1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by Hyra, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

If that's true then I'm all for it though Steel/Grass irk me alot. I mean how does one depict Steel/Grass without making it look more like a damn steel type with sword blade shooting out it's back.
  2. Sunday

Sunday God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]
  3. 1059860

Steel/Grass maybe, but that thing will get owned by any fire attacks.

And up to now, we don't really have a fast Wall, do we? Not that we need one desperately but there isn't any. Togekiss can only be counted as a Sp.Tank but even that is not fast enough. And it's not a wall.
  4. Sunday

Gliscor is a fast wall.
  5. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

Wow Sunday I didn't see that one, nope.

Anyway, aside from the sarcism I check out what Bailey said about Ironwood Tree. Looks like an interesting tree to base an pokemon on.
  6. Justin Bailey

Justin Bailey

Ironwood Tree? I like the idea of Steel/Grass as well. [​IMG]

Grass/Electric would be nice, but just as hard to think of a design for. Ultimate Water killer FTW.
  7. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

Grass/Electic would be sweet.

Electrified Weeping Willow?
  8. Sunday

Roost made of Power cables, that leech electricity from nearby buildings.
  9. demozi

demozi

new entire pokeymons ground eletric plz
  10. Hyra

Hyra

Okay. New thread is in the process of being created.

Guess what? It will have a clicky poll.
  11. 1059860

I thought he was a tank. Oh gosh I can never get the difference between a wall and a tank.
  12. Sunday

Walls aren't meant to be fast, almost by definition. But yeah Gliscor is more of a tank.
  13. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

We really should avoid using Fire as a type on this pokemon. It's the only type remaining that is weak to Rock. As such, it is weak to Stealth Rock. After all the crap we went through with Syclant and its rock weakness, I'd really like to avoid SR weakness on this next one.

If we choose a Fire type, then we have to combine it with Fighting, Ground, or Steel. We already have Infernape and Heatran. Camerupt blows, but I don't think Fire/Ground can be saved anyway. The weaknesses are just too common.

If Fire was eliminated, we could guarantee this Pokemon isn't weak to SR, which would be a relief, after the struggles with Syclant.
  14. 1059860

Um, Syclant has great stats for a mix-sweeper, so having a few weaknesses isn't that bad. Plus, most sweepers are meant to get owned by a few types of attacks, such as Aerodactyl and Weavile.

I'd really want a Fire/Water pokemon with Yin-Yang ability or something since the type matching is Yin-Yang.
  15. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

I'm not saying you can't make a Rock weakness work. You can. It was just such a constant drone on the Syclant threads. Admitted, Syclant was carrying a 4x weak to Rock, so it was a magnified problem. But, right now, it seems like Stealth Rock is SO overplayed in the metagame. There will be all sorts of SR discussions with this pokemon, no matter what we do. Indirect damage, the ability to spin away indirect damage, the ability to block spin, the ability to counter the spin blockers, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. I'm so fucking sick of it!

Yes, it's a way of life in today's metagame. But, do we really need to invite even more focus on it, by creating a pokemon weak to Rock? Yes, the other spikes come into play -- but they're nowhere near as prevalent as SR.

I love the idea of Fire/Water (although I think of "steam"). Actually I love the idea of lots of Fire combinations. A true Fire/Ghost "Will-o-wisp" (where do you think the move got it's name?). Fire/Dragon -- How can this NOT be done by now? C'mon Fire Dragons are the most common dragon type in all sorts of gaming lore. I could go on.

I just don't want to deal with any more Stealth Rock talk than is absolutely necessary.
  16. Dilasc

Dilasc

My idea for grass/electric has always been a one eyed ear of corn with a sparkplug for a stalk. The concept is that this creature is its own microwave, which is not fire based, and sparks up its own popcorn!​
  17. Fierce Deity

Fierce Deity

Sableye evo, he is gagging for one.
  18. Tauros

Tauros

do an evo of a new one
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)