HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys what's the possibilities of the Red Gyarados getting Drizzle as an ability? Since it's raining on that area....
I seriously doubt it. Really i think its just a coincidece, Although i do believe theres a possibility for swift swim seeing as how it was forcibly evolved it may have kept magikarps ability.

Hey guys what's the possibilities of the Red Gyarados getting Drizzle as an ability? Since it's raining on that area....
I just believed the area was currently raining for reason, like the Radio Tower Waves somehow messed with nature or somethin', or Lake of Rage's always raining.

Just a thought I had since I've seen that trailer.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why exactly would it be a Wi-Fi battle? And we know from the video that at least both girls were together, we just can't hear the male trainers' players.
because the description of a video said it was a wi-fi battle

And superpower helps Dragonite that much compared to Salamence because of.......

Yeah, not finding anything here.

Anyway, there's no way Gyarados will get Drizzle. Its probably just rage rain that might stop once you messed over Team Rocket for good.

haunter

Banned deucer.
And superpower helps Dragonite that much compared to Salamence because of.......

Yeah, not finding anything here.

Anyway, there's no way Gyarados will get Drizzle. Its probably just rage rain that might stop once you messed over Team Rocket for good.
Superpower gives Dragonite some advantages, especially on mixed sets, notably being able to ohko Blissey with little Atk investment, while mix-Mence can only 2hko her with either brick break or outrage.

I don't think that Gyarados will ever get drizzle, but of course, if it did, it would go to ubers immediately in my opinion.

As this is only a re-make, they won't introduce new abilities / forms of pokemon, if that comes, it will be in the 5th gen. (Although I agree with haunter that instant sun/rain is definatly broken)
What may happen is more along the lines of new move tutors, which shouldn't change play too much, although this can change the metagame (e.g. when scizor got BP in platinum).

So who still belives that red gyarados kept intimidate?
Eh, Gyarados isn't that special to me, nor do I think a weird colored one is going to have a lot of changes than other Gyaradoses.

In other words, I'm still on the side that the Shiny Gyarados has Intimidate.

The symbol is only different on game menus which indicate whether or not the feature you're about to activate will use local wireless or a wi-fi connection. The connection indicator is the same for both.

It's solid red for the whole battle anyway, so all this shows is that they're playing on test units with wired connections.

I agree that Gyarados will keep Intimidate because Gamefreak knows how broken Gyarados with Drizzle would be. Rain teams already have devastating offense, so imagine all the stat-boost and attack opprotunities a Rain team would have if it didn't have to set up Rain Dance every 5-8 turns. A Rain team could use a Gyarados lead to threaten sweeping immediately with Dragon Dance and double-STAB Waterfall.

I see. Well, there's nothing on the video itself that gives it's a Wi-Fi battle. Actually, the wireless symbol to the upper right corner in the video is red which means no signal, so technically it's not even a wireless battle >_>
I agree, it probably isn't over wifi. I think they are using a device similar to the ones used at the VGC tournaments, because those also showed red, 0 bars.

Gyarados doesn't seem all that threatening, with just one turn of set up. Sure, if you don't have one of Celebi / Vaporeon / Slowbro / Starmie / Tangrowth on your team, he can be threatening, but the prospect of him getting Swift Swim, and making him broken, is slightly ridiculous. Celebi / Tangrowth are still getting hit by the same Ice Fang / Bounce, and the waters are still getting hit by the same Earthquake / Bounce. Also, it is a bit ludicrous to think Gamefreak would give certain pokemon certain abilities to abide by our tier-list. Last time I checked, tiers and usage follow the release of pokemon, not the other way around.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Obviously it's very unlikely that Gyara will get a new ability, by the way the threat would be drizzle, not swift swim, but if it ever got drizzle, then it would probably fall under both the offensive - having a free double stab waterfall to dispose of every non grass\water absorb pokemon - and support uber characteristics. This is pure theorymon of course.

I'm finally starting to see Entei, Suicune, and Raikou as cats instead of dogs (after like 10 years), mostly because of that video of Entei's eyes coming out of the dark and Raikou's new pose.
I guess their bodies never struck me as cat-like.

That's all fan-made music in those videos by the way. Idk who made those ones, but do know PokeRemixStudio makes some incredible stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)