Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 20 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you use worry seed to change a pokemon's ability to Insomnia, does the pokemon's ability stay Insomnia for the rest of the battle, or does it change when they switch out the pokemon?

If I have an idea for a guide, do I just write it and then post it? I know that it is best to gain approval, but is that an actual rule? (I will get approval, I am just curious)

What are the 80 Hp EVS for many of the jirachi sets on the analysis for? y not put them in speed?
The 80 HP EVs came as the leftover EVs from the spread 252 Atk / 176 Spe. The 176 Spe with Jolly is to always guarantee outrunning non-Scarf Timid Roserade and Jolly Lucario, but more importantly aimed for the former due to its Sleep Powder.

The 80 HP EVs could potentially be spent on speed, as it might let one's Jirachi able to gain the upper-hand in a speed-tie. However, the available use of Thunder-Wave and even just using Body Slam to get 60% chance of a paralysis due to Jirachi's ability Serene Grace could be more than enough for some people. This holds especially true if one were to elect the hold item Occa Berry and coupled it with the proper strategic of the Dual Screen.

Your Staraptor is fine in most ways, except for it's slight downside on nature. Machamp maybe you want more coverage with 1 STAB move, try including Fire/Ice/Thunder/Sucker punch? If you're going into later stages of the Battle Tower you can leave bulk up out. Leftovers should do but since you din't put any EV's into speed Lum Berry is optional should any faster Pokemon knock a stat condition to him/her.

As for your Magnemite either #1 or #4, well it's really up to you and well you spread their EV's and design movepool. #4 has a STAB HP so it's kind of a waste since HP is for coverage and there are far better STAB moves than HP (and the power might be lacking), so I'd probably go with #1.

Overall you've got yourself not bad of a team, good job
But I was lucky enough for my shiny Starly to have a beneficial nature. Well... With Machamp, a neutral Dynamic Punch hits just as hard as a x2 effective elemental punch with the added bonus of confusion. Stone Edge hits many things that resist Dynamic Punch and Bullet Punch is to score quick revenge kills. Bulk Up may be nice while I have the time to set up, but it is debatable. What would really be better over it, though?

I certainly would not be using the HP if it is Electric; I simply had that information there so I could remember which had what HP. In any case, which type of set do you think would be best? I was thinking Scarf with Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Explosion, and then something else (possibly HP Grass), but I would not know what EV spread to use.

And thank you. ^_^ I hope to have much fun with it.

Opinions from others are also appreciated, so if anyone has any ideas, please do share them. I am mostly seeking help on the Magnezone. To reiterate my initial post:

I am making a team to challenge the Battle Tower, which consists of these two Pokémon:

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Intimidate
Naîve Nature (-Sp.Def, +Speed)
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
~ Brave Bird
~ Return
~ Close Combat
~ U-Turn

Machamp @ Lum Berry/Leftovers (Unsure about the item)
No Guard
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
~ Dynamic Punch
~ Stone Edge
~ Bullet Punch
~ Bulk Up

Firstly, do those seem like decent sets? I thought about their weaknesses and my lack of a Special Attacker, and came to the conclusion that Magnezone would round out this team nicely, probably a Scarfed one with Explosion as one of its moves.

Now, before I mention anything further, I am well-aware that the Tower should be taken quite seriously if I want to do well. However, my main goal is to get the colored emblem by using a fun team. With this in mind, the Staraptor is shiny. In addition, I have four shiny Magnemite, and I need help deciding which one would be best to complete the team. I know their Hidden Power types, but not the base power, so bear with me. Here are their stats (I do not have many Rare Candies or Wi-Fi access):

Magnemite #1: Mild (Magnet Pull; Quick Ball): 24 - 26 / 25 - 27 / 5 - 7 / 26 - 28 / 29 / 3 - 4
HP Grass

Magnemite #2: Timid (Magnet Pull; Premier Ball): 25 - 28 / 31 / 25 - 27 / 18 - 20 / 5 - 7 / 18 - 20
HP Electric

Magnemite #3: Docile (Magnet Pull; Luxury Ball): 8 - 10 / 9 - 12 / 7 - 9 / 7 - 9 / 8 - 11 / 19
HP Ice

Magnemite #4: Modest (Magnet Pull; Premier Ball): 22 - 24 / 9 - 12 / 18 - 20 / 21 - 24 / 8 - 11 / 30
HP Electric

Is Weavile considered a poor OU and why? And if so, why is it even kept OU? It's already BL in TeamUber...
Dr. Eyepatch-Use Ice Punch on Machamp.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
^ OU is based on usage and Weavile is still sitting at number 34. He has quite a few problems in OU (SR weak, poor defensive typing, weak BP of STAB attacks, SCIZOR) but he serves just enough purposes in OU to ensure that he'll probably never drop down to UU.

Are there any major tournament coming to the states anytime soon besides VGC? I live in CT but me and and my friend are looking for a good tourney to participate in.

Is it possible to have a separate post which contains the details of all the pokemon i have up for trade as i have only redis pokes and want to trade with people without the need to type them again and again

What about Mamoswine? Is it better/more popular? Mamoswine is more of an Ice-type, so...
Mamo is better, as it's a bit bulkier and gets great super effective coverage with Ice and Ground. They fill different roles, but Mamo probably is easier to use. People also use it as a Anti-Lead.

Is a Level set there for HGSS in Wireless play. Like in wifi where you can set Lv50 or Lv100 and all higher pokemon get leveled down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)