Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember where I heard it, but I remember someone suggesting that HMs be replaced by exploration gear. (Surf>Swisuit, Rockclimb>Climbing Gear, etc.) Of course fly presents a major problem...

I can't remember where I heard it, but I remember someone suggesting that HMs be replaced by exploration gear. (Surf>Swisuit, Rockclimb>Climbing Gear, etc.) Of course fly presents a major problem...
JETPACK!!!!!! And i think it was Surfboard for Surf. But i highly doubt they'll change something so standard in the games, no matter how much i want them too.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
*ahem*

Dragon Dance
The entire OU tier
Dark Void
Stealth Rock
Outrage
Blissey
Choice items
Incredibly luck-based gameplay

Expect something else to dominate... Don't expect smart things from Game Freak.
Blissey makes Fighting Types more valuable.
Outrage makes Steel Types more valuable.
Stealth Rock sharply devalues Fire, Flying, Ice, and Bug Types.

Stealth Rock dominates, and that's bad, but you're right. If it goes, Game Freak will replace it. But Stealth Rock is still worth nerfing for balance reasons.

Flying could be replaced with teleportation. Perhaps some company that has Abra's in each town. You can contact any of of the Pokecenters to have them teleport you.

Yeah, Gamefreak isn't going to do that, but it is possible.

edit: I'd find it funny if they made Stealth Rock for another type... like some move called Electric Fence/Fire Wall/Thorn Bush/Sand Trap etc...

The metagame would become such crap.

Flying could be replaced with teleportation. Perhaps some company that has Abra's in each town. You can contact any of of the Pokecenters to have them teleport you.

Yeah, Gamefreak isn't going to do that, but it is possible.

edit: I'd find it funny if they made Stealth Rock for another type... like some move called Electric Fence/Fire Wall/Thorn Bush/Sand Trap etc...

The metagame would become such crap.
You realize that if it stacked with Stealth Rock, pokes could be 1HKOed on the switch in? Right now they only take 75% damage + toxic at max.

You realize that if it stacked with Stealth Rock, pokes could be 1HKOed on the switch in? Right now they only take 75% damage + toxic at max.
I remember seeing part of a video called "Ho-oh isn't uber" or something along those lines. Youtube messed up before I saw the end, but it seemed like it was building up to Ho-oh being OHKO'd on the switch-in without any direct damage.

Doesn't seem that way--the games were announced for the Nintendo DS family when they were revealed.
Darn >.>
Let's at least pray that they make that system not a failure.
They've never failed us with hand-held yet!
Anywho, I'm also noticing that these 5th Gen look like Digimon o.O

I remember seeing part of a video called "Ho-oh isn't uber" or something along those lines. Youtube messed up before I saw the end, but it seemed like it was building up to Ho-oh being OHKO'd on the switch-in without any direct damage.

i belive what was set up was SR, 3 layers of spikes, 1 layer of TS, sandstream, leech seed, and gravity.

I had a vision today(while i was in the bathroom). Why not make a move creator? Like instead of wasting your BP on tm's and vitamins, why not spend 5000 BP or something to teach someone a double battle fake out where both opponents flinch? My vision has it set up so that you have to pay BP for more accuracy, good effects cost more BP, priority costs more BP, and effect % cost BP. Power is adjusted accordingly otherwise a priority eruption would dominate the game. Type should be free if its normal, and then like 100 BP or something to choose the types that have immunities, i.e. electric, fighting. and then 300 BP for types with no immunities, i.e. rock, steel. fire and water imo should be 200 range because of flash fire and water absorb. If you're wondering how the power would work, it would be less power the better the effect and less power the higher the priority(limited to +1 though). I think this would make the game much more enjoyable and diverse and would actually give me a reason to fight the battle frontier. As for the names of the move, it should be integrated into the game. Like you know how in Mario Party, if you pair up Mario and Luigi, the team name is Mario Bros., but if you pair up Luigi and Waluigi, their team name is Lean n' Mean? Well now you know. The name of the move should work something like this. But to keep things fair, the move is a one time move tutoring just like any other move tutor and will cost an enormous amount of BP.

In shoddy battle, they could implement this by allowing people above a certain CRE to teach certain moves. I do realize that the people with higher CRE's will most like be unstoppable by anyone with anything less, but that's why you face people with a CRE relativily close to yours, right? Also, this would probably place Smeargle in ubers, so i don't think Smeargle should be able to copy move tutors and in the next gen, should only copy level up and egg moves(most move tutor moves and tm's are learned by some pokemon already).

EDIT1: Forgot to mention who can learn what move. To be honest, I have no idea. I'm thinking it could only be learned by a pokemon of the same type and i can't think of other restrictions. The point of this is to diversify the metagame and restricting who could learn what would sort of ruin the whole purpose. But typing is sort of important so I think that should be the only restriction. Of course there should be some exceptions like Porygon-Z being able to learn Psychic at least and Groudon being able to learn Fire.

EDIT2: To make things interesting and more like what GameFreak would do, the move creator should come only on a specific day. Saturday is a good day. Or maybe you could separate it so that there is a move creator for each type that shows up in a different location once a week. For example, the Fire Move Creator only shows up in a cave hidden deep in a volcano. Why deep in a volcano? Because, these moves are the ultimate moves and require some effort to receive. Why would a crazy Fire bastard living in a volcano want some BPs? Because he was obviously a Pokemon Master 60 years ago and it reminds him of his youth and how he beat the Battle Tower back then(or some shit like that).

EDIT3: Oh oh oh, new idea. The crazy Fire bastard was a pokemon master specialized in Fire pokemon. after 60 years, he wants to see his good old pals again and each week he wants to see a different fire pokemon in exchange for creating a move for you. This may seem crazy at first, but this is just my thought diarrhea right now. I'm just spilling out everything that comes to my mind because I think this is such a great idea. I'll organize it later.

EDIT4: the power of a perfect accuracy and 100% flinch rate would be something like 50 and if you want priority, 40(fake out). I see what the problem is, and i guess i forgot to say flinch rate as in first turn flinches like fake out. otherwise, effect % is limited to 30(at least for flinching). keep in mind that this guy doesn't teach support moves.

Obviously I elaborated a lot on something I thought of in 3 seconds. Tell me what you guys think of this crazy idea. Ask questions and point to holes and I'll patch them.

I had a vision today(while i was in the bathroom).
I read that whole post like it smelt of shit.

I had an idea to address the tm issues (I know Gamefreak are scouring these pages looking for an answer). You could kinda breed tms. Like the moves only carry over from the male, which always annoyed me. How about when the egg hatches it's holding a tm with one of the females moves? I'd probably prefer a huge department store where I could buy them all, but failing that breeding for tms seems pretty cool.

are you talking about my first edit? to make it clear, it's a guy that's teaching the move, not a tm. the whole point is so that each pokemon is different so i don't want these "special" moves to be breedable.

No I wasn't talking about your idea. I don't get your idea at all; you pay BP to make your own move. Okay so I have no life and spend my time getting (or hacking) infinite BP. Then I use it to get a move with Explosion like damage, perfect accuracy, and if I have enough BP, 100% chance of Confusion/Flinching. It makes no sense. I don't know how Gamefreak tests things but I imagine before they create a move themselves they test it in battle to make sure it isn't broken. (I don't know what happened with Stealth Rock or Flinch Hacks, maybe they were sick that day).

Breeding for tms is a different idea that stops tms being lost, especially if you used them on the female. If used on the male the move can always be passed down to a new Pokémon, if used on the female the hatched Pokémon will be holding the tm.

get rid of the damn voltorb flip and give us back the ability to buy game corner coins goddamit! I had no coins and an shit load of useless cash i usually spend on game corner coins

Water/Dark is already used by 3 Pokemon. Water/Fighting is used by Poliwrath. neither of those types would unique, so why is Water/Psychic completely unacceptable all of a sudden? completely removing the Psychic aspect that Golduck already has is just plain silly and unnecessary. making it's psychic powers more powerful and giving it the typing (which it should already have anyways) makes way more sense then magically getting rid of it's psychic powers and making it a fighting type for no reason, other than the fact that Slowpoke exists. Dark at least makes a small amount of sense (only because it's based of a Kappa) but that would make 4 Water/Dark types, which completely negates the whole reason we didn't use Water/Psychic in the first place.
Man, you are always waiting in the wings to kill any talk of a Golduck evo that doesn't involve the Psychic-type, aren't you?

Did I say anything about unique typing? No.

Sharpedo is only ok, and Crawdaunt is garbage. Poliwrath isn't exactly a prize catch either. Why not give a good pokemon with an awesome ability one of those typings?

Golduck isn't just going to magically evolve through level-up after 4 generations. It is going to need an item (or some kind of locale-based method). And Game Freak has made it abundantly clear that item based evolutions don't have to make sense. Look at Scyther to Scizor; the new typing was defined by the item, not the pokemon that evolved.

The same thing could easily be done with Golduck. Stop being so narrowminded.

Well, the problem with creating moves is that it eliminates alot of future possibilities for attacks that Gamefreak might want. And besides, where will we all be when there is a ice type attack that induces sleep? Or a priority dragon move? My dragonite is fearfull enough.

Speaking of random ideas, while looking at bulbasaur in a pokedex, my sisters said that Bublasaur is grass OR poison type. I quickly corrected them and said it is Grass AND poison type. And then I had a thought, what if some Pokemon had a possibility of coming with different type combos, kind of like how some have one of two abilities. A pokemon with three types would have one main type, and then two possible types that it may have when aquired. For example, let's say pokemon X is a fire, fighting, rock type. Pokemon X is a fire type first, and will always have that. But when you encounter it in the wild, it will either be fire/fighting or fire/rock. Like it's ability, once you have the pokemon, it's typing can never be changed.

Well, the problem with creating moves is that it eliminates alot of future possibilities for attacks that Gamefreak might want. And besides, where will we all be when there is a ice type attack that induces sleep? Or a priority dragon move? My dragonite is fearfull enough.

Speaking of random ideas, while looking at bulbasaur in a pokedex, my sisters said that Bublasaur is grass OR poison type. I quickly corrected them and said it is Grass AND poison type. And then I had a thought, what if some Pokemon had a possibility of coming with different type combos, kind of like how some have one of two abilities. A pokemon with three types would have one main type, and then two possible types that it may have when aquired. For example, let's say pokemon X is a fire, fighting, rock type. Pokemon X is a fire type first, and will always have that. But when you encounter it in the wild, it will either be fire/fighting or fire/rock. Like it's ability, once you have the pokemon, it's typing can never be changed.
Kinda like Wormadam?

I hope they bring back the Dive HM this generation. Dive was cool, just not well executed in RSE with only being able to catch three or four Pokemon on the ocean floor.

No I wasn't talking about your idea. I don't get your idea at all; you pay BP to make your own move. Okay so I have no life and spend my time getting (or hacking) infinite BP. Then I use it to get a move with Explosion like damage, perfect accuracy, and if I have enough BP, 100% chance of Confusion/Flinching. It makes no sense. I don't know how Gamefreak tests things but I imagine before they create a move themselves they test it in battle to make sure it isn't broken. (I don't know what happened with Stealth Rock or Flinch Hacks, maybe they were sick that day).

Breeding for tms is a different idea that stops tms being lost, especially if you used them on the female. If used on the male the move can always be passed down to a new Pokémon, if used on the female the hatched Pokémon will be holding the tm.
wtf. i mentioned it twice that power wasn't upgradeable, it was based on everything else. the power of a perfect accuracy and 100% flinch rate would be something like 50 and if you want priority, 40(fake out). I see what you're saying, and i guess i forgot to say flinch rate as in first turn flinches like fake out. otherwise, effect % is limited to 30(at least for flinching). keep in mind that this guy doesn't teach support moves and I don't see how with all these limits you can create a broken move.

for breeding tms, if bred with a ditto, the move should pass on to the offspring. or if its bred with something that has no moves. for your suggestion, the question still remains, how did the tm get in their?

wtf. i mentioned it twice that power wasn't upgradeable, it was based on everything else. the power of a perfect accuracy and 100% flinch rate would be something like 50 and if you want priority, 40(fake out). I see what you're saying, and i guess i forgot to say flinch rate as in first turn flinches like fake out. otherwise, effect % is limited to 30(at least for flinching). keep in mind that this guy doesn't teach support moves and I don't see how with all these limits you can create a broken move.
Your idea still isn't very good. It would be broken however it were implemented unless you only had set things to choose from, to stop infinite flinch or shit like that. But even then you'd be better off with GameFreak just introducing the move themselves. Not to mention naming of moves and battle animations would have to be a part of the created content. Which in game is fine, but Pokémon is a multiplayer game. It would be too awkward, or make WiFi battle times so much longer spent loading to comprehend the created content. Not to mention the risk run of two different moves being made with the same animation and name which would just be confusing. It would also make battles really unfair as you could make a ridiculously powerful move that your opponent would never be able to see coming and give it an effect that negates any possible counter.

It's a silly idea that would never be able to work unless Pokémon wasn't multiplayer and even that is a stretch.

I would much rather that HM out of battle uses just become THINGS YOUR POKEMON CAN DO rather than taking up a moveset. In the way that badges allow you to control your Pokemon to a certain level they would allow your Pokemon to do certain things outside of battle. It makes more logical sense and implies that your abilities as a trainer allow your Pokemon to do these out-of-battle actions rather than the application of a move.

Come on Gamefreak, are you saying that a Wailord can't carry a person on its back unless it knows Surf? Ridiculous. Just make it so the Wailord wouldn't allow you to Surf on its back unless you've advanced enough to acquire a certain badge. They could expand on it and give your Pokemon more things to do outside of battle, as shown in HGSS to give your Pokemon more personality.

I hope they bring back the Dive HM this generation. Dive was cool, just not well executed in RSE with only being able to catch three or four Pokemon on the ocean floor.
Seconded. I loved that part of 3rd-gen. Having that and letting you catch Shellder, Krabby, and whatever else as well would be awesome.

Come on Gamefreak, are you saying that a Wailord can't carry a person on its back unless it knows Surf?
Realism has always taken a back seat in Pokemon games. A sparrow carrying you on its back? A welfare system of Pokecenters? The inability to JUST SWIM ACROSS THE FREAKING STREAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)