Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what you did there... But yeah, I get that. They're starting to develop things a little more with weather but there is so much they could still do. The special defence boost for Rocks was a neat addition that made sandstorm more interesting to use. Look at hail, aside from make Walrein into an unstoppable war tank it's done little else since it's introduction. On a realistic level it, and sandstorm should both affect accuracy. Though that could end up extremely broken.

Another thing that's also along these lines that I've mention before is things like Thunderpunch and Volt Tackle actually doing damage to Ground types. Though the electricity would be negated, the physical impact would surely be felt. If a Raichu and a Sandslash were fighting, they're roughly the same size, and if Raichu Volt Tackled it wouldn't just ricochet off Sandslash while Sandslash is left standing dazed and confused, Sandslash would feel the force behind the attack just not the charge.

So your saying like a thunderpunch would do half damage but a thunderbolt would still do none? That is interesting. But then what about thunderpunch on a ghost? Should it feel the electricity but not the physical punch? And should it feel anything from focus blast? Or tri-attack? And I agree with the sandstorm/hail thing. I mean there is sand veil and snow cloak too. Another thing about accuracy, should a move like slash with 100 accuracy be unaviodable by a pokemon that is really fast or can fly out of the way?

The "thunderpunch still hits ground types" could fall under a dual type attack idea. Thinking about it, the punches (ice, fire, thunder) could all be primary/fighting type. This could be made into other moves too, possibly new moves.

Yeah think that's what...dream boat... was getting at. I'm not sure how far secondary typing would go though because it seems most likely for a secondary type to be fighting or normal. And if thunderpunch did go in that direction it seems it would need to be both physical and special and that kind of damage calculation seems a bit too out there.

I wasn't saying physical/special, because thunderpunch is still physical now without a secondary typing. I doubt somebody in nintendo or gf would go nuts enough to make a physical/special move.

EDIT: I had one concept for a Pokemon that would be ???-type. Not sure if I posted it already (I may have not done so on the grounds it's a bit rubbish).
'Infrabolus" is the embodiment of chaos and the counterpart to Arceus. The name is based on the Latin for lowest+devil, as a parallel to Arceus' possible etymology being highest+god. Stress is on the second syllable, similar to 'parabola'.
680 BST, likely offensively oriented. Its tru type is ???, but its unique ability, "Chaos Flux", causes it to randomly change typing every turn, to any of the 289 possible 'ordered' type combinations (17 of those would have primary and secondary the same; they would be treated as pure-types not as 'double' pure types.).
Its signature move would be 80 BP, physical (to counteract Judgement, which is special), and typing would be Infrabolus' primary typing at the time of use. It would get a generally large movepool, but perhaps lack the most powerful moves, on the grounds of chaos being unable to be focussed to such power, for if it was focussed it would become ordered.
Oh my, I like. This would be a great new legendary, if they decide to try to one up Arceus. Ridiculously hard to counter, you'd pretty much have to have some ??? type moves, for guaranteed neutral damage, but it would be an awesome idea.

I see what you did there... But yeah, I get that. They're starting to develop things a little more with weather but there is so much they could still do. The special defence boost for Rocks was a neat addition that made sandstorm more interesting to use. Look at hail, aside from make Walrein into an unstoppable war tank it's done little else since it's introduction. On a realistic level it, and sandstorm should both affect accuracy. Though that could end up extremely broken.
Sand Veil, and Snow Cloak both effect accuracy as a part of the weather, I think much more then that would be a bad thing.

Also, just on the realistic level, heavy rain would effect accuracy as well.

Something I think would be interesting... not necessarily better... is more realistic and in depth effects from attacks. For example if surf or hydro pump has just been used, the opponent would be drenched in water... now if I was covered in water and got an electric shock surely it would be worse than if I was dry, so I'm thinking if a pokemon is wet from a previous attack it should take more damage from thunderbolt etc. Of course this is like rain dance, but the beauty is both being wet and rain dance can't really affect electric attack damage at the same time. Because being wet doesn't get much worse because it's raining. Anyway I'm rambling. Should being wet slow a pokemon down slightly too? Realistically yes.

But obviously these things are way too complex to have on the surface of a game largely owned by children. Iv's is fine because it's hidden from us in a way. So I'm not expecting anything close to it. But for fun, post what you think more in depth effects could be. I'm curious... Bi-curious. Not really. (sshhh)
Well, I've always believed pouring rain should increase the damage of electric attacks (Omg Lanturn would be so OP with rain support lol). Think about increasing electric moves in rain by 1.5 like water moves. Or remove the water bonus alltogether, and only give elec 1.5 boost. From a logical perspective, rain should at least make elec moves stronger, but by how much is debatable. Would probably make Thunder in rain grossly overpowered though, but again, it would give rain a little boost. Heck, going by that logic, Sunny day should not only make Solarbeam chargeless, but also increase its power.

I would like to see some evo families based on actual evolutionary trees. Maybe there could be a quadruped Pokemon that evolves into a whale Pokemon or a reptilian Pokemon that evolves into a bird Pokemon, or maybe even an ape Pokemon that is the ancestor of humans.

Another thing I would like is for there to be more variations in the appearance of individual Pokemon. This has already been done with Spinda and Gastrodon, but it could easily be done with a lot of other Pokemon (such as the Spiky-eared Pichu).

Solarbeam on the first turn takes in sunlight to charge the attack, the second turn releasing all the energy consumed from the sun into a beam. Solar+beam.

I think with the punches and tackles that have an elemental type to them, if they were going to be secondary type it would have to be a hidden ??? type, just because it would mean a lot of moves wouldn't hit ghosts with the change. Duel type attacks have been touched upon before but that could be horrid for some Pokémon. Imagine Blaziken using blaze kick on an Abomasnow. That would be a 2x STAB multiplier cus of the duel typing for both the Pokémon and the attack, it would hit at 4x super effective for Fire and 2x super effective on top of that for Fighting. It's quite a specific example, but something like that could obliterate.

I think with weather they'd be best off broadening the effects of what they can do. Rain would boost power of Water and Electric and I'd say boost accuracy too but would also damage Fire and Rock types on a turn to turn basis. Sun would boost power of Fire and Grass, same with the accuracy, not sure what it could damage on a turn to turn basis but as a fun little twist mean that physical hits onto Steel types would receive recoil damage because of the Steel body heating (sort of how Rough Skin works).

Sun would boost power of Fire and Grass, same with the accuracy, not sure what it could damage on a turn to turn basis
Ice.

What you and others are essentially suggesting though is powering up weather conditions. They've already received boosts in every generation, with duration-extending items and auto-inducers as well as more Pokemon to take advantage of them. Make them better still and you'll be at the point where few teams don't use weather. Indeed AIUI that's already the case in Ubers, which has Drought and Drizzle as well as Sand Stream and Snow Warning.

I think with the punches and tackles that have an elemental type to them, if they were going to be secondary type it would have to be a hidden ??? type, just because it would mean a lot of moves wouldn't hit ghosts with the change. Duel type attacks have been touched upon before but that could be horrid for some Pokémon. Imagine Blaziken using blaze kick on an Abomasnow. That would be a 2x STAB multiplier cus of the duel typing for both the Pokémon and the attack, it would hit at 4x super effective for Fire and 2x super effective on top of that for Fighting. It's quite a specific example, but something like that could obliterate.

I think with weather they'd be best off broadening the effects of what they can do. Rain would boost power of Water and Electric and I'd say boost accuracy too but would also damage Fire and Rock types on a turn to turn basis. Sun would boost power of Fire and Grass, same with the accuracy, not sure what it could damage on a turn to turn basis but as a fun little twist mean that physical hits onto Steel types would receive recoil damage because of the Steel body heating (sort of how Rough Skin works).
Imagine Swampert using Muddy Water on Macgargo:naughty:

I would like to see some evo families based on actual evolutionary trees. Maybe there could be a quadruped Pokemon that evolves into a whale Pokemon or a reptilian Pokemon that evolves into a bird Pokemon, or maybe even an ape Pokemon that is the ancestor of humans.

Another thing I would like is for there to be more variations in the appearance of individual Pokemon. This has already been done with Spinda and Gastrodon, but it could easily be done with a lot of other Pokemon (such as the Spiky-eared Pichu).
I would like nothing better than a Monkey Pokemon that evolves into your character. That would definitely piss off a few people, but how awesome would that be?

Cool idea though, GF should use it too because it gives them a little more flexibility when they're trying to create pokemon (i.e. A bird doesn't have to evolve into a bigger bird)

Makes sense, since the pokemon "evolve" (evolution). like, a reptilian pokemon could evolve into a reptile-like pokemon growing wings and being able to stand on two legs, and it could go further when it reaches the third spot in the chain.

I'm confused, how does the rain affect the damage of electric-based attacks? Maybe special electric-based attacks' accuracy (rather than just Thudner, but do any other special electric-based attacks have less than 100% accuracy?) could increase, but not the damage.

I'm confused, how does the rain affect the damage of electric-based attacks? Maybe special electric-based attacks' accuracy (rather than just Thudner, but do any other special electric-based attacks have less than 100% accuracy?) could increase, but not the damage.
Well, a wet person (Pokemon in this case;D) would naturally conduct electricity more efficiently, thus the increased damage.

What would be nice is if we got non-legendaries with Drizzle/Drought, seeing as those two weathers are the only ones lacking auto-inducers outside Ubers. We already have auto-inducers of the other weathers, so why not?

Alongside that, an evolution of Castform would be awesome. Always liked the guy, to bad he sucks;< It's not gonna happen though, but it would have been interesting. Anyway, at the very least they have to make him become a Rock-type in Sandstorm. I never knew why they didn't do that in RSE in the first place. Since Weather ball can already change into a Rock-attack in Sandstorm, it seems obvious his Forecast ability should be able to change him to.

you know... because being wet makes you more susceptible to electricity and such.

regardless, it's a silly idea. if we're going to make things more realistic, we might as well make it so fighting in the grass would cause the field to set on fire if fire moves were used; maybe that rock/ground/fire/steel/whatever types wouldn't be able to battle while using surf.

That being said, I'm all for weather being expanded upon, but not to the proposed extent.

Expanding on Castform... Perhaps he could evolve at a certain level depending on which form he's in when he levels up. Then he would permanently become the type he currently is, of course making him look cooler than just the transformation, and changing his ability to auto-weather that corresponds to the type. Might be a bit to much to get one pokemon that can potentially induce any weather, but hey, it's just an idea. You could get away with making his stats 80 across the board, a 10 increase in all stats. That way, he wouldn't actually be OP, but still better and with a better ability.

It would be nice I think. Improbable, but nice.

Expanding on Castform... Perhaps he could evolve at a certain level depending on which form he's in when he levels up. Then he would permanently become the type he currently is, of course making him look cooler than just the transformation, and changing his ability to auto-weather that corresponds to the type. Might be a bit to much to get one pokemon that can potentially induce any weather, but hey, it's just an idea. You could get away with making his stats 80 across the board, a 10 increase in all stats. That way, he wouldn't actually be OP, but still better and with a better ability.

It would be nice I think. Improbable, but nice.
There are some people who think that auto-rain/sun on a Magikarp would be overcentralizing. While that's probably false, I still don't think permanent rain/sun from a Pokemon with good stats is a good idea. I suppose you could go with 5 turn auto-rain/sun to make it less powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)