Harry Potter Mafia

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
who wants to see how mean mekkah is!

MEKKAH said:
FINE You are Argus Filch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're Argus Filch.
You are allied with Hogwarts.

You're even worse than the Students, you can't do shit. However, you are glad Dumbledore allowed you into the school, so you're not going to complain about it and instead take your anger out on the Students for no apparent reason.
kidding mekkah i love you, you are awesome!

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
No one had higher priority. All kills would go through. If Mad-Eye tried to kill Mundungus in the endgame (when one side has fallen), they would both die. It'd appear as if they dueled each other and both casted Avada Kedavra.

The look of surprise on aamto's face and all that stuff was nothing by the way.
I figured that once I got your latest PM. I was the one who wrote all those summaries in Shiv's post.

To avoid villagers leaving subtle hints and such, I think their PM should be shown from the begining, or all the PM's. Some roles could be left out for a surprise factor.

As per request.

1. Ae Sakura - Student
2. Dak - Ministry Worker
3. gmax - Ministry Worker
4. Blue Kirby - Cornelius Fudge
5. Portugeez - Hagrid
6. Pat - Student
7. Cards of the Heart - Snape
8. cookie - Mad Eye Moody
9. mastadi - Student
10. timw06 - Student
11. West - Death Eater #11
12. GreenPikachu - Ministry Worker
13. Gormenghast - Ministry Worker
14. Fishin - Student
15. gsumbreon - George
16. Zephyrman - Death Eater #5
17. Toothache - Death Eater #2
18. Shiv - Student
19. n3ther - Death Eater #1
20. blackshellbowser - Student
21. D_Force - Student
22. Max - Ministry Worker
23. TheBM - Mundungus Fletcher
24. zerowing - Neville
25. vespa - Ministry Worker
26. Shiney - Fred
27. Doomsday - Death Eater #6
28. akuchi - Student
29. Melon - Ministry Worker
30. COalex - Student
31. Havak - Ministry Worker
32. aamto - Death Eater #8
33. Judgement - Ministry Worker
34. [.darkie] - Ministry Worker
35. GTS - Hermione
36. Hyra - Death Eater #4
37. CaptKirby - Student
38. leafgreen386 - Felix
39. Controller of Flames - Death Eater #7
40. Hipmonlee - Student
41. Gouki - Student
42. the Lexx - Ministry Worker
43. Zenigame - Death Eater #3
44. Lawman - Student
45. Pidgeot79 - Trelawny
46. batpig - Lord Voldemort
47. Catamaran - Death Eater #9
48. Lord Gloom - Student
49. Obi - Death Eater #10
50. Jackal - Argus Filch

Pidgeot79, you are Sybilla Trelawny.
You are on the side of Hogwarts.

As the teacher of divination and last living member of the ancestor of all Seers, your job is to tell those on the side of Hogwarts to tell you all you know. And that is a lot: you have knowledge of every single role in the game. However, you do not know which role belongs to which person.

You can treat me as your crystal orb if you have any questions about the roles, but I cannot guarantee I will be able to answer them without ruining the game. I will be as clear as I can in my answers, generally you are best off asking yes/no questions. If I don't want to answer, you'll know.

[roles here]

Portugeez, you are Rubeus Hagrid.

Hagrid is half giant, immune to the most tough spells. He could be all selfish and save his own skin with it, but Hagrid is a very kind man that protects others with it. During the night he patrols the grounds of Hogwarts with his dog Fang and keeps his eye on one particular person to keep alive until the daylight. He can make no guarantees about after that, however.

PM me the name of one person during the night, and I will make sure he or she will be spared until the sun comes up.

GTS, you are Hermione Granger.

Hermione knows everything and then some. And what she doesn't know, she'll look up in the library, or ask one of the teachers. But the good girl needs to follow classes and get some sleep too, so she only has time to study one subject every night. She doesn't have the time to make mistakes either, she needs to know exactly what she's looking for. However, if she's on the right track, she won't rest until she knows, well, everything about the subject, including persons related to it...

PM me the name of one role during the night. I will answer naming the person that fits that role, assuming that role is in the game. I will not give away what the role does exactly, but I will tell you which side the role is on. The exceptions to this (due to various reasons) are: Death Eaters, Lord Voldemort, Ministry of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, Student. If you PM me with one of these roles or with a role not in the game, you will not gain any information. Rest assured that every role you can ask about is only represented by one person (so for example, it's not possible that there's two Trolls in this game).

Shiney, you are Fred Weasley.

Fred and George can't keep a secret for each other - they're twins, after all. They're on the same side, and it's obviously the side of Hogwarts. They know each other and will go through a fire to protect each other's life.

Your brother is George Weasley, known on these forums as gsumbreon . He knows who you are as well.

gsumbreon, you are George Weasley.

Fred and George can't keep a secret for each other - they're twins, after all. They're on the same side, and it's obviously the side of Hogwarts. They know each other and will go through a fire to protect each other's life.

Your brother is Fred Weasley, known on these forums as Shiney. He knows who you are as well.

zerowing, you are Neville Longbottom.

Neville is sick of being powerless against the Ministry and the Death Eaters trying to take over the power in Hogwarts, and decides to start his own alliance. He will do his best to recruit the students of Hogwarts into Dumbledore's Army to help the school resist evil, but he has to be careful about who he recruits. However, he knows that students who go to their beds at night and don't come out until morning usually aren't doing any Death Eating or Ministry of Magicking...

Neville gets to PM a name to me. If that name is a regular Hogwarts student, that Hogwarts student will be recruited into Dumbledore's army. This means I PM him with Neville's identity, as well as the names of the rest of Dumbledore's Army. I will PM Neville that the recruitment was succesfull. If the person he tried to recruit is anything else (be it a special role on the Hogwarts side or anyone from the Ministry of Magic or Death Eaters), Neville will be getting a PM that his recruitment attempt has failed.

cookie, you are Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody.

He's on the good side all right, except he has a problem: he is a little trigger-happy. Every night, he does his duty as an Auror, listening to his own instinct and killing whoever he finds suspicious. However, sometimes he may just find it better to exchange his wand for a nice drink out of his own flask, because he doesn't enjoy killing innoncents.

PM me the name of one person during the night to kill that person. If someone or something kills you during the night, you will die, but your kill will still go through. You do not have to kill someone every night.

leafgreen386, you are Felix the Phoenix.

They say that a Phoenix is a very mystical creature. The tears they shed can heal grave wounds, they can carry enormous weights and their song gives hope to those who hear it. No matter what side you are on, the company of a phoenix will be greatly appreciated. Too bad that the lifespan of a phoenix is shortened every time it uses its mystical powers: after two uses, your feathers will set fire and they will find you the very next day, with not a glimpse of life yet.

Two times during the game, you can PM me during the night saying you want to use your power. Your power ensures that nobody, good or bad, is going to die during that very night. After you used your power twice, you will die at the end of that night.

You are a Death Eater.
You are on the side of the Death Eaters.

As a vicious member of the dark fellowship around Lord Voldemort, you will not rest until you've cleaned Hogwarts of all that is hostile. That means both these Students, everyone who works at Hogwarts, and those way-too-curious workers from the Ministry of Magic, with Cornelius Fudge at their head. At night, you hold a conference with your fellow Death Eaters and Lord Voldemort himself, and end it by voting for one person you will want to kill that night.

Your partners:
Lord Voldemort: batpig
Death Eaters: West, Zephyrman, Toothache, n3ther, Doomsday, aamto, Hyra, ControllerofFlames, Zenigame, Catamaran, Obi

batpig, you are Lord Voldemort.
You are on the side of the Death Eaters.

The evil dark lord has finally returned, and will get his revenge on Dumbledore, on Fudge, on Harry Potter...on Hogwarts in general and anyone involved. You win the game if everyone but you and the Death Eaters are eliminated. You and your comrades will vote about who to kill during the night. The twist is, while you are wise enough to take the advice of your Death Eaters into consideration, you are allowed to override their votes and just kill whoever you see fit. The Death Eaters do not know you can do this.

PM me with a name of who you want to kill every night, be it the one that got the most votes, or the one you want to be offed.

The Death Eaters are: West, Zephyrman, Toothache, n3ther, Doomsday, aamto, Hyra, ControllerofFlames, Zenigame, Catamaran, Obi

You are a Ministry Worker.
You are on the side of the Ministry of Magic.

The Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, has demanded that you and a few of your collegues go into Hogwarts, disguised by Polyjuice Potion, to find out who might be supporting the dark side. However, clueless fucks as Ministry workers usually are, you guys don't mind if an innoncent or two gets killed in the meantime. The Ministry is on its own, and equally as evil as the Death Eaters as this game is concerned. At night, you vote with the other workers and Fudge to determine who to kill during the night. Your group wins the game if all allied with Hogwarts and all allied with the Death Eaters have been killed.

Your partners:
Cornelius Fudge: Blue Kirby
Other Ministry Workers: Dak, gmax, GreenPikachu, Gormenghast, Max, vespa, Melon, Havak, Judgement, [.darkie], the Lexx

Blue Kirby, you are Cornelius Fudge.
You are on the side of the Ministry of Magic.

You're sick of Dumbledore's opinions and the man himself, despite constantly asking him for advice. But you also want to handle Voldemort, just in case the old fool is right that he is returned. That is why you formed a group with just you and a couple of trusted Ministry Workers to infiltrate Hogwarts and eliminate everyone, so that the Ministry gains full control of the school. Your group wins the game if all allied with Hogwarts and all allied with the Death Eaters have been killed.

PM me with a name of who you want to kill every night, be it the one that got the most votes, or the one you want to be offed.

Ministry Workers: Dak, gmax, GreenPikachu, Gormenghast, Max, vespa, Melon, Havak, Judgement, [.darkie], the Lexx

CardsoftheHeart, you are Severus Snape.
Your alliance is unknown.
You have a rather huge nose.

Through your past, you've had constant doubts of where your loyalties lie. And even these days, nobody but you know at whose side you stand. That is up to you to decide, every night again. But if you're too indecisive, you might be locked into a team you might not want to be on, because on a certain night you will lose your ability to change sides. From that night on, if you are with either the Ministry of Magic or with the Death Eaters, I will grant you their names. If you are on the side of Hogwarts, I will give you the name of one person allied with Hogwarts (picked at random), and you will have to figure out everything else by yourself.

If you wish to change sides, PM me stating so, as well as the side you wish to go to. You must PM me during Night 1. After I said your side is locked, you can change no longer. I will PM you at the end of that day. If you do not wish to change sides when you still can, please send me a PM as well. After your side is locked, there is no need to do this anymore.

TheBM, you are Mundungus Fletcher.
Your alliance is nobody's.

Although you would never support Voldemort, you aren't really on any side at all. Way too risky. You're just a lousy thief trying to nick a lot of loot and sell it for a high price. In these times that is rather dangerous to do though, so for now you've lowered your standards to "I need to survive". Your goal is to be the only person alive until the end of the game. You are immune to every single special power in the game, but you can be lynched during the day. Once any of these three parties (Ministry, Hogwarts and Death Eaters) are completely eliminated, you will lose your night immunity, but gain the ability to murder one person during the night to ensure your own safety.

Until one of the three big groups is eliminated, you have no night powers, you're just immune to them. After that, you lose the immunity, but you may PM me every night with the name of one person you wish to kill.

You are a Student.
You are sided with Hogwarts.

The power of the students does not come from their night role (because they don't have any - students should be sleeping), but from their numbers. You are actually in school to study, but in these dark times with both the Ministry and the Death Eaters infiltrating on Hogwarts, that has become practically impossible. To renew the peace at Hogwarts, you will vote during daytime for one person to be publically lynched in the Great Hall. Beware, though, that the evildoers are voting as well. You have some great powers on your side that will do their best to aid you during the night, but you will have no idea who to trust during daytime. Will you be able to overcome the cruel plotting going on behind your backs and finish your education? Or will you whine in a corner, screaming "Fuck, I got villager again!"? That is up to you.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I didn't break the game just found something that should from now on be banned. also, fuck seriously, instead of anyone just started up a game, its better if there's a thread where you can talk about it. otherwise, if you start one up as soon as one ends, the concepts stay similar.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Its too bad this one ended so quickly as well.

Oh well, Shiv had already cottoned on to me, and would have exposed me soon. Man, I hope you guys enjoy Pokemon Mafia I was too late for it.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is the reason I was thinking the best way to do it was to just give a role and a very terse description. About halfway through d1 of Saw mafia I realized people could try what Shiv did. Here is what I gathered n1 before dying (removing Death Eaters):

[.darkie] - Probably Ministry, but unsure
Blue Kirby - Ministry
Cards of the Heart - Probably Ministry (ah, unaligned Snape, no wonder I was so shaky on this one lol)
Dak - Ministry
Havak - Probably aligned with school (you fooled me!)
Jackal - Student
the Lexx - Probably Ministry

My reasoning for Jackal was that he wasn't one of my guys, I found from my PM and his response that he wasn't Ministry, and I didn't think you'd make a real special role for a new person, which left just the student.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyway, I was hoping I wouldn't die n1. I was thinking I'd be too "out there" to die n1, I was expecting a n2 attempt (meaning I had time to come up with some strange theory to let myself live, for instance, threatening to have some sort of curse that kills whoever kills me during the night), so I was waiting to put a few things in motion. I had been hiding several "hints" in my posts that I was going to use later for "proof". I was counting on the Nostradamus effect to let this work (if you make enough predictions, some of them are bound to come true, especially if they are open to interpretation). For instance, if you look at my first few posts, you can quote the first letters to spell "Order of the Foenix".

I made myself high profile because I am high profile regardless, if for no reason than having been the host of the last game. I knew I wouldn't live long, I was just expecting to live longer.

If you PMed Shiv during n1, you were an idiot. He said nothing to prove anything lol. If you had paid attention during Saw Mafia, you would have seen that one character (Jackal) was a Mole. The Mole got the description of the regular Lustful (the Students). I found it highly probable that a similar role would be in one of the mafia factions, meaning several of you gave yourselves away to someone who could easily be a villain. He proved nothing. When he said "OK, PM me your role and I'll have someone look it up and I'll give you the description of your role, and this proves that I'm good!" that was a blatant lie as well. That proves nothing except that he convinced some other sucker to PM him claiming that ability. In other words, several people in this game were dumb, but just got lucky that Shiv was actually a student.

Unfortunately, I logged on too late to stop this (this also reduced the effectiveness of my fake forum, because one of the Ministry helpfully let me know that they already had a forum set up, which I foolishly didn't pursue... I could have possibly convinced him I just failed to receive the PM and asked for a link). In retrospect, I could have tried to do the reverse: PM people about a Death Eater forum. It's less likely to catch Ministry than what I did ("Don't you mean Ministry?"), but it would have likely convinced several Ministry that I was a Student (if I had a special role, I wouldn't play risky like that, and if I were a Death Eater why would I try to trap my own guys?).

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Wait, who told you we had a forum set up? They must be executed!

And yeah, I bet the amount of people that got into contact with Shiv this early would have been quite surprising.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)