Saw Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunderpup, by explaining your post you pretty much alerted the mafias to what you were trying to do, and now no one is really going to vote for you unless they want to incriminate themselves...

I mean, I'll give you points for trying, but I just don't think it's going to help too much.

np Aerosmith - Young Lust

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
here's how i see it.

on a random lynch: we have more than a 50% chance to get someone mafia. that imo, may be a decent enough risk to take.

also, personally I don't think the smell is a clue, its more probable that its referring to a dead body lying in a box for a good number of hours.

the best way to go about his would be to ask obi if he's leaving clues in his posts or just doing it like irc mafia. once thats clear, if he IS leaving clues, I say we lynch one of the accused before (though im inclined towards the fish thing a bit more than the other theories).

Now if he says he isn't leaving clues, then I say we just go random, that would be the best option.

And also, if obi IS leaving clues, then lets say the first kill was by mafia A so the smell is a clue to them. But that must mean that there is something in the second kill which is a clue to mafia B so we should look for that. (it may have a lesser number of candidates who fit the description as compared to the first one).

Edit:

As everyone gathers in the ball room, your numbers seem a bit smaller, and there is a strange smell emanating from a large box in the middle of the room. When it is open, the reason for this smell becomes instantly obvious. An unidentifiable body has been stuffed into it.

This box also contains his tape.

Hello, Hipmonlee. You don't know me, but I know you. You have lived your life consumed by lust, and for that reason you have ignored what is truly important. You should be grateful, however, that I am giving you an opportunity to redeem yourself. Your goal in this game is to simply survive. There are some organized elements out there, and they are trying to kill you. Can you show your ability to look past the shallow characteristics of others and learn what truly motivates people? But beware: you have some allies among the group, and without them, you have no hope.

This scene is interrupted when Basics stumbles into the room, bleeding from his throat, with his eyes gouged out. He attempts to speak, and points around the room, presumably at his killers, but is unable to do or say anything meaningful before he collapses, dead, from blood loss.

Hello, Basics. You don't know me, but I know you. You have lived your life consumed by lust, and for that reason you have ignored what is truly important. You should be grateful, however, that I am giving you an opportunity to redeem yourself. Your goal in this game is to simply survive. There are some organized elements out there, and they are trying to kill you. Can you show your ability to look past the shallow characteristics of others and learn what truly motivates people? But beware: you have some allies among the group, and without them, you have no hope.

Two more Lustful are dead.

End of Night 2. Day 2 begins now.
Look how he seperates it practically into two parts. I've bolded anything that I think may be a 'clue'. First the smell, it might be a clue, but he does say that the reason becomes obvious at once. Part 2, bleeding from the throat and eyes gouged out might be related to someone. And lastly, the last part may refer to some user who posts like a retard of some sort :)

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well if he's not putting in the clues, how are we supposed to link any of the mafia to the kills? That just puts us at even more of a disadvantage... It does seem a bit weird that the only power we have is to randomly lynch someone and hope we get it right. Linking the clues is a massive part of the game and the only way we can determine suspects really.

It does seem a bit weird that the only power we have is to randomly lynch someone and hope we get it right.
Don't forget that some people have or will in the future obtain some special abilities. Obi hasn't publicly laid out what they are, but I'm guessing they'd be similar to those in other mafia games.

Gorm, you are the one who is most eager to be completely random! I know how you play mafia man stop talking out of your Mr. Bungle
this is different and there is "more at stake". ck please what is so hard to accept about my position >:(

-the only idea of who we should lynch i have is early bandwagoners
-im completely disregarding the clues because of the quoted text in mekkahs post.
-"inspector" or anyone with any ACTUAL information is shutting up:
- either he is inactive and didnt inspect
- or he inspected and found a lustful
- or he inspected but is scared to come out due to fear of being killed.
-thus I have no information besides my hunch, which is slightly better than random.

It is hard to accept because you are contradicting yourself more than anyone else in this thread!

still bandwagoning bioshock first night for this irc tomfoolery
you started the first bandwagon, meaning if we lynch anyone for bandwagoning, we should lynch you first

furthermore
Lynch Bioshock

m0nkfish is a cool guy i dont see why we're bandwagoning him for calling out the semi-random R2D2 Rules
when you started your bandwagon you excused someone else for bandwagoning. By this logic, it is a good postulation that you and m0nkfish are bad guy allies!

It is hard to accept because you are contradicting yourself more than anyone else in this thread!

when you started your bandwagon you excused someone else for bandwagoning. By this logic, it is a good postulation that you and m0nkfish are bad guy allies!
agreed.

it only makes sense for mafia to stick together, I believe you shunted blame to bioshock to save a team-mate.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Gorm and M0nkfish both seem a little suspicious for their early back-up of each other. Since he already has a vote, I'm going for:

Lynch M0nkfish

The fact that these two are quite friendly with each other would make for the perfect alibi masking their true intentions.

it makes a lot of sense, actually... yeah, gorm and monkfish defend each other a little too much. I think we're finally on to something.

sorry if I'm wrong... but you seem like the best option at this point

Lynch M0nkfish

Thunderpup, your post is incorrect as well! Gormenghast said he was going to lynch bioshock before any voting occured. My arguments against his posting deal with him excusing himself and m0nkfish from bandwagoning while indicting others.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Suspect me all you want but, enough evidence has been shown to see that Gorm and Monkfish are up to something, so I'm giving my vote.

Lynch Monkfish

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
man you guys are so dumb the 'evidence' is that i started a random bandwagon and gorm started a different random bandwagon, im not sure how that makes us EVIL ALLIES!!!!!!!!!!!! like you seem to be assuming. for the record we are not.

lol ck youre reading into this too much
i was planning on bandwagoning bioshock and i did
i didnt want people to bandwagon m0nk because i like him

im following my gut here
lynch dak

wow... the lynch 1 of m0nkfish / gorm sounds good but hm... Would a mafia really be willing to lynch the other and reveal the latter was mafia and that means the former was mafia too...

It sounds too risky a move from m0nkfish for him to be mafia. I'm not sure about Gorm, but I'm pretty sure m0nkfish is clean. It makes no sense for him to risk exposure if both are mafia.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It's just like Thunderpup did, but in reverse. He's only lynching Gorm in an attempt to clear his name. They're desperate!

EDIT: Also notice how M0nks's posting deteiorates as he gets more desperate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)