Pokemon VGC 2010 DATES / rules announced for the US!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle Times

Anyone up to some battles to test some vgc teams on NBS? How long do you think it'll be untill the locations are annouced?
Well, since last year they started on May 9, I bet that they will start sometime in the beginning of May again. Better for us, it will give us time to put the finishing touchs on our teams.

Hey, I'd be up for a match. I need to tweak my team anyway, and this would show me what I'm lacking. PM me sometime over the weekend.

this is embarrassingly noob, but where the helsinki does mewtwo learn self destruct? a few people have told me pokemon XD, but i cant seem to locate him on any new learnsets.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
this is embarrassingly noob, but where the helsinki does mewtwo learn self destruct? a few people have told me pokemon XD, but i cant seem to locate him on any new learnsets.
Yes, there is a tutor in XD that teaches Pokemon Selfdestruct.

Well, since last year they started on May 9, I bet that they will start sometime in the beginning of May again. Better for us, it will give us time to put the finishing touchs on our teams.
He asked just when the locations will be announced, not when they start. They should be announced not to far from now because they need to start early if they are having more locations then last year. I want them to reveal them already because I am NOT buying HG/SS unless there is a qualifier near me.

I can't wait for the qualifiers, that I hope they will have in NYC. I bought HGSS for another reason, but I will definitely be trading my team over.

I can't wait for the qualifiers, that I hope they will have in NYC. I bought HGSS for another reason, but I will definitely be trading my team over.
They most likely will. NYC and LA were the 2 original qualifiers but were skipped for some reason last year...
On a side note, why cant we go on the VGC server on NBS if we dont have version 1.1.1? There should be a server on 1.1.0; 1.1.1 is INCREDIBLY glitchy, infact i cant even get into the team builder...

I tend to go with Crunch since it isn't affected by weather and hits Mewtwo and Latios super-effective, which Snorlax can actually take 1 on 1.

are AR'd name changes detectable?
They are but I don't think the hackchecker looks for it. I wouldn't risk it though either way. You can tell when a name's been changed if the pokémon is Japanese and has its name in the non-Japanese letter format. The Japanese nickname format has a character limit of 5 and the romaji have larger letters so you can easily spot a mismatch. Requires Pokésav though. Or there's the "visible to the naked eye" method of working it out by comparing the OT with the nickname. If there's a Japanese OT and non-Japanese nickname or vice versa, the AR use is pretty obvious.

But it's unnecessary to edit the names anyway.

Just curious, someone mentioned that VGA pokemon could be transferred to a DS -- how do you get them onto a game cartridge? And are their plans to use these rules in Shoddy? I may have missed something, got up to page 5

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just curious, someone mentioned that VGA pokemon could be transferred to a DS -- how do you get them onto a game cartridge? And are their plans to use these rules in Shoddy? I may have missed something, got up to page 5
Pal Park in DeSuMe, then put the 4th gen save file in a flashcart.

Though according to the event's ruleset, this is clearly cheating. ;)

Reasoning: You use external hardware to generate a Pokémon (VBA and the like can be considered as such).

Anyway, people argue that this is not detectable and, however, it doesn't matter because they probably won't check for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)