Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ivs should i use on a brave nature aegislash: king sheild,shadow sneak, shadow ball, sacred sword
I dont think i can breed a 6iv one so which ivs should i get then?

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Bulbapedia says that scald thaws frozen opponents as of sixth gen. I can't trust bulbapedia on battle mechanics, so is this true? Does scald thaw frozen opponents in game?

Do females caught in HG/SS in Kurt's Apricorn balls pass those ball-sprites to their offspring when transferred and bred in generation 6?

Anyone with bank can confirm this?

I believe so.

---

So, I've just recently started picking up on a few additional battle mechanics. I want to run Crobat, and with 0 HP investment at Level 50, it reaches 160 HP, which is a Leftovers number, I believe. However, it is tempting to run some HP investment, but the next possible Leftovers number would be 176 HP with 124 HP investment, but I believe it still takes maximum damage from Stealth Rock since it is divisible by 4. Would it be better to gain a Leftovers number, or take minimal damage from Stealth Rock, and does a Leftovers and Stealth Rock number exist?

Also, posted this in the wrong thread at first, pardon me.

Last edited:
All numbers divisible by 16 are divisible by 8, 4, and 2.
So basically, it doesn't exist. Mm, just wanted to be certain. I assume I should just run a Stealth Rock number for it, then. Thanks.

Where do you find the Expert Belt? Serebii says Lumiose City, but Lumiose City is a big place. :u
It's in that one building on the surrounding street, 3rd floor given to you by an NPC, above the ghost girl in the lower floor.

Last edited:
Was curious about this one so I looked it up. Treecko with 12 HP at level one must have at least a 20 HP IV.
Close but wrong. Due to super-training (there are wings too but using up to 255 of the same wing seems highly unlikely), it's possible to have EVs without experience. So calculating that in, the minimum is actually zero.

Close but wrong. Due to super-training, it's possible to have EVs without experience. So calculating that in, the minimum is actually zero.
Blast you!

In the context of the question, though, I maintain that he was most likely referring to a freshly-hatched, completely-untrained Treecko, possibly with intent of being able to filter hatched Treeckos by HP total before bothering feeding them to the IV calculator.

Bulbapedia says that scald thaws frozen opponents as of sixth gen. I can't trust bulbapedia on battle mechanics, so is this true? Does scald thaw frozen opponents in game?
Yes, this is true. It also thaws you out if you're frozen and use it.

Will a female caught in a Master Ball still pass down the Master Ball to its offspring? I see no reason it shouldn't, but Gamefreak can be weird sometimes.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes, this is true. It also thaws you out if you're frozen and use it.

Will a female caught in a Master Ball still pass down the Master Ball to its offspring? I see no reason it shouldn't, but Gamefreak can be weird sometimes.

No, Master Balls cannot be passed down, iirc it results in the offspring being in a regular Pokeball when attempted.

In what scenario does the OU council begins to run a suspect like Mega Kang and Mega Gengar? A little bit curious as they seem to pop out of nowhere. (and I am starting to get tired seeing how Mega Lucario outclasses almost every single Mega in the meta)

haunter

Banned deucer.
In what scenario does the OU council begins to run a suspect like Mega Kang and Mega Gengar? A little bit curious as they seem to pop out of nowhere. (and I am starting to get tired seeing how Mega Lucario outclasses almost every single Mega in the meta)
Mega-Gengar and Kangaskhan weren't even suspected, but just quick-banned (see more about quick-bans in my sticky thread). We periodically discuss about the state of the metagame and evaluate if there are factors to consider for suspect tests/bans. We'll likely start suspect testing stuff quite soon.

Also, the fact that Mega-Lucario "outclasses" other Mega-Pokémon in the metagame is largely irrelevant. We don't test/ban stuff because they're the best at fulfilling a cartain role (otherwise Scizor would have been banned almost immediately in Gen V), but only when their presence in the metagame is perceived as unhealthy for its development.

Mega-Gengar and Kangaskhan weren't even suspected, but just quick-banned (see more about quick-bans in my sticky thread). We periodically discuss about the state of the metagame and evaluate if there are factors to consider for suspect tests/bans. We'll likely start suspect testing stuff quite soon.

Also, the fact that Mega-Lucario "outclasses" other Mega-Pokémon in the metagame is largely irrelevant. We don't test/ban stuff because they're the best at fulfilling a cartain role (otherwise Scizor would have been banned almost immediately in Gen V), but only when their presence in the metagame is perceived as unhealthy for its development.
Well, than I would wait patiently and see if my overview to lucario is correct

Just one more thing to be added on the note, the case could be a little different when it comes to Megas than other things like Scizor, that you only have one Mega slot. Mega Lucario repels not only for the position of a powerful set up sweeper but also things that are completely irrelevant outside being a mega. But of course this could be merely an overhype trend and will cool down a bit after things are settled down(although I don't really think so). While this alone is unlikely to be a sufficient reason, it surely stacks with existing factors. Hopefully I have written what I mean.

haunter

Banned deucer.
The fact that you have one mega slot is, again, irrelevant since, you know, you're not forced to carry a mega Pokémon on your team. Many would argue that Mega-Venusaur fits their teams much better than Lucario, because of its useful resistances and great defensive stats. Others might say that Mega-Charizard X is a better set up sweeper because of dragon dance and nearly unresisted dual stab, and so on. Anyway, don't worry, we're looking at Mega-Luke closely.

In the "XY OU Viability Ranking Thread", some Pokemon have a colon next to their names (e.g. Heatran:, Greninja:) when listed in their respective tiers. What does this represent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)