Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Is there a way to know what frame I was on when I collected my egg for breeding? I'm trying to get a pokemon on frame 2 and I've had to rebreed the shiny egg twice now. >.< Sorry, I'm kinda new to this..

Is there a way to know what frame I was on when I collected my egg for breeding? I'm trying to get a pokemon on frame 2 and I've had to rebreed the shiny egg twice now. >.< Sorry, I'm kinda new to this..
You have to find your initial seed by catching the pokemon, and then hatch the egg. Type your initial seed into the main window, drop it down to say "Breeding DPPt" and hit Generate. Then match up the IVs with one of those on the list that is generated. That will be your starting frame.

No, sorry... Thats frame callibration right? I meant after I've hit my delay and collected the egg. I have to hit a frame of 2 so its kinda hard. >_< Is there any possible way to find out what my frame was when I collected it?

EDIT: Nvm Dan Dan, I'll do it your way. I just wanted to hatch it at a cool place. Oh well. =( Thanks.

No, sorry... Thats frame callibration right? I meant after I've hit my delay and collected the egg. I have to hit a frame of 2 so its kinda hard. >_< Is there any possible way to find out what my frame was when I collected it?
From what I understand, that's what the Frame Calibration phase is for (though I've yet to do any RNG breeding, so someone correct me if I'm wrong <_<). The phase is used to determine what frame the RNG is advanced to when you pick up the egg for that particular save. If you consistently get a result of, say, 4 frames upon the egg's collection, then getting your frame 2 spread simply won't be possible for that save. You'd probably either have to wait a bit and save in front of the daycare man again, hoping the NPCs will move around less, or choose a higher-frame spread.

Again, someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.

EDIT: What Dan Dan is telling you is a condensed version of the Frame Calibration phase. You don't keep the hatched Pokеmon, you just use it to find how many frames advanced at its collection, along with the seed found by catching a wild Pokemon.

From what I understand, that's what the Frame Calibration phase is for (though I've yet to do any RNG breeding, so someone correct me if I'm wrong <_<). The phase is used to determine what frame the RNG is advanced to when you pick up the egg for that particular save. If you consistently get a result of, say, 4 frames upon the egg's collection, then getting your frame 2 spread simply won't be possible for that save. You'd probably either have to wait a bit and save in front of the daycare man again, hoping the NPCs will move around less, or choose a higher-frame spread.

Again, someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.

EDIT: What Dan Dan is telling you is a condensed version of the Frame Calibration phase. You don't keep the hatched Pokеmon, you just use it to find how many frames advanced at its collection, along with the seed found by catching a wild Pokemon.
Yeah, I kept getting a frame of 1 in callibration but can't find a flawless spread with parents I have except on frame 2 or higher... Frame 2 was my best option and the closest so I went for that one. I'm just going to get a better parent and start over. And I figured out a way I can do this and hatch it at a place I like. Thanks for the help. :)

To those of you who were helping me earlier, thank you. I'm sorry for being so, stupid, needy, whatever.

I still have no idea what I was doing wrong, but I got it working now, so thank you.

Hoping somebody can help me out. I was trying to get a 5-perfect IV ditto in Diamond. Since I have to radar for it, I followed LightningFusion's advice.

Basically did this: hit time/delay, radar for pokemon, if it's ditto - check Ivs of caught one to determine current frame and determine journal flips from there (if it's not ditto - run and radar till I get it). start doing page flips in journal till 30 or so left... bla blah blah. Well, it took me a few battles (maybe 2 or 3) using the radar to find one, but when I finally did catch one and checked the frame with metalkid's IV calculator, it was in the 900's already!

Not sure what I did to advance the frame so quickly... I did have a syncher though at the front of my party the whole time... when I went to put it into RNG reporter, I made sure to enter the synch nature and target nature in time finder correctly... and I entered similar info into the main screen to keep track of my frames. Any idea what I did wrong?... I still have no idea how I could have gone through almost 900 frames in just 2 to 3 battles, even with radaring (with a repel in use) and running through the grass...

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
EDIT: Also, in part of my testing, I just caught one right away, and it was from frame 12. I also caught one right after doing 128 steps with a party of 5, and it was from frame 17. I also caught one after doing 32 journal flips, and it was from frame 87, 11 frames ahead. This leads me to believe that somewhere in the journal is an unknown variable.
Interesting. It would have to be something with the journal exclusive to torn world, though. If you want to test more try opening and closing the journal with no advances at all and then with just one, perhaps.

Hoping somebody can help me out. I was trying to get a 5-perfect IV ditto in Diamond. Since I have to radar for it, I followed LightningFusion's advice.

Basically did this: hit time/delay, radar for pokemon, if it's ditto - check Ivs of caught one to determine current frame and determine journal flips from there (if it's not ditto - run and radar till I get it). start doing page flips in journal till 30 or so left... bla blah blah. Well, it took me a few battles (maybe 2 or 3) using the radar to find one, but when I finally did catch one and checked the frame with metalkid's IV calculator, it was in the 900's already!

Not sure what I did to advance the frame so quickly... I did have a syncher though at the front of my party the whole time... when I went to put it into RNG reporter, I made sure to enter the synch nature and target nature in time finder correctly... and I entered similar info into the main screen to keep track of my frames. Any idea what I did wrong?... I still have no idea how I could have gone through almost 900 frames in just 2 to 3 battles, even with radaring (with a repel in use) and running through the grass...
Well, if you ever wanted to know what the actual column was for -- Basically when you encounter a Pokemon it determines what the nature will be and then calls the RNG building PIDs with the results until it gets to one with the correct nature. Actual shows the actual number of rng calls (+ current frame) that happen before the monster you encounter will be generated.

So when you battle monster #1 find it and look at actual. They next thing you catch will be on frame actual + 5 (or 6, can't remember off the top of my head).

It says that the RNG can be advanced by walking. In areas with no Wild Pokémon present, it's advanced every 128 steps by the number of Pokémon in the party, and by 1 per step in areas where there are wild Pokémon present. My question is: in an area such as in Stark Mountain where Heatran is present, does that count as an area where wild Pokémon are present or not?

I'm asking because I'm trying to RNG abuse the Darkrai that's just been released via the Mystery Gift event, and I can't understand where I went wrong. I hit my target time and delay, flipped the journal the right amount of times, but the Darkrai I caught was of the completely wrong nature and IVs, so I wondered if this was the problem.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
No, it's referring to areas where you can encounter wild pokemon simply by walking. Not ones you have to interact with to encounter.

As for your Darkrai, it would be useful to figure out the frame you actually hit, and compare it to the frame you were supposed to hit.

Just want to confirm this.. I'm trying to catch a tentacruel on frame 269, surfing. So I subtract 3 for the monster frame to get 266. So I flip the journal 132 times and then sweet scent, since sweet scenting on water advanced it by 2. Right?

EDIT: I was two off. So I guess I flip it 133 tiems and then sweet scent. I'll try again. ^^

wow, I just wanted to tell everyone a story. A long time ago I used this to get a shiny jolly gyarados but the last few days I haven't been able to tapping the darn thing the happiness checker over 10,000 times probably and thought I was doing it right but my problem was I had it on app 6 not 5. I can't believe I forgot that part and how it needs to be on 5. Now I will be able to get a shiny calm tentacruel because I finally figured out where I had messed up after a long time. Thanks by the way Mingot for all that you have done in researching how it all works, and giving up a lot of your time to show others how to do it too, and making a great guide for everyone.

EDIT: Just got my calm liquid ooze tentacool, now just need to keep resetting for really good IV's.
EDIT 2: On my third reset I got this - Shiny Tentacool IV's 26/25-29/30-31/30-31/30-31/31 with rapid spin bred on it and liquid ooze ability, and it's female.

I DID IT!! I caught my first shiny legendary with the rng. I want to thank you guys for helping me understand, especially lightningfusion and mingot, you've been been very helpful. I'm sorry if I was ever rude, this was very frustrating in the beginning. I'll be leaving smogon now.

I'll try to explain what's happening as best as I can. After Calibration, I went into the "DPPt Time Finder", and then clicked the "DPPt Capture" tab. I then input values for a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Pokémon, and came up with 2 results (both exactly the same in everything except the frame, one being 198 and the other is 208). I then right clicked on one of them, and chose "Generate Times" from the menu. It then gave me a list of target times and delays, but the delay was far too high so I adjusted the year to bring the delay down to 604 (which I can quite easily hit). I then soft-reseted until I hit my target time and delay, which I then verified with my Coin Toss app on the Pokétch. I think that I'm fine up to this point (I'm fairly confident with the Coin Toss results).

Now, I'm wondering what to do next. It says in the Time Finder that I need a frame of 198, so according to the article, I take away 1 (the frame of Darkrai as said in the article on page 1) then take away 2 (the number of roamers I have), leaving me with an odd number of RNG advances (195, to be exact). Does this mean that I then advance this by 5 by walking 128 steps (with 5 Pokémon in my party) and then flipping the Journal pages 95 times? If it does, I have no idea where I'm going wrong, because I'm doing everything correctly, unless I'm getting the frame number from the wrong place.

Could someone help me out here?

Thanks in advance,
GGled.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If it does, I have no idea where I'm going wrong, because I'm doing everything correctly, unless I'm getting the frame number from the wrong place.
As syberia said -- Figure out what frame you are getting.

Use that seed you got and enter it into the Seed textbox on the main page. Click generate. Find what you did catch on the list.

I'll try to explain what's happening as best as I can. After Calibration, I went into the "DPPt Time Finder", and then clicked the "DPPt Capture" tab. I then input values for a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Pokémon, and came up with 2 results (both exactly the same in everything except the frame, one being 198 and the other is 208). I then right clicked on one of them, and chose "Generate Times" from the menu. It then gave me a list of target times and delays, but the delay was far too high so I adjusted the year to bring the delay down to 604 (which I can quite easily hit). I then soft-reseted until I hit my target time and delay, which I then verified with my Coin Toss app on the Pokétch. I think that I'm fine up to this point (I'm fairly confident with the Coin Toss results).

Now, I'm wondering what to do next. It says in the Time Finder that I need a frame of 198, so according to the article, I take away 1 (the frame of Darkrai as said in the article on page 1) then take away 2 (the number of roamers I have), leaving me with an odd number of RNG advances (195, to be exact). Does this mean that I then advance this by 5 by walking 128 steps (with 5 Pokémon in my party) and then flipping the Journal pages 95 times? If it does, I have no idea where I'm going wrong, because I'm doing everything correctly, unless I'm getting the frame number from the wrong place.

Could someone help me out here?

Thanks in advance,
GGled.
once you've hit your delay yes, you will walk exactly 128 steps and then flip onto a journal page with a captured pokemon 95 times and confront darkrai. I don't use journal flips so I don't everything about it, so I would take someone elses advice. Just make sure you advance the rng 195 times.

I just want to thank everyone that helped me here! Mingot, LF, and yngstr especially, you guys have really helped me. I know it must be annoying when people like me ask the same questions over and over, so thanks for putting up with it and helping. You guys are great. XD

Right, will do. I didn't really understand what Syberia meant when he said to find out which seed I was getting. Thanks for the advice.

If I do find out which seed I'm getting though, what do I do with that information?

mingot

free agent
He didn't say seed, he said frame. If the coin flips match you have hit your seed. In those cases you do frame advancements and catch the Pokemon. When it is not what you expected only one thing really could have gone wrong -- frame advancement.

So check what frame you got to see what happened.

In the cases where the coin flips did not match you can use the adjancents finder in the Seed->Time dialog of RNG Reporter 7.0 or greater. It should be somewhat self explainable. This will tell you, in that case where you missed your seed, what seed (and corresponding target time/delay) that you actually hit.

mingot

free agent
Calculating the Number of RNG Advances Required to Hit the Target Frame

There are a number of different variables to take into consideration when calculating the number of times you will need to advance the RNG.

Target Frame - This is the frame number of your selected spread. Spreads may be found using RNG Reporter or the spreadsheets below from the "Creation Methods for Captured Pokémon" title.

Monster Frame - This represents the frame number that a Pokémon will land on when soft resetting and then immediately capturing it without doing anything to advance the RNG. Please see the list in the "Creation Methods for Captured Pokémon" which is below.

Code:
[SIZE=3]Creation Method Reference for Captured Pokémon[/SIZE]

H[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]ere is a listing of Pokémon that may be captured and the method that is used to generate their PIDs and IVs. For information on Method 1, please refer to X-Acts guide to PID/IV Creation and for Method J refer to the section above.[/SIZE][/SIZE]  

The frames that are listed below are the frame that you will get if you simply turn on the game and immediately perform the necesary action to catch that Pokémon. If your target spread has a higher frame than what is listed you will need to perform in game actions to advance the frame to your target.

[SIZE=3]The Method J Pokémon

[/SIZE][B]All Sweet Scented Pokémon[/B]
[COLOR=Red]Frame (Grass): 2[/COLOR]
Frame (Cave): 2
Frame (Water): 3

Number of Wandering Pokémon
- This number represents the number of wandering Pokémon that have been released into the game, but have not been captured. Examples of wandering Pokémon are Cresselia, Mespirit, Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres.

Finally the forumla to calculating the number of required RNG advances is:

RNG Advances = target frame - monster frame - Number of Wandering Pokémon

Advancing the RNG

There are a number of different ways to advance the RNG, but For capturing Pokémon the three easiest are journal flips, walking where there are wild Pokémon present while using a repel and walking where there are no wild Pokémon.

Journal Flipping - Opening the Journal, or having it automatically open, when there is a caught or defeated Pokémon on the first page advances the RNG by 2. There are a number of formats for the caught Pokémon text. Those listed below have been verified to advance the RNG.

'Caught a female BIDOOF.'
'Caught AZELF (LATE NIGHT).'
'UXIE was caught (DAY).'
'Defeated a male BIDOOF.'

Flipping to a page in the journal where a caught or defeated Pokémon is listed advances the RNG by 2. The same message formats listed above will advance the RNG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)