Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can the Smogon Dex suggest a Sheer Force Tauros set with the move Double-Edge in it? I thought Sheer Force got introduced in generation IV, while Double-Edge is a move that can only be tutored in generation III.
Sheer Force is actually its hidden ability, introduced in Gen V. However, you are right in that Double-Edge can only be tutored in gen 3 (or TMed in Gen 1). So you can't get Sheer Force and Double-Edge (either that, or serebii, veekun, and bulbapedia are all wrong and Double-Edge can be taught more recently) on the same Tauros.

Sheer Force is actually its hidden ability, introduced in Gen V. However, you are right in that Double-Edge can only be tutored in gen 3 (or TMed in Gen 1). So you can't get Sheer Force and Double-Edge (either that, or serebii, veekun, and bulbapedia are all wrong and Double-Edge can be taught more recently) on the same Tauros.
Yeah, exactly. So how is it possible on XY sets for Tauros?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but anyway it's about Battle Maison. When I try to do the multi-battle option with an AI it shows that none of them are eligible to pick. Is there a certain requirement that's needed? Again sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
It's been a while since I messed with the battle frontier in Platinum, but is the list of Pokemon used by the AI in the battle tower the same as D/P? Or are they different between D/P and Platinum?

I've never played any of those games before so I couldn't really tell you. I forgot to mention this is for Pokémon ORAS. If you do a little searching you should be able to find some information on this

Last edited:
Any idea where I could go to find the stats on a freshly caught HP-Ice Thundurus in ORAS? Specifically looking for stats on Timid, Modest, and Bold.

Any idea where I could go to find the stats on a freshly caught HP-Ice Thundurus in ORAS? Specifically looking for stats on Timid, Modest, and Bold.
Buckert's guide gives you the maximum stats for every legendary Pokemon available for capture in gen 6 at the level they're encountered at for beneficial, neutral, and hindering natures. (in Thundurus' case, you apply the hindering Attack stat and beneficial for Speed, Special Attack, and Defense respectively for each actual nature you're synchronizing for) The ideal HP Ice stats for nearly everything that wants it would be 31/0/30/31/31/31, but any even IV in Attack along with minimum of 28 in Defense will do. You're going to have to land to check the stats anyway, so just check the Hidden Power in Fortree if the stats seem ideal.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey there, you could use any of the popular damage calculators floating around and enter the IV values there. Here's the link to the Pokemon Showdown! calculator. Alternatively, you could check out Buckert's Soft Resetting Guide which has the stats of all the freshly caught Legendaries with perfect IVs listed there.

I'll save you the trouble this time though. Here are the stats of a freshly caught Thundurus with those natures. Do note though that at level 50 and with no EVs, IVs of 30 and 31 produce the same stats. The only way you'll be able to differentiate them is if you visit the IV checker in the Battle Resort Pokemon Center, the Hidden Power checker in Fortree, and enter all the information you get into an IV calculator.

Listing both the 0 and 30/31 IV stats for attack since 0 is seen as the perfect IV for that stat, but knowing what it is when it's 30/31 will help you recognise at a glance whether you may have landed one of the guaranteed perfect stats in attack. The best spread is 31/0/30/31/31/31 but any even number in attack will do.

Timid:

HP: 154
Atk: 108 (0 IV), 121 (30/31 IV)
Def: 90
SpA: 145
SpD: 100
Spe: 144

Modest:

Def: 90
SpA: 159
Spe: 131

Bold:

Def: 99
SpA: 145
Spe: 131

edit: damn ninja'd, and by quite some time too lol

Awesome, i'm currently away from a computer, but i'll make sure to bookmark that site when i get the chance. And thanks for the stats, it'll make it easier to SR in the mean time

Hi everyone, sorry for disturbing, I have a question about evs. I already excuse myself if this isn't the right place to ask or if I don't express myself very well (I'm not english) but I'll try to do my best.

I've always thought that the sooner a pokemon gets maximum evs in a stat, the better it is, because if (for example) a Milotic has full Def evs since it is level 18, it will get maximum Def points since it goes to lv 19, while if it gets (for example) maximum Def evs at lv 58 its Def will grow with maximum points each level since it goes to lv 59.
The problem I've had is that my 18 lv feebas has to improve its Sp. Def but i can't find in DP pokemons that can give me those evs, the only ones are at about lv 30, so this means I would have to let him grow to lv 30 or more but I'm afraid then he wouldn't reach lv 100 with the best of Sp. Def points. Is there the possibility that a pkmn at lv 100 will always get the same points in a stat no matter the level when he took all the evs it needed?

I hope I expained myself a bit well, cam someone help me?

Thanks,
Luke

Hi everyone, sorry for disturbing, I have a question about evs. I already excuse myself if this isn't the right place to ask or if I don't express myself very well (I'm not english) but I'll try to do my best.

I've always thought that the sooner a pokemon gets maximum evs in a stat, the better it is, because if (for example) a Milotic has full Def evs since it is level 18, it will get maximum Def points since it goes to lv 19, while if it gets (for example) maximum Def evs at lv 58 its Def will grow with maximum points each level since it goes to lv 59.
The problem I've had is that my 18 lv feebas has to improve its Sp. Def but i can't find in DP pokemons that can give me those evs, the only ones are at about lv 30, so this means I would have to let him grow to lv 30 or more but I'm afraid then he wouldn't reach lv 100 with the best of Sp. Def points. Is there the possibility that a pkmn at lv 100 will always get the same points in a stat no matter the level when he took all the evs it needed?

I hope I expained myself a bit well, cam someone help me?

Thanks,
Luke
Uh, yeah. Maximum investment will only see the full 63 point benefit to a stat at level 100 no matter when it gets them all. If you're looking to raise its EV's quickly, the vitamins will provide the first 100 EV's to the corresponding stat at 10 points a pop. (there's no effect beyond that) Wild Tentacool/Tentacruel don't have Pursuit, so you can put Feebas in the lead position (preferably holding Power Band and infected with Pokerus to speed things along) and switch to another Pokemon when the battle starts. Just remember to keep track of what its gained, as a stat can have a maximum of 255 points, but the last 3 are useless.

Uh, yeah. Maximum investment will only see the full 63 point benefit to a stat at level 100 no matter when it gets them all. If you're looking to raise its EV's quickly, the vitamins will provide the first 100 EV's to the corresponding stat at 10 points a pop. (there's no effect beyond that) Wild Tentacool/Tentacruel don't have Pursuit, so you can put Feebas in the lead position (preferably holding Power Band and infected with Pokerus to speed things along) and switch to another Pokemon when the battle starts. Just remember to keep track of what its gained, as a stat can have a maximum of 255 points, but the last 3 are useless.
Thanks a lot detective, from now on I'll be able to evs my pkmn(s) since higher levels than the previous ones (that didn't go over 20, LoL)

Thanks a lot detective, from now on I'll be able to evs my pkmn(s) since higher levels than the previous ones (that didn't go over 20, LoL)
If you try out EV training in gen 6, this guide will show you how to take advantage of horde battles. The maximum has also been capped at 252 per stat in the current generation, making for far less worry about going over. (still 510 points total)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
When Horde Battling (as you tend to do a lot for EV training), does anything happen when you encounter Shiny Pokémon? Specifically, will the shiny "ringing" be heard, and when?

Just wondering if I really need to pay attention to the colouration of all the foes before using an all-KO-ing move, or if I should just listen for the sound. The latter would make EV training in combination with video watching a lot easier.

When Horde Battling (as you tend to do a lot for EV training), does anything happen when you encounter Shiny Pokémon? Specifically, will the shiny "ringing" be heard, and when?

Just wondering if I really need to pay attention to the colouration of all the foes before using an all-KO-ing move, or if I should just listen for the sound. The latter would make EV training in combination with video watching a lot easier.
I usually play with the sound off so I don't know for sure, but I know the sparkle animation plays, so I assume it makes the sound too.

The sparkle of 'Oh, hey, a shiny!' is seen and heard in a horde battle, and about when you'd normally see/hear it: just after the cries. I found this out when EV training a Pichu in X, and encountered a shiny Mareep. (good thing the Special Attack points they give are useful to Raichu, as my Pichu had Lightning Rod)

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but anyway it's about Battle Maison. When I try to do the multi-battle option with an AI it shows that none of them are eligible to pick. Is there a certain requirement that's needed? Again sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this
Still wondering about this. Anyone have any ideas why I'm not able to choose an AI? This is for Pokémon AS by the way

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Still wondering about this. Anyone have any ideas why I'm not able to choose an AI? This is for Pokémon AS by the way
Are you talking about how you can't select any AIs that are generated by your friends list? Or there aren't any at all? Because in ORAS you should have Steven, Archie / Maxie, Wally and your rival from the start no matter what, and (unfortunately) you don't get the option to add more AIs by adding friends like in XY.

If you don't even have those characters to choose from then I'm stumped o_0

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Yes. They're all there but a message down at the bottom of the selection screen shows none are eligible
Yeah well there you go. Like I said, you can't use those in the ORAS Maison. It's weird that they're showing up there though, I've never heard of this happening before... You're just going to have to plow through with Steven I'm afraid (actually a good thing coz Mega Metagross is ridiculous and way better than any of the friend list AIs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)