Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that Suck(erpunch)s (ok that one was just bad). Still sounds good to me, having mach punch stab boosted and suckerpunch as unboosted stab if hes a slow poke with high attack. Drain punch and bullet punch will also be a fun asset. Anyway my excuses if I make some mistakes on competetive things, I'm still in the newbie phase.

Anyway the cotton candy has one stick in the image, and paws in the screenshot. Will this actually mean something combat wise or just visual.

yeah, sucker punch is called 'ambush' in japanese, so it makes sense.
still... arugh, a lot of these pokes are super cool. but... six teamslots arrrrugh pokemon trainer problems.
but we need to see moar grass types, nintendo! i wanna see my selection outside of gogoat. gogoat is cool, but...

Everything is GREAT except the fact that Clauncher is exclusive to X. Now I have to pick between Yveltal and Clauncher, two of my very favorite new designs. ;_;

A fighting with STAB Priority, a dual STAB type combo that is resisted by 10 or less pokemon, and a move that switches the user out and leaves that opponent attackless?

Where do I sign?
And, if the rumour is true (and it's been accurate up to now), a 4x weakness to Fairy attacks.

I feel like they missed an opportunity by naming the panda Evo Goronda. Why isn't it called Panchou? (after all, it is a Banchou panda)

I really like how Geo Control sounds. It seems like it'd be a really powerful move, or at least something with a great bonus effect.

Maybe the moves are like Dialga's Roar of Time and Palkia's Spacial Rend in that they're different...that'd be interesting. Right now it seems like Yveltal is at a disadvantage if the rumor comes true about Fairy vs. Dark.

I'm really glad I preordered X right now. Clauncher is amazing, and Candypuff thing is sooooo cute. Instant teammate.

More and more support for the Pokebeach rumors.

Anyway, to the scans info:

Xerneas Fairy-type and Yveltal Dark/Flying. Yes! their types finally revealed and as expected by several people me included.
Dark Aura/Fairy Aura sounds to me like more of 1.2 boost akin to the orbs in Gen IV, but I could be wrong.
Geo Control and Death Wing are probably both strong moves. My guess is that Geo Control is a Fairy-type Hyper Beam or Overheat, while Death Wing a dark-type Aeroblast. (that latter would be awesome)
Goronda. I am honestly unsure what to feel on his design. At first it might seem just like another Ursaring clone. First stage being small/cute then gets bigger fierce, but on the other hand this once isn't a simple design (Relatively speaking) since it has a cape/overcoat like appearance which reminds me of some characters like Jin from Tekken. (which incidentally also has a fighting panda XD)The squid looks kinda cool, but its evo looks a bit... weird, but I can probably get used to it. Also, Turn Over + Contrary = lel.
Shushup I like it. I wanna see its evolution... NOW.
Clauncher exclusive to Pokemon X. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! T_T I am planning to get Y because of Yveltal. Clauncher is one of favorite designs of the revealed Pokemon. Ah, well. I'll have to see other exclusive Pokemon. Plus I can trade. (and I am probably getting both anyway...)
The cotton ball Pokemon looks cute, but brace yourselves for genwunners/and others going "oh a sword and now a cotton candy Pokemon".
Honedge has No Guard. Huh. Very fitting aesthetic wise. Not sure which inaccurate moves it'd get though. WoW is possible, but not guaranteed. Stone Edge is also possible, but asides from that I don't see many moves it can get to benefit this. Unless it gets new inaccurate moves lol.
Robot-arm gym leader. Please be steel-type. Please be steel-type. Please be steel-type.
Villainous team only cares about money ei. Well cool. I guess? I hope the plot is good.
The professor looks awesome IMO. Best looking Professor so far. (aside from Colress, which isn't the main professor, and a villainous one at that lol) .
Next issue having bigs news? YES PLEASE.

Also, guys brb inventing a time machine. Can't hold my excitement any longer.

I feel like they missed an opportunity by naming the panda Evo Goronda. Why isn't it called Panchou? (after all, it is a Banchou panda)
I'm honestly really curious as to why goro ("rolling") was deemed so important to the pokemon that both the english & japanese names use it

I mean I'm sure it will get rollout and such, but nothing about the design or personality really screams "roll"

I'm honestly really curious as to why goro ("rolling") was deemed so important to the pokemon that both the english & japanese names use it

I mean I'm sure it will get rollout and such, but nothing about the design or personality really screams "roll"
Rolling-based martial-art? lol dunno. Thinking about it a Fighting-type rollout would be cool. (however that works)

Maybe the moves are like Dialga's Roar of Time and Palkia's Spacial Rend in that they're different...that'd be interesting. Right now it seems like Yveltal is at a disadvantage if the rumor comes true about Fairy vs. Dark.
People said the same about the Ruby/Sapphire box mascots as well, but then they gave Groudon Drought to counter Kyogre... So they may give Yveltal an ability that gives it an edge (or even just a fighting chance) against Xerneas as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)