Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (CAP Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it isn't a question of OU vs. UU really. the pokes made in CaP are made to be competitive from the way the game works in general, which means it has to function decently well in OU since that is what is considered "standard." then factor in that we don't seperate OU and UU, then we have little reason to make a UU poke.
if you truly wish for an UU power poke, then at the next CaP submit a concept for an UU poke, but realize that it will have to be original and relevant.

My question therefore is this: would it be possible for CAP to create a UU pokemon, to study the UU metagame? I am aware that this would require changes to the CAP server, but is the idea under consideration?
Bearing in mind that CAP currently doesn't have enough users to support a UU ladder, a UU CAP would unlikely see much use. However there has been a little talk in the past of implementing the pre-evolutions of CAPs which would likely have stats suited to UU, so it's not a complete pipedream. It's probably more likely than a whole CAP focused on UU.

My question is - given that CAP 8 is going to start soon, could we have the latest usage statistics before Concept Submissions, so that people can see the state of the metagame in order to propose more relevant concepts? And also just because it's very interesting to see the statistics.

Well considering that there are little statistics involving Kitsunoh in the metagame (half of it is Kit only, the other half without kit, with maybe a day or 3 with everything), they won't be helpful at all as they won't reflect the game in its current state. (it'll be skewed as fuck).

Speaking of statistics, what ever happened to the February stats!

The stats are usually monthly, Doug is so busy at the moment that he can't even start up the next CAP discussion. A little patience will be necessary, but he will probably leave the stats for after the next project begins. It may even be a split kind of thing as we had two separate metagames throughout this month. Doug is pretty reliable with the usage stats, but as of now it is more of a luxury than a priority.

Will we get a discussion thread for the secondary typing?

I understand the reasoning for not having one during the primary typing poll, but our choice of secondary typing will affect the play style of the pokemon and also direct us in relation to the style bias polls.

Since the discussion threads are an accepted part of the procress guide I was hoping to confirm that there will be one for the secondary typing poll?

I hope you think my question is simple, and would be happy to receive a simple yes or no answer.

Will we get a discussion thread for the secondary typing?

I understand the reasoning for not having one during the primary typing poll, but our choice of secondary typing will affect the play style of the pokemon and also direct us in relation to the style bias polls.

Since the discussion threads are an accepted part of the procress guide I was hoping to confirm that there will be one for the secondary typing poll?

I hope you think my question is simple, and would be happy to receive a simple yes or no answer.
Yes. It's going up immediately.

What were the "Roles" of the previous CAPs, I know that Kitsunoh is the "Ultimate Scout" but whawt were the others?

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
What were the "Roles" of the previous CAPs, I know that Kitsunoh is the "Ultimate Scout" but whawt were the others?
I don't know if Syclant, Revenanhk and Pyroak get a "concept", but

Fidgit's concept was Pure Utility Pokemon, Stratagem's was Break the Mold, Arghonaut's was Decentralize and Kitsunoh's concept was Ultimate Scout.

Syclant was something along the lines of a Pure Glass Cannon, isn't it?

EDIT: ok thanks for the clarifying tennis

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No, Caladbolg is right, the first three didn't have a set concept per se, they were just kinda feeling around blind.

The first two had a rough "theme" - Syclant was glass canon, and Revenankh was bulky. Pyroak never really even had a theme, which is why he's kinda the odd CaP out even to this day in the fact his usage is absolutely minimal, where as all the others receive decent usage, if not amazing.

EDIT: Although, iirc, it's been a long time but I can remember some people wanting Pyroak to be a Sunny Day sweeper?

EDIT: Although, iirc, it's been a long time but I can remember some people wanting Pyroak to be a Sunny Day sweeper?
They wanted Pyroak to have "Greenhouse", an Ability that summoned Sun for 5 turns.

We also tested auto-sun and auto-rain, and the general consensus was that they were "overcentralizing".

Were Pokédex entries for Arghonaut or Kitsunoh ever created?

I cannot find them or a mention that this part of the CAP process was to be discontinued.

Is there somewhere where i can look up the types of the CAP pokemon and their abilities, mainly fidgets ability because persistent seems unique to him.

And also Sydant's mountaineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)