CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 2a

What should the type of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe people are complaining about the number of polls.
Fight won by one damn vote in plurality, not in majority.
There are still 44% of the voting populace that didn't go grass or fight and constitute a huge margin.
Voting online is painless and nearly effortless, my only comment is that 2b be one day just like this.
And if people can't wait one day to assure the vote between exactly two candidates (the most accurate we can get), fuck 'em. Only 60 of 208 people wanted the current winner, those 60 can give the other 148 the time of day to be fair.

One more day and then we can move on. Hell, use it to draw ideas if you're so impatient. =/

One more day and then we can move on. Hell, use it to draw ideas if you're so impatient. =/
I already did. But sadly Ghost/Fire was not selected, and Ghost/Fighting is a more difficult concept. I won't even bother with Ghost/Grass, because trees and pumpkins aren't my specialty.

To be honest, I never voted on Ghost/Fight to begin with as I still had hope Ghost/Steel would make but I'm not mad, sulking, and/or crying over the fact Ghost/Fight won now am I? =/

Edit: Now that I think of it, why can't we do both typings at the same damn time. There...both sides win.

I already did. But sadly Ghost/Fire was not selected, and Ghost/Fighting is a more difficult concept. I won't even bother with Ghost/Grass, because trees and pumpkins aren't my specialty.
The best artists are usually the most prolific. To kill time, you know the winner is either Grass or Fight, draw two pokemon. But I digress.
Trees and pumpkins? We don't have any more inspired views than that? No wonder Ghost/Grass is getting such bad face. =X

To be honest, I never voted on Ghost/Fight to begin with as I still had hope Ghost/Steel would make but I'm not mad, sulking, and/or crying over the fact Ghost/Fight won now am I? =/
I'm not mad, sulking, or crying and I would love for polls to be as accurate as possible in the smallest amount of work possible. We've gone from 10 to 5 to 2, the very definition of a log(n) workload. Tiny and efficient and the results cannot be argued.

When you get down to two people, the winner is clear beyond a doubt. A day is not too much to sacrifice for something that we're supposed to be at least a little bit professional about (not for any real reason other than we're nice guys here).

I'm not mad, sulking, or crying and I would love for polls to be as accurate as possible in the smallest amount of work possible. We've gone from 10 to 5 to 2, the very definition of a log(n) workload. Tiny and efficient and the results cannot be argued.

When you get down to two people, the winner is clear beyond a doubt. A day is not too much to sacrifice for something that we're supposed to be at least a little bit professional about (not for any real reason other than we're nice guys here).
I'm all for being a nice guy and allow those you didn't have their vote counted last time have a chance to speak their minds out again but I'm more worried about the next post being as close and inconclusive as this one which would led into another poll and another and another and so on. I would like to see Ghost/Fight actually win by a few more votes or so but I don't want to stuck on this process of the Create a pokemon forever now. I said this a few times but couldn't we just do both Ghost/Grass and Ghost/Fighting at the same time?

That's pretty unlikely since there'll only be two options.

Also, it takes a lot of time and effort to get one pokemon done, not to mention two at the same time.

Edit: And I'm serious about that ninja concept.

I'm more worried about the next post being as close and inconclusive as this one
As am I but we will never know without trying it.
We wouldn't keep repeating a 2-man contest over and over again, whoever wins a 2-man contest is the winner, it's a base case...

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here is my objective viewpoint for an idea I don't really care for:

Those who have any knowledge of statistics would realize how ridiculously inconclusive this pool was, and would have another poll for Fire/Ghost, Grass/Ghost and Fighting/Ghost.

Then, again, those with any knowledge of statistics would realize that there must be another poll with the top 2, at least if statistical relevance is what is to be emphasized.

Good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)