CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The only way to do it really is an exclusion poll........ Unless we do a bolded votes poll again, but that's not preferable...

IMHO Kill off Ice / Bug / Normal / Water / Dragon and you're almost there though...

IMHO we should excluded from the poll Normal, Water, Flying, and maybe Grass. We already know Bug and Ice are a given so that left us with 12-11 types left.

Sunday

I love how the typing polls are essentially Random. Anywho, Steel should also be taken out, as it was the other winner along with Bug and Ice last time.

Bug / Ice / Steel / Dragon / Water / Normal
One more then?

Was considering Normal to kill off. Hm.... Ice / Bug / Water / Flying / Normal / Dragon / ???
Ice - Syclant
Bug - Syclant
Water - Everything except Water/Fire + Water/Ghost is done. Those would be the only duel type polls I would post, aka too limiting.
Flying - Everything except Fight/Flying and pure Flying is done. I think we should just accept that pure Flying is something that's not going to happen.
Normal - Rarely duel-typed. Exceptions: Bibarel, Girafarig, Normal/Flying.
Dragon - Mainly a secondary typing unless Uber or a 600 BST.
Hm.. Poison seems to be the next thing to drop... But that's on the basis that it sucks offensively and that Weezing is as good as Poison will ever be defensively. Not very objective.
I would ban Steel, but it's actually very useful creatively (as long as we don't do Steel/Ghost/Levitate)

Sunday

I'm still of the opinion Steel should go, as it won the last poll and will easily win again, hence it's not really a competition.

Normal and Flying are also good candidates. As is Dragon.

Currently, the 11 least used types among FEs are:

Dark
Dragon
Electric
Fighting
Fire
Ghost
Ground
Ice
Poison
Rock
Steel

Drop Ice, and we're left with 10.

Sunday

WHy Grass of Posion? Just because they're not good offencive types! There's no reason the ditch them. Also there's no reason to ditch psychic. We should decided this by which to eliminate, not which to keep.

Hyra's already said
Ice / Bug / Water / Flying / Normal / Dragon / ???
Lets just work out the ?'s and we're done!

Hm.. Poison seems to be the next thing to drop... But that's on the basis that it sucks offensively and that Weezing is as good as Poison will ever be defensively.
Basically what I think of poison type and Grass, Grass is combine with nearly ever type execpt Dragon, Normal, Ghost, Fire, and Steel and only one could work flavor wise.

Beg to question, why should we get rid of Steel? Because it won or almost won the typing poll? Not a good enoug reason.

Edit: To back up my shit on Grass and the remaining few type combo.

Normal/Grass: Okay what the fuck? Could anyway explain how that would look if that was a pokemon?
Grass/Dragon: The only one IMO that could work but having too many weakness irk me a tiny bit.
Grass/Steel: Blades of metallic grass? I don't think so.
Grass/Ghost: Could work but everyone and their grandmother already did something like this and it all involved pumpkins so resisting of creativity
Fire/Grass: Erh....right, flaming bush? Not buying it.

Sunday

I'm fine with dropping Grass.

If you remember, there were three winners of the last type poll, Steel, Ice, and Bug. We then decided which of them to combine. I thought that we should be eliminating all the winners, not just the ones that moved on. The reason that we're getting rid of Ice and Bug still stands for Steel, who iirc, came above ice and bug in that poll!

Okay, I got the list. It combines Justin Bailey's idea + mineDarkElectricFightingFireGhostGrassGroundPoisonPsychicRockI chose Psychic over Steel simply because Steel is too good of a typing. Psychic also has some of the fewest different type combos.

How about the combination be Electric / Fighting (Electivire isn't Electric - Fighting) or Dark / Fighting / Poison / Electric

Sunday

So excluded: Ice / Bug / Water / Flying / Normal / Dragon / Steel

Included: Dark / Electric / Fighting / Fire / Ghost / Grass / Ground / Poison / Psychic / Rock

Is that right? Your post missed a few spaces making it hard to read :S

So excluded: Ice / Bug / Water / Flying / Normal / Dragon / Steel

Included: Dark / Electric / Fighting / Fire / Ghost / Grass / Ground / Poison / Psychic / Rock

Is that right? Your post missed a few spaces making it hard to read :S
Yes. That's basically it. The laptop I'm on has forgetten how to post properly. I'm gonna wait until I can get on a desktop to post the new thread. Grass has just as many type combos as anything else, yet it is used for a very small role. That is why I am keeping it over Steel.

Don't worry. Steel will most likely come back as a secondary typing. Dark, Ghost, Grass, and Poison haven't combined with it yet, and Ghost/Steel is a very popular typing.

Oh by the way, not sure if I am allowed to post like that in this thread. If not, where should I post that?

Just take a look at least see if it would work.

Sunday

read my post in your last thread... This is for the whole community to create a Pokemon (meaning you're welcome to involve yourself in discussions, and vote etc) but not for people to market their own ideas. You're in the wrong place for that...

You aren't. Please delete it. Also, read the OP to figure out why and why this is an exclusion to the no Fakemon rule which is followed here at Smogon.

Don't worry. Steel will most likely come back as a secondary typing. Dark, Ghost, Grass, and Poison haven't combined with it yet, and Ghost/Steel is a very popular typing.
If that's true then I'm all for it though Steel/Grass irk me alot. I mean how does one depict Steel/Grass without making it look more like a damn steel type with sword blade shooting out it's back.

Steel/Grass maybe, but that thing will get owned by any fire attacks.

And up to now, we don't really have a fast Wall, do we? Not that we need one desperately but there isn't any. Togekiss can only be counted as a Sp.Tank but even that is not fast enough. And it's not a wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)