1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Harry Potter Mafia

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Mekkah, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

It is currently Night 2.

Day 1 ended here.

Night 1 ended here.

Sign-up list here. Inform me if I missed anyone.

Reading everything here at least once is a very good idea if you don't want to screw up and break rules!

1. Ae Sakura
    2. Dak
    3. gmax
    4. Blue Kirby
    5. Portugeez
    6. Pat
    7. Cards of the Heart
    8. cookie
    9. mastadi
    10. timw06
    11. West
    12. GreenPikachu
    13. Gormenghast - Ministry Worker, lynched Day 1
    14. Fishin
    15. gsumbreon
    16. Zephyrman
    17. Toothache
    18. Shiv
    19. n3ther
    20. blackshellbowser
    21. D_Force
    22. Max
    23. TheBM
    24. zerowing
    25. vespa
    26. Shiney
    27. Doomsday
    28. akuchi - Student, killed Night 1
    29. Melon
    30. COalex
    31. Havak
    32. aamto - Death Eater, killed Night 1
    33. Judgement
    34. [.darkie]
    35. GTS
    36. Hyra
    37. CaptKirby
    38. leafgreen386
    39. Controller of Flames
    40. Hipmonlee
    41. Gouki
    42. the Lexx
    43. Zenigame
    44. Lawman
    45. Pidgeot79
    46. batpig
    47. Catamaran
    48. Lord Gloom
    49. Obi - Death Eater, killed Night 1
    50. Jackal

Information

This game revolves around a battle between Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the corrupt Ministry of Magic (led by Cornelius Fudge) and the Death Eaters (led by Lord Voldemort, also known as Tom Riddle). All three groups have as their goal to defeat all other alliances to win the game.

The only roles everyone knows of are those named above as well as the regular Student, also known as "im pilager". The other ones you will have to discover along the way. I made no tests to see if they are balanced, but those of you who played before will be happy to know that I did not go overboard when it came to removing known roles or adding new ones.

If you have any questions about this information or the rules, and you honestly think I can answer them without giving away too much, do not hesitate to contact me via PM or IRC.

Rules

1. You do not copy+paste anything I tell you privately. This involves IRC, Smogon PM, any other sort of PM or message over an Instant Messager. This game isn't meant to have a foolproof method of proving what you are. In fact, it's the opposite. This rule also means you cannot screencap or anything to prove your role.

2. If you are dead, that means you are not alive. And by that, I mean you cannot talk about the game at all. If you're playing this game you should have the decency not to break this rule. You are dead from the moment I posted you are dead.

3. You are allowed to contact anyone involved in this game to talk about whatever you want and wherever you want.

4. The Ministry of Magic + Fudge know who is allied with them. The Death Eaters + Voldemort know who is allied with them.

5. During the day, anyone can vote. The person that gets voted for the most is lynched. You must bold or color your vote, or it won't count.

6. During the night, several "night roles" get to make their move. In the end, they all involve PMing me on the forums. Once the night ends, you can no longer use your power.

7. Day lasts until I say so. I will end the day when:
    - everyone has voted
    - more than half of the current alive population has voted for one person (at the start of the game, that means the minimum is 25)
    - I think it's time to move on. This takes about 48-72 hours depending on how the discussion is going.

As long as I haven't officially ended the day yet, you can still change your vote. That means that even if everyone has voted, as long as I haven't posted yet, you can still change.

8. Nights last until
    - everyone with a night role has moved
    - ~48 hours have passed

If people are holding up my game without a good reason, I'll just cancel their night move for that night and move on. Don't do that.

9. For the most part, I will just be saying who is dead and who is not. I'm not going to announce why things did or didn't happen that way.

10. (NEWish!) Don't give out information to others anonymously. Use your forum account, use IRC, whatever, but the guy you talk to must know who you are in this game. Indeed, that means you cannot impersonate others either.

11. (NEWish!) Don't ask others to break rules.

I put quite a lot of work in setting this up and I'd like people to not ruin it. If you're going to do it anyway and I find out, I'll do my best to get your Firebot access removed.

I think that's about it. I'd like everyone to have an awesome game, I'll be sending the PMs with your roles right now. If there's a problem, I am always there. I will not talk strategies with anyone involved or interfere in the game without reason.
  2. Amelia

Amelia

w00t.
    1st.
    Hope this becomes a great great success
  3. dak

dak

awesome, that was quick
  4. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Awesome. Something nice to wake up to :D too bad Retro 0range didn't get in, but I'm still unsure if his account as been activated :(
  5. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

I hope you and he can understand I didn't feel like waiting for that, especially since new users are the most prone to going inactive.

Anyway, the PMs should have arrived by now. Let's get this party started.
  6. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yeah it's fair enough, but I got him into the Saw Mafia when I was showing him how to play. So he was interested in playing this, but they'll be a next time I guess (Y).
  7. Portugeez

Portugeez

Lynch monkphish.
  8. gorm

gorm
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

that was pretty quick mekkah
    looking forward to winning >:)
  9. West

West

You forgot a rule Mekkah: Never ever fucking trust Chanserv
  10. NatKing

NatKing

Wow, that was quick. This looks sweet.

Good luck to you all.
  11. CardsOfTheHeart

CardsOfTheHeart

Quick turnaround, indeed. Hope this goes well.
  12. D_Force

D_Force

Sounds fun. Looking forward to this!
  13. Zephyrman

Zephyrman

How many people are in each of the groups?
  14. Amelia

Amelia

O it starts at night...
  15. Mekkah

Mekkah
    Super Moderator

Can't say, but the ratio good people:mafia1:mafia 2 doesn't differ a lot from Saw Mafia.
  16. Catamaran

Catamaran

This looks pretty awesome.

Good luck.
  17. GTS

GTS

Pretty awesome.
  18. Fishin

Fishin
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

No tapes, so nobody's pulling a Mekkah this time (or at least not in the exact same way)...

Looks good, looking forward to it.
  19. Doomsday

Doomsday
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

WHY IM NOT HERE

just kidding i AM here

/msg mekkahbot destroy cloud.
  20. cookie

cookie Administrator
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Soc. Forums Leader

!bg protect dumbledore
  21. dak

dak

!annihilate dumsday
  22. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

this is cool
  23. Max

Max yadig
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

this is going to be a blast!
  24. leafgreen386

leafgreen386

Wow this got ready fast. Sweetness.
  25. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

okay im villy and im pretty sure aamto is mafia (probably ministry) from random irc conversations. cant be 100% certain though.

therefore id suggest that when we get the chance, we vote him out and see for ourselves.

also, note, bg itll be good if you can protect me :)

lastly, fuck im villager again :( lol

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)