SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

This confirms quite a few things.

-It gets both Fire and Thunder Fang, but you can't have both on Dusk Lycanroc, which is better than nothing I suppose.
-Nature CAN be soft resetted.
-It also gets access to Happy Hour, which gives Dusk Lycanroc a chance to use Z-Happy Hour if it wanted to.
One thing we were talking about at Discord is that its Dex number is originally 103. Now, it's 126. So, as DHR-107 said, they are either pushing Rockruff back or there are a couple new things to do before Ten-Carat Hill.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
UB Burst looks like it'd be a Fairy/Electric type but, it has the same color scheme as Alolan Muk so it might be Poison/Dark? Can't say for sure but, it looks like Xurkitree's significant other though. UB Assembly is obviously going to be a defensive tank, can't say what the typing is for now but, if I had to guess it would be Steel/Dark since it used Iron Defense I think.

Also I hope Mantine is used for diving, and not some kind of overworld surfing (maybe it would be used to jump over obstacles or something)

By the way, the official site has some extra pictures here and there. Looks like Lillie has the same design and Cosmog is still rescued from spearow and still needs to be found in the melemele meadow

Cosmoem's here too. So Lusamine probably still forces it to use its power at the climax
Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon: Now with even more Lillie cutscenes!

(hopefully they have learned of their mistakes with her and actually turn her into a relatable character)

I'm not very surprised that there are new UBs, since if GF were to add new mons, it would either be new Alola-Forms or Ultra Beasts (as much as I like alola forms I'd rather have new UBs since they're more likely to be viable). But anyway onto my thoughts on the new Ultra Beasts:

Burst looks like GF took Alolan Muk's color scheme and put it on a lamp while Assembly looks like the wall Gumshoos built to keep the Alolan Ratattas out of Alola.

I thought it looked like Xurkitee and Nihilego's child. As for types, I expecting Assembly to be steel because it wall design and it using iron defense, while for Bust, I expect it to be a grass type. As for the move? I'm not sure... As for an expansion Mienfoo and Mantine are featured, Pokemon not found in Sun and Moon, and Rockruff's are number confirms a new expansion. Please let their me be Kalos. I'm kinda sad that appears to be a retelling of Sun and Moon and not a sequel, but hopefully that make it different enough from Sun and Moon.
The presence of Mantine per se, if it's going to be another Pokepassage mon, doesn't mean much as there's others who also are not in the Pokedex like Charizard or Sharpedo.

As for the UBs, we were randomly guessing on Discord that seeing most UBs have one or more 4x weaknesses, probably intentionally, a Rock/Steel or Rock/Ground would potentially be a viable combination for the tower UB, plus will definitely be fitting its look.
As the other one.... a combination of Normal/Fairy/Psychic/Electric looked possible, with Normal + any of those also being a very rare typing which would fit the theme of other UBs also sporting very rare or unique combinations... or who knows, a Normal/Ghost which would be completely new like Nihilego?

Burst looks like GF took Alolan Muk's color scheme and put it on a lamp while Assembly looks like the wall Gumshoos built to keep the Alolan Ratattas out of Alola.
This has to be stolen for my signature cause it's just too awesome.

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon: Now with even more Lillie cutscenes!

(hopefully they have learned of their mistakes with her and actually turn her into a relatable character)
I love Lillie, she's my favorite character of this game, and her character growth and development have no equal in all Pokémon games.

UB Burst looks like it'd be a Fairy/Electric type but, it has the same color scheme as Alolan Muk so it might be Poison/Dark? Can't say for sure but, it looks like Xurkitree's significant other though. UB Assembly is obviously going to be a defensive tank, can't say what the typing is for now but, if I had to guess it would be Steel/Dark since it used Iron Defense I think.

Also I hope Mantine is used for diving, and not some kind of overworld surfing (maybe it would be used to jump over obstacles or something)
I also hope Mantine is for diving. About Assembly, I believe it'll be Rock/Steel, and it's obviously going to be slow and with high Def. It'd be interesting if they also give it high SDef

This has to be stolen for my signature cause it's just too awesome.
They just want to MAGA.

Anyways, can't say the Direct got me too hyped for the game. I was already dreading going through Alola for the third time in a year, probably still going to get it, though.

Quick note for anyone that missed this: Burst's new move in the trailer and direct were SE againts Metagross and Decidueye. So it means that it must be at least part Fire, Ghost or Dark. I'm gonna go with Fire/Fairy or Ghost/Fairy.
Ghost/Normal would definitely fit in this case.

It's completely white and doesn't really scream "Dark" or "Fire" at all in its look.

It's completely white and doesn't really scream "Dark" or "Fire" at all in its look.
That to can work to. Although the reason why I'm including towards Fire is the animation that looks like a firework explosion and also "BURST".

Last edited:
I saw that we have new Pokédex spots in the middle of a generation with these two Ultra Beasts. That's unprecedented, but it was something I've expected since ORAS, even though that was a remake of an existing region's story. New Dex spots within enhanced third versions or sequels are a thing now!

I would absolutely dig Ghost/Normal

One of my disappointments with the UBs was they weren't all like Nihilego: totally bonkers typings. No one had that thing pegged for Poison/Rock.
But all the others were fairly predictable. Buzzwole & Pheromosa were the most obvious from the onset. Xurkitree was just pure electric. Guzzlord was pretty obviously dark and dragon fits it just as well. Kartana being grass/flying was a little surprising, I guess. Steel Celesteela (we didn't know the name at first) made sense once we realeized it was a rocket ship.

and i have been wanting a ghost/normal for yeaaaaaaars

Pre-ordering USM from the Pokemon Center in Japan gets you these figures, depending on which version you buy:

Pre-ordering both (or the double pack) gets you the above figures and this art book:

Other gifts are listed here. Not sure why 7-11 and Itoyokado give a Ho-Oh figure and Lugia figure for US and UM respectively, though.

I would absolutely dig Ghost/Normal

One of my disappointments with the UBs was they weren't all like Nihilego: totally bonkers typings. No one had that thing pegged for Poison/Rock.
But all the others were fairly predictable. Buzzwole & Pheromosa were the most obvious from the onset. Xurkitree was just pure electric. Guzzlord was pretty obviously dark and dragon fits it just as well. Kartana being grass/flying was a little surprising, I guess. Steel Celesteela (we didn't know the name at first) made sense once we realeized it was a rocket ship.

and i have been wanting a ghost/normal for yeaaaaaaars
It would also be pretty neat, as the typing alone could potentially throw it in high competitive tiers if its stats aren't Guzzlord-level bad :D

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Pre-ordering both (or the double pack) gets you the above figures and this art book:

Other gifts are listed here. Not sure why 7-11 and Itoyokado give a Ho-Oh figure and Lugia figure for US and UM respectively, though.
Hmmm... this looks rather interesting - Cosmog willingly merging in Necrozma's hands... it suggests that Necrozma isn't a complete parasite. Either that, or Cosmog is a rather naïve Pokémon. We could already figure out that it merges with them to gain light, which it feeds on.

Hmmm... this looks rather interesting - Cosmog willingly merging in Necrozma's hands... it suggests that Necrozma isn't a complete parasite. Either that, or Cosmog is a rather naïve Pokémon. We could already figure out that it merges with them to gain light, which it feeds on.
It doesn't seem to be merging at all. Necrozma's palms are always lit up and it's just resting above it.
It would be neat if this type of thing actually happened in melemele meadow after rescuing it.

To be honest that looks just like a fancy artwork to mimic the fact that Necrozma might have something to do with Nebby, maybe might force Nebby to evolve only to take possession of his evolved version for example.

or Cosmog is a rather naïve Pokémon.
Its ability is "Unaware" for a reason...

Man, I'm so not ok with this. Why you doing our boy Nebby dirty like this Game Freak? Whyyyy? We save it just so the damn thing can be assimilated by Necrozma. I'll feel cheated in so many ways if that's what actually happens once you finally summon Solgaleo/Lunala on the Altar.

Also, it seems like the story-line will remain mostly the same ( same cutscenes and etc ). Ok, fine, but if they make me play through a tutorial for 2 hours again I swear somebody is getting shot >:(

Wasn't it said somewhere that they were going for unique types for each of the Ultra Beasts (for each version at least, since we have two Bug/Fighting types)? If so, that might help narrow down the new UBs' types.

To be honest that looks just like a fancy artwork to mimic the fact that Necrozma might have something to do with Nebby, maybe might force Nebby to evolve only to take possession of his evolved version for example.
The website, to me, implies that the climax still has Lusamine force Cosmog to Cosmoem and that we still do the flute expedition to "awaken" it from there.

I'd like to leave my toughts about the direct!

About Surfing
Yeah!! Finally, as a surfer myself I was really upset they didn't include it in SM, but they absolutely redeemed themselves. I'm really hoping it will actually be like a minigame of sorts that you can bring your mons with you. Imagine finally surfing with you Alolan Raichu, or your Floatzel, or maybe even Makuhita like Brawly did! Really cool addition.

About Mantine
I really like that Mantine is now a ride Pokemon, hopefully it will indeed be diving as everyone is speculating

About the UBs
I love these guys too, specially assembly! I've always wanted like a tower / wall / rook Pokemon, and apparently they fulfilled my wish. My typing predictions are Rock/Ghost for assembly and Fire/Fairy for Burst.

About Lycanroc
In the first place, that Z move is fire!! I love how it removes terrains as well. But here's another thing I've been thinking of. Since Necrozma's formes were revealed as Dusk & Dawn Forme somewhat, I really think they'll pull a Mega Charizard X again and announce Lycanroc Dawn later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)