Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay,time for a change of topic:
If Sinnoh is mentioned so much times in the game,does anyone think that Sinnoh will be available for us to visit after beating the game like in HG&SS where we got to visit Kanto?

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
If Sinnoh is mentioned so much times in the game,does anyone think that Sinnoh will be available for us to visit after beating the game like in HG&SS?
No, they wouldn't do that bud.

On the other hand do we know Goodra's typing yet?

I'm expecting it not to matter in PvP, either because opposing player 'mon happiness can counteract yours (so unhappy pokemon are at a disadvantage, but if both sides are equally happy it looks the same as previous gen) or if it's just not factored in at all. Game Freak would not have failed to notice that AFAIK evasion and critical hits are not liked in any competitive scene, including Japanese.

So? Probably a different reviewer, maybe they've changed editorial policy since then. I really don't care about ".x" part of a rating outside of on metacritic (where it seems to actually be pretty useful, since it's aggregating.) The substance text of the review is what's important after the broad strokes. Frankly, I think most ratings need to go back to a 5 or 4 point system.
The B2/W2 review was by Audrey Drake. She is pretty biased, and sometimes gave higher scores than the official Nintendo magazines. She left to work for nintendo, and the person who reviewed XY is a completely unbiased reviewer. 9 is a solid score. (not that it would affect my chances of buying it anyway)

If the mountain dex is the last of the three, the highest numbered pokemon in there might be the psuedo. Goomy seems like it's the Trapinch of sixth gen.
Exactly what I was thinking about Goomy & it's evolutions. It'll probably be a good Pokemon in a somewhat high tier, but I don't feel it's the psuedo Legendary at all. It's most certainly the Trapinch of this gen in my eyes.

First of all, I hate people who see their Pokémon as data only. Second I guess that, if both Pokémon have the same level of love, nothing changes. So, if two trainers who care for their pokes battle, everything will be the same. The difference will be between one who spends time with his friends and one who doesn't
This is a competitive battling community you know, not a role playing community. And anyway it still makes the outcome of the fight reply on luck rather than skill. My pokemon would get pretty shitty if the battle came down to chance rather than skill and teamwork. You get it?

The main issue the reviewers seem to have is that the stereoscopic 3D aspects of the game push the 3DS to its limits such that the fps slows to a crawl, even if you tune down the aspect itself.

If Sinnoh is mentioned so much times in the game,does anyone think that Sinnoh will be available for us to visit after beating the game like in HG&SS where we got to visit Kanto?
They will never do two regions in the same game again, and Masuda more or less confirmed that by calling out GSC as a special case. Realize how small Johto is compared to other regions, especially in Gold and Silver, which didn't have the Crystal plot or the new areas added by HG&SS.

We have no idea what their remake team is working on now, though, so sky's the limit for guessing on why they're mentioning other regions.

Highly possible we were already introduce to the pseudo. Anyone forgetting Noivern?
Yes, It seems everyone forgot about Noivern. The leaker hasen't even seen one yet & isn't he almost done with the main game?
Also, about IGN giving the game a 9. Tbh, a 9 or an 8.5 is what I would expect even if I haven't played it yet myself. Were we really expecting the next G/S/C? If I'm not mistaken, those games got a 10 out of 10 from Ign. X & Y seems like a very fun, engaging game, but from what I've seen so far, personally I'm not "OMG"'d by anything from it. Hopefully the story(Although reviewers are saying it's weak) makes me feel that way about it.

Yes, It seems everyone forgot about Noivern. The leaker hasen't even seen one yet & isn't he almost done with the main game?
Also, about IGN giving the game a 9. Tbh, a 9 or an 8.5 is what I would expect even if I haven't played it yet myself. Were we really expecting the next G/S/C? If I'm not mistaken, those games got a 10 out of 10 from Ign. X & Y seems like a very fun, engaging game, but from what I've seen so far, personally I'm not "OMG"'d by anything from it. Hopefully the story(Although reviewers are saying it's weak) makes me feel that way about it.
It would be different - I don't believe we've ever been shown the psuedo in prerelease before, though admittedly, the last time I paid this close attention prior to everything being datamined was GSC - but I think that's a very likely possibility at this point. There's also, more pointedly, been no mention of a legendary trio. I'm hoping the legendary birds or beasts return and are mega candidates. I have not been inspired by the last two sets of trios - the Kami Trio looked like they all had skin disease, the lake trio felt like a half-baked decent concept.

Random point of absurdity: how shonen-stupid-awesome would it be to say MEGA REGIGIGAS X.

The official pokemon site says that: Noivern is extremely combative toward anything that wanders too close to it. Which makes me think that Noivern is a very strong pokemon, and also difficult to find, because the logical thing is that a solitary pokemon tries to be as far as possible from the people. This could mean that it's the pseudo we are waiting for and also explains why we haven't had any news about it.

The only big mysteries left would be; Where the heck is Noivern? How does Eevee evolve into Sylveon? What is the Psuedo Legendary? What are the trio legendary Pokemon this generation? And IS there a Z Legendary?

The only big mysteries left would be; Where the heck is Noivern? How does Eevee evolve into Sylveon? What is the Psuedo Legendary? What are the trio legendary Pokemon this generation? And IS there a Z Legendary?
There is a very good chance that if there is a third mascot, they may not even put it into the game this time. Rayquaza, Giratina-A and Kyurem-N are all placed in the original pairs of games nearly as afterthoughts. They seem like they should have plot relevance but they just sit there unused, Mewtwo-style. If I were working at GameFreak and I knew that this game would be hard to datamine, I'd just say "let's leave it out so we can really surprise them with the Special Edition versions."

9.0?

9 POINT ZERO???

ARE THEY M-A-D (?) :v4::mad:
Every website seems to be mentioning that it's great.

Mashable: “‘Pokémon X’ and ‘Y’ Are Polished But Play It Too Safe”

IGN: “Pokemon X and Y Review: A Mega Evolution” (9/10)

GameInformer: “Seeing Pokemon From a New Angle” (8.75/10)

Digital Spy: ‘Pokemon X’ review (3DS): As engaging and addictive as ever”

Also, one more good thing with the game is the music. GameFreak really hit home there. Professor Sycamore's theme is super-duper relaxing, not to mention it's all-out French-y:

Last edited:
Oh man, not new pokemon all night. That doesn't sit well. I was hoping a couple things would have popped up and set aside the notion of there only being 70 pokemon.

Also, is Bunnelby2 the ONLY new ground pokemon we've seen thus far?

FakemonMasterVX

Banned deucer.
Wtf? Honestly how can they give such crap reviews to the Pokemon XY when it's CLEARLY deserving for at least a 10/10? Critics these days will give full scores to GTA V (which BTW is more formulaic then even pokemon Red and Blue) but they'll give 8/10 to Pokemon. Sigh... -_-

Wtf? Honestly how can they give such crap reviews to the Pokemon XY when it's CLEARLY deserving for at least a 10/10? Critics these days will give full scores to GTA V (which BTW is more formulaic then even pokemon Red and Blue) but they'll give 8/10 to Pokemon. Sigh... -_-
Yes! How dare they give a Sandbox game with such freedom and custimazation a high score when our game that rarely changes its core at all doesn't? Surely the battle formula that lasted for about 20 years is better than some dumb game with absolute freedom!

Have you actually read these reviews? They range from "Pokemon just saved my life" (Kotaku's and Polygon's) to "plays it safe, but adds a lot of good stuff." These are not "crap" reviews. Responses to reviews like that are why there's such insane review inflation on the ten point scale. Care less about the number, care more about the substance.

e.g. http://kotaku.com/pokemon-x-and-y-is-everything-you-wanted-pokemon-to-be-1441044517

The URL kind of says it all. No number, but guess what, you get an idea of how much they love the game.

Reviews by nature have always been unreliable as a means for qualitative analysis. The scale reviewers use is broken. For instance 7/10 game is comparable to a 2 star movie. The language used in reviews is often dumbed down for their audience making the reviews less descriptive or accurate as they be. Reviewers are also subject to biases and hype; the privileges granted to them by publishers serve to further sway their opinions. I think it's best to take whatever score the game is given as a level of recommendation rather than quality.

Anyway, let's not forget that the purpose of this thread is to discuss leaks.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
So I'm looking at the Pokemon list and honestly I'm a bit concerned at the lack of certain types. There is only one Bug and Poison evolution line so far and no Ground types (Diggersby probably is, but not confirmed)

There are still probably more Pokemon to leak so I hope they patch this up.

FakemonMasterVX

Banned deucer.
Yes! How dare they give a Sandbox game with such freedom and custimazation a high score when our game that rarely changes its core at all doesn't? Surely the battle formula that lasted for about 20 years is better than some dumb game with absolute freedom!
Ummm... ALL GTA GAMES SINCE GTA 1 HAVE BEEN SANDBOX!!!!! how is that for changing its core??? Pokemon has always added new Pokemon and innovated such innovations like Mega Evolutions and Pokewalker and youre calling it FORMULAIC?? Your really hypocritical.

Have you actually read these reviews? They range from "Pokemon just saved my life" (Kotaku's and Polygon's) to "plays it safe, but adds a lot of good stuff." These are not "crap" reviews. Responses to reviews like that are why there's such insane review inflation on the ten point scale. Care less about the number, care more about the substance.

e.g. http://kotaku.com/pokemon-x-and-y-is-everything-you-wanted-pokemon-to-be-1441044517

The URL kind of says it all. No number, but guess what, you get an idea of how much they love the game.
Yeah I get it but if its really so good why not give it like a 10/10? Cause nintendo doesnt pay off critics like Rockstar does?? And Kotaku historically is unfair on Japanese games anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)