Some sort of Egg 'RNG' Abuse (Read the first post!)

Hi guys, I have been doing some test with this RNG Breeding

For the Test:
I use 2 Magikarp (no Hidden Ability) with the same Nature to breed
Then after I got the desired IVs spread, the Offspring is a Male and has no Hiddent Ability
I use Eevee Male with Hidden Ability to breed with Ditto (Eevee has 7-1 Gender Ratio)
The Eevee Offspring got 5 perfect IVs (as I expected) the Gender is Male and it has no Hidden ability
I tried to reset it multiple times but its still the same

So my question is, whether both the Gender and Ability are locked as well?
Gender and ability are locked.

Just to clarify, in order to perform the masuda method this way, the new parents need to be of different regions as well?

One Question, If I breed Genderless Pkm such as Beldum with Ditto
Does it apply to this method?
If it does then will Beldum serve as female/male?

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Alright, something very strange is happening.

1. Magikarp (Dad)
Magikarp - #129 (Timid) : 19 / 0 / 24 - 25 / 26 / 27 - 28 / 24
2. Magikarp (Mom)
Magikarp - #129 (Adamant) : 31 / 5 - 6 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

From these parents, I found out that my inheritance is:

Mom/Dad/Mom/X/Dad/Dad

I put a Sawk with 31 Atk, SpD and Spe and a Ditto with 31 HP and Def.
If Ditto always counts as the opposite Gender, it should produce a 5IV baby, but it's giving me a baby Sawk with nothing but 31 in Atk and Spe. What gives?

We really need to get a new thread or update the OP with new info.

But to answer the two posts above me, there are actually 2 different spreads locked in by this method. One applies to bisexual pokemon (including nidoran, probably also volbeat/illumise), and the other to monosexual pokemon (including genderless). As such, the sawk/beldum uses the monosexual spread while the magikarp test parents use the bisexual spread.

Also, in the case of genderless+ditto, ditto = female, genderless poke = male.

If anyone's willing to compile all the updated info in this thread, I can edit the OP with it.
There are two different spreads, one for bisexual pokemon (+nidoran/volbeat/illumise) and one for monosexual (including genderless).

In a Ditto + genderless combo, ditto = female, genderless = male.

Masuda method shinies are locked in (provided you switch to other masuda parents)

Gender, HA ability, the random stat, and nature are locked in (assuming same gender ratio/able to inherit HA/no everstone).

Did I miss anything?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
There are two different spreads, one for bisexual pokemon (+nidoran/volbeat/illumise) and one for monosexual (including genderless).

In a Ditto + genderless combo, ditto = female, genderless = male.

Masuda method shinies are locked in (provided you switch to other masuda parents)

Gender, HA ability, the random stat, and nature are locked in (assuming same gender ratio/able to inherit HA/no everstone).

Did I miss anything?
In a Ditto + bisexual pokémon, the Ditto acts as the other gender, am I correct?

How does this method function in terms of abilities? I am using a Gyarados and a Ditto for testing, and it seems to lock the ability of my resulting Eevee to Adaptability, even if the ability of the Gyarados is the default one (Intimidate).

Anyone know how this process applies for abilities and gender?

How does this method function in terms of abilities? I am using a Gyarados and a Ditto for testing, and it seems to lock the ability of my resulting Eevee to Adaptability, even if the ability of the Gyarados is the default one (Intimidate).

Anyone know how this process applies for abilities and gender?
gender is locked in. If the target has the same or higher ratio for the gender as the test (e.g., if you get female for a 50:50, you'll get female for 25%male/75%female), it will be the same gender. Lower, and all bets are off. HA ability inheritance is locked, but you will only know if it is or not if you use test parents which can pass the HA.

does natures effect this method and do i need test parents with no perfect IVs or just not the same stats?
The nature of the parents have no effect, unless one holds a everstone in which case it will pass on its nature (no other effects). Your test parents can have any natures or IVs you want, so long as you know what they are and they have no matching pairs. The nature of the child is locked (unless overridden by an everstone).

should i be checking the test parents ivs or check their stats at lvl 50. i watch a video tutorial over it and thats what was said to do but hasnt worked for me yet.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Just editted the OP. It still needs more information (as in, a better explanation of how to use the exploit), but it's good for now.

My shiny Frogadier keeps inheriting the same IV's. 31/31/31/31/31/30. Both parents have 31 Speed so Speed is the random IV, but the randomness is taken out apparently even though I saved before the egg was made. At least it's close to 31, I might only battle casually with this one though!

My shiny Frogadier keeps inheriting the same IV's. 31/31/31/31/31/30. Both parents have 31 Speed so Speed is the random IV, but the randomness is taken out apparently even though I saved before the egg was made. At least it's close to 31, I might only battle casually with this one though!
Yes, we know this. I probably should've been more specific and said the value of the random stat instead of just the random stat.

The point of the method is to remove (or, well, freeze) the RNG. That's how it works.

Different OT parents will also screw this up.

Gender ratios are not important, what is important is those with 100% gender/genderless you need parents with 100% gender/genderless respectively.

Pretty much bred a whole boxful of eevees from magikarps using this method.

Different OT parents will also screw this up.

Gender ratios are not important, what is important is those with 100% gender/genderless you need parents with 100% gender/genderless respectively.

Pretty much bred a whole boxful of eevees from magikarps using this method.
I haven't had any problems with different OTs (including foreign).

I just thought I'd confirm that shininess and ability are locked and that you can reset as many times as needed to verify everything before committing to the final result. I hatched a Masuda shiny Magikarp while resetting for a good inheritance this morning. After taking it to the battle institute and getting the inheritance I (against every instinct I have) soft reset the game. I then replaced the parents with a female HA Eevee and a male JPN Dedenne with desirable IVs and got the egg. It hatched shiny but without the HA (If it had I would have a shiny Magic Bounce Espeon). So with this knowledge (shiny, no HA inheritance) I used a JPN female HA Ralts and a quint perfect male Ralts to create a flawless shiny Trace Ralts.

I managed to get a perfect Sap Sipper Miltank for a monogender test mother but before I start giving them away I will try to get egg moves on it so I and others can use it to breed "real" Miltank. Do Pokemon inherit every single Egg move their parents knew at one point or is the maximum 4 or 8? The former would make sense since the game stores the egg moves in the Pokemon files but it might not be the case. In the case of the former I will get every single egg move onto it. Right now, all I'm really missing is a Sap Sipper Marill.

I just thought I'd confirm that shininess and ability are locked and that you can reset as many times as needed to verify everything before committing to the final result. I hatched a Masuda shiny Magikarp while resetting for a good inheritance this morning. After taking it to the battle institute and getting the inheritance I (against every instinct I have) soft reset the game. I then replaced the parents with a female HA Eevee and a male JPN Dedenne with desirable IVs and got the egg. It hatched shiny but without the HA (If it had I would have a shiny Magic Bounce Espeon). So with this knowledge (shiny, no HA inheritance) I used a JPN female HA Ralts and a quint perfect male Ralts to create a flawless shiny Trace Ralts.
The good thing about 6th gen is that even if it came out with Synchronize you could have kept it and used an Ability Capsule.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)