Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For an Assault Vest Excadrill set, running a spread of 252 Atk/ 252 Sp. Def with an Adamant is recommended, but should there be any speed investment to outspeed notable threats?

Someone said most people do level 50 battles over wifi. I know pokemon above level 50 get reduced to level 50, but do pokemon under level 50 get increased to level 50? For example, I finished training my Sableye at 29 because that's when it learns the last move I needed for it. If I do a wifi battle with it, will the game keep it at 29 or will it be at 50?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Someone said most people do level 50 battles over wifi. I know pokemon above level 50 get reduced to level 50, but do pokemon under level 50 get increased to level 50? For example, I finished training my Sableye at 29 because that's when it learns the last move I needed for it. If I do a wifi battle with it, will the game keep it at 29 or will it be at 50?
yes

Can Sky Battles be fought on Wifi, or are they only ingame and Pokemon Showdown?
sadly they're only in-game and on PS. the only way you could play sky battles is if you have a pre-arranged battle with both players agreeing to the sky battle rules

For an Assault Vest Excadrill set, running a spread of 252 Atk/ 252 Sp. Def with an Adamant is recommended, but should there be any speed investment to outspeed notable threats?
is the excadrill supposed to play in sand, aka sand rush? if so, then no speed. if not, and you use mold breaker instead, then I would suggest only putting a few EVs in speed to creep rotom-w and KO with Earthquake

yes
Wait, yes the game will keep it at 29 or yes it will be raised to 50?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ah okay, thanks!
also it's worth mentioning that in the battle spot, if you're lv29 it will stay 29 and won't be scaled to 50 (if you're above 50 though, it will scale), but if you're playing with a friend then you set the rules yourselves

dumb as fuck on GF's part

What is a good way to counter Azumarill when using a Rain team?
Mega Venusaur, if you can afford the Mega Slot for it, hard counters Azumarill.

Tentacruel comes pretty damn close, being able to take its attacks all day. Just make sure to run Sludge Bomb so you can actually damage it and watch out for Assault Vest Azumarill with Knock Off. It also fits well onto a Rain team. Slowking can also take most of its attacks, but not repeatedly. Slack Off and Regenerator help. Tangrowth is one of the better Assault Vest and Infestation users, and it beats any Azumarill lacking Ice Punch.

Mega Venusaur, if you can afford the Mega Slot for it, hard counters Azumarill.

Tentacruel comes pretty damn close, being able to take its attacks all day. Just make sure to run Sludge Bomb so you can actually damage it and watch out for Assault Vest Azumarill with Knock Off. It also fits well onto a Rain team. Slowking can also take most of its attacks, but not repeatedly. Slack Off and Regenerator help. Tangrowth is one of the better Assault Vest and Infestation users, and it beats any Azumarill lacking Ice Punch.
Just to comment on your sig in the middle of a thread, shedinja would be a better target than combee, at least percentage wise, thanks to that lovely 1 HP pretty much multiplying the percent of health calcs by about 11 or so.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How can i get ice punch and drain punch in scrafty
You can get both Ice Punch and Drain Punch on scrafty at the same time by breeding a female scrafty with a smeargle that knows both moves, Smeargle and Scrafty are in the same egg group and both Drain Punch and Ice Punch are egg moves for the scraggy line, so both moves will pass on to the hatched Scraggy.

How can i get ice punch and drain punch in scrafty
Drain Punch can be gotten as an egg move from Mienfoo or Smeargle. Ice Punch is from Smeargle only.

Just to comment on your sig in the middle of a thread, shedinja would be a better target than combee, at least percentage wise, thanks to that lovely 1 HP pretty much multiplying the percent of health calcs by about 11 or so.
Do I look like I care about percentage? 100-something million damage is what I care about. Also that comment goes in my profile next time.

Tha
You can get both Ice Punch and Drain Punch on scrafty at the same time by breeding a female scrafty with a smeargle that knows both moves, Smeargle and Scrafty are in the same egg group and both Drain Punch and Ice Punch are egg moves for the scraggy line, so both moves will pass on to the hatched Scraggy.
Im a bit of a noob can i know how smeargle learn ice punch

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tha

Im a bit of a noob can i know how smeargle learn ice punch
Sketch allows Smeargle to permanently copy any move it wants as long as it was the one that was last used in battle, so what you'd have to do is get into a double battle with a pokemon with Ice Punch that can outspeed Smeargle and a Smeargle with Sketch, have your other pokemon use ice punch on another opponent and have smeargle sketch its teammate, the Smeargle will learn Ice Punch as long as one of the opposing pokemon doesn't cut in first. The Same goes for Drain Punch. Smeargle can repeatedly learn sketch every ten levels or by using a heart scale.

Do female pokemon with their hidden abilities still have a 60% of passing on the ability when bred with a non-ditto male (matching egg groups of course)?

Sketch allows Smeargle to permanently copy any move it wants as long as it was the one that was last used in battle, so what you'd have to do is get into a double battle with a pokemon with Ice Punch that can outspeed Smeargle and a Smeargle with Sketch, have your other pokemon use ice punch on another opponent and have smeargle sketch its teammate, the Smeargle will learn Ice Punch as long as one of the opposing pokemon doesn't cut in first. The Same goes for Drain Punch. Smeargle can repeatedly learn sketch every ten levels or by using a heart scale.
Thank you, you really helped me out

can someone teach me the whole process of getting a defog+bravebird skarmory/(or defog+SR Empoleon) in xy? Skarm/empo never had defog as egg move, and pokemon with HM moves cant be transferred over between gens.

Currently I have Plat+B2 to work with.

can someone teach me the whole process of getting a defog+bravebird skarmory/(or defog+SR Empoleon) in xy? Skarm/empo never had defog as egg move, and pokemon with HM moves cant be transferred over between gens.

Currently I have Plat+B2 to work with.
1. Breed the mon you want in Platinum. This is done a LOT faster with RNG manipulation. Make sure to learn any TMs, HMs, and Egg moves here, like Defog, SR, and Brave Bird.
2. Get a friend's HeartGold or SoulSilver. Trade the mon over.
3. Transfer the mon from HeartGold or SoulSilver into Black 2.
4. Pokebank it over to X/Y.

1. Breed the mon you want in Platinum. This is done a LOT faster with RNG manipulation. Make sure to learn any TMs, HMs, and Egg moves here, like Defog, SR, and Brave Bird.
2. Get a friend's HeartGold or SoulSilver. Trade the mon over.
3. Transfer the mon from HeartGold or SoulSilver into Black 2.
4. Pokebank it over to X/Y.
thank you!
So i guess since SS doesnt count Defog as HM moves, its transferrable between plat and SS?

thank you!
So i guess since SS doesnt count Defog as HM moves, its transferrable between plat and SS?
Prior to Gen 5, HM mons were completely tradeable, because you had to be in a Pokemon center to do so and couldn't be Surfing or something. You just couldn't transfer the mons, so you need HG/SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)