NOC Deathnote NOC Mafia - GAME OVER, Postgame in #714

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asek

Banned deucer.
I'm not up for deadline but I'm very confident in where my vote is. I only hope I've been convincing enough to get others to think for themselves and come to the right conclusion here.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Can you stop theorizing on roles and work with what is confirmed in the percival flip? If the roles in texas pm arent josh and hitmonlee his play late yesterday makes literally 0 sense. If the fact that texas basically did everything short of outright stating that josh and hitmonleet were his targets is lost on anyone in this game please go back and read my first big post. I think i proved it pretty clearly that it is the situtation. If josh was merlin he died last night, and if he isnt then he is the mafia hooker from the way texas was acting yesterday. Town needs to work with what we have confirmed right now, not what we are theorizing. In what world does cop target a merlin claim last night? Please think about the likelihood of where a cop would actually go last night before proposing things that a cop would never do. I am much more likely to say this is king_'s relative inexperience at NOC where hes placing a higher emphasis on rhetoric then what has actually occured.

Do you want to know why exactly I was suspicious of josh yesterday which lead to me analysing yesterday to reach the conclusions i did today? His whole rhetoric this game has been based around town trusting and sheeping him, with the belief being you should trust what he is saying because 'he knows it'. Do you not recognize how dangerous this line of thinking is? If you aren't thinking for yourself in a NOC you have already lost. You are unable to analyse things like the percival play yesterday to see yes, things definitely do not add up here at all. Think about how willingly you were all following what josh was saying until I posted today. Does that seem like a constructive way to ensure a town victory, having one guy calling the shots and everyone else mindlessly voting with them? No, and it is almost certain to lead to town losing due to sheeping a scum. To finally concrete himself as a town leader you should all sheep he bussed his own teammate in to finally secure that people wouldnt question what he was saying today.

Josh's merlin claim was either an extremely poor town play considering A_G was already being lynched or a mafia play that has worked extremely well. Please think about how badly that play has impacted town and how little sense it makes for the ACTUAL MERLIN (note: he can only be one of the 2 here) to do what josh did late yesterday. If people are still not seeing how josh is scum when I've laid out clearly how this is the case, and mithrils analysis of hitmonleet_ shows strong merlin signalling throughout his reads and play day 1, then I'm not sure what to say.

Also stop trying to publicly direct roles. Im beginning to seriously doubt that you are town considering how many bad town plans you are pushing only to go 'well derp' when someone points out that they are objectively bad.
Have you considered that the Percival flip confirms nothing? Sure, it would make sense if Texas' two people were Josh and Hitmonleet but then... oh shit, Hitnonleet could STILL be scum! Not only that, but it makes so much sense for King to be town cop and got Josh as town yesterday. So afaik your argument is invalid. I'm comfortable with my lynch now and I hope people join me on Hitmonleet, the real scum.

I agree that Josh's merlin claim wasn't necessary but was more of an opportunity taken, now while that is suspicious it doesn't quite make him confirmed scum. On the other hand hitmonleet's last post has felt pretty vague and mostly letting others defending him while he still hasn't actually claimed that he was merlin and who his targets were.
To the people who want a reason not to lynch Josh, yeah he didn't really give us one, but if Josh flips town AND what Asek said about his and hitmonleet's roles is true, then town has outright lost.
Basically you're either lynching hitmonleet on the basis of sloppy/inactive defense+if he's merlin we're close to having already lost anyway
OR lynching Josh because it'd make sense for him to be scum but it's a gamble
OR believe both asek and Josh are town and hunt for the last scum (most scummy rn seems to be pancake but it could just as easily be someone who's been fairly passive).
Worst case scenario Asek is right about hitmonleet but wrong about Josh and town loses the moment Josh flips town, best case scenario would be that hitmonleet isn't merlin and is scum (meaning merlin still isn't outed), place your bets.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Have you considered that the Percival flip confirms nothing? Sure, it would make sense if Texas' two people were Josh and Hitmonleet but then... oh shit, Hitnonleet could STILL be scum! Not only that, but it makes so much sense for King to be town cop and got Josh as town yesterday. So afaik your argument is invalid. I'm comfortable with my lynch now and I hope people join me on Hitmonleet, the real scum.
Have you had an original thought this whole game

Asek

Banned deucer.
Worded poorly

Have you thought about this game outside of what people have said about each other and looked at what is definitely known compared to what is thought to be known

Asek

Banned deucer.
Also ironic that you think the percival flip means nothing when youd have to be seriously missing something here to not see how hitmonleet was one of his names, which is the major reason why we're looking at himton today

I agree that Josh's merlin claim wasn't necessary but was more of an opportunity taken, now while that is suspicious it doesn't quite make him confirmed scum. On the other hand hitmonleet's last post has felt pretty vague and mostly letting others defending him while he still hasn't actually claimed that he was merlin and who his targets were.
To the people who want a reason not to lynch Josh, yeah he didn't really give us one, but if Josh flips town AND what Asek said about his and hitmonleet's roles is true, then town has outright lost.
Basically you're either lynching hitmonleet on the basis of sloppy/inactive defense+if he's merlin we're close to having already lost anyway
OR lynching Josh because it'd make sense for him to be scum but it's a gamble
OR believe both asek and Josh are town and hunt for the last scum (most scummy rn seems to be pancake but it could just as easily be someone who's been fairly passive).
Worst case scenario Asek is right about hitmonleet but wrong about Josh and town loses the moment Josh flips town, best case scenario would be that hitmonleet isn't merlin and is scum (meaning merlin still isn't outed), place your bets.
Going to reply to this before I go to work, but Hitmonleet confirmed Aske's claim on him being Merlin in post 508. And as for the rest, if we get this wrong we lose regardless of who we target to be honest. I am still confident in my vote, but I'll try to check at work should anything drastic happen.

My point isn't exactly that we lose if we lynch town but rather that if you think town can win with asek/hitmonleet being outed bg/merlin then you should not lynch hitmonleet obviously, but if you think town might be screwed with outed merlin anyway you might as well gamble and vote hitmonleet assuming him being scum is the best scenario for town.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It disappoints me you guys still don't understand this game at all

Haruno, if you think kings cop you start working around thst, you don't fucking say it for the mafia to kill him. I am in awe this isn't clicking for anyone yet. This is not a normal noc and Asek is by far the most guilty of this but everyone seems to be having difficulty grasping that. Asek, you don't get that explaining shit helps scum WAY more than town in this setup.

Lynch Hitmonleet

Tomorrow lynch in pancake and moody unless there's a good reason not to

It disappoints me you guys still don't understand this game at all

Haruno, if you think kings cop you start working around thst, you don't fucking say it for the mafia to kill him. I am in awe this isn't clicking for anyone yet. This is not a normal noc and Asek is by far the most guilty of this but everyone seems to be having difficulty grasping that. Asek, you don't get that explaining shit helps scum WAY more than town in this setup.

Lynch Hitmonleet

Tomorrow lynch in pancake and moody unless there's a good reason not to
Now it's tied, and I guess I will break this if I have to come closer to deadline. I also am surprised that there is Josh never considered claiming here. Yes he does tonight, but in his mind he was inspected village. Even if he isn't, hitting mafia with the lynch is worth a given town member if the other option is that remember losing. I know people were anti claim in general, but Josh was the big proponent of it being circumstance dependent best I can remember.

You may think you have addressed the accusations against you but you're still being lynched atm so you'd do well to stop making this kind of posts and start working towards proving why you aren't the scum among the hitmonleet/you pair.

Josh

=P
No its fucking not them should never ever ever claim in this setup the fact this is even a discussion hurt my opinion of smogon noc more than you know

No its fucking not them should never ever ever claim in this setup the fact this is even a discussion hurt my opinion of smogon noc more than you know
This just makes no sense at this point. Either you die and your revealed, or your claim is believable at it allows us to hit a mafia instead. With identity exchanger still alive and possible unknown, it is not necessarioy a sure death.

The other option if you are town is you just die. How does that help?

Josh

=P
This just makes no sense at this point. Either you die and your revealed, or your claim is believable at it allows us to hit a mafia instead. With identity exchanger still alive and possible unknown, it is not necessarioy a sure death.

OMGUS OMGUS OMGUS

This is not an argument. Make a good case as to why we don't push the Lynch on you, or do as twin suggested back on d1 and claim so your results can help the village.

Pretty much your entire argument has been "you people suck and are handing this game to the mafia!" But you've barely done anything to help us today, and frankly, it's annoying. I'd like for us to actually succeed.

Josh

=P

Mithril might actually be the last scum without gameplay this awful and pancake +moody not on my wagon

Claiming. Isn't. How. You. Avoid. Getting. Lynched. This. Game. I'm not some stupid newbie you can pressure into revealing. This is not a normal noc and yall especially asek need to comprehend thst. I can't build elegant cases and give detailed essays about why people are scum, it reveals too much.

Josh

=P
This is not an argument. Make a good case as to why we don't push the Lynch on you, or do as twin suggested back on d1 and claim so your results can help the village.

Pretty much your entire argument has been "you people suck and are handing this game to the mafia!" But you've barely done anything to help us today, and frankly, it's annoying. I'd like for us to actually succeed.
The good argument is anyone who thinks me vs ag is SvS needs a brain check. You're new and scum so it's nothing on you, I bet you're loving watching the village hand you a win.

Josh

=P
We'll, I'd rather suck than be an unhelpful prick. This has been your reaction to everything the entire game and its just not helpful.
You still don't get it. Being unhelpful is better than helping mafia. This is not a standard noc and you can't treat it as such, kill mechanics make too much of a difference. Asking for claims is inherently scummy enough in itself and you slid really really far on my reads.

Mithril might actually be the last scum without gameplay this awful and pancake +moody not on my wagon

Claiming. Isn't. How. You. Avoid. Getting. Lynched. This. Game. I'm not some stupid newbie you can pressure into revealing. This is not a normal noc and yall especially asek need to comprehend thst. I can't build elegant cases and give detailed essays about why people are scum, it reveals too much.
That. Isnt. What. I'm. Saying. I've revealed my role, so I'm dying tonight anyways. What I'm saying is, since you've got the Lynch on you, and dl is coming, and according to you yourself, Mafia inspected you 95%, so you have nothing to lose. Otherwise, we end up with no help at all.

You know what is a sure death? Getting lynched. If your reveal moves the vote, it's not a sure death. And even if it still is, you now traded 1 for 1 instead of 1 for 0 since the vigilante is dead. My vote is not staying, this can go to a coin flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)