Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if there's not a lot of new Pokemon as long as they use a lot of the old ones, which they seem to be doing. I recently restarted my White game and found that my options were...lacking to say the least. It seemed like your choices were Scraggy or Timburr, Sandile or Drilbur, Munna or Woobat, Patrat or Lillipup, etc... I found myself often going "Wait, I can't use this mon since I used it last time, so I guess I have to use [insert the one other option]". I had to use Darumakka both times because there isn't another Fire type available unless you picked Tepig or Oshawot to get Pansear. Sure, you eventually run into Litwick, but by the time I get there Darumakka is already a wrecking crew and it'd be weird to replace him with what I think is a lesser mon.

There's 700+ Pokemon in the games now, it'd be great if I had more than 4 or 5 Pokemon in the first few routes. Numbers aren't what's important to me, it's the diversity. I could die a happy man if my first 10 random encounters in the game were at least 5 or 6 different Pokemon.

People tend to forget we have other 649 Pokémon. They won't have balance within the generation, but thinking about the bigger picture, we're having a good balance overall

I actually hope there isn't a separate game if there IS a z legendary, partly for the reason that it makes me feel that I should have waited for it. I'd prefer a X2/Y2 if ANY sort of add-on.Im just curious as to what they're gonna do for Gen 7 already haha
I think XZ / YZ are more likely

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Yeah the whole "You can use old Pokemon" is bullshit. I want to play the new games to use NEW Pokemon, and see new possible type combinations and how New Pokemon would work in competitive.

Yeah the whole "You can use old Pokemon" is bullshit. I want to play the new games to use NEW Pokemon, and see new possible type combinations and how New Pokemon would work in competitive.
Well we do have a huge regional dex and over 700 characters. I think reintroducing old Pokemon makes sense.

It seems to be why (seemingly) there's a relatively low number of new Pokemon. That they're taking essentially the opposite route from Unova.

That's cool and all, but that's exactly what Black and White did to the maximum. While Black and White were very well-received - the highest rated main pair games since the original Red and Blue - the lack of old favorites was consistently cited as one of its negatives. People play the games for different reasons.

About good fairies: we've seen no physical fairy moves so far. Mawile and Azumarill are moot without a good physical fairy STAB move

You have to remember that GF's intention with Pokemon is to makes a game for everyone, and that from the beginning.
It's really incredubly hard to makes the casual player, the competitive one, old and news to appreciate it.
And when you look at the review, you can say that they did it pretty well. So, I'm pretty positive, honnestly.
Thats what I was saying, pokemon needs to offer more than just a deep competitive formula for casuals. From the looks of it, X/Y is looking to be very much like DP, offering the bare basics in terms of single player content, and not be jam packed like B2/W2. X/Y seem like the testing ground for the new graphics engine GF is going for. If so, then the 3rd version/ sequel games should be quite epic.

I'm putting a lot of hope in Florges right now, especially considering it looks fast and special-sweepy. All I'm hoping is that it has more than Garchomp's speed, and the longed-for Grass second typing. Then we're good to go. Also, Klefki seems like the best Prankster user in the game as of now.

But yeah, if the intention was to keep dragons in check, one would think they'd take the Infinity+1 stats and movepools into account. Its kind of disappointing how low their stats seem to be, and a bit worryingly reminiscent of the situation with Gen 1 Bug-types. At least Ubers will have Xerneas, if nothing else.
Whoa there, I HIGHLY doubt Klefki will be better than Thundurus-I and Tornadus-I. Bulkiest Prankster user, yes, but best? I doubt it.
Also, we need the move "Fairy Tail".

About good fairies: we've seen no physical fairy moves so far. Mawile and Azumarill are moot without a good physical fairy STAB move
There's that Frolic move that looks ike it has at least 90 BP. And we know at least Marill gets it.

Whoa there, I HIGHLY doubt Klefki will be better than Thundurus-I and Tornadus-I. Bulkiest Prankster user, yes, but best? I doubt it.
Right. Meant to say, best defensive. Definitely the genies are more of a potent threat.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that Azumarill is moot. Speaking in terms of boosted dragons, he can still come in on Outrages and scare them away with Ice punch (provided an ineffective Outrage doesn't lock them).

The defensive side of fairy will still be very useful. Mawile on the other hand... I'm not sure yet

Not moot. Even if they don't get physical Fairy STAB (and I find that hard to believe, since it'd mean Nintendo hadn't learned from Entei and Flareon, when they seem to have), they both get Ice Punch. Ice Punch on the quad-weak dragons will still destroy them, and they'll still get the passive benefit of being dragon immune.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that Azumarill is moot. Speaking in terms of boosted dragons, he can still come in on Outrages and scare them away with Ice punch (provided an ineffective Outrage doesn't lock them).

The defensive side of fairy will still be very useful. Mawile on the other hand... I'm not sure yet
True. Id be dissapointed though. (Id really like to see the BP and info of that frolic move)

That, and it has six more resistances on top of that now.

Also, I wouldn't write off Mawile that fast. Steel/Fairy is one of the best defensive typings, and it has Intimidate to tank a resisted type move (of which it has 11). It would have plenty of chances to switch in before going mega. (Also, as noted after me, it does have Ice Punch which lands 4x on common dragons)

(Id really like to see the BP and info of that frolic move)
It's in the Japanese eShop trailer. Marill uses it against Haxorus and takes off a good 60% off its health.

Last edited:

Mawile does learn Ice Punch...via...Dreamworld. It does also learn Ice Fang. It's low BP may be moot because of Huge Power, though.

I can sort of understand the complaints of a relatively low number of new pokemon (that we're aware of right now), but at the same time this seems like the most 'complete' Pokemon game to date. Usually new generation games focus largely on the new generation stuff with tidbits of old stuff sprinkled throughout. This seems very well balanced in respect to the entire Pokemon universe.

In an interview, the creators said X and Y are based on coordinates. They made it very clear they are not based on chromosomes. That argument is moot.
Then why would they make the pokemon based on life and death, and then stick the DNA helix everywhere for the mega-evolutions (and arguably Xerneas' horns and Yveltal's diamond patterns)? I'm not saying that they aren't spatial coordinates (with the leap to 3D and pokemon rumored to evolve by rotating the 3DS, they definitely have that theme going), but why can't both themes be valid? I can't find the interview you are talking about, but if they really didn't want references to chromosomes and DNA, somebody didn't alert the art department.

Well, about the number of Pokemon, if you count the Mega Evolutions with the new pokemons, you have a pretty good number.
Graphically, there's few difference between an evolution and Mega Evolution (Just look at Mawile, for exple).

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Guys. Guys, guys, guys, guys, GUYS.

The last three pages of discussion had no solid leaks aside from that rumored champion snapshot. All your GTA V, Sandboxes, feelings about game reviews (because god forbid people have preferences), Pokemon speculations and nitpicks, and just god forbid personal freaking preferences should belong right freakin' here. And yes, stay on topic.

I'm a little upset you guys distorted this into something else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)