Smogon Damage Calculator Released!

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think this would be better suited to /dp/calc rather than /calc because it's only a DP calculator.

Nice calc. What I miss though is the function of calculating % chance to OHKO/2HKO/3HKO the target with Stealth Rock damage, Sandstorm damage and so on, so i'm going to stick with Libelldra for now.

Nice calc. What I miss though is the function of calculating % chance to OHKO/2HKO/3HKO the target with Stealth Rock damage, Sandstorm damage and so on, so i'm going to stick with Libelldra for now.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2390065&postcount=7

it needs to be pointed out that the method for calculating % chance to KO from % damage above is not accurate thanks largely to this little quirk in the damage formula.
And I also think you can figure out by adding 12% or 6% and subtracting leftovers if you have a chance to 2HKO :/ Basic math isn't quite that hard to use.

Wow, I just realised you can add more Pokemon! So you can check how a single attacker hits multiple defenders, or vice versa. Genius feature.
in agree with this post, it indeed is an awesome and innovative feature.

in relation, i was wondering if someone could provide an import text for damage calculation against the OU pokemon in order of usage based from the latest Server Statistics.. all of them if possible? (or if that's too much maybe the top 20? ^_^)

i believe it would be useful in building teams, creating movesets and preparing for threats

Only that the chance to OHKO/2HKO might in fact be a little bit lower or higher, but otherwise I don't think it should affect your battles much.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
(This is cross-posted in the Programming forum, but this addresses some stuff discussed here too)

I just posted a new version of the Damage Calculator that has some changes to the Options Dialog. There is now a section called "Shared Options", which are options that can be toggled on either the Attacker or the Defender, and will affect the damage calculation equally regardless of which side is toggled. Read the Help page for Shared Options for more info.

I added a new option called "No Immunity" that will cause the calculator to disregard any immunity involved in a calculation. This option is intended to address the various conditions that can cause immunities to be bypassed -- like Foresight, Miracle Eye, Roost, Mold Breaker, Gravity, etc. I wrestled with a few different ways of handling it, and this option had the most "bang for the buck". It covers many of the situations, and wasn't a huge change to the calculator.

I also added specific support for the Scrappy ability, as it applies to hitting Ghosts with Normal and Fighting moves. Scrappy pokemon do NOT need to toggle the "No Immunity" option to get the right calc. Scrappy is now built in to the basic damage calc.

I also changed the Report window to have a setting to "Show Options", which includes Critical Hits, Flash Fire, Light Screen, etc.

I updated the help pages for all the changes described above.

He used it correctly. It's saying it needs that many EVS (remember, divide by 4) to get a KO. I'd say a non STAB attack would need that many EVs anyway against a defensive beast like Skarmory. Here is a Libelldra Equation for that:

1230 Atk vs 396 Def & 334 HP (150 Base Power): 334 - 393 (100.00% - 117.66%)

Adding in the Battle Tower movesets was a likely time consuming job that would've gone unnoticed by the majority of Smogoners. But let me just tell you how much it is appreciated by a few people, including me. Thank you, Doug!

Only that the chance to OHKO/2HKO might in fact be a little bit lower or higher, but otherwise I don't think it should affect your battles much.
Actually, the 1HKO and 2HKO odds are perfectly accurate. In the article (http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/damage_formula) it does indeed say the following:

"85, 87, 89, 90, 92, 94, 96 and 98 each have a 7.69% chance of being chosen.
86, 88, 91, 93, 95, 97 and 99 each have a 5.13% chance of being chosen.
100 has only a 2.56% chance of being chosen."

However, if you look at the first section where it discusses how R is determined, you'll notice that it also says:

"R = (Rand × 100) ÷ 255, rounded down, where Rand is a random whole number between 217 and 255 inclusive with uniform probability."

The calculator on Libelldra uses this method to determine R, and in this case, there IS a uniform probability. By doing it this way, the calculator completely avoids the weird quirk that was mentioned in Section 8 of the article.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I just uploaded a new version of the Damage Calculator, with a new Preference for selecting Tiers of pokemon you want to work with. You can select multiple tiers, if you want mix and match various tiers. See the help for Preferences for more information on the new option.

I also added a logo in the toolbar that links back to the Smogon front page. I found myself frequently wanting to link back to the main site, without using bookmarks. I tried to make the stylized Koffing icon somewhat consistent with overall visual theme of the calculator. Aside from the functional link, I think it adds a little more visual spice to the calculator.

I hope the new features help!

Thanks for adding the new features Doug. I like the new preference you added. Also, the Koffing logo makes the calculator so much cooler. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)