Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical Competitive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find it odd that Nosepass has Head Smash listed as an egg move, and yet nothing that can learn Head Smash is in its egg group?

Perhaps there's a Nosepass being given away in-game that knows Head Smash, similar to the ExtremeSpeed Dratini? Or perhaps it's for a future game, like how Magcargo had Heat Wave listed as an egg move but couldn't breed with anything that knew it until you got one that knew Heat Wave in XD: Gale of Darkness...

Note for Little Cup players: I just tested it, and Berry Juice does work as a hold item still, restoring 20 HP. One-use only, obviously. You receive it attached to the Shuckle you get in Cianwood City.

(It was in the D/P ROM because you can get it in Gen III at the very least, but it wasn't in Shoddy Battle 1 due to an oversight, and most people don't seem too aware of the item.)

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh wow. That might actually be a little bit broken.

EDIT: Does it activate at 25% like other pinch berries, or 50% like other healing berries?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh wow. That might actually be a little bit broken.

EDIT: Does it activate at 25% like other pinch berries, or 50% like other healing berries?
The other question is whether Bug Bite consumes it or not. If not, that makes it infinitely superior to Oran Berry.

Speaking of which, if Shuckle holds an Oran Berry for a few battles, does it turn into Berry Juice? (Oran is the most analogous to the original "Berry" Item).

It activates at 50%.

Oran Berry is how it works in Gen III.

I'm not sure whether Bug Bite consumes it. I can't test it at the moment, though. Someone else will need to.

Honchkrow finally gets brave bird :)
he is going to hurt.and so many pokemon get gravity perhaps gravity teams will evolve into something more dangerous.

I'm still happy that Feraligatr might move up a tier, BL or If I'm really lucky, OU!!
But I don't think Feraligatr will move up to OU because of Gyarados

And Quagsire officially outclasses Gastrodon with Recover, and Stockpile in addition to Water Absrob.
Except for, you know, the ability to take and use special attacks well, the immunity to Trick, and BlockYawnMemento for setup sweeper support. Not outclassed at all, just different.

With the addition of ExtremeSpeed I think that Dratini will become more of a threat to those who play Little Cup.

I'm sure people have already mentioned/realised this, but it never hurts to mention it again.

Note for Little Cup players: I just tested it, and Berry Juice does work as a hold item still, restoring 20 HP. One-use only, obviously. You receive it attached to the Shuckle you get in Cianwood City.

(It was in the D/P ROM because you can get it in Gen III at the very least, but it wasn't in Shoddy Battle 1 due to an oversight, and most people don't seem too aware of the item.)
Wow! That sounds very useful, another Oran Berry for a team using item clause? Sweet.

Does it only coming from the Shuckle at Cianwood? Is there no other way to make it?

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Uh oh. LC is about to get broken by the berry juice imo. E-speed dratini actually seems kinda worthless.
With a Dragon Dance and Life Orb under its belt, Dragonite now stands a chance against Pokemon like Weavile and Mamoswine, while Donphan's Ice Shard is rather lackluster and Outrage is suitable. I've done the caculations and it looks like Dragonite is going to be a beast. Like before, the only problem it'll have is a way to deal with Skarmory. Then if yo make it hit Skarm, you can't cover Heatran. So basically you'll need the riht team support (as expected).

but with technician...it is still outclassed by U-Turn in pretty much all situations.
True, unless you are using an SD Scizor. Then Bug Bite will do 30 more dame than U-Turn which is kinda nice. And besides X Scissor is a bit more useful on the SD set over U-Turn anyhow. Unless you are planning to pretend to be Banded using Shed Shell. On SD sets Bug Bite will be superior.

60*1.5*1.5 = 135
70*1.5 = 105

@Dragonites. Support FTW.

Extremespeed Dragonite is going to be a great revenge killer and Feraligator is getting even better with Aqua Jet.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyone reckon that Choice Scarf Gengar with hp ice with start popping up to revenge kill the new Dragonite??

Anyone reckon that Choice Scarf Gengar with hp ice with start popping up to revenge kill the new Dragonite??
Doubtful. Dragonite getting Extremespeed doesn't really change much. IMO, its just a cool move to have with few practical uses.

Rotom getting Pain Split on the other hand. Now, I think that will increase the number of defensive Rotoms substantially.

@ HP Ice ScarfGar: No

@ Pain Split Rotom: Hell yes. This will increase his survivability substantially without having to take a nap and potentially let something set up. Meanwhile, he gains an extra moveslot over the Rest Talk version. Reflect, Tbolt, Shadow Ball, WoW, T-Wave, Overheat, Leaf Storm, etc., take your pick.

@ HP Ice ScarfGar: No

@ Pain Split Rotom: Hell yes. This will increase his survivability substantially without having to take a nap and potentially let something set up. Meanwhile, he gains an extra moveslot over the Rest Talk version. Reflect, Tbolt, Shadow Ball, WoW, T-Wave, Overheat, Leaf Storm, etc., take your pick.
I doubt it'd be central to rotoms moveset since dusknoir is like a physical more bulky rotom and his pain spilt is underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)