs Wish support really badly, so my question is:
Could that set still work with Wish instead of Softboiled?
You could use Moonlight instead, but wish could work as well.

Oh, on the subject of Moonlight, I had a question about those kinda of healing moves (Moonlight, Morning Sun, Synthesis etc).
By what exactly are they affected by? I understand that for example Sandstorms ruin Synthesis, is the same true for Morning Sun and Moonlight? Basically, when is the healing 25%, 50%, or more (if that's possible?)

Oh, on the subject of Moonlight, I had a question about those kinda of healing moves (Moonlight, Morning Sun, Synthesis etc).
By what exactly are they affected by? I understand that for example Sandstorms ruin Synthesis, is the same true for Morning Sun and Moonlight? Basically, when is the healing 25%, 50%, or more (if that's possible?)
i'm not 100%, but i believe that rain, sandstorm, hail = 25%; no weather = 50%; and sunny day = 66% for all those three healing moves

The lady in the house in the southwest part of Pastoria city also gives one of the super-effective berries each day. The berry is chosen at random.

question on evolution and stats.
An evolved Pokemon's stats obviously increases more when they levelup compared to a non-leveluped Pokemon. Does this mean that if you keep a Pokemon from evolving than you finally evolve it later on in the game, would it have less stats than a Pokemon evolved at its original level?

Need to know as considering whether to straight away evolve my pokemon or keep it unevolved to learn moves it otherwise wont.

What's up with my game deciding the pokemon shouldn't have any eggs for like, half a hour?

I got a Shroomish with a Ditto in daycare, and I was breeding heaps earlier, and now it's been a good half hour of pure going up and down that path, I've soft-reset, restarted DS, took 'em out and put em back in, and still no more babies. ._.

If the old man says the right things then I guess you're just unlucky. If this pair had eggs before its just a matter of time before they have some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)