Shoddy Battle 2 (the future of Shoddy Battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's not what you were asking for, since it doesn't have any pre-set teams in it and is just used for saving Pokemon info so that you don't have to set all of the options again when you want to use the same Pokemon, but what Imran is talking about is in Tools --> Open Box in the Team Builder.

the idea of a "box" - a database of effective pokemon sets that can be imported directly into shoddy battle - has been discussed before. in fact, myself and some other users have been working on one for a while now, and we've almost got the entire OU tier complete.

pm me if you're interested.

Seems kind of petty, though. Surely you can just save them yourself. I mean if people have already done it then fine, but otherwise it's just a little lazy when you only have to make them yourself once (when you first use them) and then save them.

I just got an idea on the subject; implementing the ban lists into challenge windows! That way, there wouldn't be any n00bs to sucker you into an Uber battle with OUs (or any chance for newbs to be suckered into said fight).

I'm sorry to interrupt an existing conversation, but I thought the implementation of a "friend list" for shoddy could be an interesting idea, imo.

Okay, I want to make sure of a couple things:

1. When is it coming out? (Sorry if I missed this somewhere.)
2. Will Shoddy Battle 1 Servers be compatable with SB2?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is the release date still set for September? Or will it be pushed to a later time? Not to try to rush you guys or anything

Cathy

Banned deucer.
The release date was never September. The opening post always said "September at the earliest".

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
let me rephrase my question then; does it look like shoddybattle2 will be released in september? If not, could you give us a guess as to when

The release date was never September. The opening post always said "September at the earliest".
one thing ive noticed is that you said 4-5 months except to take the fact that 4 months from april is augest.does this mean that the auguest is the release date at the earilest?

Cathy

Banned deucer.
I said 4-5 months on April 27th. So the lower end is August 27th, which is basically September--hence, September at the earliest. And in any case, we're not obligated to release at any time. This is volunteer work and we will be finished when we are finished. Hopefully in the next two months, but if not, oh well.

Well, i can't wait, that's for sure. I really appreciate all the work you've done so far, so i'd say take your time to properly finish the program. Until that time, i'll make some more teams :D

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In shoddy battle 1 there is already a way to challenge people to random battles so I wondered about this:

Could a new challenge option be added called Metronome Battle?(both players have the exactly same 6 randomly chosen lvl 100 pokemon(EVs, IVs, Abilities, Items and Natures) in randomized order, with Metronome in all four of their move slots)

Dont know if suggestions are still going and if this was already suggested but

How about if you just type '/record' you get your record.

Dont know if suggestions are still going and if this was already suggested but

How about if you just type '/record' you get your record.
this would be handy indeed. alternatively, you could have a "show record" option on a title bar menu or something.

Just a suggestion but could there be a more visual way of recognizing tournament, cup, frontier, etc winners? I mean, most people (including myself) would have to go out of their way to know Atticus pulled something impressive enough off so that when you beat him it feels more rewarding. Its like giving great shoddy members an "Elite Four" status that they earn and everyone online can see and admire.

Will SB2 remember the state of the "No Challenges" setting across sessions? Most people who use that setting probably have little reason to ever turn it off so it would be nice if it could just be turned on once and have it stay that way.

Has anyone suggested sharkbats yet? They were pretty fun back on ircbots.

I'd like support for separate channels. Things like actual Pokemon chat and then off-topic, etc.

I was hoping to be able to battle R/B/Y. 1st gen was fun, but haven't played it competitively for years. I couldn't care much for 2nd gen (matches that went on forever, ugh) or 3rd gen (poor man's 4th gen), but 1st gen was unique and damn fun. Nobody played it on Netbattle in 2006, so I doubt they are now.

Anyway, I'd like to see an NU ladder. I don't understand why there isn't one in the first place.

I probably don't have any suggestions that haven't already been mentioned, so thanks for all of the hard work you guys are doing :)

This might of been suggested, and if so I am sorry.

I'm not suggesting all the battle animations..just really basic ones..perhaps one for each type..maybe..but even that isn't needed..just one that shows being hit, healed, field effects (spikes, SR, etc)....

lol..sorry if that made little sense, trying to describe it in words is harder than I though =/

Oh and I remember reading about Sprites and stuff...maybe you could make it so they are customizable..so some talented people could be crazy and make some neat looking custom ones...I mean like make it so you can use 'Sprite Packs' or something..

Hope those made sense and the project is looking great so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)