Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The /leave command seems to be functioning wrong.

When I use the command the chat says I left and my name doesn't appear in the userlist anymore, but I actually still am in the room (similar to logging off while still in a room). Not sure what deinit is supposed to mean.

Last edited:
The /leave command seems to be functioning wrong.

When I use the command the chat says I left and my name doesn't appear in the userlist anymore, but I actually still am in the room (similar to logging off while still in a room). Not sure what deinit is supposed to mean.
Please disable scripts before reporting an issue, in particular kota's autojoin script. While I technically don't provide support for external scripts, remove those lines. (or just remove this script, but there is currently no join functionality in Showdown client so far)

Code:
        if (entry.indexOf("|refresh") == 0 || entry.indexOf("|deinit") == 0 || entry.match(/\|noinit\|?$/))
            return "||" + entry;
(thanks Ridaz for telling me about this issue with kota's script)

Last edited:

DoW

formally Death on Wings
For the /movesearch feature, it doesn't seem to list tri-attack under moves that can burn, freeze or paralyse:

Heyo, found a bug while having this battle here:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-234790228
On turn 21, the Wobbufett gets off a first move Destiny Bond due to the effect of its Custap berry, and did not faint during that same turn. This should mean the effect of Destiny Bond is no longer active at the start of turn 22.

However, upon being fainted the next turn, Destiny Bond still takes effect.
I figured this had to be a bug, as I've run into Quick Claw Wobbufett before, (granted, never Custap berry using ones), and safely fainted them the following turn.
I would think it's logical to assume that both Custap berry and Quick Claw are treated as a similar event when it comes to Destiny Bond's mechanic, right?

I've also double checked this on Bulbapedia:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Destiny_Bond_(move)
"if the user is faster than the opponent (or otherwise moves first), Destiny Bond only lasts for the current turn; conversely, if the user moves last, it takes effect during the next turn."
The "(or otherwise moves first)" is the berry/Quick Claw/Prankster Priority, no?

Also, just to verify more, it says "if the user moves last, it takes effect during the next turn." It moved first regardless. Therefore Destiny Bond shouldn't be activated.

Alright, thanks! :)

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Heyo, found a bug while having this battle here:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-234790228
On turn 21, the Wobbufett gets off a first move Destiny Bond due to the effect of its Custap berry, and did not faint during that same turn. This should mean the effect of Destiny Bond is no longer active at the start of turn 22.
★allanallday: i think its until my next turn
★allanallday: i used, you hit (didnt kill), then you outsped
Your opponent was right. Destiny Bond's effect lasts until the user takes another turn. Since your Wobbuffet didn't have a turn between Victini hitting it twice, Destiny Bond was still active. This has been the case since the move was introduced in Gen 2.

Either way, Bulbapedia is generally not a reliable source for mechanics, and has clearly overcomplicated the description in this case. If you find the /dt description of a move on PS isn't quite long enough to do it justice, you can mouse over it in a battle or check out the PSdex for the long version.

Having two instances of Showdown web client open wreaks havoc with notifications.

I did this by accident and also had all my previous battles re-open and start replaying themselves, resulting in a crapload of notifications.

Having two instances open (at least on the same name) should be disallowed by default so it isn't done unintentionally.

Additionally, I'm not sure if the person challenging me then cancelling twice had anything to do with re-activating my old battles as replays or not.

whenever I go into the game I don't even get to log in, once I get to the playing part home screen, it says this:
Couldn't connect to server!
or: You have disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted.

Having two instances of Showdown web client open wreaks havoc with notifications.

I did this by accident and also had all my previous battles re-open and start replaying themselves, resulting in a crapload of notifications.

Having two instances open (at least on the same name) should be disallowed by default so it isn't done unintentionally.
As long as it isn't too difficult to play on two devices without having to log the first out out.

I haven't been able to use Pokemon Showdown for three days. It continues to say that I need to reconnect or retry. I've reset my router twice now.

EDIT: It works fine on my phone, which is the confusing part.

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
When watching replays, if I Reset and then Play again, the logs on the side don't appear.(They do appear when watching the first time, or if I refresh, but even after refreshing they disappear upon resetting)

Not sure if this is the right place to post, feel free to redirect me if it's not. My issue is with the damage calculator. Hitmontop's move Triple Kick doesn't show up.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Not sure if this is the right place to post, feel free to redirect me if it's not. My issue is with the damage calculator. Hitmontop's move Triple Kick doesn't show up.
Lower used/non competitive moves are not usually added to the calc.

The bug is : Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile on showdown are unable to learn their elemental hyper beam but they can in the games.
http://prntscr.com/79qz5c This is proof ( They could learn it in XD but not on Showdown?)
There are a number of event moves which are missing.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
The bug is : Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile on showdown are unable to learn their elemental hyper beam but they can in the games.
http://prntscr.com/79qz5c This is proof ( They could learn it in XD but not on Showdown?)
Thanks for reporting; they'll be usable next update/restart (when that happens, just ignore the teambuilder if it says the moves are illegal and try using them anyway).
There are a number of event moves which are missing.
Do you have any other examples?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Do you have any other examples?
A number of XD/Colo moves are missing too.

Refresh mightyena was causing an issue for a user yesterday. Refresh poochyena is from XD and was causing issues with intimidate iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)