The drugs thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only drugs I'm taking are prescribed, and without them, I'd more than likely be dead at this time. Cannot drink alcohol... my illness plus a sulfite allergy means no liquor (though I see this as a good thing). And smoking? Pass. Absolutely no point in doing such a thing, IMO. I've pretty much been substance free except for what's keeping me alive at this point.

I've never done any drugs, which is a bit funny seeing as almost all my friends hit the hard shit or at least used too; fortunately we're cool with each other and they don't try to pressure them and I don't go off on a soapbox rant on them. I've never smoked mainly because I'm asthmatic and I saw what it did to my great-grandma. The only time I've ever drank was when I was younger and my grandparents used to slip me beer when I didn't know any better.

I've grown up around people who smoke weed on a regular basis and drink every weekend. I always avoided this kind of shit because of some family issues that are still going on. This has made it really hard to socialize I guess - not so much in public, but actually going out and getting to know people on a personal level (partying).

About a month ago, a ton of people I never really talked to wanted me to go to a party, so I felt pretty good about myself. When I was there I just sort of gave in a had several shots of vodka/ other stuff where I didn't know what it was. It was only enough to give me a buzz for several hours and be sober by the time I left, without any reprecussions other than a stomach ache. The buzz was enough to break down any social barriers that existed otherwise, while still being in complete control of everything that was going on. I never understood the whole "man, I got wrecked last night I remember nothing" mentality behind drinking. I still think that's stupid. What was funny though is that I found out that night that a lot of people didn't really give a shit if I drank or not, which was pretty cool.

I have no regrets.

I tried doing this again a few weeks later in a shaddier location, these kids were all into weed/smoking/getting absolutely plastered, and it didn't go over so well. I had one beer, another cup that was consumed in 30 seconds whilst playing beer pong - which I was forced into playing - and a good 6 or 7 cups of orange juice and vodka. I don't know how diluted it was though, because I never got any buzz, just a horrid stomach ache.

Maybe I'll reserve drinking for 2 or 3 times a year, nothing wrong with that. Also, drinking with intellectual types is where it's at.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
About 2 years ago I started sneaking out of the house at night to go to parties with my friends. His mom had given him his own house to live at at the age of sixteen, so his mom really didn't care if he got wasted nightly. So I'd go to these parties and not drink at all.. and that really seems silly to me now. I could have had alot more fun. Then, about a year and a half ago, I went to my friend's lingerie party (most of my friend's are 2-3 years older than me) and decided I would drink for the first time. I had 2 shots of Vodka and was immediately extremely tipsy (I can't remember if I was actually drunk since I had no prior experience as of then) and some more Vodka later at my friend's house. Since it was his house to do whatever with he usually had 10+ people stay there on any given night. My first time drinking ended quite nicely, watching 3 naked girls play twister...

Some months later, which would be around a year from right now, I decided to consider pot. The same friend, I knew, had been trying to keep him smoking a secret from me because he didn't know how I would react. At first I was pretty upset, but the more I stayed around, the more I wanted to try it. So, we went to see a movie and smoked in the car before. I got really blazed. I remember the most peculiar sensation of my toes not being able to stop moving- they were doing the wave for hours. That night, they wanted to get me extremely high so we went to Hippie Rob's house to smoke from his bong. From there we went to the trap house and smoked another 2 blunts. That night changed my life. I've been smoking from that point on, but have only ever smoked high grade Crip or Kush.

Again, I found myself exposed to yet another drug, Xanax. The same friend offered me one because it was broken and wouldn't sell. I snorted half and popped the other half, went home and cooked. I ended up frying my hand lol.

You see, we really just did binges of a single substance and quit a month later, except for pot that is. When we found out a guy was growing shrooms in his house in the area we bought from him,did them and quit. My first experience was off of 2.3 grams conceiled in chocolate. I locked myself up in my room and tripped. I had taken the time to set up my room for the situation prior by replacing the lights with pink and blue ones. I was really tripping. My room became a locatio in space, in which there were stars fighting eachother (how bizzare) while I watched the Golf Network. I had never watched golf before but the trees in the background seemed to make a connection with me so I kept it on. When a SeaWorld commercial came on with the flying whales, a Penguin hopped out of my TV and stood guard by my bed for the remainder of the trip. When I went to bed my walls were rippling, as if they were water and I was enclosed. My last experience with shrooms was a semi-bad trip at Homecoming. That was enough for me.

I've also tried E, started somewhere between my first and last shroom trips. It was good, since we went to another friend's house and we DJed some Techno for us. I bought another bunch of beans and flipped them for cash to buy more for a while, but ended up doing them and losing money.

Oddly enough, the last substance for me to try was cigarettes. I always thought they were disgusting (they are!) but quite nice after smoking pot.

Then, I had other ambitions, and my dad found germinating pot seeds in my room (hidden of course) and drug tested me- needless to say I failed. This was in late November and I haven't touched the stuff since. However, during the first week of January, I took 6 Bars and got really trashed. I didn't mean to, I just unconsciously kept eating more, like they were candy. While Barred out I went to Wal-Mart, tried to buy some Tussin, got kicked out, and apparently the Pharmacist knew my dad >_>. He called him and I got my money, phone, and truck taken away. I have received my phone back, hope to get the truck back today, and possibly my money, too.

During my period of non-smoking, I did try huffing air duster. It's the only thing I ever regret doing. When I tried it I did get really, really high (trust me, nothing feels better than it) but it only lasts for a few minutes at max. Afterwards you get really depressed, feel really stupid, cough alot, and can feel the nasty chemicals in your lungs. I would never advise anyone to try this, it's really bad!

At the moment, I'm only drinking, and since I've gotten PMs saying they can't believe I still want to smoke pot, I'll clarify by adding that I'm not going to do drugs until I'm no longer their responsibility.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I only drink alcoholic drinks if I actually enjoy the drink, and I tend to do it very lightly.

Never done anything else. Don't plan to smoke cigarettes after my grandfather's lung cancer. I had two roommates third semester who loved weed and offered it to me, but I always turned it down.

I've tried weed, but since I've only done it once I didn't feel the effects. Probably will do it again some time. I've smoked cigarettes and cigars though I didn't enjoy those too much.

I drink also but not so much during the school year. During the summer, quite a bit though (maybe too much - I have a feeling I was risking addiction last year).

Cannabis brownies at homecoming. Somehow my friend got a hold of them...most fun of my life I must say. Dancing with girls was never more fun.

Course I needed a non-high friend to make sure I didn't do anything retarded. Kinda retarded though, there were a few cops there. Some kid arrived there drunk and was suspended.

Besides that and some alcohol, I use Provigil so I can sleep less and turn into a friggin working robot for better grades and schoolwork. My mom is a pharmacist so she I managed to get her to get it for me. That shit seriously works though, but I only take it during really busy times because it makes me a zombie, and completely uninteresting at all. I just do my work, and thats basically it. Not a very good way to get along with people, or get together with girls. But it has definitely helped in keeping my grades up, since it lets me get around more than 5 hours of quality work done at once when I'm back home from all my activities, and allows me to live off 2-3 hours of sleep. Keeps my appetite a bit lower too, so I don't gain too much weight as the tennis season comes up.

I may do acid once more since one of my girl friends wants to do it with me, but chances are somewhat low. I mean, drugs are kind of fun, but I really don't think people should view it as something spiritual and enlightening, because seriously? You're on fucking drugs. <___<
if you believe that you're just "on fucking drugs" and not one with the universal
concept that reality is everything and essentially nothing, connected in every way by thought or stream of conciousness, than that is all your mind will ever process on your "drugs" and you'll never reach the full euphoric effects.

I drink a little bit, usually with friends or when I can't fall asleep and it's 3:30 am.

I haven't willingly gotten high, except when I went to a friend's party in his garage and it was a hotbox. Then I did karaoke and my friend was laughing so hard that I thought he was going to die.

if you believe that you're just "on fucking drugs" and not one with the universal
concept that reality is everything and essentially nothing, connected in every way by thought or stream of consciousness, than that is all your mind will ever process on your "drugs" and you'll never reach the full euphoric effects.
I'm honestly not quite sure what you're talking about. I mean, all I meant is that drugs shouldn't be a way to change your life. It's fun, something to enjoy. But it's not something that should permanently alter your lifestyle. It's supposed to be recreational, and one should always keep that in mind.

It's not so much I'm limiting myself. It's more I'm trying to be more realistic. And I'm quite sure I reach some rather euphoric effects, or I wouldn't speak so highly about it.

Only drugs I've tried are weed and alcohol.
I hate alcohol, having seen 2 of my friends almost die from alcohol poisoning and having to go with them to hospital, holding their heads so they didn't apshyxiate on their own vomit.
Weed, though, is awesome. Most weekends I'll go for a smoke with a large group of mates, and the school holidays are usualy just week-longs monging sesions.

I was writing a response to this thread a few days ago but it came out a little harsher than I really wanted, so I didn't post it. The general theme of it went something like this: judge a person's advice by the quality of the life they lead. Akuchi, I respect you a lot and am thankful I pretty much have never had to live through any one of the myriad of challenges you've faced. That said, advice encouraging others to experiment would be better received coming from somebody who lived a more charmed life.

Personally, I've only done the lightest of stuff, at least as far as social norms: weed and alcohol. I won't pass opinion on anything I haven't done. As far as what I have done, I only really found weed special in that I ate an absolute ton of food and it tasted better than anything I had ever had before. Ruffles and chocolate donuts have never been so good. The relaxation is fine, but I'm not particularly stressed beforehand, and I feel a bit guilty about smoking afterwards. That's not due to any sort of "good boys shouldn't smoke" nonsense, but rather I think to myself "...you sat on a couch stoned, ate donuts, and watched men in black until you fell asleep?" Alcohol I would recommend a shitload of experimentation with because it takes a while before you really accurately know what your limits are. That knowledge gives you the power to refuse that one more shot that really is going to embarass you the next day.

edit: Oh, and I've smoked about half a cigarette once. I liked it, and that scared the shit out of me even more than cigarettes already did.
edit2: Couldn't turn down a cuban, either...the kid's dad definitely knew we took it, too. I was leaving the house the next morning and he was there smoking a cuban from his box that was conspiciously slightly less full than it had been, looking daggers at us.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
I am straight edge, the most powerful drug i have ever taken is allergy medication. Generally i even refuse to take that, my body will get over it eventually. I dont want to turn this into a random drugs ruin your life disucssion, but that is my belief. I have some friends that do weed, and i respect that its their choice, so i dont get involved.

Nate: you just reminded me of the sheer brilliant joy of a triple chocolate hippie brownie at that festival after we'd been smoking weed for two days and not eaten anything in the meantime. And yeah, you're right - I'm not so much advocating drugs as a way of coping (though they are undoubtedly valuable for that), more saying if one as unbalanced as I can cope with drugs then their dangers to mentally well people seem exaggerated at best.

I don't feel like elaborating upon my drug history, but instead wanted to pose a question: who else loves the smell of weed? It's fuckin' euphoric.

I've smoked a ton of weed. From 1999-2002 I smoked at least 3-4 joints almost everyday. I've done acid 3 times.

I am fond of Wild Turkey and I smoke cigarettes. Other than that, nada.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
I don't feel like elaborating upon my drug history, but instead wanted to pose a question: who else loves the smell of weed? It's fuckin' euphoric.
Oh my god. Weed is the best smell in the entire world. When I used to smoke people told me I wreaked of the stuff but dammit I loved that smell. Not necessarily after it's burned, but when it's still weed. Only thing is, whenever I can smell it on someone else I get close to relapse and want to start up again. Apparently there's a cologne called "Kush". I intend to get it when I can find it.

I've done Alchohol at 13, and do it on occasions...

However, I'm not going to try weed / cocaine / heroine etc...I won't risk addiction, and mostly Drugs make your life sadder then it already is (since usually people use them to "get rid" of their life problems). Meh my Great-Grandparents died from lung-cancer.

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
age 13 - weed, alcohol
age 15 - coke (just once, didn't know anybody who could supply me at that point)
age 16 - speed, xtc, ghb, salvia
age 17 - mushrooms, ketamine, LSD (1/4th of a trip), 2-CB (capsules), N20
age 18 - LSD (full trip)

you can say i'm addicted to weed and ghb at this point, but it's no big deal to me. on the weekends i enjoy cocaine and some speed.
and i don't smoke cigarettes.

Having never tried it, and only smelling it on other people, I freaking hate that smell. It drives me nuts. Maybe it's harder to appreciate unless you enjoyed the full dose?

I'm 14 and a freshman in highschool. About 80% of the people here either smoke a lot of weed or drink a lot of alcohol. I am one of those people who fits in both categories. I've reached the point where i can just chug straight vodka or whiskey and not give a shit, I don't drink beer to get drunk anymore because the amount it takes to get me drunk is way too much. Me and my friends used to bike to this ropeswing off in the woods and hit my blue bong with stars indented into it (aka the wizard) and then go off the ropeswing into the water. A few fun things happened with girls there too...but I won't get too in depth about that.

I also smoke salvia occasionally, and I've gotta say that shit is amazing. My parents once caught me and my friend (he was sleeping over) smoking salvia in my room playing n64. He got sent home and I had to sleep on the couch. I then had a lengthy conversation with said couch about life and the universe. After that conversation, I thought my dog was a robber and after trying to hide from him, everything became legos. I then became a part of the couch and went to sleep.

My favorite drug of all is Ritalin (Methylphenidate). I love this drug because the effect it has on me changes frequently, but I have never had a bad experience. Probably the worst experience I had was one time when my penis stopped working. Since this is a pokemon board, I'll put this in terms you can understand. My penis normally knows 4 moves: Water Gun, Rain Dance, Harden, and Bulk Up. During a period of approximately 7 hours, it forgot all of those moves and learned struggle. Now you're probably wondering how a drug that did this can be my favorite. That's because I left out that at the same time that my penis wasn't working, I felt high, drunk, and was having some hallucinations similar to salvia.

I don't plan on trying cocaine or heroin or anything like that, maybe some lsd or mushrooms, but for now those are good enough for me.

I'm 14 and a freshman in highschool. About 80% of the people here either smoke a lot of weed or drink a lot of alcohol. I am one of those people who fits in both categories. I've reached the point where i can just chug straight vodka or whiskey and not give a shit, I don't drink beer to get drunk anymore because the amount it takes to get me drunk is way too much. Me and my friends used to bike to this ropeswing off in the woods and hit my blue bong with stars indented into it (aka the wizard) and then go off the ropeswing into the water. A few fun things happened with girls there too...but I won't get too in depth about that.

I also smoke salvia occasionally, and I've gotta say that shit is amazing. My parents once caught me and my friend (he was sleeping over) smoking salvia in my room playing n64. He got sent home and I had to sleep on the couch. I then had a lengthy conversation with said couch about life and the universe. After that conversation, I thought my dog was a robber and after trying to hide from him, everything became legos. I then became a part of the couch and went to sleep.

My favorite drug of all is Ritalin (Methylphenidate). I love this drug because the effect it has on me changes frequently, but I have never had a bad experience. Probably the worst experience I had was one time when my penis stopped working. Since this is a pokemon board, I'll put this in terms you can understand. My penis normally knows 4 moves: Water Gun, Rain Dance, Harden, and Bulk Up. During a period of approximately 7 hours, it forgot all of those moves and learned struggle. Now you're probably wondering how a drug that did this can be my favorite. That's because I left out that at the same time that my penis wasn't working, I felt high, drunk, and was having some hallucinations similar to salvia.

I don't plan on trying cocaine or heroin or anything like that, maybe some lsd or mushrooms, but for now those are good enough for me.
ahahaha

Weed smells disgusting. especially when mixed with honey.

I find it hilarious that my very first post was in the drug thread.

Oh and weed smells delicious, you obviously just haven't been acquainted with the smell enough.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
I think it must be acquired because I get buterflies when I smell it. I didn't before I smoked though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)