Shoddy Battle 2 (the future of Shoddy Battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the CAP pokemon still be inplemented in Shoddy 2? Probably a dumb question but i want to confirm this. Is it possible to manually add pokemon to Shoddy battle 2 aswell? Without doing such difficult things as in Shoddy 1?
That has nothing to do with Shoddy Battle as a whole, really, so long as the ability to modify Pokemon remains, which I believe it will. Thus, it's purely up to the CAP server to put them back up, so it's practically guaranteeable that everything will be fine there.

Thank you very much for you work on this! It is a tremendous service to all of us.

I think these would be very useful to have in the new client:
  • The latest screenshot of Shoddy 2 shows that a Statused Pokemon has its pokeball turned grey whereas a dead one has it grey with a red X on it. What would be incredibly useful is if we could also have a small icon indicating the status effects. For example, a lightning bolt icon over a grey Pokeball for paralysis, 'zZ' for sleep, etc. Granted, this info is available in the 'Switch' tab in more detail, but it could be handy to save a click or two when you're playing blitz modes.
  • I do not know if I am the only one experiencing this, but when there are a lot of players online and text is scrolling extremely fast in the main console, the whole program gets lagged. Like when I click on radio buttons to switch moves in the battle window, it waits a fraction of a second before selecting it. I have a pretty high end machine, so I doubt it's my computer being slow. I am able to reduce this lag a decent amount by minimizing the main window, but that of course comes at the expense of having to either just battle or just chat at any given time (I like to do both when I play casually). Switching back and forth between the windows is especially slow on such nights. A speed-up of the client over all would be really helpful.
  • Tie the 'Use This Team' command to the ladder team. Currently, the default team is only used when being individually challenged. Ladder play requires that you load a team just for the ladder. Bringing these together could tie in nicely with the previously suggested idea of having a different default team for each metagame. As an aside, it is sometimes the case that when I save my team and then click 'Use This Team' right afterwards, it prompts me to save again. Not always, though.
  • Show remaining Pokemon HP at the end of each turn in battle logs.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Thank you very much for you work on this! It is a tremendous service to all of us.

I think these would be very useful to have in the new client:
  • The latest screenshot of Shoddy 2 shows that a Statused Pokemon has its pokeball turned grey whereas a dead one has it grey with a red X on it. What would be incredibly useful is if we could also have a small icon indicating the status effects. For example, a lightning bolt icon over a grey Pokeball for paralysis, 'zZ' for sleep, etc. Granted, this info is available in the 'Switch' tab in more detail, but it could be handy to save a click or two when you're playing blitz modes.
If you put your mouse over the pokeball, it says what there status condition it has.

First of all, thanks for doing this. It's a huge help for all of us, especially the doubles (since netbattle blows something major). But something I would think would be absolutely AMAZING would be a feature where you can start a tournament, which might be a new tab. Like a list of tournaments. ex: "umbreonleader's OU tournament: (9/16)" And it would auto-randomize the bracket.
The numbers are the amount of slots taken/amount of total slots.
and a little more far fetched- the ability to pay rating points to enter a tornament, with all of them being pooled and divided among the top 5 or something. Like a buy-in for a poker tornament

Hey thats not a bad idea, i support the idea above me actually. I can't wait till this new shoddy comes out, it'll make our lifes so much easier >:D

If you put your mouse over the pokeball, it says what there status condition it has.
Hmm yes, you're right. I was thinking of it purely from a convenience point of view specifically for tightly timed games. For example, if you're playing a 1 min blitz, it's generally hard to remember everything that happened so far because time is such a factor and your'e so caught up in making the next move. So if you want to know if those 2 grey pokeballs are paralysis or burn, rather than having to float over them one by one, it's very convenient to just see a status indicator on the pokeball itself. Something like this isn't crucial but could definitely help in specific cases like this.

This actually brought up another thought. Currently, battles begin the instant a battle window pops up. Perhaps a 10 second delay or a 'READY' button could be added before the clock actually begins to count down. I actually feel that this is critical if we're to do any tightly timed matches (with little or no time bonus per move). Losing a few seconds at the start of a match due to window load sort of kills those blitz games.

Thanks for all your hard work guys. Just a few things:

1) Will you be able to double click the move/switch button instead of having to click it and then hit the attack button? This was a simple feature from NetBattle that made it so much more convenient.

2) Have there been any further decisions on Platinum sprites (and HG/SS later on) being implemented? What I imagined was that there would simply be an option to tick the box next to their main sprites like there are for shinies.

3) I know you've said several times there's no plans for older gens at the moment, but have you considered working on it sometime way down the line when you have no other Shoddy related projects? Any possiblity at all, or have you 100% decided it will never happen?

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for all your hard work guys. Just a few things:

1) Will you be able to double click the move/switch button instead of having to click it and then hit the attack button? This was a simple feature from NetBattle that made it so much more convenient.

2) Have there been any further decisions on Platinum sprites (and HG/SS later on) being implemented? What I imagined was that there would simply be an option to tick the box next to their main sprites like there are for shinies.

3) I know you've said several times there's no plans for older gens at the moment, but have you considered working on it sometime way down the line when you have no other Shoddy related projects? Any possiblity at all, or have you 100% decided it will never happen?
1) Yes you can

2) Platinum sprites will be there (as well as DP sprites for lame people). HG/SS sprites will likely be made available as a sprite package down the road

3) The problem is, the earlier generations all have very different (and buggy) mechanics, as well as requiring many moves to be redone and other things like team builder taken into account. It's extremely unlikely that me or Colin will be working on it, but this is an open source project so you never know if someone out there might take the time.

Im not sure if this has been mentioned yet in the thread but, I think a lot of people would like to see a simple win/loss record on top of the current ratings.

Many persons are suggesting a Disallow spectator option, if so can you colour code those matches (maybe even remove them from the battle list) to prevent persons from randomly selecting matches only to see a annoy message pop up repeatedly, also ensure administrators can still view these matches (for obvious reasons). Another suggestion was to enable a mute option so administrators can mute minor offenders instead of banning them, could you just make this mute extend only to the main chat room and not private chat tabs so the violator can appeal to the administrator and talk during Pokémon battles. I know this was mention earlier but can you place a battle finder on the unrated ladder (like those on the other ladders) I’m tired of Alt accounts and getting my battle request rejected 7 times out of 10.
Finally could you place a win to lose ratio counter that reset each time you change your team this will make team testing easier (no percentages please those don’t show anything useful).

Shoddy Battle 2 supports both singles and doubles battles, as well as a more general mode that is not technically pokemon where you can have any number of pokemon out at one time (up to six). For example, you could play triples.
In the triples mode and beyond, how will Surf, EQ, and the other multi-target attacks work?

First, sorry if someone already posted one(or all) of my ideas.
Now for some things that i think that would be nice in shoddy2:
1-In the EVs spread menu, aside from direct typing the number,it should have a bar to manualy spread the evs, so if i already know the ev i type them direct, and if i'm still deciding i drag the bar and see the results till i be satisfied;
2-A option to auto refuse chalenges if someone who challege you have a specific poke that you don't want to battle, like i don't want to fight a chomp(i know that he is banned now, it's only a example), i put in that option to refuse anyone that has a chomp;
3-it' like the N°2, but for rules/clauses(to only accept chalenges with the sleep clause,etc);
4-In the team build move list, make a way to classify the moves by some aspect of my choice(pow, acc, learned by, category, type).
For now, that's all folks.

In the triples mode and beyond, how will Surf, EQ, and the other multi-target attacks work?
IMO Triples up to Quintuples shouldn't have a ladder yet since there would be major stability issues on that. Maybe on the first release of Shoddy 2, I propose that the mode over doubles is not yet ladder, since as we all know, they're not authentic.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
@ everyone on the last page - I'm pretty sure 3 v 3 is meant to be battle toweresque and not 3 pokemon out at the same time. Correct me if I'm wrong though (I think it'd be stupid to create a whole new type of battling like 3 pokemon out at the same time). 4 v 4 doubles would be cool too. Anyway i'm pretty happy with thr regular shoddybattle atm, but things I'm looking forward to are:

The click on users same to see their battle

Disallow spectators, I finally don't have to use alts to playtest

The reconnect feature, god that would be awesome, especially for me :)

Typing in the desired moves instead of scrolling, which is really annoying on stuff like Smeargle.

Thanks for all your efforts guys :)

Cathy

Banned deucer.
The n v. n refers to having n pokemon out at the same time. So 3 v. 3 means three pokemon out at the same time. The only reason this mode is included is that it's not any more work to generalise the engine to all values of n rather than just 2 v. 2, and since it's not any more work, it's included as a curiosity. It's not a pokemon simulation though, and I don't know whether anybody will play it.

The n v. n refers to having n pokemon out at the same time. So 3 v. 3 means three pokemon out at the same time. The only reason this mode is included is that it's not any more work to generalise the engine to all values of n rather than just 2 v. 2, and since it's not any more work, it's included as a curiosity. It's not a pokemon simulation though, and I don't know whether anybody will play it.
Colin, would the n v. n also adjust move power according to n or just stick with 2v2 rules? Like surf does 75% but to all targets in 2v2, so would it go down to like 60% or something for 3v3?

Hey there, sorry if this suggestions have already been posted but it would be very sweet to have:

- A Control panel tab, in which you can see your rating, your number of loss-win match ratio and so on.

- A friend list is also a great idea, you could see which of your friends are offline or online and their ratings.

- A Shoddy battle leaderboard ( or mabye just a server leaderboard)

Anyway thanks for reading this old man ranting :)

Really looking forward to this!

I dunno if this was already asked, but will multi-battles (4-player 2v2) also be implemented?

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but I thought it would be a good idea if the Team Builder had default sets that could be used by people too lazy to make teams/wanted to try out new builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)