Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Just noticed on the Smash site that they have 3DS pics for Megaman, but not for Wii Fit Trainer and Villager.

Speculation: Although both games will have the same *number* of characters, 3DS will have characters that featured primarily on handhelds, while Wii U will have characters that featured primarily on the console.

Examples would be something like Mewtwo being on 3DS (Awakened Mewtwo would be epic) and Scribblenaut, while Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are on the Wii U.
I agree with the idea, but it's more likely that the two games are at different levels of coding and don't have the same characters implemented yet. They've already confirmed that they're having coding issues with the 3DS version, and that the games might ship at different dates because of it.

If there are exclusives, the Wii Fit Trainer is obviously the most likely candidate to be a Wii U exclusive, but I kind of doubt that they'd keep the Villager off of the 3DS.

well they did say they'd try to balance between competitive and casual, so i'm betting less gimmicky stages will be used overall than what was in brawl.

I don't mind gimmicks when they are not intrusive, like that DK stage from Brawl. It was just awful.

I like others like Poke floats though. I'm all in for gimmick stages as long as they don't make me go up.

What would you guys say the percentage chance Pacman makes it?
At first I would have given him a good chance of getting in, but after a little reflection, it seems like he'd have some problems being a fighter. For one thing, in his original game he does literally one thing. Eat. Not very promising for a fighter. Sure, you have spin-offs, but all in all if you based it off one of those it would just become a duplicate of what he was in that game. Pac-man's issue is that he's not diverse in any sense, he'll have troubles fitting in.

So I wouldn't give him much of a chance. Maybe he'll appear as part of a stage, similar to Donkey Kong's throwback stage in Brawl.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
What would you guys say the percentage chance Pacman makes it?
I'd say he has a pretty good chance as an Assist Trophy maybe... Like the flame thing in brawl that attaches to a platform and rotates? Maybe he would do something like that.

But as a character no I do not think so.

Pretty confident about some of the Brawl Chars returning, I would be surprised if Mewtwo or any of the Melee chopped chars made it back but you never know. As long as Cpt Falcon, Luigi and Ness return (And being 3 of the Fabled 12 they are pretty much shoe ins) I'll be very happy indeed :)

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OK how do you guys feel about the Forbidden Seven? None of them have a good chance, but Mewtwo and Tetra might have a small window of opportunity.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
dixie kong has the best shot, as advertisement for retro's new game. if we get a mewtwo, it's going to be that alternate form. the others have no chance.

I'm actually hoping for Mewtwo's return, and he transforms into Mewtwo-A like how Zelda transforms into Sheik with her Down+B. Hopefully, one of his forms will actually be good this time...

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm actually hoping for Mewtwo's return, and he transforms into Mewtwo-A like how Zelda transforms into Sheik with her Down+B. Hopefully, one of his forms will actually be good this time...
Thought that was pretty obvious but nobody's mentioned it in 18 pages... Hoping Snake and Sonic are still in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)