Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
What advantages does fucking focus miss thundurus have on a mixed set with superpower in OU? Do I miss any important KOs by splitting the EVs in attacking stats? I can't think of any.
The most likely targets that come to mind would be Ferrothorn and Mega Charizard X, which are 2HKOed by Focus Blast (or at least become easier to KO before / after a couple of Thunderbolts), whereas Superpower wears them down much slower and doesn't 2HKO.

Hi,regarding relaxed support Tyranitar,i understand that relaxed is here to make ice beam more effective but how about iv's ? should it have 31 in speed or 31 in special attack if relaxed ? (with a little explanation please) thanks in advance ^^

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Hi,regarding relaxed support Tyranitar,i understand that relaxed is here to make ice beam more effective but how about iv's ? should it have 31 in speed or 31 in special attack if relaxed ? (with a little explanation please) thanks in advance ^^
Just use 31 in both, there's no reason not to max all your IVs in most situations.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If you're breeding in-game speed is important, but given that its not outpacing much with Relaxed anyway I wouldn't worry about maxing it if you're strapped for time. Go for it if you can but its not completely detrimental to miss out on a few points with Relaxed.

thanks to you two for your responses and yes i was actually breeding on alpha saphire that's why asked,ok then i'll keep the speed iv one,thanks again.

sup guys what's a good set for SR rachi
and
how do i know whether or not sub cm keldeo is better than specs for my team

Last edited:
In my case is having both unaware and wish/twave.

This is the real reason I use cleffable even if I'm locked into moonlight for moonblast stab unaware sells this little guy hard for me.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why does everyone in the subforum seem to have such a huge mega lati boner rn? it's a solid mon on balance at all, but i feel like the amazing hazard control provided by mega sableye, helping to deal with hazard stack (a big problem for a lot of balance teams), in conjunction with all of its utility options makes it a significantly better pick in my option. Also, doesn't the metagame shifting to a fatter focus make it less favorable for mlati since its main boon was supposed to be boltbeam coverage to hit tons of offensive mons super effectively? I'm not saying it's a bad mega by any means, but I just feel like it's way too overhyped and doesn't end up being as epic as most people say it is in the long run.

Knock off immunity on a bulky psychic that renders most FWG cores useless, it's quite a good tool to have in this metagame especially when counting it's decent match up vs Excadrill, it still fears CB TTAR but that's for another discussion.

Simply put the use of wallbreakers put megasableye in an awkward position despite his utility, he can only come in twice at best in balance build when compared to stall builds.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Mega sableye balance tends to be underwhelming for a variety of reasons. Sableye doesn't check a whole lot of mons and is role is basically just to keep hazards off. Sableye gets overwhelmed easily and it has a hard time switching into offensive variants of the rockers it needs to. It has some useful stuff like wisp and knock but mega sableye by itself isn't great. To the contrary, mega latias handles a massive array of threats with ease and is one of the best blanket checks in the tier. It has a wide variety of roles it can preform effectively, from defogger to twave spreader to cm sweeper etc. Imo something as versatile mega latias is def better than something extremely one track and predictable like mega sableye.

p2

Banned deucer.
i don't know what you're on but having control of the hazard game is huge especially because it nullifies the weakness to spikes that a lot of teams suffer from. its far from underwhelming.

I don't believe this has been asked before. I was wondering:

Since Pokemon that were bred before gen 6 can't be used in online wi-fi battles (in the actual gen 6 games), why are Pokemon like Softboiled Clefable allowed in Smogon's rules for online battle simulators? It's not broken enough for a suspect test; I'm more concerned about the technical aspect. Since Softboiled is unusable on Clefable in online wi-fi battles, shouldn't people be forced to run Moonlight on Clefable? Similar to how wi-fi battles also prevent the use of badly hacked stats on Pokemon.

Applies to other Pokemon too, but Clefable is the most relevant one.

Edit: I think it is legal for local battles, so if that's what determines legality, then it's okay. But I think hacked stats on Pokemon (like 252 EVs across the board) are also allowed in local battles.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Since Pokemon that were bred before gen 6 can't be used in online wi-fi battles (in the actual gen 6 games), why are Pokemon like Softboiled Clefable allowed in Smogon's rules for online battle simulators? It's not broken enough for a suspect test; I'm more concerned about the technical aspect. Since Softboiled is unusable on Clefable in online wi-fi battles, shouldn't people be forced to run Moonlight on Clefable? Similar to how wi-fi battles also prevent the use of badly hacked stats on Pokemon.

Edit: I think it is legal for local battles, so if that's what determines legality, then it's okay. But I think hacked stats on Pokemon (like 252 EVs across the board) are also allowed in local battles.
The PS battle simulator work differently than the online wi-fi battles and isnt tied to the online battles restrictions gamefreak has on their games.

What the simulator does is determine if said combination of moves is possible to obtain under legal terms even though it would be a gigantic pain to do so. On the clefable case, it is perfectly possible to obtain a soft-boiled clefable with perfect IVs from pokemon fire red /leaf green since you can use pal park to pass it to 4th gen games, from there to the 5th gen games and from there use pokebank to pass to XY. It is also technically possible to use this mon on online battles as well.

I had to pass a defog flygon to ORAS with this process so I would know the pain, but it is perfectly possible.

Wait so Pokemon transferred up from last Gens can't be used in any online battle or just in online tournaments and stuff?

Wait so Pokemon transferred up from last Gens can't be used in any online battle or just in online tournaments and stuff?
Can't be used in online battles or tournaments (as far as I know for the latter; I haven't played local tournaments). Which is why I was wondering about it.

Things that are allowed get a little pentagon icon near where the shiny and pokevirus icons are. There's no way to get a Softboiled Clefable with that icon.

As someone with a magic guard softboiled seismic toss cleffable I can testify you can use him in normal battles on wifi.

The Pentagon and hexagon rule only applies on battle spot and tournaments.

If it's possible to get it, it will be usable on the Smogon format. Cleffable is a pain but obtainable, think of wish Chansey and wish+defog+body slam Salamence...now those are the real pain and near unobtainable in normal standards.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist

Any battle format that doesn't have rules on it (i.e., ranked on battle spot, and flat & normal on wifi battles) will allow pretty much anything through and will only do a few legality checks like "does it have more than 510 EVs" and "can it learn this move".

Smogon also doesn't care how feasible it is to get certain event moves or anything. Wish chansey basically no longer exists in real life, and the wifi forum here even says that if someone's trying to trade it, it's hacked.

The Pentagon and hexagon rule only applies on battle spot and tournaments.
Hexagon?

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Is there somewhere or someone I can go to to look at a team I tried to make and suggest some changes without me having to write an extensive write-up on it like in the RMT section?

last 2 times I asked a question noone answered so I am hoping the third time is a charm

What is a good set for SR Rachi and what are the ev's/what do they do

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The main sr set for rachi is the spdef pivot to my knowledge, but it mainly only fits on fatter builds. The set is just max/max normally unless you want to outspeed adamant loom and play iron head mindgames with it, and in that case u can run 32 speed without losing too much bulk (take out of spdef). This is the main set that I'm thinking of rn, but if there's better evs for the thing that someone can think of, then please provide it since im not really an expert with ev spreads. The reason why i prefer running max spdef over 32 speed personally is that rachi isnt doing shit to bisharp and most defensive teams tend to have some sort of loom counter whether it be amoonguss or celebi, but it's still a great option if you dont have a fat grass type to check loom. If you really need a rocker and jirachi is the only mon that can check faires/psychics/steels, then go for it, but imo jirachi really appreciates more moveslots for utility options like wishtect and toxic.
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave/Wish
- U-Turn

last 2 times I asked a question noone answered so I am hoping the third time is a charm

252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe | Careful Nature
Standard Specially Defensive set.

For more offensive teams I've recently been using a simple 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe, Hasty Nature build. I usually use Shuca + Icy Wind so it doesn't autolose of Lando

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)